Rickie Fowler with new Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana

[quote name='Mick Ill Son!' timestamp='1346381824' post='5564007']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1346381042' post='5563917']
Dude I gotta be honest, I try to be laid back but if you are telling me that MRC is releasing a new line soon plus is an "in between" then I am going to rage.

Can we get a clarification on this rumor. I feel depressed now. Just ordered a S+ this afternoon.
[/quote]

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/719537-mitsubishi-rayon-new-shaft-graphics-seen-at-the-deutsche-bank-championship/
[/quote]

Saw that, says B. I would assume that means they are adding a third line to make the D,S and now B line.

You wrote that the Diamana plus is a middle line shaft.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt that there is a new MRC shaft, I just don't understand what makes the plus series middle ground. Their website says it uses the MDI. I wasn't hating on you at all, just frustrated cause I ordered one

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thanks for the pics Greg. Wonder why Rickie's not playing his LE Orange AMP Driver? Bubba plays his pink one.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

JaxBeachNole, I think what they meant by middle might have been more in terms of release date. I am sure that the s+ is a great shaft.

TS3 8.5 (D1) Motore Speeder 7.2TS X

TSi3 15 (C1) Rogue 130MSI white 80x
818h1 19 (C2) Tensei Pro white 90tx/X-forged UT 18 PX 6.5
MP5 4-pw $-taper 130
Zipcore 50,55,60
Redwood Anser

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1346384189' post='5564201']
I don't doubt that there is a new MRC shaft, I just don't understand what makes the plus series middle ground. Their website says it uses the MDI. I wasn't hating on you at all, just frustrated cause I ordered one
[/quote]

I don't understand why you're so upset. You ordered a shaft because you thought it might be a good fit for you correct? Is the shaft underperforming? What does a yet to be released shaft have to do with what you bought today?

I'll be upset if I bought a shaft thinking it was going to be the premium Diamana shaft line for a couple of years and it turns out its not. I unfortunately don't have the ability to test most shafts before I buy, either they are not in X flex or not available at all, and a large part of my purchases are based on faith.

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1346505858' post='5570363']
I'll be upset if I bought a shaft thinking it was going to be the premium Diamana shaft line for a couple of years and it turns out its not. I unfortunately don't have the ability to test most shafts before I buy, either they are not in X flex or not available at all, and a large part of my purchases are based on faith.
[/quote]

Was staying away - let me jump in real quick, hopefully to help settle you down a bit, and shed some light on the shaft offerings-

The 'ahina, Kai'li, and 'ilima cost more that the original Diamana series, and the new Plus+ series. So, if we are going to consider something "premium" based on price, that already exists in 'ahina, Kai'li, and 'ilima which you did not buy, therefore you already bought the "non-premium" offering, you bought the "newest" offering.

So, why did the new Diamana Plus+ line come about you may ask-
Diamana Plus+ was created based on a lot of feedback from the professional tours around the world. Many of the players (and there are/were a ton!) that play / played the original Diamana series and then tried the newer Diamana's ('ahina, Kai'li, and 'ilima) thought that something was lost in the way of feel. They were describing them as a more "crisp" feel, and did not have the "smoothness" that they had come to love in the originals. So the next generation ('ahina, Kai'li, and ;ilima) not only were made with a different material (MORE EXPENSIVE MATERIAL), but also a different manufacturing / assembly process to make them even more consistent.
So-how can Mitsubishi give the players back the feel they wanted, BUT maintain the new and more consistent manufacturing? HERE COMES DIAMANA PLUS+! They went back to the original materials of BlueBoard/WhiteBoard (LESS expensive than materials in 'ahina, Kai'li, 'ilima) BUT kept the NEW manufacturing process. SO-lower price (same now as BlueBoard, WhiteBoard, RedBoard) because same material being used.

So in Diamana Plus+ you get the same material that started it all and continues to be used in original series, with new and improved assembly technologies!!!-WIN WIN if you ask me!

The stuff you are seeing Fowler try, is going to be something different, yes, another extension of the Diamana line / brand. Probably getting back up in price because of material costs and new technologies.

So-original Diamana's (Blue, White, Red) great stuff still today.
So-Diamana Plus+ = GREAT stuff. Original feel / material, with new assembly practices, great shafts!
Next Generation Diaman line (ahina, Kaili, ilima) different material (more expensive) with Diamana Plus+ shared manufacuring / assembly
Shaft Fowler testing - something different, and probably getting more expensive again.

Maybe worded better this way instead of Diamana Plus+ fits in between Kuro Kage and new stuff - making it sound like a lower level shaft, which it's NOT.
Diamana PREMIUM
Diamana Plus+ PREMIUM with newer assembly practices
DIAMANA next generation PREMIUM with different materials than Diamana and Diamana Plus+
Next Diamana line PREMUIM with differences from other ones listed.

[quote name='dlefty' timestamp='1346523113' post='5571273']
[/quote]

Was staying away - let me jump in real quick, hopefully to help settle you down a bit, and shed some light on the shaft offerings-

The 'ahina, Kai'li, and 'ilima cost more that the original Diamana series, and the new Plus+ series. So, if we are going to consider something "premium" based on price, that already exists in 'ahina, Kai'li, and 'ilima which you did not buy, therefore you already bought the "non-premium" offering, you bought the "newest" offering.

Diamana Plus+ was created based on a lot of feedback from the professional tours around the world. Many of the players (and there are/were a ton!) that play / played the original Diamana series and then tried the newer Diamana's ('ahina, Kai'li, and 'ilima) thought that something was lost in the way of feel. They were describing them as a more "crisp" feel, and did not have the "smoothness" that they had come to love in the originals. So the next generation ('ahina, Kai'li, and ;ilima) not only were made with a different material (MORE EXPENSIVE MATERIAL), but also a different manufacturing / assembly process to make them even more consistent.
So-how can Mitsubishi give the players back the feel they wanted, BUT maintain the new and more consistent manufacturing? HERE COMES DIAMANA PLUS+! They went back to the original materials of BlueBoard/WhiteBoard (LESS expensive than materials in 'ahina, Kai'li, 'ilima) BUT kept the NEW manufacturing process. SO-lower price (same now as BlueBoard, WhiteBoard, RedBoard) because same material being used.

So in Diamana Plus+ you get the same material that started it all and continues to be used in original series, with new and improved assembly technologies!!!-WIN WIN if you ask me!

The stuff you are seeing Fowler try, is going to be something different, yes, another extension of the Diamana line / brand. Probably getting back up in price because of material costs and new technologies.

So-Diamana Plus+ = GREAT stuff. Original feel / material, with new assembly practices, great shafts!
Next Generation Diaman line (ahina, Kaili, ilima) different material (more expensive) with Diamana Plus+ shared manufacuring / assembly
Shaft Fowler testing - something different, and probably getting more expensive again.

Maybe worded better this way instead of Diamana Plus+ fits in between Kuro Kage and new stuff - making it sound like a lower level shaft, which it's NOT.
Diamana PREMIUM
DIAMANA next generation PREMIUM with different materials than Diamana and Diamana Plus+
[/quote]

That makes more sense, thank you. The way that it was being worded earlier was making me think that the plus line was closer to a Kuro Kage than the 1st gen boards or 2nd gen ahina/Kai'li/ilima.

I think you summed up the Diamana lines really well, thanks again.

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1346525508' post='5571417']
[quote name='dlefty' timestamp='1346523113' post='5571273']
[/quote]

Diamana PREMIUM
[/quote]

That makes more sense, thank you. The way that it was being worded earlier was making me think that the plus line was closer to a Kuro Kage than the 1st gen boards or 2nd gen ahina/Kai'li/ilima.

I think you summed up the Diamana lines really well, thanks again.
[/quote]
+1

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

[quote name='Vian' timestamp='1345818853' post='5527058']
[quote name='Judge Smails' timestamp='1345818196' post='5526982']
This all confuses the you-know-what out of me. Even the Mitsu website calls the D+ and S+ a new Diamana and specifically refers to them in parentheticals as (blueboard) and (whiteboard).

And now people are saying they are NOT the next gen Diamana?

Is Ricky's shaft just another version of the $700 Proto Diamana that isn't part of the typical product line? Is that possible?
[/quote]

One guy is saying so...
[/quote]

+1

Taylormade M5 9* AD-IZ 6S
Titleist 915F 15* AD-DI 7S
Titleist 915H 21* AD-DI 85S
Titleist 718 AP2 with AMT Tour White
Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 54 and 60
Byron Morgan DH89 (Carbon) and DH89 (Stainless)

• 3 months later...

Guess the 'one guy' was correct, here's from MRC website, B series Blueboard, haven't seen avaialble but MSRP 400-450 (Plus series is 300) says Fall 2012 from October 2 Presss Release

[url="http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/press.php?date=2012-10-02"]http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/press.php?date=2012-10-02[/url][url="http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/press.php?date=2012-10-02"] 10:19:50&lang=en[/url]

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

• 2 weeks later...