SWANRY30 WITB - 2014 FINALIZED?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#000080]driver - TAYLORMADE r1 v2 td2# - FUJIKURA MOTORE SPEEDER 6.3TS. settings - 9*/compass 2 open/10g toe 1g heel[/color]

this is the surprise of the season for me. to start the year off i was playing the retail r1 to the same settings and really liked it - but it was lacking in multiple categories. it felt and sounded harsh. the footprint was too big. well - the list kept on going... however, it was straight and consistent, making it hard to get rid of. enter the v2. i have hit and owned plenty of TMaG tour drivers. in the past i would always notice a difference in the sound and feel, even if it did not have hotmelt. recently many of the drivers sounded the and felt the same (some exceptions) regardless the amount of hotmelt added. the r1 v2 is a different animal. for those of you who miss the muted sound and feel - you're covered. for those of you who like a modern sound and feel (not an aluminum baseball bat) - you're covered. this the the perfect blend of new and old. the footprint is smaller and the face is not as deep. i love deep faced drivers. after all they flight the ball lower right? not this driver. after playing this for three rounds - it reminds me of the ft tour in flight. on a HOT flat line. wind...? swing away and expect the ball to flight perfectly. this is the lowest/flatest flighting driver i have hit. for me matched with the MOTORE SPEEDER 6.3TS is a dream. on a final note - some people have commented that balls off the center of the face spun more than they liked and perhaps flew off line more than anticipated. i am not experiencing the same thing. i am hitting the driver "in play" more than 95% of the drivers i have owned. going out on a limb - this is the best driver i have ever owned.

[color=#000080]fairway wood - TAYLORMADE RBZ STAGE 2 TOUR 14.5* - FUJIKURA MOTORE SPEEDER 7.2TS[/color]

this was an easy decision. make the rbz tour easier to hit, make it sound better, make it adjustable, make it longer. i love the alignment graphics for tee shots. again - combine this with a MOTORE SPEEDER 7.2TS and you have a great club. with the three wood, i special ordered it short in length. if i recall - to the five wood length, which is more of a traditional three wood length.

[color=#000080]hybrid - TAYLORMADE RBZ TOUR #2 16.5 - ALDILA RIP ALPHA 105x[/color]

one of the hangovers from last year. i hate hybrids... rather i hated hybrids. picked this up from a friend for free last year that didn't need it. i had it cut down to 4 hybrid length and properly swing weighted - and i created a monster. this maybe my favorite club in the bag. i can hit this on a bullet trajectory off the tee or off the deck. it likes to go straight as well - which is a plus. my favorite factor is the length being short with the heavier shaft. i can transition from my irons very easy. you never have the question "do it swing it like a fw or an iron". this is a iron swing all the way. also in playing it short in length i was able to take "some" of the distance off the 16.5* loft. with the fw wood listed above this creates a perfect gap between the 3 wood / hybrid / 3 iron.

depending on what course i am playing or the shot that is dictated, this club is used around the greens. i can hold the club upright and or anchor it left of my belly button and use my putting stroke. works great for me.

[color=#000080]irons - 2013 PING ANSER 3-PW - KBS TOUR CTAPER 130x ssx1[/color]

this was a surprise for me. i tested them last year and was hooked - however the minor offset threw me off... ironically, not in the performance category, only in looks. enter the ROCKETBLADEZ TOUR. i was gushing. they looked perfect. in my mind i may have already started to lean to gaming these without hitting them. i spent five uninspiring rounds with these irons. they aren't making the gamer bag as they lacked in ball flight, sound and feel. are they good irons? yes. point blank - they aren't PING ANSER's. these are the cream of the crop. the soles may look too large, the offset may not fit the eye... play them. your mind will be changed. you can move the ball, flight the ball and on your bad ball striking days not get punished. regardless you will never feel a bad shot off the face. some may not like this. i do. i want to "think" that i hit everything perfect on the course. i don't want to have doubt enter my mind. do i make bad swings? hell yes. confident thoughts = confident swings. one final note. in the future these shafts might be changing. i have something that i am working on that will be of benefit to my game and these irons!

