WITB 2014 - xracer4844

Hey guys, here is my bag for the 2014 season. As I live in Canada, the golf season is just starting!

Let me know what you all think! I'd love some feedback on things to change etc.

Driver - Taylormade R11s

3 Wood - Taylormade RBZ tour

5 Wood - Taylormade R11s

20* Hybrid - Nickent 3DX

4 Iron - PING G15

5,6,7,8,9,W - PING i15

52* Wedge - Spin Milled Vokey

56* Wedge - SM4 Vokey

60* Wedge - SM4 Vokey

All Clubs gripped with Golf Pride Z grips(two tape layers), and all shafts have been pured.

Bag - SunMountain Four5 Stand Bag

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

After about 8 hours on trackman over a couple of days, my fitter and I decided this was the best option for me! A Taylormade r11s with a Graphite Design Tour AD BB-6 shaft. Its cut down an inch. I carry it about 260. My swing speed is between 100-110. It is the most comfortable driver I have owned.

DSC03390.jpg

Really not much to say about this RBZ tour 3...My fitter handed it to me with a Motore Speeder VC 7 - hit 3 balls. 265,275,260...Needless to say, I bought it on the spot.

DSC03394.jpg

Depending on the course, and my game, I sometimes switch out the 5 wood for a 20* hybrid. I launch the 5 wood a lot higher than my hybrid, so depending on the course and the conditions, these two get switched around.

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

Shafts:

Fotor0423155635.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

I play a PING G15 4 iron...I like the added forgiveness it gives me + the added loft I get vs. the i15 is more desirable, and works better for me.

DSC03400.jpg

I've been gaming the PING i15 irons since they were released - I like them, they just work for me. I have no complaints still! The S55 gives me happy feelings inside though so that is a possibility. Last year I almost switched to S56's.

DSC03097800x598.jpg

DSC03099783x800.jpg

I am gaming Titleist Vokey wedges 52,56,60 - I really wanted the Ping gorge wedges last year, but after seeing the results on trackman, my spin was no where near good enough. The vokeys I spin 9,000+ and with the Pings, I was only getting around 5,000. They were fitted with True Temper spinner shafts as well. I think that custom vokey's are in order this year...if I can convince my fam that its a necessary smart investment.

DSC03087800x673.jpg

Here is a shot of everything minus the hybrid.

DSC03404.jpg

Putters...I have been playing this scotty since last year, and when it goes cold, I switch to the yes! putter beneath it. I believe both of these putters roll the ball superbly.

DSC03406.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

DSC03410.jpg

DSC03412.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

DSC03422.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fellow Torontonian here! Awsome set up.....Modern Golf does top notch work. How does that driver perform for you? What kind of trackman numbers were you getting? I just ordered a tour issue R11s 10.5 and was going to put my AD BB 6s (total conicidence lol) and also tour issue r11s 5 wood that i'm going to shaft up with a blueboard 93S if only USPS would deliver my damn packages soon! Where abouts in the GTA are you? I'm in Etobicoke so Modern golf is pretty close by. Anyways, nice sticks! Is it april yet?? lol

10.5* (@ 9*) Stealth+ w/ Diamana ZF 60s - 44.75"
16* (@ 15.6*) Tour Issue SLDR Mini w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7s - 42.5" 
18* Tour Issue Stealth w/ Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s - 41.75"
ZX7 4-pw w/ Modus 120s
SM9 50 08F w/ Modus 120s

SM9 55 13D w/ Modus 120s
33" Piretti Cottonwood 2

TP5x

Nice clubs. Love the woods/shaft/shaft color set up u got going..

How do you like the bag? Do the dividers go all the way down. Im looking into getting one and hate some bags that the clubs always get stuck or twists even if there are dividers.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BigDreamz1981' timestamp='1360984184' post='6437929']
Hey fellow Torontonian here! Awsome set up.....Modern Golf does top notch work. How does that driver perform for you? What kind of trackman numbers were you getting? I just ordered a tour issue R11s 10.5 and was going to put my AD BB 6s (total conicidence lol) and also tour issue r11s 5 wood that i'm going to shaft up with a blueboard 93S if only USPS would deliver my damn packages soon! Where abouts in the GTA are you? I'm in Etobicoke so Modern golf is pretty close by. Anyways, nice sticks! Is it april yet?? lol
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the post! This is a great driver combo. I have had a lot of problems off the tee. I have a coach who i have been working with which has helped a lot. Once this driver was built up, it was like night and day difference for me! every tee box i feel totally comfortable on. the biggest improvement was noticing how much better my swing was with it cut down an inch.

the 5 wood is also great. its easy to hit off the deck and launches nice a high for me which is what i like. like i said in my orig post, depending on the course and conditions i sometimes switch to my nickent 3dx (modern golf built it up for me). this club is a lot lower trajectory for me; i love this hybrid. i know its an old fossil haha i've tried a lot like taylormade rbz, titleist 910h, taylormad rescue, ping i15 bla bla bla...i really just like old and simple haha. one of my favorite hybrids is an old nike cpr.

im in oakville so modern golf is like 30 minutes for me!

sorry for not replying earlier! ive had some personal things to take care of!

[quote name='lilmike24' timestamp='1360984488' post='6437955']
Which shaft is better in a 3 wood , Motore speeder 7.0 or the Ad-di 7s ?
[/quote]

thats hard to say. for me the 3 wood with the motore is a rocket ship, so i prefer the motore...but i love the launch i get from the di7 in my 5 wood which i why i play it in that club!

what 3 wood are you planning to use?

if you have the opportunity to use something like trackman and test the shafts you are interested in, thats the only way you will know for certain what works for you!

