**My sticks** 2021

Bubbagumps bag

*******2021 Update, Page 4******

Here is my bag:

Driver: Callaway FTIZ 9.5* with S Lime Bimatrix:
Had my eye on one of these for a while but really liked my FT9. The top of my FT9 developed a soft spot and eventually cracked so I went ahead and checked into one. Got it cheap at GS and really like the way it sat. Odd looking, but what goes on in my head it works. Its a really forgiving club, which is nice off the tee for me and is actually pretty solid distance wise as well. The stock Voodoo was pretty good, but I wanted to put something a little lower since I hit the ball so high. I went with a Bi matrix and so far I really like this combo. Cant wait to play with it more.

Wood: Callaway FTIZ 13* with S Diamana blueboard:
Got this in a swap, and it helped lead to me getting the driver as well. This thing is a great 3 wood. It is incredibly easy to hit and it goes super deep. Sometimes it just takes the place of my driver. For some reason I like the smaller heads on 3 woods and this one just looks great. The blueboard wasnt really a big deal to me when I had it in my FT9 but since I cut it a bit and put it in here, it is great. This is a awesome club and I wont be letting go of it.

Hybrid: Nickent 7dt with S Aldila RIP:
Alwasy been a fan of Nickent (have a second bag of everything nickent) and this was the next hybrid I got to replace the 5dx. The white is a cool little touch, but this thing is great to hit from anywhere or any situation. Its a hot face and can put you in the fairway with ease off the tee or blast you out of the rough. Great club.

Irons: Callaway Diablo Forged with Satin Project X 5.5.
-Love these irons. I am going to wear them out before I switch. They are long, very forgiving and can hit it from anywhere. Cant say enough about these things

Wedges: Callaway X forged vintage with Project X 6.0 flighted and DG Spinner
-Great wedges. These things are really versatile and the MD grooves give the ball all the spin you could need.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Select
-Swapped for this with a buddy and its been good to me so far. Great looking putter, and really rolls it well. I really like this thing. Been putting great with it!

And this is how I get my sticks to the course:

Edited by bubbagump

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Great set-up!!!The FT9 is such a long-forgiving driver & the DF's are simply amazing too.Thanks for sharing the pics-Looks very nice.

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

[quote name='kibbs' timestamp='1335149995' post='4771302']
And the nickent stands alone...
[/quote]

Dont worry about that man. Im a big Nickent fan, I have a set of 4dx pros, a 4dx 3 wood and driver as well. I play with them every now and then....love that stuff.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='jeeezy' timestamp='1335143696' post='4770548']
Love the Scotty Cameron! How are those Diablo Forged irons? I've never tried them out before!
[/quote]

Great man, I love them. They are a perfect mix for forgiving, and not being a huge iron in the mean time. They can do anything and everything you need. Great irons.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='joshn08' timestamp='1335388346' post='4789416']
[quote name='jeffalbert' timestamp='1335387048' post='4789296']
what is beside it?
[/quote]

that my good sir is a car from the best car company in the world, Aston Martin.

I thought you were going to say the Aston was yours and I was going to say, "and you have those clubs"
[/quote]

Ouchhhh lol. Whats wrong with the clubs? I like my clubs :secret:

Yeah I came back from the range and noticed some guy parking next to me, I park in a far far corner where nobody else parks and it was a bit annoying out of a whole lot he parked next toe me. From a distance I thought it was a guy in a Jaguar XLR, but when I finally got back to my car I noticed it was a DBS. I was ok with it then,figuring he wouldnt want to give me a door ding either. It was kinda cool, so I snapped a pic. I talked with him for a bit about our cars, and cars in general. He was a younger-ish (early 40s) and was a good dude.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

How about a 6 month bump? Just noticed the link today in your sig. Love the bag, esp the irons and wedges, and the car. I drove a 6MT VQ35 Maxima for 9 years and always wanted a Z33 or Z34, but instead of selling it for a Z, I had to get a wagon instead, LOL.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1370827426' post='7202404']
How about a 6 month bump? Just noticed the link today in your sig. Love the bag, esp the irons and wedges, and the car. I drove a 6MT VQ35 Maxima for 9 years and always wanted a Z33 or Z34, but instead of selling it for a Z, I had to get a wagon instead, LOL.
[/quote]

Just got the last club in this weekend and will be updating this week with pics.....Stay tuned!

Hey wagons can be cool too lol!

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Got an update, and a few new clubs! Worked on some swing changes for the better part of a year to fix some fatal flaws, and am really noticing some differences and improvements on the course. Im really loving all the gear in my bag now, and am finally able to see it perform the way its supposed to.....

