LIVE ROCKETBLADEZ Q&A with TaylorMade! Thursday, Oct. 25 1-3PM ET! Win RBLADEZ TOUR IRONS!

HipCheck

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GolfWRX Community,

Thank you for hosting us inside your walls for today's live chat regarding the RocketBladez Tour irons. We [u]always[/u] appreciate the opportunity to talk directly with golfers who have questions about our new products and today was no different. Your questions were interesting, challenging and fast and furious and we did our best to answer as many as we could this afternoon.

We genuinely enjoyed the conversation and hope you have a chance to try the RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons very soon. In the meantime, we encourage you to please direct any additional questions regarding the irons to our social media team on [url="http://www.facebook.com/TaylorMadeGolf"]Facebook[/url] or [url="http://www.twitter.com/taylormadegolf"]twitter[/url].

TaylorMade Golf

Thanks TaylorMade Golf for your time and efforts to answer all the questions that were thrown at y'all. Hope to hit the Rocketbladz soon.
tdog4

Taylormade Stealth 2 12* Autoflex 505
Taylormade Stealth HD 3 5 7 woods Speeder

Taylormade Stealth HD 5-PW Ventus stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9 46 54 58
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5
Titleist ProV1x. 

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351194035' post='5845813']
[quote name='Tiwedge' timestamp='1351179304' post='5844133']
I currently have a RBZ Tour 2H and I love it. I do not normally take a dig divot when I swing this club, but sometimes I notice that the "Speed Pocket" gets full of grass and dirt post swing.

My question in regards to the RocketBlades Irons is..."will the Speed Pocket on the Irons act as a scoop and fill with grass/dirt and compromise my distance/ball flight, when I take a healthy divot with these irons?"

I am looking forward to the answer...as I am shopping for a new Christmas Gift..

Cheers!

Patrick HENNESSY
[/quote]

The Speed Pocket is filled with polyurethane in the 3- thru 7-irons and will not be influenced by dirt or debris. Thanks for the question.

- BB
[/quote]
Not sure if I can have a follow up question, but is there any concern or game play difference between Hot and Cold weather? No knowing that the speed pocket is full of PU..is there hardening in cold climate? resulting in a different sound and feel..same question for hot climate??

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1351196735' post='5846039']
[quote name='3eagles18' timestamp='1351196490' post='5846011']
Didn't answer either of my questions and I play TM.
[/quote]

They cannot answer them all you know...
[/quote]

I just wish more people would actually read the thread instead of wasting the TM reps time with answering the same questions again and again! How many times did guys ask if they were gonna make a 2 iron!

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351186046' post='5844893']
[quote name='r34civic' timestamp='1351095187' post='5839201']
How are you able to get consistent ball speed with the slot technology?
[/quote]

Tour pros demand precise distance-control in their irons, more so than distance. Previous fast-faced irons typically have a “hot spot” high on the face that promotes a jump in distance. Tour pros don’t want that unpredictability, and thus have steered clear of distance irons. The Speed Pocket gives RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons a faster clubface without a hot spot, which is why RocketBladez Tour is the first distance iron played on Tour.

- BW
[/quote]
That is the answer I was looking for!!! Bring on the Tour set. Guess I know where my tax refund is going!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351195583' post='5845951']
GolfWRX Community,

Thank you for hosting us inside your walls for today's live chat regarding the RocketBladez Tour irons. We [u]always[/u] appreciate the opportunity to talk directly with golfers who have questions about our new products and today was no different. Your questions were interesting, challenging and fast and furious and we did our best to answer as many as we could this afternoon.

We genuinely enjoyed the conversation and hope you have a chance to try the RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons very soon. In the meantime, we encourage you to please direct any additional questions regarding the irons to our social media team on [url="http://www.facebook.com/TaylorMadeGolf"]Facebook[/url] or [url="http://www.twitter.com/taylormadegolf"]twitter[/url].

TaylorMade Golf
[/quote]
Thanks for taking the time TaylorMade. We appreciate the inside info. GolfWrx is a great site with great contacts in the industry. Nice Q&A today TM.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='OspreyCI' timestamp='1351203109' post='5846469']
[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351186046' post='5844893']
[quote name='r34civic' timestamp='1351095187' post='5839201']
How are you able to get consistent ball speed with the slot technology?
[/quote]

Tour pros demand precise distance-control in their irons, more so than distance. Previous fast-faced irons typically have a “hot spot” high on the face that promotes a jump in distance. Tour pros don’t want that unpredictability, and thus have steered clear of distance irons. The Speed Pocket gives RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons a faster clubface without a hot spot, which is why RocketBladez Tour is the first distance iron played on Tour.

