Best golf shot you ever made

butch33611

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I really dont know... This season.. That's easy for me.

All year I have been working on trying to 'shape shots' and more importantly, trying to learn how to control the shape. At my home course theres a 90* par 4 lined with trees. There is a landing area which calls for a 210-240 yd shot (a creek short and a creek on the right side of the fairway which crosses the fairway for your second shot... OB long, OB left). I chunk a 3 iron into wind and end up in the short creek. Fortinately the creek was overgrown with a lot of grass, so besides being in long, wet grass, the ball was playable. I had 155 to the pin, up hill about 40 feet, ball a couple inches below my feet and a massive tree blocking my angle at the green. I decided to hit a 6 iron cut shot hugging the left edge of the tree and turning it towards the green. The ball ended up 15 feet from the pin. Saved my par. The shot was perfectly executed and it felt great knowing some of my hard work has paid off.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Recently, slam dunked a 60* wedge from 60 yards in a club matchplay tourney for eagle to go 3 up after 3. went in straight down the pipe.

Other than that, I hit a triple breaking chip and run at the old links course I used to play at, using the edge of a bunker to slingshot it out onto the green. Stuck it to 2 feet.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

I was playing 9 holes a few months ago with my 9 year old. He's been going with me to courses since he was 4, riding in the cart and putting a little. He's been playing regular rounds for the last two years, from the 200, 150 and 100/75/50 yard markers for 9 holes. He's fairly steady in the high 50s.

I played him from inside the 150 on the 7th hole, which is a slightly downhill right to left par 4. 390 or so for me, 125 for him. I hit a solid tee ball that left me about 125 in, but the pin was all the way in the front, so I only had sand wedge in. He busted a drive that hit the front edge of the green then rolled right past the pin and to the right edge of the green about 15 feet from the pin.

We had been practicing chipping and pitching the day before, and we got down to the green and before I can even sit my bag down and give him a little advice, he has his sand wedge out and chips it dead stiff, just a couple of inches. He taps it in with the wedge after pulling the flag out. I asked him what he made, and he thought about it for a minute, then went crazy when he realized it was his first birdie.

Now, we're out there pretty much by ourselves late on a Sunday afternoon. We're running around the green and high fiving, having a big time, then he reminds me that I still have to putt. I recalled a friend telling me that he and his son first made birdies on the same hole when his son was 12 or 13, and I thought, holy cow, this is one of those moments where you've got a chance to make a great memory. I really wanted to make that putt. It was slightly uphill, about 8 feet with about a foot of right to left break...a fairly easy/makeable roll all things considered, except for the circumstances. I made it, but I'm still not sure how. It was more nerve-wracking than any of the USGA qualifiers that I've played in (because I haven't come close to ever qualifying for anything). It was worse than teeing off in front of a crowd of a couple of hundred onlookers at a US Open Qualifying practice round. We let it all hang out when it went in.

Up until then, my drive on the second 18 of a 36 hole day at Tobacco Road, over the trees on 13 that set up my second eagle on the hole that day, was the best.

My bad shot turned best shot was about 10 years ago in a high school tournament on a 194 yd par 3 I pulled up and thinned a 6 iron that hooked into the green and I thought had went into a greenside bunker. We get up there and look for 5 minutes and cannot find this ball. Well a guy on the other team happens to walk by the hole and sees my scuffed up top flight xl3000 super straight sitting in there. 1st and only hole in one and I didnt even get to see it and it happened off of a poorly executed shot. I still have a plaque the school gave me with all the details and the actually ball hanging in my apartment.

[quote name='1911loaded' timestamp='1349065660' post='5728647']
My bad shot turned best shot was about 10 years ago in a high school tournament on a 194 yd par 3 I pulled up and thinned a 6 iron that hooked into the green and I thought had went into a greenside bunker. We get up there and look for 5 minutes and cannot find this ball. Well a guy on the other team happens to walk by the hole and sees my scuffed up [b]top flight xl3000 super straight[/b] sitting in there. 1st and only hole in one and I didnt even get to see it and it happened off of a poorly executed shot. I still have a plaque the school gave me with all the details and the actually ball hanging in my apartment.
[/quote]

Could be the only XL3000 Super Straight to actually live up to its name!

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

1 hole in one on a downhill 155 yard par three. PW landed about a foot past the hole, bounced once to about 5 feet past and then the spin kicked in and sucked it right back into the hole. Was very cool because way hole set up I could see the whole thing. Kind of a mixed blessing though. I was so jacked up with excitement that on the next two tee shots I hooked the ball out of bounds.

Also have double eagled four times on decent length par 5's. Those were not nearly as cool because could not see ball go in on any of them.

Jeff

Mine was at Fossil Trace golf course in Golden. I was on the par 5 12th. If anyone has played there they are aware of the 3 stone pillars that are right in the middle of the fairway. The left side of the fairway has a stone wall and the right side is a 45 foot drop off to nothing. Shot placement on this hole is key. The fairway narrows as it gets to the green, this green is surrounded by more of the stone walls so going for this green in two is a tough thing to accomplish. My drive was right down the middle and set me up in a great position. I don't have the power to go for this green in two so I was going to lay up. I go to hit my second shot, I intended to stay on the left side of the fairway and stay in between the pillars and the wall. I pushed my second shot just enough to clip one of the pillars and it sends my ball straight up into the and and lands on the right side of the pillar. I am now 256 yards from the green according to Sky Caddie and I am really mad at myself because I didn't take advantage of a great drive. I am now on the right side of the fairway and I figure I got nothing to lose. I take out my 3 wood and absolutely pure it. The ball takes off and has a beautiful draw and it is coming around perfectly. Over the last pillar and I lose sight of it because of how the green is set up. I drive up to the green and I am thinking I am close to the green but not on it. I get up to the green and I see my ball right in the middle of the green. The pin was in the back left so I had a nice two putt for par. Greatest shot I have hit to date,

#Mizuno
#PlayFamously
#TeamJPX

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say it was the best, but definitely one of the most important shots I've ever made. It was in the Costa Mesa City Championship. The short 115 yard par 3 on the front all over water. My opponent had just eagled and I knew I was in for a tough day as he went from 1 down to 1 up on my net score. He caught his shot a little chunky and just came up short of the green into the drink. I hit my shot pin high above the green. He ended up with a bogey. I had a hard downhill, left to right 8 foot break. I made the birdie putt and went back up 1. That momentum putt I felt carried me to the tourney win.

[quote name='NPVWhiz' timestamp='1348972598' post='5720787']
I was playing 9 holes a few months ago with my 9 year old. He's been going with me to courses since he was 4, riding in the cart and putting a little. He's been playing regular rounds for the last two years, from the 200, 150 and 100/75/50 yard markers for 9 holes. He's fairly steady in the high 50s.

I played him from inside the 150 on the 7th hole, which is a slightly downhill right to left par 4. 390 or so for me, 125 for him. I hit a solid tee ball that left me about 125 in, but the pin was all the way in the front, so I only had sand wedge in. He busted a drive that hit the front edge of the green then rolled right past the pin and to the right edge of the green about 15 feet from the pin.

We had been practicing chipping and pitching the day before, and we got down to the green and before I can even sit my bag down and give him a little advice, he has his sand wedge out and chips it dead stiff, just a couple of inches. He taps it in with the wedge after pulling the flag out. I asked him what he made, and he thought about it for a minute, then went crazy when he realized it was his first birdie.

Now, we're out there pretty much by ourselves late on a Sunday afternoon. We're running around the green and high fiveing, having a big time, then he reminds me that I still have to put. I recalled a friend telling me that he and his son first made birdies on the same hole when his son was 12 or 13, and I thought, holy cow, this is one of those moments where you've got a chance to make a great memory. I really wanted to make that putt. It was slightly uphill, about 8 feet with about a foot of right to left break...a fairly easy/makeable roll all things considered, except for the circumstances. I made it, but I'm still not sure how. It was more nerve-wracking than any of the USGA qualifiers that I've played in (because I haven't come close to ever qualifying for anything). It was worse than teeing off in front of a crowd of a couple of hundred onlookers at a US Open Qualifying practice round. We let it all hang out when it went in.

Up until then, my drive on the second 18 of a 36 hole day at Tobacco Road, over the trees on 13 that set up my second eagle on the hole that day, was the best.
[/quote]
Periodically, the WRX crew discusses awarding a prize for the best post of the year. There are obvious problems with a project like that. You have to consider the context of the post, whether it was informative, humorous, etc. Because of the difficulties, we have never gotten it off the ground.

With that said, if we decide to make an award for Best Post of 2012, this post would be the single best thing I have read on GolfWRX this year. In fact it may be the best post I have ever read on GolfWRX.

