2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist 913 Range?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Doublebuck' timestamp='1334465811' post='4724104']
[quote name='OdessaGolfer' timestamp='1334440132' post='4722098']
I heard that Titleist was starting from scratch and breaking barriers with the design of the driver head. They turned the head upside down and made the face deeper and stronger, incorporating a new metal named Zolex to give people more distance and accuracy. Forget the whiteboards and fubukis, they created a new shaft that is shaped like a sword to help cut through the air and give you awesome distance. Flex doesn't matter anymore, as it flexes to your swing speed. I'm calling that Titleist players go 4 for 4 in next years majors.
[/quote]

Why does this still bring a chuckle and a smile to my face? Well done.
[/quote]

Hammer jokes never get old. :drinks:

[quote name='greens hit' timestamp='1334468791' post='4724284']
[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1334427564' post='4721274']
it will show up on tour in the summer, maybe as early as the us open, and will be available november or so same as always.
[/quote]

I always have to read your posts several times to see that there is no joke there. I miss the funnies :)
[/quote]

You can rest easy knowing that very few of my posts have any educational content whatsoever, you just happened to run into one of the few that actually answers a question, here, I thought this one was funny, post 129

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/635566-is-there-a-player-be-can-all-agree-on/page__st__120

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1334457577' post='4723408']
[quote name='is1ander' timestamp='1334449261' post='4722684']
There's always room for improvement. Titleist should include draw and fade weighting, independent shaft rotation, lighter weight head and more forgiveness/bigger hot spot. And of course, more stock shaft options. Can't wait for this. The Razr Fit is a beast but I can be clumsy and I'm worried about the composite. I also like the sound of titanium just a bit more.
[/quote]
Titleist is the last company I can imagine putting in fade/draw weighting but I suppose it's the next logical step. Independent shaft rotation seems like it may result in a SureFit hosel that's easier to break. Lighter head, I can't imagine them really doing. Forgiveness is always something to pursue, and I can't imagine them including more stock shaft options than 3-4.

The 910 series is definitely the biggest jump since the 905R, which was itself the biggest jump since the 975D. I see the 913 an an evolutionary, not revolutionary improvement.
[/quote]

Titleist has done the adjustable club better than any other competitor. The only room for improvement IMO would be to broaden the range it can change.

What I want to see from the 913 range:

3 models. All with weights to move.

A 913D1, a 460 deepface, low spin, low launch, with stock shafts that don't defeat the purpose.

913D2, 460 shallow, forgiving, lots of stock shafts

and the 913D3, I want a hair more forgiveness, while still 445, and keep the same shape, with lots of weight move-ability.

[quote name='sustain' timestamp='1332523667' post='4563758']
[quote name='cmgolfer' timestamp='1332522329' post='4563618']
905, 907, 909.. shoulda been 911 but i'm sure they didn't want to bring up 9/11, [b]i'm sure they will call this new one the 913.[/b]
[/quote]

And I'm sure they won't. :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

According to this guy (quote taken from another thread), Brendan Steele and CMGolfer must be wrong about the 913 name for the new Titleist wood offering.

[quote name='NewGeneration' timestamp='1334459214' post='4723616']
I just hope they don't change the hosel, because that would reduce sales IMO.

I wouldn't have an issue grabbing a head on here to put on my shaft, but the cost of a whole new driver.. No.
[/quote]

So your argument is that sales will be lower because some people would be interested in buying a used one if they kept it the same way as is? You know used purchase revenue doesn't go to Titleist right? The scenarios you described make no difference at all for sales. Titleist doesn't sell the head alone so it wouldn't make much of a sales difference at all except for more people buying the new shafts and potentially less people buying the new heads.

[quote name='Sand-Save' timestamp='1334463700' post='4723970']
The "swing coach" makes me laugh. Cmon guys you're not on tour. You get lessons from an instructor. Did you not read that golf digest about pro wannabes?
[/quote]

+1 lol

Regardless of what his swing coach says, I'm positive the new driver will be good. Titleist would not release a new driver without ensuring some kind of great tech.

[quote name='svs' timestamp='1334517839' post='4726572']
The "swing coach" makes me laugh. Cmon guys you're not on tour. You get lessons from an instructor. Did you not read that golf digest about pro wannabes?
[/quote]

+1 lol

Regardless of what his swing coach says, I'm positive the new driver will be good. Titleist would not release a new driver without ensuring some kind of great tech.
[/quote]

Just to play devils advocate (and yes, ill be preordering a 913 anyway, so im still getting one), Titleist did follow up the 905r with the 907, so they have released a new driver without some great tech before.

I just think that with all the competition and and new tech out there there's no way Titleist would not deliver a better driver.

It's a night and day difference with drivers now then back when the 905,907 drivers were out. (meaning more of a reason to put something great out) JMO.
Probably not leaps and bounds better, but better none the less.
And yes, I'll be pre ordering one too.