[quote name='FEWO' timestamp='1360985734' post='6438097']

How do you like the bag? Do the dividers go all the way down. Im looking into getting one and hate some bags that the clubs always get stuck or twists even if there are dividers.
[/quote]

thanks for the compliment! i like the bag. i really like sun mountain bags. i originally bought a sun mountain c130 cart bag in like 2008 and loved it. i bought the stand bag last year i think on sale. its been fantastic. its light, super comfortable, great support and tons of storage. it fits on cart easily if you arent walking...if i know my group will be using carts, i just switch to my c130 cart bag.

the only disadvantage to using full dividers like this bag is that the club heads clang around into eachother when the bag is on your back. since i play i15 irons this doesnt really bother me...they are super durable!

[quote name='michaeldaca' timestamp='1361120543' post='6445407']
[/quote]

thats hard to say. for me the 3 wood with the motore is a rocket ship, so i prefer the motore...but i love the launch i get from the di7 in my 5 wood which i why i play it in that club!

if you have the opportunity to use something like trackman and test the shafts you are interested in, thats the only way you will know for certain what works for you!
[/quote]
Well I've always wanted to try both. But I've never really had the funds to put behind them. I'm especially interested in 3 wood shafts now because I have an unshafted nike VRS 3 wood head. The plan is to bug a graffalloy epic nano fuse 3 wood shaft because I found one super cheap, but I'm hesitating for some reason.

[quote name='lilmike24' timestamp='1361126434' post='6445973']
[quote name='michaeldaca' timestamp='1361120543' post='6445407']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well I've always wanted to try both. But I've never really had the funds to put behind them. I'm especially interested in 3 wood shafts now because I have an unshafted nike VRS 3 wood head. The plan is to bug a graffalloy epic nano fuse 3 wood shaft because I found one super cheap, but I'm hesitating for some reason.
[/quote]

have you read the review on that shaft here on golf wrx? that would be a good start!

Looks like solid setup! As for changes I would only recommend them if your not happy with something but it seems you like what you have so stick with it. But .....if they start to misbehave then hit the BST!

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='MCCA' timestamp='1361134734' post='6446687']
Love the Bag, i'm not far from you Buffalo? question i noticed that you have your driver and 3 wood shafts pured, have you or do you ever change the positions? I was thing of having my RBZ Tour shaft pured but don't know if it would work if i changed settings.
[/quote]

iv'e had all my clubs pure'd and yes you are right if you change to different positions it will affect the shaft. i personally don't really tinker a lot and change the settings...after the fitting, my fitter pure'd the shafts in the positions i like and that was it! for me it isn't really an issue

Great photos of all your gear and awesome to see that you take good care of your clubs. I clean mine before every round. So much nicer looking down at clean clubs!

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* Diamana S+
Bridgestone J40 4W 16* Project X 6.0
Bridgestone J40 3H 21* Project X 6.0
Mizuno MP 53 4-PW XP S300
Mizuno T4 52* and 58* S300
Odyssey ProType Black 2 ball

[quote name='michaeldaca' timestamp='1361123349' post='6445639']

[/quote]

thanks for the compliment! i like the bag. i really like sun mountain bags. i originally bought a sun mountain c130 cart bag in like 2008 and loved it. i bought the stand bag last year i think on sale. its been fantastic. its light, super comfortable, great support and tons of storage. it fits on cart easily if you arent walking...if i know my group will be using carts, i just switch to my c130 cart bag.

the only disadvantage to using full dividers like this bag is that the club heads clang around into eachother when the bag is on your back. since i play i15 irons this doesnt really bother me...they are super durable!
[/quote]

Good to know. Thanks. I have a cart bag and just want a light, Comfortable bag for the days i'm walking. I can live with the clubs head clanging around each other. I just hate the bags where the clubs butts gets stuck to one another or the dividers, get all twisted up and just dont fit properly in place or go down all the way. Ill have to give this bag a try. Thanks again.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Mikka' timestamp='1361141331' post='6447333']
Great photos of all your gear and awesome to see that you take good care of your clubs. I clean mine before every round. So much nicer looking down at clean clubs!
[/quote]

thanks a lot! i do the same! its a huge pet peeve of mine...i clean each club after a shot or before a shot...clean grooves perform better as well!

[quote name='FEWO' timestamp='1361143507' post='6447589']
[quote name='michaeldaca' timestamp='1361123349' post='6445639']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to know. Thanks. I have a cart bag and just want a light, Comfortable bag for the days i'm walking. I can live with the clubs head clanging around each other. I just hate the bags where the clubs butts gets stuck to one another or the dividers, get all twisted up and just dont fit properly in place or go down all the way. Ill have to give this bag a try. Thanks again.
[/quote]

yeah this bag is great if thats what you are looking for. great performance, great stand system and user friendly features!

pretty solid bag id say
the S56 w steelfibers sound pretty awesome ..... if you get em let us know know they are
nice to see CRISP CLEAR pics too .. im no photographer, but its cool to see good pics posted

love those grips im seeing them more and more .. and now I must have!! LOL!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1361394084' post='6467125']
pretty solid bag id say
the S56 w steelfibers sound pretty awesome ..... if you get em let us know know they are
nice to see CRISP CLEAR pics too .. im no photographer, but its cool to see good pics posted

love those grips im seeing them more and more .. and now I must have!! LOL!
[/quote]

thanks so much! i love these grips!!!!!!! firm, solid, lots of feel and TONS OF GRIP. i wish they had lots of colours