- BW
[/quote]
That is the answer I was looking for!!! Bring on the Tour set. Guess I know where my tax refund is going!
[/quote]

+1

OK before everyone calls me a hater, please just listen to logic.

The answers say most distance is gained in the 3 and 4 irons, coincidentally the irons with the most strengthened loft.

The short irons will see less benefit from the speed pocket etc, again coincidentally the clubs with least strengthened loft as the gaps are staggered to ensure the PW has 45 degrees...

Did you check out the comparison of robot testing... Turns out the rocketblades 6 iron goes 11 yards further than an AP2 2012 6 iron. Well yes, failes to mention the rocketblades 6 iron has LESS loft than a AP2 5 IRON!!

Its all nonsense, but who am I. Nobody. So I'll quote Tom Wishons 24/38 rule. Well the 6 iron just fits in.

I still play TM irons, 300's are as good a set as have been made.

Call me a hater if you like, I'm only trying to help.

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351192223' post='5845663']
[quote name='displayname' timestamp='1351140700' post='5842665']
If the speed slot is the true technology allowing extra forgiveness and increased accuracy, can we expect to see an actual blade or slight muscle back with a seed slot. Allowing for more feel, tour look/workability, lower flight, but still get that forgiveness and consistent shots on thin shots, or slightly off center shots?
[/quote]

[b]Is this something you'd like to see? Overall, we're excited about this new technology and the possibilities it provides.[/b]

[b]- BB[/b]
[/quote]

This is absolutely something I would like to see. I think many players move to muscle backs and blades for various reasons. Ego is an obvious reason many players force themselves to use blades and MB's. But some players just flat out struggle with hitting the ball to high. Others love the thin sole for workability and for digging the ball out of various lies. Others just prefer the look/feel. But if we can get a true blade and/or a true muscle back with a little extra forgiveness, the lower flight then the RBladez Tour, with added consistency that the Bladez line is claiming, I think you would have a great product. If you can prove that the technology improves consistency in blade/mb format, even at traditional lofts, I think it would strike interest of better players, and allot of of players with lesser abilities would take notice. I personally would love to see a blade/mb with the speed slot, and open the possibilities of more mixed set options.

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351189307' post='5845313']
[quote name='CTEagle' timestamp='1351119147' post='5841199'] Are there any plans to come out with a utility iron with speed pocket technology? [/quote]

[b]Is that something you would like to see? -[/b][b]BB[/b]
[/quote]

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!

[quote name='gticlay' timestamp='1351102675' post='5839907']
Question for TaylorMade, hopefully not too long!

Yesterday, on the TM site, I asked why the Tour version won't be out until Feb and you said you are still working with your staff on the sole design so perhaps you haven't finalized everything. I noticed you are basing the set off a 47* PW. The problem I have with these increasingly lower loft PW's (despite the claim that the CoG requires less loft) is that I simply hit them too far. With a retail R9 TP and KBS Tour X shaft, I average about 155 to 160 with my PW (with the ability to hit it further if I have to, that's not a 100% swing), 125-130 with my 54* ATV and about 110 with my 60 ATV. As you can see, there's some big gaps - particularly between my PW and 54*.

Anyway, my question is what criteria and goals do you have when designing a set, and why are the lofts so strong, even in a players set? I've seen some of your tour pros resort to, for example, a 48* TM xft wedge bent weak and in the ATV wedges, you don't even make one anymore! I am planning to play the new Tour irons, but looking for a solution to my problem. THANKS!

PS, I'd really love to win one of those sets :D
[/quote]

SUPER disappointed that I took the time to ask this question and it was ignored. Whatever.

GolfWRX Community,

TaylorMade Golf
[/quote]
Disappointed you didn't answer the people that took the time to ask questions the day before. I had to work (to pay for golf, don't ya know) during the day but took time to ask a very important (to me) question ahead of time to "insure" it would be answered. Oh well, whatever.

