Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

specialtony

Every time I go to a local thrft store I always take a look at the random golf clubs there. I am always hoping some poor granny donated her husbands new clubs that she didnt know about! I know my girlfriend would probably donate mine if I died..she thinks I got them all at unbelievable deals! Post your thrift store finds.....

[size=2]Most Current:
M1 Dr
F7 5w
816H1 hyb.
King forged Pro cb/mb
52, 56, 60 sm6
DD201 WB longneck [/size]

I find that most just have knock off stuff. I guess local guys are aware they can buy it cheap there then sell it elsewhere for more. I think stuff gets taken quickly.

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

I found a wedge in bin at a local antique store about a month ago -- a Macgregor model. I guessed 1930s vintage, that had two swastikas stamped on it. I didn't get it because the wife was with me and she said it would have bad karma. I looked it into a little and it apparently used to be a common thing to do. The swastikas were symbols of good luck until the Germans got hold of them.

My latest finds were golf bags. I picked up a Srixon golf bag for $16. A week later I was there when they set out a Cobra staff bag and Nike Tour Accuracy staff bag with a Heineken logo on it. Each bag was $8. I can never figure out how they price things at my Goodwill. The Srixon bag was well used.The Cobra bag looked new and the Nike was in great shape.

This isn't quite the same as walking into goodwill it was however from their online site. I always check for books on shopgoodwill.com and they also have some ebay account for various goodwill stores in different cities. I just got this today when I got home from work. It is "Pete Dye Golf Courses Fifty Years of Visionary Design". I got it for $8.95. I opened it up and on the title page I found this.....

[attachment=1442665:pete dye.jpg]

[quote name='DiaBetic WooKie' timestamp='1354750944' post='6024505']
This isn't quite the same as walking into goodwill it was however from their online site. I always check for books on shopgoodwill.com and they also have some ebay account for various goodwill stores in different cities. I just got this today when I got home from work. It is "Pete Dye Golf Courses Fifty Years of Visionary Design". I got it for $8.95. I opened it up and on the title page I found this.....

[attachment=1442665:pete dye.jpg]
[/quote]

Holy crap! Talk about a bonus, very nice DW.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I picked up my current set of irons, some rare taylormade tpf forged blades. $30, pulled the r300's that were in them and sold em for $25, got a set of x100's for 15 and put them in, loved em so much that I sold my trusty macgregor pro cm gun metals.

Incredible deal as they are in superb condition. One if the purest looking blades ever, imo

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1354767765' post='6025787']
I picked up my current set of irons, some rare taylormade tpf forged blades. $30, pulled the r300's that were in them and sold em for $25, got a set of x100's for 15 and put them in, loved em so much that I sold my trusty macgregor pro cm gun metals.

Incredible deal as they are in superb condition. One if the purest looking blades ever, imo
[/quote]
You talking about these Fore?

[attachment=1443029:TP Blade.jpg]

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1354769084' post='6025865']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not a big fan of the toe on those, but dang they look good. Don't think I've ever seen those.

[quote name='specialtony' timestamp='1354736129' post='6023339']
Every time I go to a local thrft store I always take a look at the random golf clubs there. I am always hoping some poor granny donated her husbands new clubs that she didnt know about! I know my girlfriend would probably donate mine if I died..she thinks I got them all at unbelievable deals! Post your thrift store finds.....
[/quote]

Why start a thread without having a find yourself?

Ive got a bunch of clothes in my trunk that I have to drop off at some place. Last time I went to the local stop it was only a bunch of clubs that I wouldnt even take if they were free.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote name='deelee' timestamp='1354771775' post='6026007']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of all the dumb topics being created these days, you are gonna complain about him starting this one and not posting his own find? Where did you come up with that criteria? You didn't even post one!

Just to appease you, I picked up a set of Tommy Armour V-25 forged blades for $25. Still wish I had them but think I sold them for about $100.

I was posting because Im not sure if it is even possible to find a good deal. The best I have ever done is some left handed persimmon woods that are other wise hard to cme across and a Cobra stand bag in new condition for ten bucks. I figured someone would have found some pretty good deals for a few bucks.

