2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wedgefromhere' timestamp='1362309024' post='6537521']
I don't know all the differences, but the thing I like about the SkyPro that Swingbite does not have is the way you hold your iphone/ipad on the face of the club to calibrate it. Seems to take out the guess work to get more accurate results.
[/quote]

Ok thanks, just I am looking to pick up one of these devices soon and trying to ascertain which gives the best bang for your buck. There is also swingbyte v2 coming very soon.

Just pre ordered one. Hope to see it in April.

TRS 3 - Ping Max 10k ?  Ventus Red TR 5s? - Ventus + Blue 5s? - TPT Nitro 17 Hi?

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
Mezz Max Armlock ~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

I think it's been discussed several times that it's for android as well. they've simply released the apple app for it already ahead of time

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

There is considerably a longer / more complicated process to get an app in the apple app store compare to google play. There is a process, it's arguably more difficult to develop, Apple goes through your code and tests it for quality and content, and it needs to pass several levels of inspection and standards before being allowed for the general public to download. And every time the app is updated, it requires another review.

Google play is just an open marketplace with very little oversight at all, and at least half the apps are garbage, some are dangerous and can be either hacked because of unintentional vulnerabilities from bad developers and/or pirate your information off your phone, or simply dont even work.

That being the case, you can get an app in google play in like a day, where it may take a few weeks with apple before it's reviewed and approved, and even longer if you are asked to make changes to the app before they deem it ok to be in the app store.

Any company with a clue will develop for iOS first, and if the app is successful will add it to android as well. Not only because of the additional difficulty in creating the iOS app and getting it in the store, but also because people that use iphones are imo more likely to pay / download apps then google play. Yes, Android has a large marketshare, but many of those users have no interest in apps, or using their phone that way. The great smartphones running android, like the samsung phones, are a smaller percentage of the android market segment then represents all the users of that mobile OS (although catching momentum that last 12 months). All of the random Android devices vs the iphone is approximately the same number of users, but as another mentioned, that's one device vs a multitude of random devices with different hardware, specs, screen sizes, capabilities, etc.

Bottomline, this device will support both devices, so it's a moot point.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1362938736' post='6583593']
There is considerably a longer / more complicated process to get an app in the apple app store compare to google play. There is a process, it's arguably more difficult to develop, Apple goes through your code and tests it for quality and content, and it needs to pass several levels of inspection and standards before being allowed for the general public to download. And every time the app is updated, it requires another review.

Google play is just an open marketplace with very little oversight at all, and at least half the apps are garbage, some are dangerous and can be either hacked because of unintentional vulnerabilities from bad developers and/or pirate your information off your phone, or simply dont even work.

That being the case, you can get an app in google play in like a day, where it may take a few weeks with apple before it's reviewed and approved, and even longer if you are asked to make changes to the app before they deem it ok to be in the app store.

Any company with a clue will develop for iOS first, and if the app is successful will add it to android as well. Not only because of the additional difficulty in creating the iOS app and getting it in the store, but also because people that use iphones are imo more likely to pay / download apps then google play. Yes, Android has a large marketshare, but many of those users have no interest in apps, or using their phone that way. The great smartphones running android, like the samsung phones, are a smaller percentage of the android market segment then represents all the users of that mobile OS (although catching momentum that last 12 months). All of the random Android devices vs the iphone is approximately the same number of users, but as another mentioned, that's one device vs a multitude of random devices with different hardware, specs, screen sizes, capabilities, etc.

[/quote]

I hope you're right but until sky golf says otherwise the discussion about whether or not they will release their product later this month with android compatibility is hardly moot. As a side note Google Play is projected to surpass Apple's app store revenue numbers in 2013 or 2014 (the google play revenue is currently growing 10 times faster than the app store's revenue). Any company with a clue will develop their app related products and market them as both android and apple compatible if they plan on maximizing their revenue. Android smart phones now have a strangle hold on the worldwide market at 70% of all smart phones. I also think it's important to note that while these smart phones may have their differences, for the most part the differences are mostly skin deep (megapixels, screen size, etc.). If the phones weren't similar then app creators like Rovio as well as others wouldn't even bother creating android apps.

Anybody have any additional info on when this is going to ship? I would buy one of the comparable products (3bays GSA, SwingTIP, etc.) but I REALLY like the "Groove" feature and thinks its the best solution for actual training.

