Competitors bags that scare you.

14567810»

Comments

• jmcorr4jmcorr4 Members Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Worn carry bag with Winged Foot logo. Newer Titleist Driver, a little beat up, no head cover , older Taylor Made Tour Spoon with a Walker Cup head cover. Old blades, worn wedges & the really beat up Bullseye putter. Dead meat. Haha!
  • cgasuckscgasucks Members Posts: 2,186 ✭✭
    jmcorr4 wrote:

Worn carry bag with Winged Foot logo. Newer Titleist Driver, a little beat up, no head cover , older Taylor Made Tour Spoon with a Walker Cup head cover. Old blades, worn wedges & the really beat up Bullseye putter. Dead meat. Haha!

I almost crapped my pants just imagining that bag...
    10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
    Titleist DCI 990 Irons (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold shafts in S300
    Taylormade ATV 54 deg & 58 deg wedges with stock KBS shafts
    Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
    Ping Anser 2 Stainless Steel Putter
  • Mulligan26Mulligan26 Members Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    I would never play anyone for $$$ if they had a winged foot bag or a walker cup headcover
    Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
    Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
    Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
    Cameron Squareback.
    ProV1x

Assistant Professional
    PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"
  • stage1350stage1350 If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. Members Posts: 10,238 ✭✭
    I think I tightened a few sphinchters yesterday with I teed up with a persimmon driver from the tips. Worse when I was outdriving them.
    Tour Issue Bridgestone J715 B5 9.5° / Project X T1100 75g 6.5 flex ___OR___ TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX
    TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5 flex ______________ TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX
    TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5 flex____________ TC Callaway Epic hybrid 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X
    DLC Black Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7_________ Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
    DLC Black Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54°&60 / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7___ Scratch FIT DS 54°&60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
    Bettinardi BB2 Prototype Copper Plated _______________________________ Scratch McCoy 8802 handmade

They can keep erasing this. They simply prove my point... censors.
  • ap1_alanap1_alan Members Posts: 284
    stage1350 wrote:

I think I tightened a few sphinchters yesterday with I teed up with a persimmon driver from the tips.

Tightened a few sphincters? I don't want to ask what you planned on doing with that wood.
  • Stick ShootinStick Shootin Members Posts: 103
    ap1_alan wrote:

stage1350 wrote:

I think I tightened a few sphinchters yesterday with I teed up with a persimmon driver from the tips.

Tightened a few sphincters? I don't want to ask what you planned on doing with that wood.

HAHA^ Too funny! Clubs and bags don't scare me for whatever reason, but I can tell if someone is a player by the way they carry themselves on the golf course.
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,831 ✭✭
    leathery skin

skip the range

no glove

no idea what model of irons they have

faded bag with mismatched head covers

untied shoes

hungover, a disheveled and glazed look
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • somaplrsomaplr Vaya con Dios, Brah Members Posts: 3,974
    CARDY wrote:
    leathery skin skip the range no glove no idea what model of irons they have faded bag with mismatched head covers untied shoes hungover, a disheveled and glazed look

Same here.

No equipment really does it for me. But if they look like Kevin Costner in "Tin Cup" walking up to the tee...beware.
    Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
    TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
    TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
    Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
    Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
    OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang
  • TeeroyTeeroy Members Posts: 22
    Any bag with clubs in it because I suck!!!
  • scs1070scs1070 Members Posts: 1,460 ✭✭
    Old worn out Ping carry bag with some worn out blades.
  • MountainKingMountainKing Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭

That spot is a groove low no matter whose club it is. Hit a ball there and you get that solid but click feeling. Hit it 1 groove higher and get that sensational feeling that cannot be described. Then again, Mo Norman (worlds best ball striker) said you should hit it it a groove low for some reason. I disagree. On the other hand... I have different fingers

It may or may not be low depending where the center of gravity on on that head is. I know in the past it was very common for touring pros to have the club weighted so the sweet spot was moved lower on the irons since most touring pros miss on the thin side. I'm not sure if this is still practice or not but given the look of that I would say it is, off the shelf that might be thin but a custom set built for Tiger I'd bet that is the sweet spot.