Heres the bag Im playing with now:

[attachment=1739772:witb hCS.jpg]
[attachment=1739770:WITB #1.jpg]

[u][b]Woods[/b][/u]:
[attachment=1739774:witb woods.jpg]

[b]Callaway Razr Hawk Tour 9.5 with RIP 60s.[/b]
-Have had this for a month after my FT9 broke, and am really hitting it well. The smaller head while awkward at first, has really helped me focus more on hitting the ball solid as opposed to just swinging out of my shoes. The head is super long, and is quite forgiving which is a nice combo. The RIP is a great fit for me, and has really got me confident standing over the ball in the teebox. Really a great match of a shaft and head for me.

[b]Callaway Xhot Pro 13.5 with RIP 60s.[/b]
-Just got this and put it together. Hit it yesterday during my league and really liked what I saw, but will know more after more rounds. Excited though!

[b][u]Hybrids:[/u][/b]
[attachment=1739776:witb hybrids.jpg]

[b]15* Adams Super Hybrid with Aldila Voodoo S.[/b]
-Wanted a longer hybrid for some tee shots and approaches and this is a perfect suitor. Its easy to hit and is pretty powerful and accurate. It feels almost like a 3 wood, but has the versatility of a hyrbid. Really has become an asset from a variety of places.

[b]20* Nickent Genex with UST Proforce S.[/b]
-My first hybrid and its probably over 5 years old. I have changed to some others, but keep coming back to this. She is old faithful, and like geese...I think we have mated for life lol. It is ugly, and boring but I have always been able to hit it well...no matter how bad the rest of the bag is behaving.

[u][b]Irons:[/b][/u]

[attachment=1739800:P1280090.JPG]
[attachment=1739802:diablos.jpg]

[b]5-pw Callaway Diablo Forged, Project X satin 5.5[/b]
-Have had these for a couple seasons now and they continue to make me happy. These are the perfect club for me and provide all the forgiveness I need without being a giant big bertha head. They are smooth, accurate and easy to hit and are really easy to dial in with a half shot to that protected green. I have really become comfortable and am obsessed with these things...I love hitting them. I can see buying another set to have for when these wear out.

[u][b]Wedges:[/b][/u]
[attachment=1739778:witb wedges.jpg]

[b]Callaway JAWS 52*, 58* with project X 6.0 and a Callaway X forged 64*.[/b]
-I took the X forged 54*-58* out of the bag and replaced them with these. For whatever reason I just hit these better and am able to do more things with these. They spin the ball like a top, and they are super versatile for any shot that you would need. Thick rough, tight lie, fairway, sand, mulch...windshield (jk) they can get it out

[u][b]Putter:[/b][/u]

[attachment=1739798:202_1660.JPG]
[attachment=1739804:202_1657.JPG]
[attachment=1739824:202_1830.JPG]
[b]Scotty Cameron Custom shop Studio Select Newport.[/b]
-Still putting with this, and really have improved this year. That isnt so much because of the club itself, but practiced alot with it and on putting. Its a great putter and its a good all around putter. Lag putts, short putts are doable and the feel is really good. Cant complain at all.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Very nice bag! I'm not the only one with some RHT + 3Deep love I see. Great irons there too, really underrated.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1371652276' post='7281278']
Very nice bag! I'm not the only one with some RHT + 3Deep love I see. Great irons there too, really underrated.
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah, the top end of the bag Im pretty excited about...

The 60 gram RIP in the Xhot makes it a really light club...I was a little worried at first that it would be hard to play with, but had no problems with it last night. Still able to feel the head through the swing.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1371653009' post='7281404']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1371652276' post='7281278']
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah, the top end of the bag Im pretty excited about...

The 60 gram RIP in the Xhot makes it a really light club...I was a little worried at first that it would be hard to play with, but had no problems with it last night. Still able to feel the head through the swing.
[/quote]

Btw, I have a tee time for Sunday if you're interested:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/483215-dcmdva-tee-times-playing-partners-club-fitting-etc/page__pid__7280438__st__120#entry7280438"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/483215-dcmdva-tee-times-playing-partners-club-fitting-etc/page__pid__7280438__st__120#entry7280438[/url]

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1371654449' post='7281668']
Nice, the Peter Griffin headcover... :cheesy:
[/quote]

Its ridiculously enormous, but you can never be mad too long after a bad tee shot when you have to walk back and put Peter back on your driver lol.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 11 months later...

Alright! Finally got some time to take some good pics and do a little write up on the new gear! Would love to hear what you guys think!

Post $5000 SLDR Guarantee at Sawgrass!