[quote name='gticlay' timestamp='1351224623' post='5848083']
GolfWRX Community,

TaylorMade Golf
[/quote]
Disappointed you didn't answer the people that took the time to ask questions the day before. I had to work (to pay for golf, don't ya know) during the day but took time to ask a very important (to me) question ahead of time to "insure" it would be answered. Oh well, whatever.
[/quote]

i asked a question the day before and mine was answered. no need to bash them just because they only answered 300+ questions and didn't answer 300+yours. your first paragraph didnt even have a question, just talked about how awesomely far you are with you 90% wedges.

and ill answer your question for you, the lofts are strong because with the weight re distributed down on the club head it launches the ball higher, thus a need for a stronger loft to keep the launch window at a proper height and not have you hitting straight into the air.

[b]once everyone hits these irons they need to ignore what the loft is and focus on what the launch angle is[/b]

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Lefty66' timestamp='1351095893' post='5839267'][list]
[*]I am interested to know why the tour irons are not offered in left hand? Will this change in the future?
[/list]
[/quote]

Thanks for the time and opportunity. I think the above posting and all similar posts are important enough to repeat.

My question is this: most in the golf community know that TMAG's advertising has been based on claims of increased distance for some time. With USGA/R&A rules effectively limiting important variables of distance, what are your plans for future designs as distance becomes less important in the realm of golf technology? Until then, is there any effort being made to release a line of better-player's clubs with a more traditional approach to distance/lofts, cosmetics/materials, and branding in general?

I'd also like to know why Taylormade's promo video for this product speaks of "loft lowering," as one in a long line of TMAG performance breakthroughs? I'm wondering what aspect of the game you've seen loft lowering improve on and how/why the RBladez's continuation of that theme will help the average golfer shoot lower scores?

Much thanks again!

PING G25 10º VTS Silver 6S / Adams F11 Ti 15º Fujikura Fuel 6S / Nike SQ2 21º Prolaunch Platinum 7S /
PING i20 23º PJX Black 5.5 / PING i-E1 5-UW Pro Modus3 Tour 105R
Cleveland 588 RTX Forged 55º / Taylormade Spiderblade 35"

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1351225359' post='5848149']
GolfWRX Community,

TaylorMade Golf
[/quote]
[/quote]

i asked a question the day before and mine was answered. no need to bash them just because they only answered 300+ questions and didn't answer 300+yours. your first paragraph didnt even have a question, just talked about how awesomely far you are with you 90% wedges.

and ill answer your question for you, the lofts are strong because with the weight re distributed down on the club head it launches the ball higher, thus a need for a stronger loft to keep the launch window at a proper height and not have you hitting straight into the air.

[b]once everyone hits these irons they need to ignore what the loft is and focus on what the launch angle is[/b]
[/quote]

+1. Mine was asked the day before and answered as well... Last time there was a live q&a mine didn't get answered... It's luck of the draw man, sheesh.

[quote name='carpergolf' timestamp='1351254966' post='5848839']
can you buy a 5- AW set up??
[/quote]

I'd bet absolutely for sure.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351192357' post='5845673']
[quote name='Llortamaisey' timestamp='1351168332' post='5843295']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1351128182' post='5841829']
So...what is the deal with Wilson?
[/quote]

I'll be interested to see if they address the Wilson Reflex issue.
[/quote]

Please see #247.

Thanks.

- BB
[/quote]

I didn't really ask a question. It was more of a thought, but thanks for answering it nonetheless.

[quote name='carpergolf' timestamp='1351254966' post='5848839']
can you buy a 5- AW set up??
[/quote]Take the time to read the discussion. That was answered in the discussion[i] more than once[/i]. At that you can even search this particular thread using the search tools the forum provides.

If you don't have the time to research the answer before asking (i.e. The thread is too long!), what makes you think I have the time to give you the answer? If a co worker asks a question that has been answered already, I just point them to where they can get the answer. I refuse to give it to them. I'm not going to enable/contribute to their laziness. How many have been asked the same question 5 times? TM was asked that quest in this thread at least 5 times, and answered it more than once. ;)

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

GolfWRX Community,

TaylorMade Golf
[/quote]
[/quote]

Seriously? For real? You aren't trolling with this post? If this is for real, this is the saddest example of dipshittery I've ever seen on ANY message board. Holy cow. Maybe, just maybe, had you gotten to your question less than 3000 words into a post about how awesomely far you hit the ball, it might have been answered. Man, this place is sad sometimes.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1351443404' post='5858303']
Hey Hip,

Will the winners are the tour sets be posted in this thread or will there be a new one?

Thanks
[/quote]

+1

Testing: Sim2 8*, Rogue ST TD 9* 

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Callaway Paradym 4-AW Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 56 Denim Copper TI S400

Mizuno MCraft Type VI