SkyPro - really impressive

I don't know how many checked out SkyPro at the pga merchandise show, but I was really impressed. From the SkyGolf company, this product attaches to your club, and syncs to your iPhone/iPad (and soon Android) device via bluetooth, and tells you where your club is at in a 3D space of critical points during your swing (address, half way back (toe up), top of swing, half way down, and impact). It alerts you of any one of those points being off the ideal spot, and also gives you options to test your timing, speed, etc. I tried it and it was really great. Easily checks your swing plane, how long your swing is, shaft lean at impact, etc. etc., and 3D modeling on the device to view from many different angles. Honestly, it seemed better than video analysis.

Now I've seen things like this before, and they weren't that great. This one was impressive. From a teaching standpoint, I can really see this being helpful for students on the range when not under the watchful eye of an instructor. It doesn't come out until March, but the $199 they are planning to sell this out is worth it imo. I would have bought it on the spot if I could. Anyone else check this out and try it?

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

similar to those, but to me this seemed better. swingbyte is their biggest competitor imo as that seems pretty good as well.

It's accurate to 1 degree (they claim), and the 3D modeling was better than the other products on the market. It captures at a rate of 3,200 samples per second. Don't know what the others do.

Easy sharing to send updates to your teacher, and skygolf is behind it so you know it's got some backing to get it done right. Of course Haney is endorsing it since he's SkyGolf staff.

I don't know, I don't have extensive experience with this product arena, I know there are competitors, but I think these guys have something pretty darn good. I sound like a commercial, but I was really sold. I hit balls making good swings, intentional goofy swings, etc., and it was spot on.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

This is going to be one of the must buy products for me this year. Looks amazing
RYAN

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

Looks good. So the category tied into the I Phone/ Ipad ( and Droid for some) now has

SkyPro
Swingtip
Swingbyte
3bays
Swingsmart
Zerolinegolf

Looks like a Golf WRX shootout in the Spring would be a great!

King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
Kenny Giannini G6

No question, when this comes out I'm buying it. Like I said, I would have bought it on the spot at the show. For golfers that swing too long, or take the club too far to the inside (and those two things alone describes a large number of golfers), this provides instant feedback. Sure, you can do this with video, but it requires stoping, analyzing the video, then going back to practice. With this, you just keep swinging until you do it right, with near instant feedback. This is the best little gadget I've seen to learn the golf swing and to practice effectively when away from a watchful eye that I've seen.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1359423262' post='6318457']
No question, when this comes out I'm buying it. Like I said, I would have bought it on the spot at the show. For golfers that swing too long, or take the club too far to the inside (and those two things alone describes a large number of golfers), this provides instant feedback. Sure, you can do this with video, but it requires stoping, analyzing the video, then going back to practice. With this, you just keep swinging until you do it right, with near instant feedback. This is the best little gadget I've seen to learn the golf swing and to practice effectively when away from a watchful eye that I've seen.
[/quote]

Not trying to start a bashing wagon or anything but I'm just curious if there was anything that seemed to be lacking on it or if there were any cons you saw with the product.

G430 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Srixon ZX5 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | TM TP Bandon 1 | Pro V1x

The video posted is interesting. Might be a small learning curve but there usually is with high tech gear. No mention of swing speed, ball speed, or distance. Anyone know if these numbers are available?

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

[quote name='shortstop20' timestamp='1359432533' post='6319707']
[/quote]

Not trying to start a bashing wagon or anything but I'm just curious if there was anything that seemed to be lacking on it or if there were any cons you saw with the product.
[/quote]

2 things I think could be improved with this product, but are not deal breakers to me.

1. Expand functionality: It doesn't check any points on the swing post impact, and that could be useful. Just like checking the toe up position on the backswing, checking toe up position on the through swing to see how that compares would be good to have and could help indicate issues with flipping. This device seems to focus everything on address to impact, and that's fine, but something I would like to see added.

