Graphite Design Tour AD DI

G.Review

I put this shaft in my driver in June 2010 and really didn't know what to expect. I have spent quite some time searching for the right driver shaft to fit my game, whiteboard, ozik HD, fubuki, etc. I put the DI 6X in my driver and absolutely love it, it gives great feedback through impact, as well as a tight shot dispersion for me. To my swing characteristics I compare it to a Diamana Whiteboard, but I hit the DI about 10 yards further due to the higher launch of the shaft. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great feeling shaft combined with distance and accuracy (lethal combo). I just recently got the DI 7X for my 3 wood and can't wait to play it for a couple months or so to get the feedback on that as well. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

With correct tipping, this is a mid launch low spin beast. I have a 7 TX in a driver and it's killer. I've fit many people into the 6 for a higher launch with a touch of spin and the 7 and 8 for stronger players and fairway woods. As with all of the Tour AD line, tipping is crucial. Get it right and it's the best!

[quote name='fowler52' timestamp='1300411665' post='3065507']
With correct tipping, this is a mid launch low spin beast. I have a 7 TX in a driver and it's killer. I've fit many people into the 6 for a higher launch with a touch of spin and the 7 and 8 for stronger players and fairway woods. As with all of the Tour AD line, tipping is crucial. Get it right and it's the best!
[/quote]

Any tips on how to establish how much tipping is needed? Coming from a Blueboard 83 stiff tipped 1/2"

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was fitting yesterday for a new R11. The place had the stock offerings and many top of the line shafts set up for fitting purposes with the R11 (I'm guessing TM gives them sleeves for extra shafts). Although the specs are different, it feels a lot like a Diamana Whiteboard as "RedHawk59" mentioned. I couldn't believe it. My spin was at 2600-2700 on average with this shaft. Trackman numbers were the best I have had. This shaft is long with tight dispersion too. It was the only AD DI-6 they had with the R11 tip...they had two DI-7's tipped, but said they would order me a DI-6 and tip it. Of course I left with the DI-6 in the new R11. I still have my Diamana Whiteboard pull but I think I will be playing this shaft.

Ballmark

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Only just got fitted last week, got my new shaft this morning in a new 910 D3 head. Longer than anything I have played and UNBELIEVABLE accuracy. I mean, before I could comfortably turn the club over for a draw or hit my stock fade, now I can control it almost to the metre. I can't say enough about this shaft, it's simply opened my eyes to the potential of shafts.

Next on the list, FW... Maybe a DI-7x...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='sunnyboy' timestamp='1310262706' post='3378236']
They call this shaft high launch low spin well its definitely low spin but i would say its more mid launch for myself but still an amazingly good shaft
[/quote]

I have to agree with the low spin and mid/low launch. The people at GD used my specs and said the SR (stiff/regular) flex would be best for my swing speed (93 avg) and tempo. Put it in my 910D2 and not very happy with results. Found I lost distance but accuracy was acceptable. Make a big investment and it didn't pay off. Now stuck with a $300 shaft! :(

• 1 month later...

I have only used the shaft for one round and about 30 balls on the range. Right now, Im thinking I should have went with the extra stiff shaft. It feels really soft and now that I look at the swing speed charts 105 to 110 is an extra stiff. I do know that I was hitting high long cuts . 270 all carry little to no roll due to wet soft fairways. I did have a couple 285+ drives. I think if I close the club face this will be a really long club for me. It seems as if I will not have a honeymoon with this shaft. I will give it a couple more rounds before I vote on the 1 to 5 and give her another review

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1325572492' post='4020897']
I have only used the shaft for one round and about 30 balls on the range. Right now, Im thinking I should have went with the extra stiff shaft. It feels really soft and now that I look at the swing speed charts 105 to 110 is an extra stiff. I do know that I was hitting high long cuts . 270 all carry little to no roll due to wet soft fairways. I did have a couple 285+ drives. I think if I close the club face this will be a really long club for me. It seems as if I will not have a honeymoon with this shaft. I will give it a couple more rounds before I vote on the 1 to 5 and give her another review

[/quote]

I was surprised at how smooth and soft this shaft feels. I am wondering how Tiger plays this shaft? I have the DI7x and I know Titleist tips them 1/2 inch standard. But it does get up with low spin. Seemed a little wild, but I just got it and hope I get used to it.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

• 1 month later...

Well after a couple of rounds with this shaft Im really starting to love it. As I stated above I went with the S flex instead of the X flex. It holds up well and its deep if I slow the back swing down. For me I have a lot of feel with this shaft in my 9064LS. I can feel where it hits the club face, heel toes high or low on the club face. I don't know all the tech terms but I can feel the lag of the club head and the kick point in the shaft. The kick point to me feels a little closer to the hands, I'm not sure if that is where I should be feeling it though, since this is a high launching shaft.

For me I have been hitting the ball higher then I ever have before with a lot less spin.

I have been getting some of my longest drives ever. These numbers are like the numbers I was putting up when I lived in Colorado Springs.

I think I will be having it cut down from a 45.5 to a 44.5. or 45 or top tipped a half inch. At this time I have now confidence in this club because I'm all over the place. I hope tipping it or cutting it down will help me control my shot a little/lot more.

Pro: high launch, low spin, great feel, smooth feeling if you like that type of shaft

Cons: for me, the price, yes I know there are shafts out that cost a lot more and don't preform as well but I just wish it cost a little less in case I didn't like it.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

To to add to the PROs: on the miss hits, high on the club face, the ball doesn't ballon even when hitting into those Hawaii trade winds. I still had a nice ball flight with ok lenth, just not as long as if it were about a half inch lower on the club face.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

[quote name='highbomb32' timestamp='1328924524' post='4257087']
So would you guys recommend the 6x over the 6s?
[/quote]

Same question - coming from a Stiff RIP Alpha 60. About 105-107 SS now, working on eliminating some power leaks that should get me back up to 110 or so. Stiff or X Stiff in the AD DI? Going in a Titleist 910D3.

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JLew' timestamp='1329192169' post='4281445']
[quote name='highbomb32' timestamp='1328924524' post='4257087']
So would you guys recommend the 6x over the 6s?
[/quote]

Same question - coming from a Stiff RIP Alpha 60. About 105-107 SS now, working on eliminating some power leaks that should get me back up to 110 or so. Stiff or X Stiff in the AD DI? Going in a Titleist 910D3.
[/quote]

I would go with the 6X. The STIFF limit on the web site says SS of 105.

So I'm back and as you can tell I'm all over the place with this thing.

I'm starting to think I should have went with the 6X myself. With the 6s, even after being tipped 1/2 inch and playing at 45 inches I'm still all over the place. This shaft might just be to smooth for me. My main miss is a high cut which sometimes turns into a slice. I have always setup down the right side. And with a fade/slice thats not a good thing. I will say this, I played yesterday and had several bombs.

I know I know everyone on here drives the ball over 300 yards. But when you over shot a par 4 that is 320+ yards long with bunkers front and back by 30 yards, all we/I could say was WOW. Or when you clearing a tall tree 250 yards out and leaving your self 68 yards into a 402 yard hole something must be working alright with this shaft. If I could just get that on more holes.

I really dislike that I have to actually think about slowing down my back swing. Who knows, that could be whats causing all the issues, to much thinking. Right now I just have no confidences in the big sticks. 5 or 6 good drives is not good enough. I need 10 or 11 good drives a round.

Yardage via Bushnell V2

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='victor10' timestamp='1320947956' post='3784181']
[quote name='sunnyboy' timestamp='1310262706' post='3378236']
They call this shaft high launch low spin well its definitely low spin but i would say its more mid launch for myself but still an amazingly good shaft
[/quote]

I have to agree with the low spin and mid/low launch. The people at GD used my specs and said the SR (stiff/regular) flex would be best for my swing speed (93 avg) and tempo. Put it in my 910D2 and not very happy with results. Found I lost distance but accuracy was acceptable. Make a big investment and it didn't pay off. Now stuck with a $300 shaft! :(
[/quote]

Update!
I gave this shaft another try because everyone wanted to give me $150 for the shaft. I am now a believer! I am killing my tee ball and can not believe how solid this shaft feels. I am glad I did not sell it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As much as I like this shaft since I switched to the X flex I don't think I will ever be able to buy another one. I had a DI6 crack inside the hosel, took it to the location here in HAWAII that I purchased it from and had it installed at. No luck of having it replaced by warranty. They wouldn't even give me a reason why. This is after I guess the store and G.D talked about it. Store sent a photo or two and thats it.

The thing that really sucks is that I can't even have it installed into a 3 wood due to the tipping.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1340675604' post='5167448']
As much as I like this shaft since I switched to the X flex I don't think I will ever be able to buy another one. I had a DI6 crack inside the hosel, took it to the location here in HAWAII that I purchased it from and had it installed at. No luck of having it replaced by warranty. They wouldn't even give me a reason why. This is after I guess the store and G.D talked about it. Store sent a photo or two and thats it.

The thing that really sucks is that I can't even have it installed into a 3 wood due to the tipping.
[/quote]
How did it crack? Bad drive off the hosel? It doesn't look like a manufacturer defect. Dd you buy it used or new? I've never seen such a bad crack like that and I own 4 Graphite Design shafts. None of them have issues. They all work and perform as advertised.

[quote name='tod071' timestamp='1340704770' post='5168882']
[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1340675604' post='5167448']

[/quote]
How did it crack? Bad drive off the hosel? It doesn't look like a manufacturer defect. Dd you buy it used or new? I've never seen such a bad crack like that and I own 4 Graphite Design shafts. None of them have issues. They all work and perform as advertised.
[/quote]

Actually looking at how it cracked, it is not the normal splintering which is the usual clue in a bad shaft or shaft install.

I think being to weak of a shaft and I did hit a bad shot. low on the heal, not high on the hosel.

The shaft was new. I have had no issue with the DI6x and it has lived up to all the hype. I have other stiff shafts and this has never happened. I have only had one other shaft break and it was replace within two weeks. It was the same place as this one, I guess UST wants to keep there users happy.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer