Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Do you use your Scotty Cameron headcovers?

Daniel NoonanDaniel Noonan L.O.F.T.Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭
Probably will game mine. What does GolfWrx think?

Comments

• RRFirebladeRRFireblade AKA Jay. Members Posts: 4,782
    edited Nov 1, 2012 #2
    No. I have a few collectibles that will never see the light of day. And I game a custom made head cover.
    XRP 8.5* XS
    XRP #3 XS
    Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
    Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
    Scotty Studio Select Custom
  • Daniel NoonanDaniel Noonan L.O.F.T. Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple still in the bag, and every time I look at them I want to rip them open.
  • TroyeflTroyefl Members Posts: 363
    Kombi headcover in use
  • Daniel NoonanDaniel Noonan L.O.F.T. Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant more along the lines of the limited releases, like the halloween or U.S. open headcovers.
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I use lime green industrial CT headcovers. I don't collect head covers or putters to sit and be pretty. If I own it they are fair game
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly use my custom cover by Delila, but I do rotate some of my Cameron covers in sometimes.

Cameron Covers: 2010 Halloween, 2011 Club Cameron, 2011 leather Masters, Custom Shop Turbo Blue, Titleist Script, and the stock Studio Select cover.
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
    iteachgolf wrote:

I use lime green industrial CT headcovers. I don't collect head covers or putters to sit and be pretty. If I own it they are fair game

Then you don't collect collectables. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

At least not anymore. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    XRP 8.5* XS
    XRP #3 XS
    Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*

iteachgolf wrote:

Then you don't collect collectables. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

At least not anymore. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm sure theyre plenty collectible still I just use them. I'm sure I'd feel different if I paid thousands for them. I'm pretty sure my weld neck mid slant circa 62 would be collectible as I've never seen another one image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Eh , probably depends on the buyer and intended price range.
    XRP 8.5* XS
    XRP #3 XS
    Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*

I think anything rare and tour from Scotty can be deemed collectible. Always depends on the buyer. I have a stand bag filled with tour Scotty's with CT or limited release headcovers. I just use them rather than let them collect dust.
    edited Nov 1, 2012 #12
    iteachgolf wrote:

I think anything rare and tour from Scotty can be deemed collectible. Always depends on the buyer. I have a stand bag filled with tour Scotty's with CT or limited release headcovers. I just use them rather than let them collect dust.

Will obviously.

What I guess I mean is if you buy a rare true 'collectable' and you pull it out of the package and start playing with it , you've just cost yourself (potentially) a ton of it's 'value'. Of course some one out there will still probably buy it. But not another collector and not at it's original NIB value.

If that doesn't matter , then it doesn't matter.....

If I was going to play with it then "I" wouldn't have bought that 'collectable' in the first place , you certainly don't need a thousand dollar head cover on a golf course. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

No biggie , just saying. (IMO)
    XRP 8.5* XS
    XRP #3 XS
    Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
    I didn't buy them...which like I said sways my thinking. Plus they could be restored if I wanted them to
    Mmm.......

K.
    XRP 8.5* XS
    XRP #3 XS
    Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gamed an '07 Vegas for the past 5 seasons. On the other hand, I have a few that'll never see anything but the fluorescent light in my office while on display.
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-9 DGTI X100
    Callaway MD4 Raw 46S, 52S, 56W, 60C DGTI 115
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 9,115 ClubWRX
    I only have about 5 covers so hardly a collector. I only game mass produced covers. Any ltd production ones just sit around.
  • NostraDEIMOSNostraDEIMOS Members Posts: 129
    I collect somewhat.. I recently got tired of them just sitting there so I started opening a couple and put them in rotation
  • TrumanTruman Members Posts: 568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the cover that comes with the putter. I never use the collectibles.
  • WoodridgeWoodridge Earl of Aberdovey ChicagolandMembers Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the beanie babies of golf equipment. I don't have one for my Scotty, if I did, I don't think I'd use it, if ONLY because it screams "steal me".
    Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge Driver
    Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge 3 wood
    Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge 4 wood
    Ram Dave Hill 'Spade Blade' 2-PW
    Pederson SW
    Titleist Bulls Eye 'bullet'

"Let's take a drive, and run with the dogs tonight in Suburbia"
  • GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I use mine. Some people collect but I would assume they bought just the headcover and not the

putter. Mine came with the putter so I use them.
  • pgagreg1pgagreg1 Members Posts: 670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use them usually for a year and then give them away this year is the purple hula girls
  • bladestrikerbladestriker No. Cal.Members Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I used to collect the headcovers and Napa/Newport putters....all just sat in a room! It was a waste in my opinion, I try and game everything I have.

file-3.jpg
    ‘16 M2 10.5º AD-DI 75X
    M2 tour 3 wood Kuro Kage 70x
    JPX 900 tour 4-PW PX lz 6.5
    Vokey 52º 56º 60º-PX lz 6.0
    Scotty Cameron AoP Newport 2 
    "I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean
  • KrazyTrain18KrazyTrain18 Members Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but only the standard Newport silver 3 cherry dot one.
    915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
    910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
    712U 2I (DG S300)
    714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
    SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)
    TP5
  • Kadin 25Kadin 25 BIG K Members, Featured Writer Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I used mine until my wife got me a Delila cover for our anniversary.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                    Editor Product Reviews
                    Product Tester/Review Panel
                    Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                    See ya on the green...Kadin

• tesuquegolfertesuquegolfer Members Posts: 1,661
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! I am always looking on eBay for a good buy and am always amazed at what a POS someone is trying to sell, it looks like they have been using it as a hammer. I guess it is a personal preference as i have a good friend that never cleans his clubs and doesn't use head covers, they all look like sh!t but it doesn't seem to affect his play.
  • mljones99mljones99 Members Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I game all of mine. I have 4 that I rotate between (2005 Vegas, 2010 Vegas, 2012 Vegas, and 2011 Hula). If I won't game it, I don't want it.
  • Temple23Temple23 Members Posts: 115
    I've had several Scotty's and I never use the headcovers. A). because i can't stand the velcro; B). To preserve the headcover in advance of re-selling the putter. I like to take off the headcover and keep it in my pocket as opposed to putting it on the ground or somewhere else. The size doesn"t lend itself to that. It would be great if they had magnetic closures instead, that's my preference. I've seen comments from posters who've said that they have sewn their own magnets in them but tha's too much trouble for me...
  • feedlotdocfeedlotdoc Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any collectibles, but I have always wondered if having one of them and using it would be saying, "steal me" as someone above stated. Having said that, the new hc that came with the black SS this year will not stay on at all. I have some shop credit and will be ordering a custom AME hc this winter.
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    feedlotdoc wrote:

I don't have any collectibles, but I have always wondered if having one of them and using it would be saying, "steal me" as someone above stated. Having said that, the new hc that came with the black SS this year will not stay on at all. I have some shop credit and will be ordering a custom AME hc this winter.

Most people don't know that Scotty Cameron does limited headcovers, let alone what they look like. If anything, the stock headcovers have the "steal me" factor. Because if they are bold enough to steal the headcover, why not take the putter too?
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • trickeytrickey Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I have, and game, a Scotty 2003 Maple, 2009 U.S. Open, 2010 British Open, 2012 Cameron Club, 2012 U.S. Open. Also a bunch of OTR covers (a couple yellow Studio Designs, a Studio Select, Pro Platinum, etc.)

I figure it's not worth having unless you use them. Although I do have 2 Maples. One I keep nice.

I also usually bring my putter/headcover in with me when I go into the pro shop or clubhouse. Just in case.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file