Taylormade M1 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x
    Taylormade Stage 2 HL Accra FX 300
    Callaway Razr Tour Hybrid 19* Nunchuk
    Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100
    Tour Preferred 50/54 S400
    TM HI Toe 58 ATV S400
    TM Itsy Bitsy

• myspinonitmyspinonit Members Posts: 2,799 ✭✭
    thevaporz wrote:

tumblr_lmkxgjD9Pj1qzzptno1_500.gif

Beauty.
    Ping G400 SFT Driver 12° Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 60
    Ping G400 SFT 3 wood 16° Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 60
    Ping Ping G 7 wood 20.5° Alta 65
    Ping G hybrids 22° & 26° Alta 70
    Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
    Vokey SM6 49.07F; SM4 54.11M & 58.09S (or 60.07S)  Steelfiber i80
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5 CB 34”

• Man In The MiuraMan In The Miura Heee heee heee! Members Posts: 1,011 ✭✭
    I get the shivers when I can't tell what type of irons a guy is playing because they are so smeared with lead tape.
  • MattTheTaffMattTheTaff Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused Members Posts: 2,252
    CARDY wrote:

leathery skin

skip the range

no glove

untied shoes

Sounds like my club.

A lot of men turn up a bit worse for wear on a Sunday morning and they still have the faculties to take your money
    Titleist 905R - 10.5°
    Titleist 904f - 17°
    Cleveland Mashie - 20.5°
    Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
    Cleveland 588 Forged 54°/60°
    Wilson Staff 8882
  • jmcorr4jmcorr4 Members Posts: 130 ✭✭
    cgasucks wrote:

jmcorr4 wrote:

I almost crapped my pants just imagining that bag...
    Thanks, you made me laugh & its been a crappy day. Play work golf today with the CEO of the company I work for and I played bad. Ugh what a day. When I lived in Fla. my best friend was the guy with the beat up old Bullseye, Tommy Armour 845's with the original grips and the guy was always in the 70's. I watched him make so many putts with that old putter. The rest of that bag is a great friend of mine I grew up with and he hits it so good, scary.
  • ucdan5ucdan5 Members Posts: 718 ✭✭
    CARDY wrote:

leathery skin

skip the range

no glove

untied shoes

I would sh*t myself too if I had to play against Bernhard Langer for money. He fits this description to a tee.
    Nike Str8t Fit w/ Accra Dymatch 2.0 MT60
    TEE CB4 15* Fujikura Rombax 7V05
    TEE CB4 19* Matrix Studio 94
    Adams CMB w/ Recoil Prototypes 110 F4 4-GW
    Miura 1957 55C Modus3 Tour 120
    Fourteen MT28V5 60* Modus3 Tour 120
    <a href="Machine M2A Converter" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>
  • Bunker2Bunker2Bunker2Bunker2 HoselRocketMan Members Posts: 122
    Franzen wrote:

Six pages and still nobody mentioned having a 48 degree Vokey instead of the pitching wedge from the iron set...

Haha, that's me and trust me you would take my money all day long. Funny thing is, I hit it further than my 9-iron.
    R15 9.5 (neutral) Black Tie 8M3 X
    17* V-Steel Aldila NV Green 85x
    Apex UT 21 Modus 3 130x
    Srixon Z745 4-P Modus 3 130x
    Vokey 48 * bent to 50* C-Taper 130x, Cleveland Tour Issue RTX 2.0 Raw 54* and 60* Nippon Tour Issue WV115
    Machine Fat Back 38"
    ProV1x/RZN Platinum/Tour D
    Nike FI Impact 2
    Leupold GX3i
  • edLmuldoonedLmuldoon Muldoonigan Members Posts: 373
    So essentially I'm learning nothing about my bag, swagger, or dress is intimidating....hahaha
    Honma G1X 9.5*
    TaylorMade SLDR S HL *17
    Titleist 915h 19*
    Mizuno MP-54 4-PW
    Ping Tour-S Rustique *52, *56, and 60*
    Scotty Cameron - Art of Putting Newport 34"
  • clubgolferclubgolfer Just a ClubGolfer Members Posts: 165
    The older bloke with a deep tan, deep squinty eyes, toe worn out on his right golf shoe and carrying a 1 iron.....BEWARE image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />:)image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />