What's the right ball for me?

MatrigaMatriga Members Posts: 51
I'm not very good at feeling the difference between balls but i'm pretty sure there are some remarkable ones! Since i'm focusing more on my game I would like to find THE ball that fits me.

Here's some (maybe) useful information:

-I'm a 15 y.o. girl. I hit it pretty hard compared to the random female golfer

-handicap: 10

-golf clubs: wilson Di 9

-driver: 220 yards

-irons: I need some backspin

-I play a lot with my SW 56° so something thats gets along with flop shots (spin again...)

At the moment this woman told me to play with the Titleist NXT.. Maybe it's the right ball, what's your opinion?

Comments

• Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats your price point you feel comfortable with?
    8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* Bridgestone J36
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S Titleist SM6
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • MatrigaMatriga Members Posts: 51
    regular price, not low but not high like for a penta ball
  • PhilsFanDrewPhilsFanDrew Members Posts: 540
    The NXT is more of a distance ball the minimal short game spin. For around the same price I would check out the Bridgestone E5. It is a two piece ball like the NXT but it has a urethane cover to offer better short game spin.

• Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If u are looking for spin try any premium urethane.... in particular u can find thr old call away tour is for 29.99 everywhere right now. It all comes down to preference and right feel for u. I have always been a fan of the taylormade balls...absolutely loved the tp red and still have a couple boxes left of it. I also really like the tp3 that they came out with this year.

Just buy a sleeve of each u want to try and go from there...it really is the easiest and most cost effective way of finding out what ball performs best for u.

Good Luck.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* Bridgestone J36
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S Titleist SM6
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • grochol17grochol17 Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭
    I don't know for sure which ball will provide you the most spin, but if you want to go for a premium ball, like Go_Blue said, you can usually pick up last year's models pretty cheap. Don't worry about the balls being "old"... if I remember correctly, it takes a few years after the ball has been manufactured for the performance to drop off. Also consider practice balls. I'll often see titleist pro V1 practice balls on sale for about 1/2 the normal price. These golf balls usually have a cosmetic error (something not printed correctly), but are otherwise exactly the same as the real thing. Its a good way to get premium balls. And, with your handicap and driver distance, you should be able to benefit from a premium ball.

I've recently seen the following premium golf balls on sale:

callaway tour i(s) - 18 ball pack at play it again sports near me for $30

Penta TP - $30 per dozen at golf galaxy

Penta TP practice - $20 per dozen at golf galaxy

last year's B 330 series - $32 per dozen at golf galaxy

Lastly, a lot of the manufacturers have online "fitting" tools to help you find the right ball for you. I don't know if answering a few questions is the best way to go, but it'll give you a starting point. Bridgestone ([url="http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting"]http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting[/url]) has an online tool that doesn't require you to sign up for anything, plus they also have ball fittings with a launch monitor at random places around the country. Either one of those can give you a good starting point for what kind of ball to try out.

Good luck finding a ball you like!

Ping G400 LST, 8.5*, HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0
    Titleist 915 F, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno MP H5, 1&3 iron, C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno MP 25, 4&5 iron, DG X100 SSx1
    Mizuno MP 5, 6-PW, DG X100 SSx1
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC, 53* & 58* (DG S300)
    Piretti Potenza II Rev 2.0, 375g, 34"
    Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV 5
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members Posts: 3,859 ✭✭
    online fitting disclaimer: the Titleist fitting will always give you the Pro V either as the recommended ball or the 'alternative choice', no matter what you click throughout the fitting process
  • calaway33calaway33 Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    kitsoasis wrote:

online fitting disclaimer: the Titleist fitting will always give you the Pro V either as the recommended ball or the 'alternative choice', no matter what you click throughout the fitting process

Callaway HX Chrome

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file