2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno MP-67

Continuing the award winning success of Cut MuscleTM technology, the Mizuno product development team has developed a new muscle back iron featuring an innovative "Slender" Cut Muscle design. This new Slender Cut MuscleTM allows the player complete ball control by pin-pointing the COG inside the muscle back design. Utilizing our Grain Flow Forging® and Cut MuscleTM technology, the design team was able to provide a neutral COG relative to the shaft axis and a consistent sweet spot location for exact trajectory and distance control. The cambered sole of the MP-67TM allows the player precise shot making capability from all types of lies. The MP-67TM long irons achieve a mid-high trajectory, while the scoring irons deliver a mid trajectory.

The MP-67TM offers unmatched ball control by utilizing a new "Slender" Cut MuscleTM Design to precisely position the COG from iron to iron.

Innovative Muscle Back with "Slender" Cut Muscle? design provides ideal COG locations, perfect trajectory, enhanced solid feel, and the ultimage in ball control.

* NEW Grain Flow Forged®, 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel.

* Durable Double nickel chrome plated finish.

* Modified U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.

* Rolled leading edge, cambered mid-sole, and rolled trailing edge deliver consistent striking ability from all types of lies.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The design looks nice. Just wondering how 'big' they are heel to toe. I'm using a Tourstage model now, and love the size h/t of the tourstage?

Any one have some thoughts on that ?

thanks

Jason

Taylormade [i] M5 [/i] 9.0 + 1' Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7-S
Taylormade [i] M5 [/i] 14.0 Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7-S
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid - ATMOS Red 6X
Mizuno MP-H4 4i - ATMOS BLACK 9H -X
Mizuno MP-H5 5-PW [i]KBS C-TAPER [/i]Light 110 x
Mizuno T7 - 50,54,59 [i]Modus3[/i] Tour 105's wedge
Evnroll [color=#ff0000][b]ER-7[/b][/color] 34'

well i tryed these when a mizuno rep brought them to my local club.Today in a shop in Cuerdly i was starting to realise about how small the heads are as the irons progress towards the 3 iron.Does anyone own a set nd if so would you recomend me changing from my mp32s to the mp67s?

67's are less forgiving!

Cut muscle is smaller than 32's.

More cosmetic than functional. This is a blade!

More rewarding if you can handle them.

I can't.

• 1 month later...

:cheesy: These clubs are just so good, i tried the clubs out today at an indoor custom fitting session at the stockholm golf show. Tour van and all. These and the MP-32s are gods gifts to golfers. I honestly think i get a better hitting pattern with these than with any other club. My current Cally X18 can not compare in feel, and honestly, it hurts my soul every time i hit a bad shot and find the green with those. Some day the MP-67s will be in my bag. It is rather strange that I, a 13hcp Swede would be able to play clubs like these, but I didn't hit a bad shot with these during the session. I can't believe the wonderful feeling i get every time I swing one of these.

I will probably get a custom fit set of these soon, as soon as I can find a new job.

Oh yeah, my current X100 shafts will probably be of better use in the garden later this year, s300 is a better option for me but I will try out a few other options before doing anything.

If I buy these clubs, I will use them until the clubs break of the hosel from wear. Never new clubs again.

:) :) :fool: :cheesy:

Titleist 913 D2 8.5 at C1, Phenom 70X
Callaway X Tour 13, Proforce V2 89X
Mizuno Fli-Hi CLK 21, EPIC Stiff
Titleist 690cb, 3-pw, DG S300
52 Pre SM Vokey, 56 and 60 original SMs
White Hot XG #7

I have to say these are the best all round irons, including numerous tour issue heads, I have ever hit (on a range).

Picked up a set today with NSPRO GH950 Stiff. Could do with something more robust if you're going to hit at the ball but with a smooth swing these things get out there long and consistently to yardage and direction. A joy to work and actually very easy.

Playing them on the course tomorrow so will report back but the initial signs are very promising.

And, BTW, I don't think these heads are significantly less forgiving than MP 32s, if at all. Would be very surprised if the tour staff don't start playing these irons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dlc3,

Will you be keeping the shaft length at standard while you have the lie adjusted to 1 deg flat? Also, just wanted to clarify, you're going to have the loft adjusted on each club to be 2 degrees stronger? I was just wondering because my current clubs are 1/4" short and lie is 1* flat. If I were to keep the length standard, I'm wondering if I should go 2 deg. flat. BTW, I'm 5'6".

May I ask what your static specs are?

