2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

scratchswinger

Love the history of this site...

Proud to be a member!

Cobra DARKSPEED X [10.5º] TBD

Callaway Epic TC [15º] Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70
Callaway Apex UW [21º] UST Mamiya TSPX LIN-Q Red 7
Callaway Apex '16 [23º] Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 85
Cobra King Tec Utility / King Tour [5 / 6-7-8-9-P-G] KBS $-Taper
Titleist Vokey SM10 Raw [53º - 58º] KBS Tour Wedge Custom Matte Black
Odyssey Toulon Daytona Beach

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1356823062' post='6135545']
Richard,

As one of the old timers who are still around, I'm glad this site is here. It's where I go at home, work, on my phone, iPad, everywhere. I've had experiences that I'll never forget and friends I'll have for a lifetime.It's my home. It's given me more than I ever gave it. :)

And for the record, the Cleveland Launcher Comp was one of the best drivers I've ever used. :D

Tommy
[/quote]

Tommy,

You will never know how many times you said something when someone was waiting for a response that was meaningful. As a new member coming out and posting something... it is important that someone sees merit in what I said and hopefully replies. You have over 10,000 posts!!! You have been there for many. Dont cut yourself short. You have been more than just member.

As I said to Brad above...

[size=4][color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Just because it is odd doesnt make is anything but REAL. We all have bonds here. Not the same as a face to face but in ways even stronger. Our bond is our passion and our vested time here. I respect that and always want to protect it.[/background][/color][/size]

Great read! I've only been here since 2008, but it seems like its passed quickly, and it sure is nice to have a place to talk golf when you can't play it for four months.

Also, maybe its just me, but I've noticed an uptick in the number of thumb ring references coming from you, Stage.....

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Great read, It's nice to know a little more history about the site I seemingly spend hours upon hours everyday on, especially during the winter!

While I have only been a member for just over a year and a clubWRX member for a couple of months, I have been browsing this site for quite alot longer.

Richard, Ryan and the rest of the crew, keep up the great work!

Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

April 2006 for me, I couldn't take the NOISE on the other site, it was indeed very frustrating. After moving my opinions to WRX I realized very rapidly this site was different, I could find real information and offer suggestions without fear of reprisal or worse. I truly feel this site has maintained it's identity throughout time and massive growth, Always good times when you have a home...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

did you guys see I changed my avatar to the old 2004 one?

My avatar has remained the same from BSG to today. Didn't have one at GO.

I remember that Cleveland driver. It was good back then, but still no match for the R510TP "Titanium on the toe" heads. (Tour issue, of course.laugh-1.gif) Backed up by the Royal Collection Super CV B.B.D. Type-H 3-wood, Lehman Box Toe irons, and Cleveland 588 Black "TG" wedges. Sigh.

Problem was, reviews on some of those were deleted. And prices on some were $2,500.00! And if you didn't like it, you were banned until the year 2036. Seriously.

So R & R changed one word: "...for profit" became "...for the golfer", and GolfWRX was born.

My all time favorite interaction on that board was when someone asked a question about the Mitsubishi ShaqX shaft which was always a favorite of mine. Todd responded that it was an outdated shaft and nobody should need one of those with all the new Matrix product that was far superior in not that nice of a way with condescending remarks. One month later they were selling "matte blue" ShaqX with the same great performance for $599. That was when I knew it was an all time low because a handful of guys called him out and they were banned and the one month old thread was deleted. Still baffles me that people were jumping at the bit to buy them too.

Thinking back on it I did have a laugh when I remember the one club I bought from him, a 300 Tour (the one that started it all with the "tour issue" craze IMO) and his PayPal address was at cardboardheroes...LOL. Memory lane for a lot of us I'm sure.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

I have to say that I love having this site to go to for info fun and relaxation. I've been a member for almost three years and those three years have also been the busiest for my company. It's nice to take a short break from work and see what's happening on the boards. And I've learned something from just about everybody who's posted on this thread so far. Great groups here, that's for sure!

Quote:
[quote]That lead me to believe that I was in the wrong place and needed to find a place that wasn't motivated by profit but was motivated by the simple objective to create a place that was for the golfers well being and no other reason. Due to the lack of options out there we started GolfWRX. It was built for golfers by golfers. The owners all have day jobs and careers that do not lean on proceeds from GolfWRX. All the money GolfWRX has made to date has gladly been reinvested in to the site to make it better for the members. We do not sell equipment and will not do so in fear of spinning reviews and opinions.Our passion here on WRX is simple and pure. We do not ever want to fall prey to the lure of the dollar or the need to sacrifice our principles to grow or stay on the top. The internet is a huge place and there is always room for many other golf communities that want to bend the rules of what is right or wrong to gain publicity. We do not want our name drawn into public controversy, rather we will maintain the integrity of our values. Our passion for the game and support for the truth in opinions and reviews is most important.
To be the best Golf Forum on the internet we have to continuously work hard to improve and add improvements here. If we slow down then a better mouse trap will eventually come. [b]We believe that there is and will never be another community or website that has better intentions for the golfer than us. For that reason we feel an obligation to maintain the top position among golf social networks in fear of losing golfers to a site with spin and then to be mislead. That goes to the heart of why we are here. To provide the truth with no spin. To arm the golfer with the best advice so they can make the best decisions and ultimately avoid mistakes.[/b][/quote]
end quote

This is why I am Here (and nowhere else.) Much Respect for this site and its founders/mods. Thank You for all you do for "us." It is appreciated.
:)

Oh boy, reading few comments brought some good memories(and few bad ones). I first started browsing golf forums in 2000(I think) while searching for Cameron putters, GolfOpinions popped up and I joined there. I still have this same user name on all of golf boards that I frequent. It wasn't my 1st choice as an user name that I wanted was already taken on GO.

BH got into a rift with Paul Radetsky of GO so I was one of the first GO members that he emailed about joining BSG. I did enjoy being on BSG at first though. I played a round with Paul when I was in Orlando, got the whole story about the rift. Oh man, I'm not gonna repeat it.

I was an active member at BSG for few years but never really bought anything from him as his prices were always outrageous and that I could get the same items cheaper elsewhere. Got to know Easyyy and few other old-timers over at BSG. Later on, I was less active as I got disgusted with BH's tactics and what he did to me also for reasons that I won't get into as it's all in the past. He even put me on read only for a while for just being a member here. My online friends were getting banned by BH that I was running out of people to converse with. Few funny people such as Stage and few others started to disappear.

Just before WRX went online to public, the founders invited me to check it out. I liked it. Sure traffic was slow at first but I knew if the content grows and being run the proper way if it's possible to say that, the membership will grow. I'm kinda proud that I'm 49th member to join GolfWRX and still very active here. I do see few former mods and administrators of GO and BSG as members here.

I'm sure as long as I'm still living, I'll still be a member here. No doubt of it.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Richard, Ryan, man, I can't believe it's been 50 years already... :tongue: j/k...But it is hard to believe that back then our posts were more like conversations between we few. Would you look at GolfWRX now!

Richard and Ryan, you both are without a doubt the coolest organizers, and with the best intentions of any that I've had the pleasure of working with. It's been my pleasure serving here for the past 6 1/2 years. My how time flies when you're having a great time... :drinks:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I would love to add the story. To save some time I will cut and paste, modify and then add some new. GolfWRX was created by members like you. I will tell the the spark that was put under my xxx that motivated me to think about it.But first some ground work. In the second paragraph here you will understand how and why the following is so important...

We must maintain our friendly and open environment here. Our Marshals and Admins are trusted to help maintain a friendly environment that is clean and respectable within the rules. We must always respect the member and never to make them feel like second rate citizens. As an admin or a member there are words that have been stated from day one...

"take the high road"

"treat others as you would want to be treated"

"lead by example"

What is our Mission? We are here to protect the purity of opinions and the platform to voice those opinions. We want to protect the interests of golfers by providing an unbiased platform to feel proud to contribute to for years to come. Have you ever contributed time in a club or a community and then one day you weren't proud of your association with it? Many of us have been involved in forums or some online social network. There were and are many golf communities on line and the founders, moderators, and many members on GolfWRX became disenchanted with some of those other places and we created WRX. The tipping point for me "easyyy" was after countless hours and years of supporting one of those sites I found a driver I thought was better than the others and began to write reviews and hyping it. It was the Cleveland Comp 460 Driver. I still remember it today. The threads got squashed and pushed off to a dark place where you couldn't see it. I tried to repost but the same thing happened. That driver was not for sale by the owner of the site and they could not profit from the hype. So my hype was not welcome.

That lead me to believe that I was in the wrong place and needed to find a place that wasn't motivated by profit but was motivated by the simple objective to create a place that was for the golfers well being and no other reason. Due to the lack of options out there we started GolfWRX. It was built for golfers by golfers. The owners all have day jobs and careers that do not lean on proceeds from GolfWRX. All the money GolfWRX has made to date has gladly been reinvested in to the site to make it better for the members. We do not sell equipment and will not do so in fear of spinning reviews and opinions.

I can remember countless nights behind the computer. I can remember the conversation I had with a stranger Ryan "Gxgolfer". He was introduced to me by Joe Kwok. I had the idea, the concept, the dream with all the principles that would allow for a great place. But I didnt know how to get it live and functioning. Ryan said that night he would love to help and asked me my timing. I said 2 weeks to get a site live and working???? He laughed out loud. Well I didnt know. A few months later we were up. We started with 80 guys we knew from our years of experience online. We all called our internet golf friends and asked them to come in and hang out.

Ryan work for us for months with no compensation at all. As a matter of fact I can remember when Ryan started to pay for software and services out of his own wallet with only the hopes that we succeed.

Spring of 2005. I work tirelessly to promote the site. I still remember going out on tour 4 to 6 times a year to get Pics. I still remember going to the PGA Show by myself and cover it alone. Hard work and lots of it. But it was much larger than this site. It was to protect the golfer. To prtect the online golfing community. To serve them and offer the unbias place that didnt sell or slanted for profit. I was and still am driven to maintain the platform as it was intended to in the beginning.

Let me say this again. I (and many others) didn't dedicate the last 8 years on this site to make money. This place is not a business as much as it is a sacred place we have built for golfers. We have this special place here that will always stay clean and unbiased. I am fortunate that I don't need the money that we could make here. Money that we have generated here has all gone back to the company to make it better and better. Wait and see what we are going to do next for 2011! I have a career and have always been very lucky and fortunate in my business life. I started WRX not make a buck, but to have a special place were we can be proud to support and be a member.

WRX is first and foremost a place for us to hang. To feel that we can dedicate hours upon hours of our lives adding opinions, developing relationships, starting threads, adding pics and reviews. We add all these hours of our lives here in confidence WRX will not turn around and roach your experience here. Reverse the direction it promised to travel for years. Start selling gear and only propping up what we are selling??? Death card. We would never do that in fear of becoming biased. So when I hear comments that we have changed directions it is painful to read. We have NOT!

I added a lot of time in my life to sites before WRX was around to only find out they weren't a place I could be proud of. They became so poorly managed that the site stopped operating properly or in some cases they became so greedy they put profit before their members.

We started WRX so we would be proud of the community we helped to form. As a member we will want to add this value to WRX because we don't run it as a business but as a place that will stand the test of time. We will always put members first here at WRX. We have and will. I apologize if you had experiences here that made you feel less than what you should have. We aren't perfect. We had times that our Mods were stretched so thin only 2 or 3 of them were effectively managing the place at times.

If you were one of those guys, after the three thousandth violation you might be short too. We had some complaints and we brought on more Mods to help. These are growing pains. I hope you know I am speaking from the heart here.

We are today as we were in the beginning. There have been twists in the road but at the end of the day we are here for the same reasons we were in April of 2005. Built by golfers for golfers!

Lastly... we are only as good as our members. Were are here to support our members. We make all of our decisions with that in mind. I hope you and anyone else can feel as if they can PM or email me if you want to understand that in more detail. I am sooo passionate about this place and for the preservation of our membership, goals and principles I want you to know we will always act in the best interest of or community.

-----

Our passion here on WRX is simple and pure. We do not ever want to fall prey to the lure of the dollar or the need to sacrifice our principles to grow or stay on the top. The internet is a huge place and there is always room for many other golf communities that want to bend the rules of what is right or wrong to gain publicity. We do not want our name drawn into public controversy, rather we will maintain the integrity of our values. Our passion for the game and support for the truth in opinions and reviews is most important.

We offer unique custom packages for the small start up golf company. Why do we give preferred pricing to a small ma and pa shop? We feel that there are great products out there that need to be found. That deserve the seat at the table along with the major Golf Equipment companies and we allow them to afford that here on WRX.

To be the best Golf Forum on the internet we have to continuously work hard to improve and add improvements here. If we slow down then a better mouse trap will eventually come. We believe that there is and will never be another community or website that has better intentions for the golfer than us. For that reason we feel an obligation to maintain the top position among golf social networks in fear of losing golfers to a site with spin and then to be mislead. That goes to the heart of why we are here. To provide the truth with no spin. To arm the golfer with the best advice so they can make the best decisions and ultimately avoid mistakes.

Connecting golfers and promoting the game of golf globally is our what we are doing. Here is a look at the preamble to our rules rewrite we are working on...

Golf is unique among all sports for several reasons. First and foremost is the special relationship that exists among golfers. Although competition is frequently fierce, golfers uniformly treat each other with respect and consideration, both on the course and in their lives. Golfers would never tolerate any action or attitude that would belittle a fellow competitor because of gender, race, nationality, age, or sexual orientation.

Golfers are incredibly generous. Most major competitions are organized to benefit charitable organizations and causes. This special relationship between golfers and those who are less fortunate is indicative of the kind hearts and good fellowship that characterizes the "spirit of the game".

Golfers are not only respectful of the history and traditions of the game but are also dedicated to the future of the game. They support advances in equipment, techniques, and mental approaches that make the game more enjoyable and accessible to future generations. Golfers provide for the continued growth of the game by supporting young people as they enter into our community.

Governing bodies are accepted by the sport as the final authority about the rules of golf. While golfers may not always agree with the actions of these bodies, golfers' respect for the rule-making process supersedes all other considerations. Golfers accept the ruling of these bodies with a reverence that is unparalleled in other sports. Golf's rules are surprisingly simple. Competitors are not only expected to know the rules but to enforce them even when it is to their detriment.

It is around these fundamental principles of our sport and the realities of running an enterprise in the larger legal and ethical environment that the rules of GolfWRX are based.

Richard smile.gif

Simply put.......Awesome! You all have done so well to create this community that we can enjoy. Thanks Richard et al!

Callaway Epic 9.0 w/Mitsu Grand Bassara
Titleist 915F 3W
TMaG 4 Rescue 2011
PXG 0311XF 5-7 Steelfiber
PXG 0311 8-GW Steelfiber
Scotty Newport Notchback 34"
Titleist BV 54 & 58 Wedges

So glad to have stumbled upon this site back in 2006 when I was looking for someone to do fittings in the DC area. 6 years, two kids, and a deployment later it's still a great place to come. I can remember winning one of the Bettinardi Mizuno putters back when they were giving away a different putter for every 100 members. To think I'd be on the trip of a lifetime to Doral with some great dudes because of this site would've been unimaginable. Lots of great people on here and some who aren't (demolition man comes to mind), but the beauty is you can post when you want but it doesn't make the experience any less enjoyable. Keep up the great work!

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1356823062' post='6135545']
Richard,

As one of the old timers who are still around, I'm glad this site is here. It's where I go at home, work, on my phone, iPad, everywhere. I've had experiences that I'll never forget and friends I'll have for a lifetime.It's my home. It's given me more than I ever gave it. :)

And for the record, the Cleveland Launcher Comp was one of the best drivers I've ever used. :D

Tommy
[/quote]

Yep, I'm still partial to Cleveland Launchers drivers, very good heads. BTW, that one certain Cleveland head stamped "TDC", I did own it at one time and right now it's at someone's house up in great NorthWest. :pimp:

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Just...WOW! Thankful Wrx is Wrx!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

did you guys see I changed my avatar to the old 2004 one?

My avatar has remained the same from BSG to today. Didn't have one at GO.

I remember that Cleveland driver. It was good back then, but still no match for the R510TP "Titanium on the toe" heads. (Tour issue, of course.laugh-1.gif) Backed up by the Royal Collection Super CV B.B.D. Type-H 3-wood, Lehman Box Toe irons, and Cleveland 588 Black "TG" wedges. Sigh.

Problem was, reviews on some of those were deleted. And prices on some were $2,500.00! And if you didn't like it, you were banned until the year 2036. Seriously.

So R & R changed one word: "...for profit" became "...for the golfer", and GolfWRX was born.

My all time favorite interaction on that board was when someone asked a question about the Mitsubishi ShaqX shaft which was always a favorite of mine. Todd responded that it was an outdated shaft and nobody should need one of those with all the new Matrix product that was far superior in not that nice of a way with condescending remarks. One month later they were selling "matte blue" ShaqX with the same great performance for $599. That was when I knew it was an all time low because a handful of guys called him out and they were banned and the one month old thread was deleted. Still baffles me that people were jumping at the bit to buy them too.

Thinking back on it I did have a laugh when I remember the one club I bought from him, a 300 Tour (the one that started it all with the "tour issue" craze IMO) and his PayPal address was at cardboardheroes...LOL. Memory lane for a lot of us I'm sure.

I bought a 300 tour from 3 Balls.com. Crazy walk through memory lane.

Boy, it's crazy to see all these old names coming alive. I too was a migrant from GO to BSG. I was quite active back then and even had a close relationship with those guys. I introduced them to some industry people and started the old insiders major pool!!! That was fun! As were the people that helped fuel that site for a long time. People that I see here now. But like the other vets here, i became disenchanted at the direction the site took and came here after Richard invited me. I am very proud to see what GWRX has become thanks to the dedication of those who created it. I am sorry I haven't done as much to contribute as I used to though. I am no longer in the golf business and play very little golf these days. My days of rampant Ho'ing are long gone. I still lurk all the time and feed my GF all the latest scoop as she is tied to a major manufacturer. It makes me happy to see what this has become and I offer a sincere congratulations, both to those who started it and those who continue to fuel it today. This place is a huge part of the golf industry and Richard and the gang should feel very proud of their efforts! Many thank to all those that played a part!!

Anyone remember one of the rarest sets of irons ever that I sold?? The MW TM 300 iron set??? I still see those pics from time to time!! Oh the Ho'ing days...thanks for the stroll down memory lane guys.

Ezgo72

[quote name='lilcaeser' timestamp='1356824404' post='6135673']
well done Richard,,,,,i remember the 'jump' over to WRX never looked back never will ,always looking forward w/ the WRX community ,,,,safe and happy new year to all ,,,,,,,,t
[/quote]

What was your old Avatar? I am trying to think of it.

I joined back in Aug 2005 after finding some pictures of what touring pro's were really playing. I always have been interested in what modifications they had made to their clubs.

I was bouncing around forums and "Newsgroups" (if anyone can remember what those were!) to get my fix back then.

I would like to think I helped create the "benchmark" for what Tour Event pictures SHOULD look like back in this thread in Oct 2005 (using my older user id!).

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/8502-hi-res-michelin-championship-at-las-vegas-pics/

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/8522-michelin-champ-at-las-vegas-picture-thread/page__p__48978__hl__9six4#entry48978

Pictures like this one brought massive interest to the site because no-one had seen SC tour bags before!

post-11-1129075396.jpg

Driver PXG GEN4 0811x (9) / Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White
Fairway:  PXG GEN4 (13) / 14.0 

Hybrid:  PXG 0317 X  PXG GEN4 (19) / Mitsubishi MMT 80
Irons:  PXG PXG GEN4 0311 P (4 - Pw) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Wedge:  PXG Sugar Daddy Forged (50/9, 54/10 and 58/9) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Putter:  PXG Closer, 39.5" ArmLock
Ball:  Bridgestone B X
Bag:  PXG - Fairway White Camo Cary/Stand

I actually stumbled to this site a long time ago when I was looking for a new car (Subaru WRX) then started reading about golf clubs and completely forgot about the car...LOL

Just glad there is a site like GolfWRX, and thanks to its members I'm able to buy and try so many different gears for a good price and get lots of reviews by real golfers at various playing abilities.

Keep up the excellent work!

[size=3][b]Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)[/b][/size]
[color=#000000][size=3]TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 [/size][/color][size=3][color=#000000]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19[/size][/color][size=3][color=#000000] | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6[/color]

[b]Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)[/b]
[color=#000000]Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35[/color][/size]

[quote name='br61' timestamp='1356824760' post='6135705']
Oh boy, reading few comments brought some good memories(and few bad ones). I first started browsing golf forums in 2000(I think) while searching for Cameron putters, GolfOpinions popped up and I joined there. I still have this same user name on all of golf boards that I frequent. It wasn't my 1st choice as an user name that I wanted was already taken on GO.

BH got into a rift with Paul Radetsky of GO so I was one of the first GO members that he emailed about joining BSG. I did enjoy being on BSG at first though. I played a round with Paul when I was in Orlando, got the whole story about the rift. Oh man, I'm not gonna repeat it.

I was an active member at BSG for few years but never really bought anything from him as his prices were always outrageous and that I could get the same items cheaper elsewhere. Got to know Easyyy and few other old-timers over at BSG. Later on, I was less active as I got disgusted with BH's tactics and what he did to me also for reasons that I won't get into as it's all in the past. He even put me on read only for a while for just being a member here. My online friends were getting banned by BH that I was running out of people to converse with. Few funny people such as Stage and few others started to disappear.

Just before WRX went online to public, the founders invited me to check it out. I liked it. Sure traffic was slow at first but I knew if the content grows and being run the proper way if it's possible to say that, the membership will grow. I'm kinda proud that I'm 49th member to join GolfWRX and still very active here. I do see few former mods and administrators of GO and BSG as members here.

I'm sure as long as I'm still living, I'll still be a member here. No doubt of it.
[/quote]

Look out... Bill is in the house. Nice to see you Bill. Did you know we (WRX) bought Golf Opinions? It is live and well. We bought it to preserve it as it was. GO and the original founders there deserve that. I owe that to them and the original name.

I will never forget PRad's WITB with those Firesole Forged TMAg but Miura forged irons. JoshWhit, Mitch2. So many inspired me.

[quote name='ezgo72' timestamp='1356825716' post='6135823']
Boy, it's crazy to see all these old names coming alive. I too was a migrant from GO to BSG. I was quite active back then and even had a close relationship with those guys. I introduced them to some industry people and started the old insiders major pool!!! That was fun! As were the people that helped fuel that site for a long time. People that I see here now. But like the other vets here, i became disenchanted at the direction the site took and came here after Richard invited me. I am very proud to see what GWRX has become thanks to the dedication of those who created it. I am sorry I haven't done as much to contribute as I used to though. I am no longer in the golf business and play very little golf these days. My days of rampant Ho'ing are long gone. I still lurk all the time and feed my GF all the latest scoop as she is tied to a major manufacturer. It makes me happy to see what this has become and I offer a sincere congratulations, both to those who started it and those who continue to fuel it today. This place is a huge part of the golf industry and Richard and the gang should feel very proud of their efforts! Many thank to all those that played a part!!

Anyone remember one of the rarest sets of irons ever that I sold?? The MW TM 300 iron set??? I still see those pics from time to time!! Oh the Ho'ing days...thanks for the stroll down memory lane guys.

Ezgo72
[/quote]

Welcome and look at your join date. LOL. You sold a MW set? How much?

Also did you know we bought GO to protect it and give it the respect it deserves? Its live now... [url="http://www.golfopinions.com"]http://www.golfopinions.com[/url]

The funny thing is that the forum membership is very consistent from site to site, especially when you compare WRX to the other site. The difference in culture is the lack of sales pitch getting in the way.

Amazing what difference that makes...

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Richard,

As one of the longer term members, I can say that I've watched and quietly cheered from the bleachers not uttering more than an agreement or a golf clap here and there. I lurked for years as other forums that I had been on were 'too good for me' or just didn't seem to encourage 'outside' participation.

I don't post a ton now, but when I do, I know my opinion is welcome and I've had tons of great interaction when I do.

You and the entire crew have built something unbelievable. As someone who works in an industry that was built based on the cooperative movement, I applaud you, the Mods, the writers and all of the members who continue to contribute positively.

Back to the Versa thread for me...

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
19* TM SIM Max w/Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex '19 w/KBS Tour
Callaway MD5 54*
Callaway PM Grind '19 58*
Odyssey StrokeLab Ten S (Tour only NO sightline) 33"

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1356792038' post='6133439']
Both of you are old school.

BTW... Ryan and I arnt the only one that spent hours a day. Frank, Jim, John, Kiran, Joe and then Reid (Pitbull808) yikes. Did you know for a few years Reid would wake up and somehow had a system to find out who join the past day. He would then send out a Private Message to each of them every day to welcome them. Every day. Talk about tireless commitment.

Unbelievable.
[/quote]

LOL...would you believe I still send out a few of those "Welcome To GolfWRX" messages once in a while!! Back then when we first started it was a bit easier with 25 at the max a week...now...whheeeeeewww..We're huge. Funny reading how someone went back in time only to see topics started by easyyy and gx to not have any responses. Back in the early days it seemed like our post in the forum were "pm's" with us chatting it up to each other in a thread. It's really neat to see after so many years, guys I remember buying sticks from over at BSG still here and posting. Bill/br61, I still regret giving away the TM driver I bought from you!! Stage/Brad, I still regret selling that copper faced BB2! So many names, and clubs have gone between us all.

We all came from many other forums in the beginning and from those forums took what we felt was the best and brought it here. I remember Richards Beyonce Avatar and I believe Ryan used to have a Shigeki Maruyama cartoon avatar. Me, I've had my boy's big head and mouth for years. Through the years, Richard constantly reminded us of what not to do and best of all he kept the fun in it for us. We probably don't post as much as we used to back when we started but I've never tired of reading the post and definitely looking at the pictures.

We've come a long way from the days where I'd go to the Sony Open with my little digital camera and snap photos of bags for the site. Back then I'd be explaining to the rep's "Yes, I'm from GolfWRX..Golf...W..R..X..it's a internet golf forum". Now..they've seen me enough times at the tourneys, they're saying "Hey Pitbull..want to see the new stuff??!!" and as they new reps would look on the old timer will whisper, "He's from GolfWRX". :D Makes my "job" easier and definitely better for all of you.

I've absolutely loved my days here at GolfWRX as a Moderator. The friendships I've built through the years have been incredible. When the team does get to talk to each other....it's hard not to reminisce about how we started off as such a small group of guys with a little dream to be the first stop for golfers and now we've reached out goal...how do we keep getting better!

From me...the Moderator from Hawaii....ALOHA! Thanks for being part of what I feel is the greatest golf site in the world..and have a Happy and Safe 2013!!! :drinks:

Richard this site is amazing and it truly is a second home. I was on BSG for a while under a different tag for a little while and grew tired of being pushed to buy a $1500 driver. I wasn't nearly as knowledgeable about equipment as I am now but I knew enough to know that was a very bad joke. Anyway I'm thankful to have a site that has a clear mission and truly sticks to it. Richard and the rest of the admin and mods do a fantastic job of taking the high road. Sometimes I don't know how they do it but they do.

Richard thank you for your determination we have all benefited from it.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='lvmike' timestamp='1356826759' post='6135947']
Richard,

As one of the longer term members, I can say that I've watched and quietly cheered from the bleachers not uttering more than an agreement or a golf clap here and there. I lurked for years as other forums that I had been on were 'too good for me' or just didn't seem to encourage 'outside' participation.

I don't post a ton now, but when I do, I know my opinion is welcome and I've had tons of great interaction when I do.

You and the entire crew have built something unbelievable. As someone who works in an industry that was built based on the cooperative movement, I applaud you, the Mods, the writers and all of the members who continue to contribute positively.

Back to the Versa thread for me...
[/quote]

Thank you for your comments and your support. :)