[quote name='ryancjordan' timestamp='1334512148' post='4726102']

I wouldn't have an issue grabbing a head on here to put on my shaft, but the cost of a whole new driver.. No.
[/quote]

So your argument is that sales will be lower because some people would be interested in buying a used one if they kept it the same way as is? You know used purchase revenue doesn't go to Titleist right? The scenarios you described make no difference at all for sales. Titleist doesn't sell the head alone so it wouldn't make much of a sales difference at all except for more people buying the new shafts and potentially less people buying the new heads.
[/quote]

Beg to differ.

I know I am more likely to purchase the new driver if the shafts are interchangeable.

I would then be able to try a new shaft in the new driver, with the ability to use my current PX with the new head if I so desire.

Greater flexibility.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

[quote name='texcrom' timestamp='1334523374' post='4727054']
[quote name='ryancjordan' timestamp='1334512148' post='4726102']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beg to differ.

I know I am more likely to purchase the new driver if the shafts are interchangeable.

I would then be able to try a new shaft in the new driver, with the ability to use my current PX with the new head if I so desire.

Greater flexibility.
[/quote]

Agree Tex. I've found a shaft I love in my driver & fw's. Not interested in buying them again, and not sure if they will even continue to be available. IMHO, making the shafts interchangeable will be huge.

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

This is an obvious one.... c'mon man.....

A Speed Slot like no other. If you don't have a speed slot coming out you got nothing!

Look for it and you heard it here first. :D

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334537441' post='4728286']
[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1334530629' post='4727646']
The 910D3 is my all time favorite driver, it's going to be hard to top it in my opinion...BB
[/quote]
Dude so you have an I20, 910 and Razr Fit?
[/quote]

BB is actually a product tester for every single OEM...that`s why he has one of everything. Like every model putter ever made...LOL

:busted2:

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334537441' post='4728286']
[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1334530629' post='4727646']
The 910D3 is my all time favorite driver, it's going to be hard to top it in my opinion...BB
[/quote]
Dude so you have an I20, 910 and Razr Fit?
[/quote]Isn't that how we do it on WRX?? I really like them all but I still think the D3 is most consistent but not the absolute longest. The Ping is showing a ton of promise and the RF is hitting the BST tomorrow in preparation for the RF TA. It's an addiction I won't lie...BB :birthday:

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='NewGeneration' timestamp='1334545472' post='4729194']
No I'm not trying to be a tour player wannabe.. Actually was just trying to inform because my swing coach is a titleist staffer, and has played PGA tour golf and various other tours, and I'd be willing to bet he could beat anyone on this forum from any length course no issue.
[/quote]
Current PGA Tour pros are active on this site.

It does sound funny for an amateur to call their instructor their "swing coach" as in you also have a "short game coach", "strategy coach" and physical trainer.

[/quote]
Any link to this article?

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334545722' post='4729212']
No I'm not trying to be a tour player wannabe.. Actually was just trying to inform because my swing coach is a titleist staffer, and has played PGA tour golf and various other tours, and I'd be willing to bet he could beat anyone on this forum from any length course no issue.
[/quote]

It does sound funny for an amateur to call their instructor their "swing coach" as in you also have a "short game coach", "strategy coach" and physical trainer.
[/quote]

My swing coach and I have not covered anything other than the full swing. So I believe that makes him my swing coach, I don't have a shortgame coach, and strategy is over my head anyway. But he said that the 910 is just perfect.

[/quote]

[/quote]

AA gave me a life coach. He tells me that im doing great and to stay off the sauce.

[quote name='NewGeneration' timestamp='1334546745' post='4729314']
[/quote]

[/quote]

My swing coach and I have not covered anything other than the full swing. So I believe that makes him my swing coach, I don't have a shortgame coach, and strategy is over my head anyway. But he said that the 910 is just perfect.
[/quote]
You could also classify him as your equipment coach?!?!

[quote name='Yellow Jacket' timestamp='1334546327' post='4729274']
[/quote]
Any link to this article?
[/quote]

If you haven't been reading golf digest for 10 or more years you may have not seen it, but it's a checklist of criteria you can go through to see if you're a tour pro wannabe

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1334547269' post='4729368']
Guess I better get a move on and post my 910d2 in the BST. I like it a lot but don't love it. Guessing the value will drop quite a bit once the new ones hit. Any sense of what these are going for? It's got VTS Black in it (not the special tour model).
[/quote]
$275 to $325 depending on the condition.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1334547642' post='4729404']
[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1334547269' post='4729368']
Guess I better get a move on and post my 910d2 in the BST. I like it a lot but don't love it. Guessing the value will drop quite a bit once the new ones hit. Any sense of what these are going for? It's got VTS Black in it (not the special tour model).
[/quote]
$275 to $325 depending on the condition.
[/quote]

Thanks, that would be a nice little boost to the paypal. Between that and the X-protos I've decided I'm not playing enough to fully enjoy, I might be liquidating some assets!

[/quote]

My dad can beat up your dad

[quote name='kitsoasis' timestamp='1334551303' post='4729662']
[/quote]

My dad can beat up your dad
[/quote]

Bwahahaha. The kind of thing I was thinking too. Lol