Thanks,

noel228

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased these irons this weekend at a demo day and let me tell you these irons are SWEET!! Originally I thought the MP-60's would be a better choice because I am only an 8 handicap but I was wrong. Both clubs feel good but the 67's setup is a bit more appealing and sexy, it just instills confidence at address. I was swinging the 6 iron at a consistent 97 MPH and also turned a bit more to get a ss of 103 MPH. On average my carry with the 67's was 191 yards (the 60's were 198 but they are also a degree stronger in loft) with a ball speed of about 125 MPH which was very good. Also, I hd 3 balls in a row that had the same speed and flight characteristics with the 67's and that was what put them over the 60's, I was much more consistent with the 67's. I naturally draw the ball and the lie angle tape said Id need a lie angle of 2* upright but the rep said that 1* would be better because 2* might make the ball draw more than Im used to and what is desired by my game. I also got the Dynamic Gold S300 shaft at standard length. They should arrive next week and will be playing that weekend, Ive never been more excited to play golf!

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

Just got back from my second round with my new MP-67's, I have noted the following vs. my s58 irons. I understand that the MP-67 is a blade and the s58 is a player/cavity, but since these two sets are fighting for a permanent spot in my bag I will draw comparisions:

Look: These two irons look great. By themselves they really stand out in a crowd. But if you put the MP-67 next to the s58 from the back, its great nickel plate finish with a brushed/polish finish really catches the eye. However, the s58 catches the eye with its advance player/cavity appeal. Really depends on personal preference. I would call this a tie. Standing over the ball I have to give the advantage to the MP-67 simply for the reduced offset, especially in the longer irons. Both sets frame the ball very well with a low blade profile and a fabulous ferrule-to-hosel transition with a wonderful blade shape. The MP-67 still has that rounded toe in the PW and 9-iron that bothers so many, but I actually like it.

Feel: We all know the feel of a Mizuno blade is basically unmatched in the consumer industry. I don't want to discount the s58 in this category since it is the best feeling cast club I have ever hit. When making a direct comparison the MP-67 beats the s58. Its not a blow out by any means. Since feel is totally in the hands of the player. However since one is cast and the other forged, I will also call this a tie. They both feel great. (I simply can't knock the s58 since it is the best feeling cast club on the market, while the MP-67 feels typical of what Mizuno has offered in the past(which is a good thing))

Distance: This was surprising to me. Even with the s58 being at least a degree stonger I had no noticeable difference in distance. I am sure this comes from a higher center of gravity, causing a slightly more penetrating trajectory. But the thing that gives the Mizuno the win is this category is the uncanny ability to control your distances. Even after just two rounds I can control the distance well enough with the PW to totally eliminate the GW from my bag. Which opens up room in my bag for another club. I really like that.

Playability: MP-67 wins this category. The reduced offset in the longer irons make them much easier to manipulate. When you are a very good iron player like myself I want complete control every shot, regardless of which iron I am holding. The MP-67 gives me the control I want throughout the set.

Forgiveness: This shouldn't be very important when someone is shopping for these two irons, but it really is. No one hits the ball perfect everyday. The s58 wins this category. For a player/cavity they are very forgiving in the long irons. You can't get away with murder. Maybe just a little assault and battery. No major different in distance with toe shots or shots hit slightly low on the face. However with the MP-67 a toe shot loses at least a club and a half distance. With thin shots performing a bit better, but not great.

Overall: I pride myself in my iron game. And I love the durablility of the Ping product. However the Mizuno irons will allow me to shoot lower scores. After only two rounds I have managed to get my distance control down to within 2-3 yards with the short irons and around 5 yards with the longer irons. With distance control being one of my strengths and the fact I don't need the added offset or forgiveness, I think I have found the irons to take the place of my s58's. I threw darts a pins the past two days with the precision I haven't experienced since I last played MP-33's. I love the s58's. Both sets are great irons, but the MP-67's remind me of my really great days as a junior with my MP-14's and later the MP-33's.

Just got back from my second round with my new MP-67's, I have noted the following vs. my s58 irons. I understand that the MP-67 is a blade and the s58 is a player/cavity, but since these two sets are fighting for a permanent spot in my bag I will draw comparisions:

Look: These two irons look great. By themselves they really stand out in a crowd. But if you put the MP-67 next to the s58 from the back, its great nickel plate finish with a brushed/polish finish really catches the eye. However, the s58 catches the eye with its advance player/cavity appeal. Really depends on personal preference. I would call this a tie. Standing over the ball I have to give the advantage to the MP-67 simply for the reduced offset, especially in the longer irons. Both sets frame the ball very well with a low blade profile and a fabulous ferrule-to-hosel transition with a wonderful blade shape. The MP-67 still has that rounded toe in the PW and 9-iron that bothers so many, but I actually like it.