New Top end of bag:

SLDR 9* driver lofted down to 8.5 with TS 7.2 Speeder:
-Thanks to Golfwrx and Taylormade I was fortunate enough to get the once in a lifetime opportunity to take the SLDR Challenge down at Sawgrass. The experience was unreal, and if there werent pictures I still wouldnt believe it. But onto the club. I have always been a bit hit or miss with driver, mainly miss. This trip showed me the importance of a fitting, and the difference is night and day. I am notoriously a super high ball hitter with everything including driver. This combo, has very visibly brought me down to a piercing dart that also gives me 10-20 yards of roll. Roll is something I have never experienced before lol. It was important to me to still keep it on the higher flight, but also have a ball that doesnt balloon or get caught in the wind. This combo is perfect for me and is one hell of a club. Love it.

Tour Spoon 14* SLDR 3 wood, clicked to 13* with 7.2 Tour Spec Speeder:
-I have always preferred strong lofted three woods, due to my issues off the tee with driver. This one is no different, after coming from a 3deep the face is quite shorter and that took some adjustment time. Once I got the hang of it, it is very similar to the driver with a mid high flight that just cuts through the wind and rolls out. It has quickly become one of my favorite clubs and for a guy that struggles with inconsistency, it always has my confidence and seems to be what I reach for when I need to keep it near the fairway and in play lol. Its very versatile and is great from most any lie.

16.5 TM Rescue clicked to 15* with Aldila RIP:
-This is a newer addition to my bag, and serves as a bridge between 3w and my hybrid. I used to play a super hybrid for some time, and did alright with it but I found myself losing it right more often than not. I decided to give this a shot because it resembled the shape of my old Nickent hybrids. I use this off the tee pretty frequently and so far, have not had and issue losing it right. It also is very versatile and gets through the rough well.

19.5 SLDR Hybrid, clicked to 20.5 with TS 9.8 Speeder:
-This is another addition courtesy of the TM trip. It has been the one club that hasnt been a pretty easy transition for me. I was surprised because I figured I would have relative ease with the hybrid and struggle with the 3w and driver. I initially had a battle figuring how to hit this thing, Im a digger in my irons and my previous hybrids I wouldnt be as steep but it would still be more of a iron swing and it worked well. This one off the bat didnt seem to like that. I started to adjust just a bit and come in more like a fairway wood, and it has been much much better. As its relatives, it is long and straight when hit and rolls out. Its actually very accomplished for me as a driving iron as well and has helped my tee game as well.

2009 TM TP irons with Softstepped 1x Project X 6.5- 5-pw:
-These are a set of irons that I ALWAYS liked. For me it has been these, Ping S57 and 2007 Callaway X forgeds that are my favorite irons out there. I was finally able to find a set on here with the shafts I was looking for. The shape and feel of these irons are sweet, and they give me the amount of forgiveness I need but also arent giant SGI shaped. I was nervous about the shafts and if they would work, but I have been blown away by the results. Irons I have always been an immediately high ball, it just seemed to come off the club and go straight up. While that is what I like, whenever it would be windy I would have a harder time than most. These have changed the flight, and while still high, they start low and then build until they apex way up there. They arent as effected by the wind as my balls normally are, and the distance and precision is there as well. I reshafted my Diablo forgeds and am also still trying to get used to the Ctapers in them, so there is a possibility I may go back to those, but at the time being I am planning to use those in the winter months and the Tour Preferreds the rest of the year.

*52, *58 Callaway JAWS with Project X 6.0 and *64 X forged:
-These wedges have been awesome to me. Shortgame has always been the strongsuit of my game and these allow me to do all I need and more. They spin like a top, they are versatile and for the amount I spend in the rough they help keep my scores and scrambling on track. Initially the 64 sometimes got me in trouble, but once I got the hang of it, it really helps save me around the greens with the courses I play.

Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport:
-Great putter. Over the past couple seasons I have really improved putting and while its obviously not the club itself this is a great putter and alwyas puts a good roll on it so long as the stroke is there. This will be in until Im an old man.

[attachment=2240231:IMG_5033.JPG]
[attachment=2240219:IMG_5020.JPG]
[attachment=2240221:IMG_5021.JPG]
[attachment=2240223:IMG_5022.JPG]
[attachment=2240225:IMG_5026.JPG]
[attachment=2240227:IMG_5027.JPG]
[attachment=2240237:IMG_5037.JPG]
Me at #17!
[attachment=2240241:Willis.png]
My two biggest passions in life....#1 My niners and #2 Golf!

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Dude, I can't believe you bailed on Nickent and souled out to TM!!! LOL!! Really like all your iron choices. Seems like most sticks are going thick hybrid sole to me. Love a traditional blade look with a little forgiveness thrown in. Trip sounds awesome to. Sawgrass is a MECCA

Still dreaming bout those 4dxs man

BTW you should know that there are only 2 places to live on this planet.

Hater Nation
or
RAIDER Nation! #justwinbaby #mackdaddycomingforKap

• 2 weeks later...
  • bubbagump changed the title to **My sticks** 2021