Thank you for sharing a moment that defines why I became a golfer and continue to be a lover of the Great Game.

I have 2 holes in one, once which I actually called the shot, high cut 9 iron, just past flag, spin back into the hole, and it did!

Jarred at least half a dozen from the fairway, but still not aces.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

[quote name='NPVWhiz' timestamp='1348972598' post='5720787']

Now, we're out there pretty much by ourselves late on a Sunday afternoon. We're running around the green and high fiveing, having a big time, then he reminds me that I still have to put. I recalled a friend telling me that he and his son first made birdies on the same hole when his son was 12 or 13, and I thought, holy cow, this is one of those moments where you've got a chance to make a great memory. I really wanted to make that putt. It was slightly uphill, about 8 feet with about a foot of right to left break...a fairly easy/makeable roll all things considered, except for the circumstances. I made it, but I'm still not sure how. It was more nerve-wracking than any of the USGA qualifiers that I've played in (because I haven't come close to ever qualifying for anything). It was worse than teeing off in front of a crowd of a couple of hundred onlookers at a US Open Qualifying practice round. We let it all hang out when it went in.

[/quote]

Simply awesome story. Thanks for that.

Richard

No look back to the hole between the legs walk up 45 foot putt for triple bogey.
That one or a 215 hard hard draw hybrid out of the dirt out over the practice green back between two trees to hit the 18th green made par and won 4 skins from my buddies. They were in shock I made that shot and they all blew up coming in.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

My best ever shot happened a couple of months ago. I was a member of our club's team playing in the regional final of a national competition, with the winners going on to a national semi final, and we got to the 18th in the fourth match of five, and were one down, and looked like our result would be the decider. Because of this we had a gallery of about 100 people which helped to increase the pressure. Its a foursomes format, and I unfortunately pushed my drive into crap on the right, with my partner hitting a good recovery but leaving me with 170 yards to the pin. The green was narrow and kidney shaped, with the pin set in the narrowest part of the kidney shape, and was set at an angle to the fairway, with a big fall off to the left with a deep swale and then water. To further complicate matters there was a strong breeze off the right and in, and our opponents were about 50 yards from the green on the right, looking straight down the green, and needing only a half to win the overall match. After a bit of discussion with my paying partner and both caddies I decided that I had to take the pin on, which involved taking on the water and swale, and having a tiny landing area. I opted for a 4 iron, and hit the sweetest shot to 6 feet, whereupon my opponent promptly pulled his lob wedge into the swale. Unfortunately there was no happy ending as we lost the fifth match on the 17th, and we were called in as we arrived at the green, and before we could finish out, but everyone was buzzing about my shot, conveniently forgetting that I had to take it on because I'd made a mess of my drive. Even the referee came up to me on the green to congratulate me for the shot, and in the locker room afterwards I heard the members of the other club talking about it, and how they had thought it was would be incredible for me to hit the green, not to mind hitting it to six feet. So, while I was hugely disappointed to lose out, I was as proud as punch of my previously unknown ability to make such a shot under that kind of pressure.

A few years back I had watched a Golf Channel show that had a segment on how to hit a really soft cut lob shot. I went to the range a few days later and practiced it a bit. Nothing serious, just fooling around. I was usually more inclined to take out a 8i and play a little bump and run or low chip than any high floaters anyways. The next day I'm playing a round as a single and lo and behold, I'm in a situation where a soft cut lob shot would be ideal. Bunker between me and a close cut pin. Ok...I got this. 60 degree wedge open up the face, open the stance, don't be afraid to swing. Up it goes, down it comes as soft as a feather...2-3 ft away from the pin. Sweet. Applause is heard from the 3 some waiting on the next tee. I tap my ball in for birdie and say thanks. The 3 some asks me if I want to join them on the last three holes. I oblige, feeling pretty good.

I proceed to take out my driver and pull hook one into someone's kitchen nook window about halfway down the fairway. Owner comes out and tells me he can't imagine how someone could have hit a ball so bad as to hit that particular window. I give him my info, tell him to send me the bill and just drive back to the clubhouse.