2. Expand device interface options: I could be wrong here, but I think it's for ipod and iphone only. Having this on the ipad would be really nice. I understand they need to calibrate using the mobile device gyro, but having it connect via bluetooth to any bluetooth device, ipad or larger display, would provide really nice options to setup a display you can watch vs pulling out your phone to look at the results (even though the phone can provide audio and vibration feedback). And of course, android users seem sol at the moment as well. I believe they will be expanding to this platform shortly.

Other then that, unless I had more time to test it, can't think of anything else.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1359434416' post='6319861']
[quote name='shortstop20' timestamp='1359432533' post='6319707']
[/quote]

[/quote]

2 things I think could be improved with this product, but are not deal breakers to me.

1. Expand functionality: It doesn't check any points on the swing post impact, and that could be useful. Just like checking the toe up position on the backswing, checking toe up position on the through swing to see how that compares would be good to have and could help indicate issues with flipping. This device seems to focus everything on address to impact, and that's fine, but something I would like to see added.

2. Expand device interface options: I could be wrong here, but I think it's for ipod and iphone only. Having this on the ipad would be really nice. I understand they need to calibrate using the mobile device gyro, but having it connect via bluetooth to any bluetooth device, ipad or larger display, would provide really nice options to setup a display you can watch vs pulling out your phone to look at the results (even though the phone can provide audio and vibration feedback). And of course, android users seem sol at the moment as well. I believe they will be expanding to this platform shortly.

Other then that, unless I had more time to test it, can't think of anything else.
[/quote]

1. That should be pretty easy to add in the future, hopefully. Would be nice as you said.

2. No Android support, bummer. Hopefully that will be added too.

G430 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Srixon ZX5 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | TM TP Bandon 1 | Pro V1x

[quote name='YMark' timestamp='1359433083' post='6319767']
The video posted is interesting. Might be a small learning curve but there usually is with high tech gear. No mention of swing speed, ball speed, or distance. Anyone know if these numbers are available?
[/quote]

I have the brochure so I just checked again. And if anyone else has questions, I can tell you what I know about it but I'm sure the videos speak volumes.

It does provide you with swing speed. There's no way for it to measure ball speed since it's not measuring anything with the ball, and distance is subjective since the device really has no way of knowing what your ball just did. It could estimate distance, but I appreciate that the product sticks to what it does. It only knows what your club did, so that's what it reports. So with that said, this doesn't replace a trackman for example... but a trackman also costs 100x the cost of this device so I'm sure most people won't have that kind of data readily available to them. This is designed to help you make a swing more on plane, of the correct length, etc., just what the club is doing.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

forgot to mention, Michael Breed also is involved with this product, not just Haney. Being the case, I'm sure you'll see him talking about this on the golf channel at some point. suppose to come out in march, and I think they are hoping to get it on android by then as well, could be wrong.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1359435216' post='6319925']
[/quote]

I have the brochure so I just checked again. And if anyone else has questions, I can tell you what I know about it but I'm sure the videos speak volumes.

It does provide you with swing speed. There's no way for it to measure ball speed since it's not measuring anything with the ball, and distance is subjective since the device really has no way of knowing what your ball just did. It could estimate distance, but I appreciate that the product sticks to what it does. It only knows what your club did, so that's what it reports. So with that said, this doesn't replace a trackman for example... but a trackman also costs 100x the cost of this device so I'm sure most people won't have that kind of data readily available to them. This is designed to help you make a swing more on plane, of the correct length, etc., just what the club is doing.
[/quote]

Good stuff. Swing speed is good enough. Distance can roughly be calculated from swing speed.... depending.

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1359435216' post='6319925']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah I don't think a little piece of equipment like that can measure distance. If did I be very skeptical. I would look into ES12 for distance. Maybe paired up with one of these swing analyzer might be a good idea if you want the whole package.