[color=#000080]wedges - TAYLORMADE ATV 54/58 - TRUE TEMPER DYNAMIC GOLD s300[/color]

how many surprises can you have? another one for me. these just work. they look large, perhaps game improvement to some. they aren't game improvement but probably will improve your game. wedge shots around the green are dumb - from any lie. stupid easy. IF you can properly use bounce they eliminate you having to put a high risk shot into play. take a normal short game swing and bingo. i really like the dynamic gold shafts in my wedge - probably has been my only mainstay over the years.

[color=#000080]ball - TAYLORMADE LETHAL[/color]

the name says it all. for me lethal in all aspects. it covers everything i need and is consistent. i was lucky to be in the product testing for the PROJECT 5 [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/756549-the-official-taylormade-project-5-ball-review-thread/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-review-thread/[/url] check it out for a detailed report!

iPHONE pictures will be added later today!

For shame, Ryan...for shame! Posting a teaser like that.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

[quote name='Stretch' timestamp='1360872988' post='6429515']
Sorry. Those are never going to work with a centered pivot. Face facts my man.
[/quote]

probably my favorite comment - lol!

[quote name='Rosco1216' timestamp='1360873299' post='6429551']
For shame, Ryan...for shame! Posting a teaser like that.
[/quote]

but... the WITB is happening!

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1360873794' post='6429599']
Are those all V2 Txxxx heads?
[/quote]

hand carved, slightly smaller footprint, lighter hosel adapter which allowed for more weight to be redistributed to the perimeter of the club.

i wonder if that bimatrix shaft ever found a place in your bag... 3w maybe?
mine got relegated to the 2nd division, as i somehow found a way to hook a 9015d with a TT tour prototype.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1360944906' post='6434105']
mine got relegated to the 2nd division, as i somehow found a way to hook a 9015d with a TT tour prototype.
[/quote]

one hint... didn't make the rotation. great shaft - but went another route, just like someone else who used the BIMATRIX on tour...

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1360948234' post='6434533']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1360944906' post='6434105']
[/quote]

one hint... didn't make the rotation. great shaft - but went another route, just like someone else who used the BIMATRIX on tour...
[/quote]

that's a hint? i think that's an anser.
(pun intended, lol.)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1360977731' post='6437219']
Get out the face paint brother!!!!
[/quote]

LOL!

[quote name='ppauls99' timestamp='1360979104' post='6437377']
[quote name='kekoa' timestamp='1360978788' post='6437333']
[quote name='ppauls99' timestamp='1360978156' post='6437267']
what irons ???
[/quote]

Rbladez tour of course
[/quote]

gross!
[/quote]

i'm getting closer to filling the bag - but wont show the winners until everything arrives!

love the comments already on the RBT irons! LOL! i haven't even hit them to comment! looks... so so...

favorite iron LOOK wise to date is the j40cb.

[size=4][quote][/size]

i'm getting closer to filling the bag - but wont show the winners until everything arrives!

love the comments already on the RBT irons! LOL! i haven't even hit them to comment! looks... so so...

favorite iron LOOK wise to date is the j40cb.
[/quote]

I love the J40 cb look, I would probably see if I could get the Bridgestone logo out of the cavity, or just strip them to a raw finish. Beautiful clubs for sure though.

[quote name='DeeKK' timestamp='1361415072' post='6469243']
Can't wait to see the new the winners!
[/quote]
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1361455894' post='6471193']
C'mon now ...... Anticipation sux
[/quote]

OK! after a "delay" in the process - the second box is showing today. pretty excited! by the end of the process i will have close to two full bags - then the shootout begins. PICTURES will be up after all of the clubs arrive though!

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1361457099' post='6471311']
[quote name='DeeKK' timestamp='1361415072' post='6469243']
Can't wait to see the new the winners!
[/quote]
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1361455894' post='6471193']
C'mon now ...... Anticipation sux
[/quote]

OK! after a "delay" in the process - the second box is showing today. pretty excited! by the end of the process i will have close to two full bags - then the shootout begins. PICTURES will be up after all of the clubs arrive though!
[/quote]

Two Bags I think thats too many clubs! I think you should give me one of the Bags or else I spoil this whole operation.... I kid I kid!

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1361466405' post='6472373']
Swan is treating us all like mushrooms. Keeping us in the dark and feedings us BS :taunt:

I'm going to make some predictions...

