2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Thieves!

Hoselrocket08

You know what I hate? Thieves.

Long story short, I was at the course today playing in this fantastic Midwestern early winter day (You know, the typical Midwestern day where it rained, snowed, hailed, and then turned sunny and 45 degrees all in the same day). My buddy and I are playing a course we've never played before but heard great things about. I got a Hot Deal on GolfNow and we ended up playing for $20 a piece. Great deal.

Anyways, I went inside the clubhouse to check in and left my bag sitting outside for less than 5 minutes while I got us all checked in. Don't get me wrong, my clubs aren't tour issue or Miura's or anything special, but God dammit they're mine. I worked to pay for them, got the clubs that I hit well, and have resisted the urge to change anything because I'm playing half way decent.

I came out of the clubhouse, loaded up our bags, and off we went. We get to the 3rd hole and I'm 100 yards out. Reach into my bag for my Vokey TVD 56* and guess what? It's gone. Disappeared. It was in my bag when I took it out of the back of my car. And now it's gone.

No camera's at the course. So I'm out a TVD. In the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal. And given my profession I shouldn't be surprised that someone took someone else's stuff because I see it happen everyday. But hell... At a very nice course like that? Come on.

I'm guessing the only reason they didn't take my putter is that they figured it was a POS based on the cover that is on it, which I guess I'm thankful for.

End of rant, just had to get it off my chest.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really sucks. I don't even know how people are able to do this type of thing, I know I wouldn't have the balls to do it, nor would I want to.

Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

I had a brand new snowboard and binding stolen - didn't even get to ride it.

Feel your pain brah....

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hoselrocket08' timestamp='1351999160' post='5888437']

Long story short, I was at the course today playing in this fantastic Midwestern early winter day (You know, the typical Midwestern day where it rained, snowed, hailed, and then turned sunny and 45 degrees all in the same day). My buddy and I are playing a course we've never played before but heard great things about. I got a Hot Deal on GolfNow and we ended up playing for $20 a piece. Great deal.

Anyways, I went inside the clubhouse to check in and left my bag sitting outside for less than 5 minutes while I got us all checked in. Don't get me wrong, my clubs aren't tour issue or Miura's or anything special, but God dammit they're mine. I worked to pay for them, got the clubs that I hit well, and have resisted the urge to change anything because I'm playing half way decent.

I came out of the clubhouse, loaded up our bags, and off we went. We get to the 3rd hole and I'm 100 yards out. Reach into my bag for my Vokey TVD 56* and guess what? It's gone. Disappeared. It was in my bag when I took it out of the back of my car. And now it's gone.

No camera's at the course. So I'm out a TVD. In the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal. And given my profession I shouldn't be surprised that someone took someone else's stuff because I see it happen everyday. But hell... At a very nice course like that? Come on.

I'm guessing the only reason they didn't take my putter is that they figured it was a POS based on the cover that is on it, which I guess I'm thankful for.

[/quote]

Why are people such?? C'mon man!

Sucks you lost your wedge... However i just don't see someone coming up and stealing a single wedge. Not sure why this is hard for me to believe. Wedges sit low in the bag and are the hardest to see, a driver or putter on the other hand can been seen from a distance because of their covers and are immediately targets.

Perhaps the thief lost a 56 and just needed to replace his and he was on the lookout for the proper 56. However i am willing to bet Wedge thefts are much lower than entire bag theft and driver/putter theft.

Luckily a wedge can be had pretty cheap on ebay...Now you have an opportunity to upgrade! :)

Keep playing, there are decent people in the world.

sucks to hear but would it be a possibility you left it on the previous green? not saying it wasn't stolen but just a thought.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Never seen or heard about any equipment being stolen at my club, but come to think of it, its a thieves paradise. Our pro shop is at the back of the building and most people (myself included) leave their bag and clubs sitting on edge of putting green which is 10ft from the car park. A thieve could just drive up, lift your whole bag into the back of the car and be away before you even make it to the pro shop. Dont think there are any cameras either.

Thats awful. I work part time at a very nice private club and I can not tell you how many times I've turned $125 plus wedge or $300 putter in to the pro shop having found it left on the course in hopes that if it ever happened to me that my item would be turned in as well. It's a shame to think (well know. . .I'm in law enforcement as well) that people are like that.

Titleist 917D3 9.5* Diamana LTD White 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana D+ 80S
Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron ProjectX 6.5
Titleist 716CB 4-7 ProjectX 6.5
Titleist 716MB 8-9 ProjectX 6.5
SM6 46 ProjectX 6.5
SM5 50F ProjectX 6.0
SM6 54M, 58M ProjectX 6.0
Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/997741-lefty-2014-witb-all-titleist-with-a-sldr-lol/"]WITB Link[/url]

To answer a few comments...

Absolutely not on leaving it on a green. I pulled it out of h bag before I left the house to clean the grooves, put it back in my bag, got to the course and put the bag at the bag drop while we checked in. It was stolen, plain and simple.

Secondly, it was a TVD Vokey. Not much to upgrade on in my mind lol.

[/quote]

You mean to tell us that you come here and you don't own two of everything??? Is that even allowed???

;-) Sorry about your loss. I hate thieves. Last year walked outside and found our car up on blocks, all four wheels and tires gone!! Right from our driveway!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='HackerDave' timestamp='1353677458' post='5968841']

[/quote]

You mean to tell us that you come here and you don't own two of everything??? Is that even allowed???

;-) Sorry about your loss. I hate thieves. Last year walked outside and found our car up on blocks, all four wheels and tires gone!! Right from our driveway!!
[/quote]

Note to self: do not move to Hacker Dave's neighborhood.
Good.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5* Tensei Blue 65 S 
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16* AeroTech Steel Fiber FC HYB S (+1/2")
Srixon ZU85 4(22*) UST Recoil f3
Callaway Apex ‘21 5/6 UST Recoil SW 780 f4 (+1/2")
Callaway Apex Pro ‘21 7-AW UST Recoil SW 780 f4 (+1/2")
Callaway MD5 Tour 54*S /60*T DG S200 (+1/2")
Toulon San Diego 34” or Odyssey #1 Tank CB 38” 
Callaway Chrome Soft 3's

Thieves suck! My first instinct tells me it was a kid as they usually are less emotionally involved. But it is just unfortunate that people have to resort to taking things from others. My buddy just had his whole bag taken out of his car a couple weeks ago at a high school basketball game. The worst part is my friend comes from a low income household and cannot afford a new set of clubs. I am working as hard as I can to piece together a set for him but it just sucks that things have to happen to certain people..