Unfortunately, my best shots come after some of my worst...LOL. I've had several chip ins, but my best shots I think were recovery shots. One errant second shot ended up just below an adjacent holes tee box. A group was getting ready to tee off, but they waved me over and waited for me to hit my shot...probably to get a good laugh. I had about 90 yards on a down hill lie and ball a little below my feet. I had trees about half way up the shot. I pulled out my 54, opened it up and hit that thing as high as I could to clear the trees. I didn't see my shot land, but when I walked to the green my partners were like 'great shot'. I had a two foot tap in for par.

Same day, same course...600+ yard par 5 18th. I pulled my tee shot left and continued to hit two more crappy shots that kept hooking left back into the rough. On my 4th, I was still 125 out, left rough, upslope, blind shot with a bunker in front. I took out a PW and hit a perfect baby draw that just caught the front of the green and rolled to about 1.5 feet from the hole for par. Now if I could stop putting myself in those positions maybe I'll string some birdies together.

Easy one for me......5-6 years ago, #13 Torrey South, Par 5. Fifth carry over skin and after a relatively long tee shot I was left with about 220 to a front left pin. Downwind shot off the ocean so I knew stopping it would be next to impossible. Pulled the ol' trusty 4-iron mizzy 32 and hit the perfect baby draw that actually caught the upslope of the front fringe and checked up pin high about 5 feet right of the flag. Draino eagle time. All the skins in my pocket and my competitor lost all steam after that one. Single playing with us said he'd never seen an ameteur eagle that hole. I can barely get home in two these days on that hole! LOL

Probably under the circumstances it was the 3 wood I hit last week in the National Club Golf Championship qualifier. Second hole of the 2-man scramble style tourney is a reachable par 5. My partner Greg yanks his drive wayyyyy left and I hit a thin drive that goes about 230 on the soaking wet fairways. "Great..." we say to each other, we are still 250 out on a hole we should have been no more than 200 away on.

Our strategy all day was to let Greg hit the long shots first and to let me hit the putts first. So Greg goes up with his hybrid (kid is a long hitter) and absolutely tops it into the turf. I've never seen him hit a shot like that, we both admitted afterwards that we were pretty nervous. So with the pressure all on me to deliver I step up with my Nike Sasquatch 13 degree fairway wood and stripe it the best I ever have. Hits the green, stops at 20 feet and we end up making bird to get our day going.

We ended up having the most fun we've ever had playing together, finished six under in brutal conditions and won the qualifier. We fly to Vegas November 9th to play in the National Collegiate Club Golf Championships and we couldn't be any more excited. [b]I love this game [/b]not only because of all the good shots I have hit, but because the great friends I have made and times I have had.

• 2 weeks later...

[size=5][sub]Glen Eagle Golf course Millington TN. Hole #5 350yd par 4 with water starting about 90 yards out. I was laying it up to 100 yrds. I hit a push fade that caught a tree and knocked it straight down to the right. Holed it out from under trees on the right for eagle. Had to hit about a 20 yard fade from 130 yrds around a tree, over water, and the over a greenside bunker. Hole was cut in the back right portion of the green. Shot was dead into the sun. Couldnt see a thing after I hit it. Luckily my playing partner could. If not I would still be looking for the ball.[/sub][/size]

Not really my best shot, but a good one and even better story.

I'm invited by a client to play in a four man scramble sponsored by a local hunting club. One of the hunting club members owns the local beer distributorship. Each year he donates a pallet of Budweiser as a closest to the pin prize providing you donate $5 to the tournament charity before the shot.. I throw my $5 in the bucket. No. 7 at Cherokee Valley in Olive Branch, Ms that day played 156 yards, slightly downhill, no wind. I stiff a 7 iron to inches from the cup. I win 196 six packs of Budweiser. I don't drink beer.

P.S. Selling beer is not hard when you are playing golf with a bunch of rednecks. I got $500 from a guy for the beer after the tournament. It was a good day.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter

Nice shot, jhscott1. I've been in those trees to the right at Glen Eagle a bunch and can appreciate the difficultly of that shot. Good thing that pin was back and right that day. Hard to get that green to hold a shot that will stay under the trees and still hold the green.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter

[quote name='Yant' timestamp='1346937857' post='5595757']
Hi all. New to the forum so i thought that this is a good a place as any to say hello. I've been playing the game for around 25 years now off and on. Got down to a 3 handicap and went through the professional programme when i was younger but decided it wasn't for me and left golf alone for quite a few years. I've only recently come back to the game in the last year and i'm really enjoying it again. I'm still using my irons from 15 years ago! (new set to come this winter).
So, here are a couple of crackers that stick in the memory from this year;