R1 Speeder 7.2X
Stage 2 3/5 woods Speeder .3 7 or 8
Anser Irons
ATV Wedges
Putter ????
[/quote]

on the right track with part of it...

putter is locked. GHOST SPIDER. i go between this and the odyssey 9 - but the GHOST SPIDER has been in play for months. my strength is putting - i wouldn't have thought the GS and i would get along as well as we do - but i can go lights out with this stick. not uncommon for me to make up for my shortcomings with 24 putts. this is the only category that i stay at the top of the PGA TOUR statistic curve - in that i average 28 per round (over the course of a year).

[quote name='kenwiggins11' timestamp='1361467095' post='6472451']

Two Bags I think thats too many clubs! I think you should give me one of the Bags or else I spoil this whole operation.... I kid I kid!
[/quote]

i'm looking for intervention!

honestly - i am so excited about this year's driver offering. i have four on my radar right now. i will post the current driver/shaft i am using - then update it throughout the year as i begin my shootout.

can you guess what FOUR drivers are in my shootout? and as of right now the shaft is going to have a DOT a THREE and a TS.... :)

[quote name='kenwiggins11' timestamp='1361595257' post='6484371']
I don't know what he is going to have in the bag but you can add another shaft to the mix. He was crushing a particular combo with percison. He was like a kid in candy store in love. Or in golfwrx terms a true club ho!
[/quote]

Out of left field... Both driver and shaft were incredible. After using the DI7x and hitting great drives - a couple clicks of the wrench - shafts changed and this combo blew all previous out of the water. Different click of the wrench than you might think :).

[quote name='ppauls99' timestamp='1361716171' post='6491257']
I just read your anser review. If they don't make the bag you are nuts - just beautiful irons!!
[/quote]
[quote name='Doc Mcstuffins' timestamp='1361764088' post='6496541']
still liking the Anser's? I'm thinking of picking up a set after hitting a demo for 2 hours this afternoon. Really impressive stick.
[/quote]

LOVE the ANSERS! right now they are in the bag - but my new set "challenger" showed up and is ready for the full testing/comparison! i will be giving a complete run down including TRACKMAN findings in distance/dispersion/consistency, on course analysis, and the visual/feel/sound preferences. both sets share the same specs loft/lie/sw/shafts...

i'm not going to have the complete bag up and ready for pictures until next month so i will give you all a view in on the bag :)

here is the rundown for my challenge! it is open game for any club to win. i am going to be testing some other equipment too - and if it wins - its in. some tough choices ahead. look below under contenders for possibilities that may make the final cut.

BAG #01

TAYLORMADE r1 - 9* / compass at 2* open / 8g toe - 1g heel / 44.75" d3 / MOTORE SPEEDER 6.3TS
TAYLORMADE STAGE 2 TOUR TP 14.5* / NEUTRAL / 42.5" d3 / MOTORE SPEEDER 7.2TS
TAYLORMADE RBZ TOUR 16.5 / 39.5" d3 / RIP ALPHA 105x
TAYLORMADE ROCKETBLADEZ TOUR 3-PW / STANDARD LOFT / 1* FLAT / STANDARD LENGTH / CTAPER 130x SSx1
MIZUNO MP-T4 54.09 / 58.10 / DYNAMIC GOLD s300
TAYLORMADE GHOST SPIDER 33"

BAG #02

TAYLORMADE RBZ TOUR ISSUE 8* / 44.75" d4 / TOUR MOTORE SPEEDER 6.2TS
TAYLORMADE RBZ TOUR TP 14.5* / 42.75" d3 / OBAN DEVOTION 7x
TAYLORMADE RBZ TOUR TP 18* / 42" d3 / DIAMANA 80x
PING ANSER 2012 3-PW / STANDARD LOFT / 1* FLAT / STANDARD LENGTH / CTAPER 130x SSx1
TAYLORMADE ATV 54/58
ODYSSEY BLACK SERIES i #9 34"

CONTENDERS

TAYLORMADE r1 v2
NIKE COVERT TOUR
CALLAWAY RFE/XHP
CALLAWAY xJAWS CC
OBAN KIYOSHI WHITE
ALDILA PHENOM NL (second go around)