Anyways, the UI is very impressive. I like how it alerts you when your off your swing and make the quick correction on the spot. This might just push this analyzer over the top. I like how swingbyte takes video of your swing for later review but SwingPro can be utilize during your practice session. One other thing I like about swing byte is how you can use it with the putter. I don't see why not it can be used with it. Saw in video how you use the iPhone to analyze the face of your club and calibrate between the two. I think able to use your putter with this attachment is very important. Not like GSA pro, you basically have to buy two separate unit to do iron/wood and putter. Just trying to make extra dollars by separating the functions. Anyhow, I know skycaddie make excellent equipment. I have a skycaddie as my GPS unit. What will be cool is use your GPS unit along with the swing analyzer and keep all the info within one system. That will be cool as hell. Gotta make a call to skycaddie to implement this cool idea. Lol.

Here is the website. Nowhere in here mentions putter.
http://www.skygolf.com/support/skypro.aspx

This may be the same as the other video linked to here, but I couldn't view that one for some reason. This one's on youtube so everyone can see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A-FaDzyhYpM

The thing that has me most intrigued about this vs. others, (swingbyte is the other I've mostly had my eye on) is the way it calibrates with the clubface. I have never understood how we're supposed to eyeball a device with the face, hoping it will somehow be precisely perpendicular. Even .5 degrees off would seem to mess things up, wouldn't it? The fact that through the gyro in your mobile device, this thing calibrates/aligns itself is remarkable and brilliant. Hard to tell how much the other little training features on the device would help.

While I like the new video feature on Swingbyte 2, I think it would be difficult to lock my iphone in place for filming and then viewing. Maybe it would work out just fine - hard to tell. Definitely looks like the mechanism to attach Swingbyte is much improved... but I still don't know how it could be precisely aligned to the degree the skygolf device is. Will be interesting to see how this technology progresses.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mysteriousmaskedman' timestamp='1359353833' post='6312999']
Nice vid from the merch show showing the skypro in action. [url="http://goo.gl/HDCTx"]http://goo.gl/HDCTx[/url] [size=4][/quote][/size]

http://youtu.be/A-FaDzyhYpM

Thanks MMM. great video.

This looks like a buy to me.

Many Hands make Light Work. Many Eyes make Accurate Work. gWRX - the Greatest golf forum on the Internets :).

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to hit a ball for it to work? I take practice swings in my basement and I know most of the other swing analyzers won't work without hitting s ball.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I sent them an email using the link from their site and fit an error message this morn from my email provider saying it was undeliverable. That's not a good sign given the supposed March release date. Anyone hear from them

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

That sounds more like a hosting issue personally, but either way, they have a form on the site for email notices where they will send out an email when the product is going to be introduced and sold.

I think it's clear the iPhone version has been ready to ship as you could download it from the iTunes store for well over a month, but it's supporting android as well that's creating the delay, as they would like to release the product supporting all devices from day 1.

In January they said it was going to be some time in March, no particular date was confirmed. It's only the 2nd, so I'd say be patient.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

I am guessing it is more likely that the hardware isn't ready. I really doubt they would hold shipping for the android version. They probably wanted a placeholder version in the app store so the product wasn't delayed by Apple.

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1362244806' post='6533613']
That sounds more like a hosting issue personally, but either way, they have a form on the site for email notices where they will send out an email when the product is going to be introduced and sold.

I think it's clear the iPhone version has been ready to ship as you could download it from the iTunes store for well over a month, but it's supporting android as well that's creating the delay, as they would like to release the product supporting all devices from day 1.

In January they said it was going to be some time in March, no particular date was confirmed. It's only the 2nd, so I'd say be patient.
[/quote]

[quote name='erock9174' timestamp='1361885789' post='6505223']
I sent them an email using the link from their site and fit an error message this morn from my email provider saying it was undeliverable. That's not a good sign given the supposed March release date. Anyone hear from them
[/quote]

Gord, one of the developers and guy in the video, regulary posts on another site answering questions. His last post was on Wednesday and didn't mention anything about being behind schedule. In an earlier post he did say they have been super busy since the PGA show keeping things on track. Someone else asked if you need to actually hit a ball and his answer was yes because the SkyPro needs to know where the ball is; however, you can hit just about anything to make it work, including a mat.