[color=#FF0000][u][b]1. Hole 6, Hindhead Golf Club, Surrey.[/b][/u]

Par 3, 139 yards off the yellow tees. Perfect golf weather – not a breath of wind and the sun shining. The hole plays massively downhill so it’s always a lot less club than you think. Decided to control a 3/4 9 iron with a gentle fade. Struck it beautifully. The ball made a gentle fade toward the pin, pitched about 10 ft behind the hole and rolled back off of the slope to within 3 feet.[/color]

[u][b]2. Hole 7, Chigwell Golf Club, Essex (my home course).[/b][/u]

Par 4, 363 from the back tees. Blocked my tee shot out right into the trees which left me with somewhat of a tricky 130yd shot to a green protected by a large tree to the left. Because I was in the trees I had an overhanging tree directly in front of me to deal with, plus a restricted swing. Very bare lie, so I choked down on a 4 iron, opening the face playing the ball off of my back foot keeping my hands forward and cutting across the ball. I was trying to hit a low punch with a fade. I did. Perfectly to about 3 feet from the flag. I love shot making.
[/quote]

Spooky coincidence! - One of my most memorable shots was on this hole: Playing in a 'serious' singles match, from a similar distance, I hit a PW & my opponent said "that's right down the flag" & he was right, the ball pitched straight in the hole! - We could hear the noise of the ball spinning back on the tee, but there was so much spin that the ball hopped out of the hole & finished about 18" away - I was so shocked I almost missed the putt!

My best ever shot was on another Surrey course - Effingham GC - I was playing in the Harry Secombe Pro Am (many years ago) - On the 8th, a dog-leg Par 5, I hit my drive to the top of the hill & left myself about 200yds to the pin - As the green was severely downhill from me I decided to land a 7 iron short & let it run on to the green - We were in the first group in the Pro Am so there was only a small group of spectators gathered by the green - I hit my 7 iron nicely on the line I picked & as I turned to hand my club to the caddy there was a big cheer from the green as my ball had rolled onto the green & into the hole for an albatross! - I shot 1 over par that day & would have been 2nd in the Pro event - Sadly there were only 'team prizes' and my team were rubbish, so we won nothing but I will always have the memory ...

Cheers ... Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

Best shot to date: playing in Stockton ca. Playing Vanbuskirk GC. Had been playing well but number 9 has always been a problem. Off the tee you see trees Angling from left to right. So only shot you have is either a fade into the trees on the right or a perfect draw. Well back then I did not have a draw, I know what about a fade nope as you will find out. I set up on the far right of the tees box trying to squeeze out a straight shot or barley miss the trees fade. Oh did I tell you water is also in front of you. So I take a good hard swing and hit the tree to my left I'm watching the ball head to the water. Just missed by inches. Now for the shot so I'm sitting here glad not to be wet. But wanting to cut some trees down but decided to play the shot. Now I'm upset because the hole is now 220 out and I can not for the sake of life hit my 3 wood. So I grabbed my old mizuno t-zooid 4 iron. Figure get close chip and 1 putt and be happy guys are laughing at me. So that did not help so I once again took a hard swing and hit the best 4iron high draw that I have ever seen.

It takes a bounce one the green and we noticed the guy had walked off the green threw up his hands, he stands there shaking his head he said he watched it the entire time it never left the hole. So I said did it run off already feeling good that I hit that shot. He said nope it one hopped into the hole. I packed up my clubs and went home on a great note. Though the guys were made we still had 9 more to go but I felt day was done.

[quote name='MarkCPA' timestamp='1352492108' post='5913121']
Nice shot, jhscott1. I've been in those trees to the right at Glen Eagle a bunch and can appreciate the difficultly of that shot. Good thing that pin was back and right that day. Hard to get that green to hold a shot that will stay under the trees and still hold the green.
[/quote]
It definitely is MarkCPA. I have been in those trees numerous times. I have a great deal more bogies or worse than par or better scores from in there.

I had a plugged ball in a bunker on a fairly steep slope. We don't get many fried egg lies here in the SW as we usually don't have that much sand in our bunkers. Anyway, I had never hit such a shot and had read to swing hard with the toe in, so I gave it a try. Well the ball flew out and rolled to 4 ft and I made the putt, saving par. The guys in my group couldn't believe I got out, let alone get it to 4 ft. I have hit a lot of good shots but that has to be one of the best.