Feel: We all know the feel of a Mizuno blade is basically unmatched in the consumer industry. I don't want to discount the s58 in this category since it is the best feeling cast club I have ever hit. When making a direct comparison the MP-67 beats the s58. Its not a blow out by any means. Since feel is totally in the hands of the player. However since one is cast and the other forged, I will also call this a tie. They both feel great. (I simply can't knock the s58 since it is the best feeling cast club on the market, while the MP-67 feels typical of what Mizuno has offered in the past(which is a good thing))

Distance: This was surprising to me. Even with the s58 being at least a degree stonger I had no noticeable difference in distance. I am sure this comes from a higher center of gravity, causing a slightly more penetrating trajectory. But the thing that gives the Mizuno the win is this category is the uncanny ability to control your distances. Even after just two rounds I can control the distance well enough with the PW to totally eliminate the GW from my bag. Which opens up room in my bag for another club. I really like that.

Playability: MP-67 wins this category. The reduced offset in the longer irons make them much easier to manipulate. When you are a very good iron player like myself I want complete control every shot, regardless of which iron I am holding. The MP-67 gives me the control I want throughout the set.

Forgiveness: This shouldn't be very important when someone is shopping for these two irons, but it really is. No one hits the ball perfect everyday. The s58 wins this category. For a player/cavity they are very forgiving in the long irons. You can't get away with murder. Maybe just a little assault and battery. No major different in distance with toe shots or shots hit slightly low on the face. However with the MP-67 a toe shot loses at least a club and a half distance. With thin shots performing a bit better, but not great.

Overall: I pride myself in my iron game. And I love the durablility of the Ping product. However the Mizuno irons will allow me to shoot lower scores. After only two rounds I have managed to get my distance control down to within 2-3 yards with the short irons and around 5 yards with the longer irons. With distance control being one of my strengths and the fact I don't need the added offset or forgiveness, I think I have found the irons to take the place of my s58's. I threw darts a pins the past two days with the precision I haven't experienced since I last played MP-33's. I love the s58's. Both sets are great irons, but the MP-67's remind me of my really great days as a junior with my MP-14's and later the MP-33's.

>Chris<

Great review Chris.

You need to change your nickname now ;)

What about your Ping wedges, will you consider the Mizuno Mp-R wedges ?

Great review Chris.

You need to change your nickname now ;)

What about your Ping wedges, will you consider the Mizuno Mp-R wedges ?

I am already in the process of figuring out the loft/bounce combinations to go with in the MP-R wedge. I have considered dropping the 52 and go with a 54/58 combo. However I have used the 52/56/60 for my whole life and I am quite deadly with that combo. But I would like to drop the extra wedge so I can carry my 3 iron. Maybe even go with just a 56/60 since I seem to be able to control my MP-67 PW good enough for those little 120-115 yard shots that I used my gap wedge for.

Also I want to try to keep the s58's together with the wedges, unless I decide to sell them.

Thanks.

any way I could get something like that?

Tour Spec Golf can do a custom order for you.

(As in the picture watermark)

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had some for about a month and love them, great workability and control. Here are some specs if anyone wanted to know.

Club LH Loft ° Lie ° Offset " Length " Bounce °

2 n/a 19 59.0 0.110" 39.25 2

3 n/a 22 59.5 0.110" 38.75 3

4 n/a 25 60.0 0.110" 38.25 3

5 n/a 28 60.5 0.110" 37.75 4

6 n/a 32 61.0 0.110" 37.25 4

7 n/a 36 61.5 0.110" 36.75 4

8 n/a 40 62.0 0.110" 36.25 5

9 n/a 44 62.5 0.100" 35.75 6

PW n/a 48 63.0 0.100" 35.50 7

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the 9 and PW because I thought they would be shorter than my MP-60s but this is not the case with me, they were longer. I have since ordered the 6, 7 and 8. You need to remember while the loft is slightly weaker the COG is higher so the distance really shouldn't change much. I think mine maybe be longer because I am a high ball hitter and the more penetrating trajectory maybe giving me a touch more distance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just received the new MP 67 (DG 300s) this week and yesterday I went to the golf range to try them out for the first time. They came new in the box at a great price from Ebay (specially if you translate it to Euros). My first impresion was a bit negative...I put them to test with my Titleist 690 CB (which they are suposed to substitute in my bag) and believe it or not I found the Titleist softer (although shorter). The MP 67 felt not as "buttery" as my MP 37. I was having problems hitting them solid.

