Competitors bags that scare you.

outwardnine

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1350838418' post='5824099']
[quote name='Cartrydge ' timestamp='1350820748' post='5823487']
If I see someone carrying blades, along anything tour issue I assume they are one of the many 12-20 handicaps that frequent golfwrx and hope they are ready to bet some cash. Bags or clubs never really scare me cause it's hard to tell.
[/quote]

I wish I ran into more of these guys
[/quote]

Agreed. I swear there are more vanity bags out there than vanity handicaps these days.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I see someone carrying blades, along anything tour issue I assume they are one of the many 12-20 handicaps that frequent golfwrx and hope they are ready to bet some cash. Bags or clubs never really scare me cause it's hard to tell.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad I never play with a$$ like you that worry about others bags.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1350840075' post='5824161']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's the topic of the thread genius. Move on.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1350840377' post='5824179']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1350840075' post='5824161']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's the topic of the thread genius. Move on.
[/quote]

No the topic is not thinking you are better than everyone.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='soregongolfer' timestamp='1350809547' post='5823345']
I've played golf for 14 years and not once have I looked at somebody else's bag.
[/quote]

Come on really? Not once? The inner ho in me makes ME look.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

the one that always gets me is the guy that has an all (insert brand bag) and his putter is completely different. This guy has decided to take the steps to buy a bunch of new stuff, but he is still really happy with that old putter. he must roll it really well. A guy that can putt can play golf...FACT

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Here's mine
The guy that has the slow walk to the first tee, stand bag (hoofer or sunmtn) slung over one shoulder w a hotel towel not connected to the bag thats wound threw his irons. His clubs are the last generation cavity backs irons that look ten years old, current small head driver 440cc (910d3/r11s) and a old 3 wood that you owned four clubs ago that you know he can't part with.
But
The above is all out the window if the longest club in his bag is his putter though. If you carry a long or belly putter in a match w me don't even bother looking for a conceded putt you ain't getting it. That club tells me ur hcp is what it is cause your a lousy putter.

Titleist 915D3 / GD Tour AD DI7s
TM RBZ 15* Diamana BB
Titleist 910H 19* 21* Diamana Kai'li
Titleist 714 AP2 4 - PW
Cameron Studio Stainless NP2
Vokey SM 52* 58*

[quote name='Swamp Trash' timestamp='1350595079' post='5813515']
Also beware the guy with an entire set of right-handed clubs, but a left-handed putter. As I learned the other day.
[/quote]

When I lived and played in NW Indiana I used to play with a guy that played left handed and putted right. He plays with a set of mid 70's Titleist blades that he won in a tournament. His wear is not just dime size, but centered on the 4th or 5th grove, a little closer to the hosel than toe, and is an upside down V worn clear to the sole. Routinely shoots in the 60's and has been the club champion a dozen times. You never see him on the range, he will lag a couple puts across number nine green as he heads to the first tee. Every two or three holes he will drink a beer. He is one to be feared, but a lot of fun to have as a partner!

Titleist TS2 Driver
Titleist TS2 5 wood
Mizuno MP20 HMP 4-7 / MP20 MB 8-9
Mizuno T20 Raw 46*, T20 Chrome 52*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta Putter

[quote name='jastac' timestamp='1350864884' post='5825401']
Here's mine
The guy that has the slow walk to the first tee, stand bag (hoffer or sunmtn) slung over one shoulder w a hotel towel not connected to the bag thats wound threw his irons. His clubs are the last generation cavity backs irons that look ten years old, current small head driver 440cc (910d3/r11s) and a old 3 wood that you owned four clubs ago that you know he can't part with.
But
The above is all out the window if the longest club in his bag is his putter though. If you carry a long or belly putter in a match w me don't even bother looking for a conceded putt you ain't getting it. That club tells me ur hcp is what it is cause your a lousy putter.
[/quote]

Really? So Keegan Bradley and Webb Simpson can't putt huh? Better ring em up and get a money game going

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

Also, I have a dime sized wear spot on my gap wedge, FEAR ME!

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

I'm shocked by the number of people who feel the need to chime with a "nothing scares me" post. You realize this is all fun, right? We're not actually talking shaking and running back to the car.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

The Internet is serious business

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

[quote name='Mulligan26' timestamp='1350868494' post='5825657']
Here's mine
The guy that has the slow walk to the first tee, stand bag (hoffer or sunmtn) slung over one shoulder w a hotel towel not connected to the bag thats wound threw his irons. His clubs are the last generation cavity backs irons that look ten years old, current small head driver 440cc (910d3/r11s) and a old 3 wood that you owned four clubs ago that you know he can't part with.
But
[/quote]

Really? So Keegan Bradley and Webb Simpson can't putt huh? Better ring em up and get a money game going
[/quote]

Hahaha yes, they're great putters. But the average amateur carrying a Adam Scott putter is probably going to be a crappy putter.