If someone can convince me otherwise, I purchase one of the others if its better.

They are now taking pre orders with a generic "[b]Ships Spring 2013".[/b]

http://shop.skygolf.com/p-868-skypro-pre-order.aspx

Here's the dedicated website for the device:

http://www.golfskypro.com/

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1363562965' post='6631895']
They are now taking pre orders with a generic "[b]Ships Spring 2013".[/b]

http://shop.skygolf.com/p-868-skypro-pre-order.aspx

Here's the dedicated website for the device:

http://www.golfskypro.com/
[/quote]

Yeah, been through all that. Was trying to see if anyone had more detailed info. Thx.

I was told March at the PGA Merchandise Show. Unless it's coming out the next week, clearly they have delayed the release due to something (be it manufacturing delays or whatever). My guess would be by the Masters.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

Does SkyPro provide/show club position data after impact? From screen shots I have seen it appears the data output stops at impact

King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
Kenny Giannini G6

correct

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

ANybody know if you have to hit a ball for this to work? I'm looking for something that I can use in my house to groove my swing and I obviously can't hit a ball. If it doesn't, do any of the other ones work without a ball?

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1362938736' post='6583593']

[/quote]

iOS users are definitely more likely to pay, but since it's a free app it doesn't really matter. With a good UI guy, the difference screen sizes and resolutions don't matter. For the different hardware you tell your app what hardware is required to run it, and google play won't let you download the app for a device that doesn't have the hardware.

From the SkyPro website:

[color=#000000][b]Get SkyPro : Golf’s Most Powerful Swing Analyzer and Training Tool![/b][/color]
[color=#c00000][size=3][b][url="http://shop.skygolf.com/c-33-skygolf-memberships.aspx"][color=#c00000][size=3][b][color=#ff0000][size=3]Estimated Ship[size=3] Date is the[/size] [size=3]w[/size]eek of [size=3]5[/size]/[size=3]31[/size]/2013. Reserve Yours Today.[/size][/color][/b][/size][/color][/url][/b][/size][/color]

UGH! I pre-ordered a month ago and now have 2 more months to wait? My swing needs grooving now!

[quote name='shawncsmith01' timestamp='1365025155' post='6754205']
From the SkyPro website:

[color=#000000][b]Get SkyPro : Golf’s Most Powerful Swing Analyzer and Training Tool![/b][/color]
[color=#c00000][size=3][b][url="http://shop.skygolf.com/c-33-skygolf-memberships.aspx"][color=#c00000][b][color=#ff0000]Estimated Ship Date is the week of 5/31/2013. Reserve Yours Today.[/color][/b][/color][/url][/b][/size][/color]

UGH! I pre-ordered a month ago and now have 2 more months to wait? My swing needs grooving now!
[/quote]

They're sitting on a ton of cash ... at least as I understand it, you had to authorize them to charge your credit card, to place a pre-order.

Now they're behind 3 months from their original promised date? Not very credible in my book & they're going to miss the spring season, which seems would be most appropriate time to have such a product available.

I think they have bigger problems with the device than they're admitting.

From the SkyPro website:

[color=#c00000][size=3][b][url="http://shop.skygolf.com/c-33-skygolf-memberships.aspx"][color=#c00000][size=3][b][color=#ff0000][size=3]Estimated Ship[size=3] Date is the[/size] [size=3]w[/size]eek of [size=3]5[/size]/[size=3]31[/size]/2013. Reserve Yours Today.[/size][/color][/b][/size][/color][/url][/b][/size][/color]

[/quote]

That is very disappointing!

[quote name='Sean25rp' timestamp='1365026865' post='6754477']
From the SkyPro website:

[/quote]

That is very disappointing!
[/quote]

This thing better deliver for real. Waiting for its release has been nothing but disappointing. Instead of building excitement they are building resentment.

I was one of the "lucky" ones to pre-order. Finally got an email today and Skygolf claims there will be an initial production run the week of 4/15, with shipping to occur by the end of April if everything goes to plan. They heavily caveat 'if things go to plan', so I'll reset my expectations again and optimistically think mid-May.

Or, I may cancel my order. I'd hoped to get one well before the week of 4/15, since I'm going to Bandon that week and wanted to practice with it. Now I'm worried about the quality of the initial batch.