Today I toook the MP 67 out for 9 holes. I reckon that today my swing was not up to par, as I couldn't pure almost any of the shots. In principle, the specs are standard lengnth and lie.....but I found them more upright that I am used to play. My question is: could it be that playing with too upright clubs keep me from hitting perfect shots?. With my MP 37s , even I didn't make a perfect swing, I can feel that solid buttery feeling but with the MP 67s, despite of very good distance, feel was not what I expected. Please tell me that bending them a bit flatter will do....

I could be that the Mp-67's are close to 2 degrees upright from the 37's. Mizuno use to make their 5 iron standard 58-59 degrees, now its 60.5. Just take your 37's in and have them match the specs. simple fix

Titleist 915D4 9.5 w/Speeder TS 7.2x
Tour Edge CB Pro 13.5 w/757x
Titleist 913F.d 18 w/D+ 82 x
Titleist 913H.d 23.5 w/Diamana 92x
Mizuno MP-60 w/x100
Titleist SM4 50.12-54.14-58.12
2 Ball Tour filled and lined 35"
Titleist 2017 Prov1 #18
Titleist Lightweight Staff Bag

Okay, I work at a golf store in North Carolina and It really was a black Friday, No one was buying anything and I had plenty of time to demo clubs. I came across a set of Mp-67's and grabbed the 6 iron and got on the launch monitor and put some tape on it and hit it with probably the best swing that I could put on a golf ball and it actually felt like the ball went through the club head and there was a little mouse shape hole in the club that the ball was fitting through. I have never hit a softer Iron than these. I think these are so much softer than my old Hogans I loved for so many years. I work Tommorrow and when I go in the first thing im doing is putting in a order for a set of Mp-67 2 degrees strong in all irons. standard lenghth and lie. Simply the best Iron that has ever....or should I say will ever embrace being in my bag. There awesome, go out and buy them!

Here check out this article about them. [url="http://www.mizunousa.com/news.nsf/get/FB325050D53F40CA8525733D00523F16?OpenDocument"]http://www.mizunousa.com/news.nsf/get/FB32...16?OpenDocument[/url]

[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 9* Matrix Radix S7~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 3 wood 15* ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Mizuno Mx-300 5-GW ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 56* Black Oxide ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Ping Craz-E Center shafted ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Penta ~[/b][/color][/center]

Clevelandjunkie

Couldn't agree more. I have had my set of 67's for a couple of months. I really didn't have too many issues with my old set except for having trouble with the fade. They are forged cavity backs. I learned to play without the cut. While warming up for a round that had a fog delay I started messing around with my partner's 33's. I was surprised at their ease of workability. I decide at that moment to get irons with less offset. When all was said and done (research, demo, etc..) I chose the 67's. We always hear about the feel of forged irons (which is wonderful) but my goodness the sound (I know, related to the feel) of these clubs is spectacular. High-Definition feel. I also believe that I have lost about a half club of distance which doesn't bother me one bit, I have plenty of distance. High-cuts, low-cuts, draws, 3/4 shots, extra mustard, I am really enjoying myself. When I warm up next to some of the Pro's (players & teachers)I get mixed reviews ranging from very good to your only hurting yourself by using those clubs. At this point I don't notice too many problems with mishits that are different from other set. I guess these would not be good for a high capper. I would recommend these clubs to solid ball-strikers who want to shape their shots without over exaggerating their setup for specialty shots. I would like to hear more observations cocerning distance, feel, shot-shaping and even frustration. 400 yard drive, what was the final straw for you? Cleveland junky you going to switch to the mp t c grind wedges as well?

Sam

TM M2
TM SLDR 3-W
TM SLDR Hybrid
Mizuno MP-4 3-W C-Taper X
SM6 50
MACK D 58
Daddy Long Legs
Chrome Soft/Titleist AVX

SSMP67 I was actually looking at getting the MP-R wedges I have access to both of them and will have a look at them tommorrow and decide which ones i like the best.

[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 9* Matrix Radix S7~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 3 wood 15* ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Mizuno Mx-300 5-GW ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 56* Black Oxide ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Ping Craz-E Center shafted ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Penta ~[/b][/color][/center]

• 2 weeks later...