[quote name='Mulligan26' timestamp='1350868494' post='5825657']
Here's mine
But
[/quote]

[/quote]i will admit there ar exceptions to the rule, but for the most part if you see a unconventional putter in a amateurs bag he had conceded that he is a poor putter and will resort to anything to fix it. No one wants to use a long putter, but they do cause they feel they have to.

Titleist 915D3 / GD Tour AD DI7s
TM RBZ 15* Diamana BB
Titleist 910H 19* 21* Diamana Kai'li
Titleist 714 AP2 4 - PW
Cameron Studio Stainless NP2
Vokey SM 52* 58*

I don't see too many long putters in my neck of the woods, but there is a guy that uses one who routinely shoots in the low 70's. I've never even thought about trying one and I'm an average putter at best

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

[quote name='tatertot' timestamp='1350868676' post='5825681']
I'm shocked by the number of people who feel the need to chime with a "nothing scares me" post. You realize this is all fun, right? We're not actually talking shaking and running back to the car.
[/quote]

A lot of us have been around long enough to figure out that someone's equipment is no indication of their ability, hence the comments.

But keep on having your fun with the thread.

[quote name='tatertot' timestamp='1350868676' post='5825681']
[/quote]

i also don't believe anyone that would be on THIS site and say they never look in a playing partners bag.

i ALWAYS look in playing partners bags. though i wouldn't say i'm intimidated by anything in particular. I've beaten guys with worn out blades and lost to guys using fugly cavities and wedges from companies i didn't know existed.

One of the best players at my club uses one of those "proffesional open" wedges. I joke with him that when he put on an Iomic grip he doubled the value of the club.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1350538196' post='5810345']
Stretched lettering on the soles of Cleveland wedges. If you've seen them, you know what I'm talking about.
New grips on 10+ year old clubs
An MnBr older Ping putter with the grip wrapped in tennis tape
A 10+ year old 3 wood

Granted all the above could also belong to a cheap hack. The practice green and driving range will tell the rest.
[/quote]

Stage, you just described my bag exactly--right down to the blurred "Cleveland" stamp. Plus I'm still rocking a 15 year old Hoofer, filthy and with a broken zipper no less. Honestly though I don't like playing for money much anymore. These days, standing on the first tee I've got no idea if I'm going to shoot 68 or 81. Not exactly gambling from a position of strength!

Things that make me think twice when I glace at another player for the first time: No range work--the guy who goes from his car to the 1st tee in 60 seconds can play. The guy who doesn't wear a glove can play. Same with the guy who wears two gloves too--shout out to Tommy on his big day, first of many I hope! Chain smokers can play. Anyone who's made the effort to regrip their whole bag with proper full cord or leather grips (NDMC doesn't count, but never bet against anyone who's got a full bag of something like Lamkin Tour Black full cords). A corded putter grip is another giveaway. A non-Scotty grip on a Scotty, or a Scotty grip on a non-Scotty. Anyone with non stock shafts in their irons. Anyone with players CBs that are 10+ years old (e.g., Titleist 990, 962). And anyone who reminds me of Chevy Chase in Caddyshack.

The flip side of the coin......Wager unlimited amounts of money against anyone with iron head covers and/or plumb-bobbers. Same for Judge Smails.

Alright questions for you guys. I hear these floating around, and I wonder what you guys would say.

I use iron headcovers when I walk 18+ holes
I occasionally use a belly putter
I always carry a 1 iron.

Would you bet against me if you didn't know me before?

Taylormade M6 9*
Taylormade RBZ Tour 15*
Ping G410 Driving 2 iron
Adams A7 5-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 2  52/56/60
Odyssey Versa #7

[quote name='MinnesotaGolfer' timestamp='1350873572' post='5826013']
Alright questions for you guys. I hear these floating around, and I wonder what you guys would say.

I use iron headcovers when I walk 18+ holes
I occasionally use a belly putter
I always carry a 1 iron.

Would you bet against me if you didn't know me before?
[/quote]

Yes. But it has nothing to do with any of that.

I am weary of that guy with a 5+ year old staff bag full of clubs that aren't related to the bag, that all appear well used, and often with a driver with no head cover. Also be weary of the fella that smokes unfiltered cigarettes, has skin like shoe leather, and a putter that is 3 years his senior. Final scary opponent is the fella that pulls a fairway or long iron on the longest par 5 on the course. He generally has his game squared away, especially when playing for money.

[/quote]

Very nice generalization. Belly putters rule! Coming from an 8 who stuggles with long iron placement. My putter saves me man!!

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1