UST ProForce V2 65 vs. Aldila NVS & ProLaunch

yoo868

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i looked at these 3 shafts to replace the aldila nv-75 in my sasquatch (trajectory was low and spin was way too low). the prolauch was the most recomended shaft to me. consensus was the nvs could be too much spin and the v2 would be too close to the aldila nv. i went to a local golf galaxy and the pro set me up with the callaway optifit system. because i knew how the sasquatch worked with an aldila nv, i tried it first so that i had a comparison between the nv in the sasquatch and the nv is the ft-3. i then tried the nvs, prolaunch and v2.

nvs - high trajectory (too high), high spin (too high) and felt lose

prolaunch - high trajectory (too high), mid spin (varied between a tad low to good), felt a little stiff, but not too stiff

v2 0 mid trajectory (perfect), mid spin (right on), felt real good - you could feel it load and kick but it didn't feel lose

i went with it and haven't looked back. with the exception of my round sunday, i've been driving the ball really really well and my driving distance and accuracy is much better. my only complaint is that when i do miss its a fade (not slice though) were as with my aldila nv (in other drivers) my misses would be low pulls. however, this is my fault so i am not going to blame it on the shaft.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Wouldn't the V2 launch higher than the NVS?

V2 mid-low flex point

NVS mid flex point

I know the V2 has a lower torque but I thought the flex point determines the launch and not the torque.

Thanks

no, per golfworks and manufactures website:

v2 - 65 gram - mid-high bend point - medium tip

nvs - 65 gram - mid bend point - medium tip

but like i said, the nvs plays a lot looser.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Part of the reason for the differing flex points is the V2's 4" parallel tip section. It's pretty sensitive to tipping and can be tipped to the desired tip stiffness without ruining the tip section.

The long tip section is one of the reasons why it's such a nice fit in the Titleist bore throughs.

Hope that helps.

www.ustgolfshafts.com has the launch angle at medium-high, which would mean the shaft has a mid-low bend point.

-Jared

my bad, i was looking at the v2-75 on the ust website and not the v2-65 - when i was looking at going with the v2 i was interested in the 75 gram version as i've had a lot of luck with heavier shafts, but after demoing the 65 gram version i though it would be a better fit.. golfworks has both the 65 and 75 listed as medium. i've tried the v2 in a ft-3, sasquatch and 905r, all stiff flex, 9.5*, all the 65 gram version, and i would call the trajectory medium. higher than an aldila nv, fuji speeder, graf. blue, but lower than an aldila nvs, and graf. prolaunch.

as taylormadefan pointed out, you can tip it a lot because of the 4" parallel tip section which a number of club makers pointed out to me as i looked at it.

I tried both the PL 65 stiff and NVS 65 stiff in a 10.5 Launcher Comp. The NVS felt better but I also experienced that loose sensation that Golfernut78 described and for me it played on a higher trajectory with less accuracy and distance than the PL 65. The PL 65 felt a little boardy but I had much better results than with the NVS, in the 10.5 head my trajectory was still higher than I'd like with the PL 65 but I think it would work very well for me in my 9.5 Comp (SS 105). I also want to give the V2 a shot but if I do I plan on trying the 55 first as opposed to the 65 in my 9.5 Comp, torque for the 55 is similar to the NVS 65 (should feel less boardy than the PL 65) but by most accounts the V2 is a much tighter shaft.

Rapture V1 10.5 BB
Rapture V1 14
G15 2,4,5,6 HY Recoil 95
G15 7-LW CFS
Karsten TR B60

The Prolaunch 65 will have less feel than the NVS 65. The 65 will have significantly more torque with less control if you lean on it. I do not like the boardy feel of the Prolaunch and no longer play it for that reason, Additionally, I have experienced some ballooning with that shaft. However, at 65 grams, it is a better shaft than the NVS.

The Prolaunch 65 and 75 play almost identically. Very little difference other than weight. The Aldila NV and NVS are totally different shafts when you move from 65 to 75. Noticably less torque. The NVS 75 is the best shaft that I have hit in fairway woods or a driver. In my SQ Max, it gave me a medium high flight, a flatter trajectory than a Prolaunch, with great accuracy, feel and major kick.

I haven't played the V2, but I have had the NVS and PL in the same driver.

My .02...the PL was much better...I liked the height and the distance better than the NVS.

I was never able to get the NVS as high or as long...plus the NVS felt too loose. I could really go after the PL and it felt great.

Both shafts are regular flex, and I think the PL was 55g and the NVS is 65g.

Regards,

TW

• 9 months later...

I haven't had the chance to try all 3 shafts in the same head.

However, I have tried all 3 shafts in different heads.

I get the best distance out of the NVS shaft by far.

The best dispersion from the prolaunch but too much ballooning.

I have own drivers with the NVS and prolaunch.

I have only demoed the V2 shaft, it seemed to have similar launch to the NVS with less distance for me.

The dispersion was similar to the NVS for me.

My gamer has a speeder 757 which gives me the best combination of distance and dispersion for me.

My backup has the V2 75g which is not as long but gives me slightly better dispersion and lower launch.