CHAT TIME! CALLAWAY & TRUE TEMPER Monday 2-3PM EDT

HipCheck

[quote name='Trevorg2' timestamp='1336938850' post='4906596']
TT will you be selling shafts with custom colors anytime soon?
[/quote]

We have been exploring customization options and want to make sure we have a robust system that is able to rapidly respond to our customers before we bring anything to market.

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dsparob' timestamp='1337012772' post='4911802']
Hi Chad, I've been playing Dynamic Golds my whole life (from R300 all the way to X200's I'm playing now) and have never played anything better for me. How is it that with all of the "new and better shafts and technology" available, that the Dynamic Gold has remained not only popular, but top of the line in performance as well. Is it constantly being tweaked or has the process just been perfected over the years and the product was right from the start?

Thanks,

Aaron
[/quote]

Aaron, you're not alone. Dynamic Gold remains the #1 shaft on tour by a mile. 120 players used Dynamic Gold a few weeks ago at the Shell Houston Open. Many in full sets of irons and some in wedges only. That's a staggering number. In the end, better players look for one performance factor above all others when it comes to their irons...consistency. While we have certainly introduced some fantastic new technologies such as Tour Concept, DG Superlight, and Monaco, players have always gravitated to the consistent performance they get time after time with Dynamic Gold. By introducing Dynamic Gold Tour Issue we have been able to make that performance even more consistent.

All that being said look for some exciting new technology from True Temper on Tour later this year...very exciting!!

WITB

[quote name='progolferch' timestamp='1337016712' post='4912242']
For Chad,

Is there a special way that you are able to keep the tip so stable such as making another part of the shaft wall thinner or a special weave to improve the tip strength? Thanks

Chris
[/quote]

Stability of the shaft relies on 3 factors, bending stiffness, torsional stiffness and cross sectional stiffness. By using ultra thin layers of material we are able to control all three of these properties in a very thin wall. The use of Textreme, a patented super then flat weave in PX Black, we can control the torsional and cross sectional stiffness with one layer of material. This technology allows us to make a shaft with the stability and spin characteristics of a 70 gram tour shaft in a 58 gram shaft.

WITB

[quote name='nowheresville' timestamp='1337019108' post='4912590']
Another question for True Temper, Is prepreg a material used in your shafts?
[/quote]

Thanks for your question. Prepreg is short for pre-impregnated carbon fiber, this is the type of material used by almost every carbon fiber manufacturer. What makes the materials different/better, is the quality of the prepreg. Our material is made on the same production line and using the same fibers as the material supplied to Boeing for the new 787. This is the highest grade of carbon fiber prepreg available.

WITB

[quote name='ndredhd' timestamp='1337019297' post='4912614']
I just installed TT Tour Concept as well as a couple of Monoco shafts in my irons after playing the followinf two styles... Not having played them yet, can i expect to see a major difference in the performance over my Rifle 6.0 and DG S300's i had in them previously?
thank you in advance for your reply.
[/quote]

The major difference you will see between Monaco/Tour Concept and a DG/Rifle type product is a variation in ball flight across the set. Monaco and TC provide high trajectories in the long irons and more controlled lower flights in the short irons. Dynamic Gold (low trajectory) and Rifle (mid trajectory) provide the same trajectory throughout the set.

WITB

Hey everyone and thanks for all of the questions you have already submitted. Just to let you know we will try to answer as many of your questions as we can. We have another 30 minutes or so, so if we don’t have a chance to answer your post today, rest assured you still have a chance to win one of three Tour Authentic RAZR FIT drivers with Project X Black!

WITB

[quote name='Tiger On Fire' timestamp='1337019855' post='4912728']
Chad/Luke,

What input from Pro's like Phil/Ernie/etc do you look for?

How much pressured was applied by Pro's to develop a driver and shaft combo that can be customized?

Thanks for your time!

-Seth
[/quote]

Hey Seth. I can speak for both companies in that tour player feedback/validation during the product development process is critical. If either one of our companies doesn't have significant tour exposure for our products we've missed the mark. While players on tour have instant access to interchange shafts through the tour vans, they definitely enjoy the face/hosel customization elements made available to them through the adjustable technology found in Callaway's new RAZR Fit TA.

Chad

WITB

Thank you so much for the reply...this is great news and exactly what i am looking for...Very excited...

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1337020337' post='4912820']
[quote name='ndredhd' timestamp='1337019297' post='4912614']
I just installed TT Tour Concept as well as a couple of Monoco shafts in my irons after playing the followinf two styles... Not having played them yet, can i expect to see a major difference in the performance over my Rifle 6.0 and DG S300's i had in them previously?
thank you in advance for your reply.
[/quote]

The major difference you will see between Monaco/Tour Concept and a DG/Rifle type product is a variation in ball flight across the set. Monaco and TC provide high trajectories in the long irons and more controlled lower flights in the short irons. Dynamic Gold (low trajectory) and Rifle (mid trajectory) provide the same trajectory throughout the set.
[/quote]

Chad, I love the PX Black I am currently playing in my standard Razr fit (might need a TA!). Are we going to see more development in the graphite iron shafts arena? I play graphite in every club other than my putter due to a bad shoulder and there aren't too many options out there currently.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

[quote name='edaddy' timestamp='1337021424' post='4912972']
For True Temper,

your shaftfit.com is a great tool. I am in between a Project X Blak 6.0 and 6.5. (when I change my average drive distance 4 yards it bumps me up to 6.5). If i am close, do you recommend going with the less stiff shaft? My miss is a hook.