[size=2]Most Current:
M1 Dr
F7 5w
816H1 hyb.
King forged Pro cb/mb
52, 56, 60 sm6
DD201 WB longneck [/size]

[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1354783660' post='6026279']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of all the dumb topics being created these days, you are gonna complain about him starting this one and not posting his own find? Where did you come up with that criteria? You didn't even post one!

Just to appease you, I picked up a set of Tommy Armour V-25 forged blades for $25. Still wish I had them but think I sold them for about $100.
[/quote]

Usually when someone starts a topic like this it goes........I was at the thrift store the other day and found a killer deal on (insert noun). Post your best deals from a thrift store. Something to that effect.

My wife managed a thrift shop for a non-profit org. for a few years right out of college and was able to purchase a set of Eye 2's 3-SW for $50 before they even hit the sales floor. They were even red dot which fit her specs perfectly.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

[quote name='deelee' timestamp='1354803507' post='6026833']
[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1354783660' post='6026279']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Usually when someone starts a topic like this it goes........I was at the thrift store the other day and found a killer deal on (insert noun). Post your best deals from a thrift store. Something to that effect.
[/quote]

I know that's how they typically go, but why does it make it any less of a thread because he didnt? The question just makes it sound like he's wasting everyone's time.

[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1354771117' post='6025981']
[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1354769084' post='6025865']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not a big fan of the toe on those, but dang they look good. Don't think I've ever seen those.
[/quote]

Yeah those are the ones! I've got some pics in my witb, I changed the paint to candy apple green. The toe looks wierd in that pic, I need to post up some address pics, they are awesome.

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

I have yet to find anything anywhere. I scour the used bins and Play it Again (although there prices are crazy high), thrift shops. I'm lefty so I know that I will never find any gems, but even righty gems that I can flip. I was at a thrift store the other day and they had about 10 clubs. All were late 80's/early 90's metal woods. Like the 1st ones and not even good ones. Wouldn't take them if you paid me. Maybe one of these days.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

Just gotta keep looking.

I've gotten some gems from play it again sports,too.

983e 8.5, mint for $15
Kirk currie brazos $7
Adams bty 8.5 driver with a 70x protopype, they wanted $30 I gave them an old pair of shoes and about 40 balls from my shag bag for it, sold the head and have the shaft in my driver now.

I mostly look for old rare blades or sweet mizuno stuff. Last week I picked up a John Byron copper Cush for $5

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

Not a thrift store story but my father in law has started to play more golf and is still using a custom made set that are probably 20 years old with Xstiff shafts. He even plays an old Mcgreger 3 wood. He's a very good player and everytime we play together he borrows my Eye2 set to use.

I've been looking for a good used (forgiving) set for him. I found a set of Callaway 2006 Big Bertha P-6 irons with a 5H Heaven hybrd for $39.00 in pretty good shape at the PGA Superstore. I went back in a couple days later and they had the matching Big Bertha 3 wood for $14.00. Stopped at Golfsmith and used a $10.00 off card I've had for awhile to pick up new grips for them. At lunch today I picked up a Cally HyperX 10 deg with reg shaft for him for $29.00 there as well.

[attachment=1443271:Big Bertha.jpg]

They'll make a great Christmas present for him.

TM Stealth Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue Velocore S

TM SIM2 Max 3W 15 - Black Tour AD Di7 S

Ping G425 Hybrid 19 - Ping Tour 85 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7) ZX7 (8-W) Modus 120 S

Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 -50, 54, 58, DG Tour Spinner

Scotty Cameron Newport Select Custom 2015 model

My son found this cool vintage Hoofer at our local Goodwill in some undisclosed location in Texas :wave: . Material is a very thick canvas in a herringbone weave- very unlike todays materials. Bonus find - when he unzipped the large pocket, there was a brand new pair of FJ saddle shoes that he passed on to a buddy. Set him back $3 - not bad.

[quote name='nalimgus' timestamp='1354913617' post='6034779']
My son found this cool vintage Hoofer at our local Goodwill in some undisclosed location in Texas :wave: . Material is a very thick canvas in a herringbone weave- very unlike todays materials. Bonus find - when he unzipped the large pocket, there was a brand new pair of FJ saddle shoes that he passed on to a buddy. Set him back $3 - not bad.
[/quote]

Hey nice find. They definitely don't make them like they used to, aside from the staff bags.