Mizuno MP-32

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the past four years, I've played TM 320's, TM 300's, TM 2004 Miura cb's, TM 2005 TP's, Titleist 690.mb's, Miura 201.cb's, and Mizuno MP-30's. :idhitit:

Played around with the MP-33's and MP-37's, almost fell in love with the MP-33's.

IMHO the MP-32's are the "King of the Hill." Distance, forgiveness, playability, and workability - these clubs have it all.:drinks:

If you come from the old school where a blade must be hard to hit, unforgiving, and harsh on mis-hits with a teeny-tiny sweet spot, these are not for you! :D

Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 10.5  Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 3,5,7W Velocore  Red 7S 

Srixon ZX4-4, ZX5-5&6, ZX7 7-PW

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

SM8 Raw 52 F-12, 56 V,  & 60 V

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57’s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PW 

only ever demoed a set of these for one round and found them to be a dream. they have player stamped all over them, and definately do inspired confidence with their slightly larger head.

for a blade these were incredibily easy to hit, goof high flight, controlling them was easy and the feel....well they are mizuno. one of the better modern blades in my opinion as the have an x in every box!

I have played blades exclusively for 15 years, having played Maruman Curtis Strange models, Ram Tour Grind, Titleist Tour, TM RAC MB, Cleveland TA1, and Hogan Apex channel backs, none of them can come close to the feel and performance of the MP-32's. The Maruman would be a distant second. I have had mine for about a year, and have recently reshafted with the Project X. What a combination. Great trajectory, feel, and playability. I love these clubs!

PING G430 LST 9*, Ventus Black TR 7X
PING G425 14.5*, Ventus Blue 8X
PING iCrossover 18*, Ping Tour 85X
PING i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 60
Ping PLD

• 3 weeks later...

I have just switched to the MP-32s. My last set of irons were the Titleist 681s and prior to that I used Hogan Apexes (several different models). I still think the 681s feel more "solid" than the MP-32s. The MP-32s definitely have a higher trajectory (DGS-300s in both sets). The 681s have a thinner top line but not by much. The only club in the MP-32s that I don't like the look of is the PW which looks much too rounded at the toe for my tastes.

That said, I am very happy with the overall look and quality of the MP-32s and in the low irons they are definitely more forgiving than the 681s.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought I would play a blade again, but then again, I never thought a blade could be this forgiving....WOW!

***** Simply put, 5 stars for these *****

Super solid clubs with a soft feel and great looks. The soles don't dig, and they offer superb blade workability. And then to top it off, they have this suprising forgiveness! Any decent ballstriker will love these!

If there is ANY fault at all with the MP-32's , I have't been able to find it! Just a great design job with these irons Mizuno! IMO, a real breakthrough in blade design! :clapping:

I like mine with Project X 5.5 flex shafts)

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

Recently switched to the MP32s from my T-Zoid Pro IIs and I would agree with all the prior comments. I considered switching to a CB for forgiveness, especially in the long irons, but the 32s just looked too good and felt so sweet when struck. They definitively are no harder to hit than the Pro IIs and are in fact a little easier compared to the Pro IIs. They are not as forgiving on off center shots as a CB, such as X-Tours, but the ability to work the ball left or right, high or low and the feedback on well struck shots more than make up for that.

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 6.0
Callaway Epic Speed 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 5.5

Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4-6 PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50* F8, 54* S10, 58* D12
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just ordered a set of MP-32's today from TGW.com They have a sale going on right now and I got an additional 15% off. Total price ship to the house was under $600. I used a demo set of these clubs two weeks ago and fell in love with them. Can't wait to get them.

32961[/snapback]

Well I have now played three rounds with these clubs, my normal average score was 84 with my old irons Tommy Armor 845 EVO's. I have shot 79 and 75 on my own course slope 129 and a 81 on a new course never played before with a slope of 135. I will be playing another new course tomorrow with a slope of 134 and two more rounds at my club this weekend I will let you know if the success continues.

mp-32.jpeg

Let's hear it...

2986[/snapback]

the mp32's are simply the best forged club i"ve ever played. I've used cast callaway pro series for the last 6 years and have been waiting to go back to traditional blade like irons for year, almost bought mp29s a few years ago as well as the tzoid pro 2's but did not. when I first saw the mp32s and hit them for the first time, i knew these were the ones for me. They are great looking at address and feel incredible. I have so much confidence with them its silly. There just great irons. 5 stars.

I bought the mp60's w/6.5 rifle and two degree strong ... I really like them and had the pro II's

for 5 years never will sell them the day I order my new irons I was 5 under after 15 holes(2nd best rd) of the yr. If I waited one more day I would not have the mp60's. The ball flight is higher and they really juice it. I hit the 32's onceliked proII's better but They did not have the rifles in them so who knows.

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

• 2 weeks later...

Had the 32's since May very happy with them so far.

Updated from a set of 30's with TT S400 shafts. It sounds silly but I truly believe that the 32's are easier to hit than the 30's, especially in the long irons.

Changed the grips from the standard V55's to the new decade multi compound. :idhitit: Toe hits do lose a few yards but generally go straight. It's the hosel special which is the real killer, but that's on any club.

Very workable, easier to hit draws with these compared to the 30's. Only possible to hit a punchy low draw with the 30's.

Fitted at the European Mizuno HQ in Scotland. Compared the MX23's, my old 30's and the 32's. They say the results don't lie, and the figures were certainly the best with the 32's.

The pro who fitted me stated that the main reason the 32's came out, was the pro's complaining that the 30's shot too low with the longer clubs. The 30's are generally referred to as a low ball flight cavity.

For me, 6 iron swing speed was 86 average so the DG TT S300's were the better choice.

Great for the knockdown punchy shots :cheesy: you need here in the UK, when it's blowing.... :cheesy:

Enjoy the right side of the tee box..... :cheesy:

p.s If you like the 32's, swallow your pride and get some neoprene head covers

PING LST 8.5' / Stretch 13.5' / G400 17'
Callaway Apex Pro 4 to PW, Mack Daddy Forged 50, 55, 60
Scotty X5, Vice Pro Plus in White

You may try to pry the Mp-32's out of my hand and replace them with something else. But the reality is I am not dead yet. The only thing that comes close for me is the new Bridgestone irons. But I will still pay my MP-32's until Bridgestone gives me a new set for $9.00, which of course will never happen. Mizuno even sent me for free two extra black end caps for may bag as it gets hot here in Vegas and I play or practice on everyday ending in "Y". :idhitit:

You may try to pry the Mp-32's out of my hand and replace them with something else. But the reality is I am not dead yet. The only thing that comes close for me is the new Bridgestone irons. But I will still pay my MP-32's until Bridgestone gives me a new set for $9.00, which of course will never happen. Mizuno even sent me for free two extra black end caps for may bag as it gets hot here in Vegas and I play or practice on everyday ending in "Y". :drinks:

49099[/snapback]

Amen, Me love mine too. The more I look at the mp60s and hit those the more I appreciate my mp32s. I like both sets, I have a feeling the 32s will win out, because I'm all about ball striking too. :clapping:

You may try to pry the Mp-32's out of my hand and replace them with something else. But the reality is I am not dead yet. The only thing that comes close for me is the new Bridgestone irons. But I will still pay my MP-32's until Bridgestone gives me a new set for $9.00, which of course will never happen. Mizuno even sent me for free two extra black end caps for may bag as it gets hot here in Vegas and I play or practice on everyday ending in "Y". :yahoo:

49099[/snapback]

Amen, Me love mine too. The more I look at the mp60s and hit those the more I appreciate my mp32s. I like both sets, I have a feeling the 32s will win out, because I'm all about ball striking too. :pimp:

52086[/snapback]

I love both my sets as well - can't decide Mp-32 or Mp-60, Mp-60 or Mp-32.........tough choice - both sets are pure greatness

:clapping: :D :clapping:

:drinks::golfer:

mp-32.jpeg

Let's hear it...

2986[/snapback]

In my opinion the best forged club I have ever played. Not only is it the most forgiving and longest forged blade I have ever hit but it is the easiest to work the ball with as well.

I put a set of Rifle Flighted 6.0 shafts in them and with the cut groove technology and the flighted rifle the launch angle is the most consistant I have ever hit. You get a great penatrating ball flight along the hieght and distance. What a great combination for any club........

Definatly a 5 rating in my book.

• 4 weeks later...

I played Mizuno MP 37's until early summer and replaced them with the Cally X-Tours. Big mistake. Abouth 2 weeks ago I traded the Cally's in for MP32's and my ball striking improved over night. It is nice to be able to feel where you hit them on the club face. My iron play has always been the stongest part of my game but it dipped when I went to the X-Tours but I have started hitting the ball closer to the hole with a 100% better distance and flight control. The thing is, they are just as forgiving as the Cally's and other cavity backs out in the market and a little bit longer. :cheesy: :tongue:

Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1

Have played several brands of blades and cavity backs over the years, but keep coming back to Mizuno's. First the 14s (stupidly sold them), then the 33s (stupidly sold them), back to the 14s (stupidly sold them), and now I have found my way to the MP-32s via a detour as I was heading back to the 33s.

Feel is typical Mizuno. Great forgiveness for a "blade" and great looks at address. In fact, they win out over the 33s for me because I like the look of the 32's short irons better than the 33s.

Plan on playing these for a long time -- simply the best iron I have ever hit.

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

• 1 month later...

I've had my MP 32s for about 2 months now and the more I play and practice with them, the better they get. Great looks, forgiving enough and the feel is the best I've experienced in an iron.

See photos. I have them with the stock Mizuno Exsar graphite shafts and they're very stable.

TaylorMade Stealth HD 10.5 Driver
Yamaha RMX 220 17* 5 Wood
Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids - 21* and 24*
Callaway Apex 21 P-6 Irons
Titleist Vokey SM9 Wedges 56-14F and 60-4T
Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Best blades currently available. Best blades, well, ever. Look unbelievable, feel superb and not too daunting for the mere mortal. Perfect blend of workability and forgiveness. I do love my X-Tours but these are seriously tempting.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

• 1 month later...

As a mid-HC golfer, I've been eyeing the MP-32's when they first came out. I waited until Dec to make the plunge to get the MP-32's (in a LH version no less). The feel is phenomenal from the sweet spot. The 8-PW are laser-like in the capacity to hone onto the pin. The looks are great as well. On off-center hits, you do lose distance. Highly recommend this set for those that want to put forth the effort to improve their ball striking as it gives you feedback on and off sweet spot shots.

MDHacker