Thanks!
[/quote]

One thing we've definitely found in our years of testing is that most are playing shafts that are too stiff for them. Perhaps it's an ego thing or misinformation, but regardless we always recommend going a little bit softer in flex. You'll find that the shaft is working more for you than you are for it...if that makes sense. Think you'll love the 6.0 flex. Enjoy!

WITB

[quote name='knudson81' timestamp='1337021516' post='4912986']
Chad, I love the PX Black I am currently playing in my standard Razr fit (might need a TA!). Are we going to see more development in the graphite iron shafts arena? I play graphite in every club other than my putter due to a bad shoulder and there aren't too many options out there currently.
[/quote]

The difficulty with us creating high end aftermarket graphite iron shafts is that the cost makes them so cost prohibitive. Ultimately that leads to a very small market that doesn't justify the significant time/cost to develop a full set of graphite iron shafts. That said, if you like PX Black we do offer the original Project X graphite in an iron version and it is outstanding. Not sure if you've checked them out or not, but you might want to give them a look!

WITB

[quote name='JPNC1977' timestamp='1337021465' post='4912978']
What effect, if any, is there on the Project X black if I were to butt trim by one inch as the driver playing at 45.5 is a little long for me?
[/quote]

Since you are only butt cutting the shaft the tip will perform the same as it would at longer lengths.

Your club head speed will drop but you will make better contact more often which will improve your overall results.

WITB

[quote name='tripl3' timestamp='1337021576' post='4912998']
Why didn't Callaway include the adjustment for loft on the new Razr Fit TA? Or is that not much of a factor when adjusting face angle on your driver?

Also, with the heavier swing weight, are the performance characteristics of the Project X Black affected as compared to what they would be with a lighter swing weight?
[/quote]

At both retail and on Tour swing weights in the D-5 range are becoming more common place so we design with this kind of swing weight in mind.

WITB

Hey everyone. Looks like our time is up. THANKS so much for your questions. I know the Callaway guys are finishing up with a few more posts, but we'll look forward to doing this again in the near future. Good luck to everyone with the giveaway!!

Chad

WITB

I use a lot of Callaway products that I've bought on your shopCallaway site online. The site keeps getting better and better, but I do have one request or suggestion. Could you allow for the selection of many of these custom shafts when ordering clubs? i.e., I use the DG Spinner in my Jaws wedges, but I can't order this shaft from you -- I have to get custom installed somewhere at greater cost... Thanks for all the great new products this year.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Callaway Golf Home' timestamp='1337022541' post='4913158']
[quote name='JerryMB1' timestamp='1336652710' post='4887218']
The phrase "Tour Authenic" Does this mean the the retail models are really being used on tour, or are they related cousins? what was behind using that prase? or is it like slapping tour on the head, and winking and grinning.
[/quote]

[color="blue"][size="2"]Byusing the term Tour Authentic what we are trying to convey is that these arethe drivers and the technologies that are available on Tour. Tour players havehad the dual cog and extra weights available to them since we launched RAZR Fitso that it why you won't see a big switch to drivers with these graphics, theyalready have the functionality available to them in the original look. [/size][/color]

[color="blue"][size="2"]Luke[/size][/color]

[/quote]

We kudos to Callaway, because I love the look of the TA. The black finish is so nice and the lack of an alignment aid on top gives the whole package a clean, stealth look. Great job.

[quote name='Callaway Golf Home' timestamp='1337021038' post='4912904']
[quote name='is76550' timestamp='1336600267' post='4883048']
Mr Williams what do you believe will be Callaways next break through technology? You have had many advancements from the original Big Berthas to the new RAZR Fit with adjustable weights, a super light crown, and adjustable shaft technology. I am curious to know where the next breakthrough will come from. Thank you for your time.

Mr Hall, I am a huge fan of the Project X graphite shafts ( was using an early prototype until I lent it to my brother in as and I haven't seen it since). My question is it yours or True Tempers philosophy that lighter is better? There are a lot of manufacturers who are going to very light shafts I was hoping forward to your opinons on these ultra light shafts and their effect on distance and accuracy. Thank you for your time as well.

To GolfWRX thanks for the giveaway and forputting this all together.
[/quote]

[color="blue"][size="2"]Isthis Mark King again? I'm not biting. [/size][/color]

[/quote]

Hahaha....

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Guys Thanks for coming on the forum.
I'm over in the UK and went to order a Razr Fit TA from my pro a Callaway ambassador, and when he went to order it for me via Callaway UK he was told that they were not taking this club. Hence very disappointed.
Any ideas on why this policy should exist?
Many thanks
Peter

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 Hzrdus Smoke 50 Stiff - Awaiting Paradym Triple♦️10.5
Callaway Epic 16 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 04
Callaway Super Hybrid 20 
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
Vokey SM9 50, 55, SM7 60
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide

Just got in from work, looks like I missed the live questions, maybe they answered my question I sent in earlier? Thanks Callaway and True temper and golfwrx for having this forum for us all!

friends.gifTim

PSS: Did anyone see my question as to why the Callaway Razr Fit driver's SW is at D5? Thanks again, Tim

I'll go back to first page and see if this was answered. I was just curious of why so heavy.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Hey guys here's my original question if anyone is still here to answer:
[color="#1C2837"] [/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]To Callaway and True Temper: Why with all the technology moving to lighter head weights and lighter shafts is the swing weight @ D5? I thought the idea of making everything lighter was to help promote faster swing speeds for amateur golfers....

Thanks, Tim[/size][/color]
[color="#1C2837"] [/color]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]By the way I'm still using my Cally FT TA with PX 6c12. Awesome combo! My favorite driver since the TM R510 DF Proto. Haven't tried the Razr Fit TA but hope to soon.[/size][/color]

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]