2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

ALL BST USERS MUST READ ABOUT BST POLICIES AND LAYOUT/Also PLEASE LOCK YOUR OWN ADS

Gxgolfer

Stop Abusing the BST Rules- Limit 1 Active Listing per 30 days
People can now Categorize their Ad up to 5 categories. You must choose one in order for the post to go through. It makes it easier for people to find your item and will guarantee more exposure.

Also, this is a reminder that all users can close their own post in the BST section. If its sold, you don't have to inform a moderator. Your Ad will get archived much faster as well.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 5 categories to choose from. Users must combine their Ads and they can categorize their Ads to match. I'm not aware of a two week rule.

A user should:

Post their Ad with 2-3 items. Categorize it. Complete the sales and then lock them. They will get moved to the archive folder either after 30 days of no responses or because they are locked. Locked topics are moved at least once a day to the archive folder.

That then allows you to post another Ad. If you are a "powerseller", then there are other avenues. The rules are simple and straight forward.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

The Link below shows you where to leave feedback:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?autocom=feedback

BST AD Help

Reminder,

Members can and should close/lock their Own Ads when done. It will be removed from the For Sale Forum after being locked.

BST AD Help

• 1 month later...

please read the BST rules about posting new ads, combining items, and closing ads. it's a royal PITA to go back through each seller's topic history and close threads. you all want a clean and easy to navigate BST so please do your part in keeping it so. thanks.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

• 4 weeks later...

Question and/or suggestion:

Can we keep the B/S/T area "Golf-Only?" I'm seeing cell phones, watches, PDA's, computers, video games, etc. listed on here all the time now. If I wanted that stuff, I'd go to Ebay. It is not golf-related, -aside from people perhaps wanting to sell their excess wares to buy golf clubs.

I'm not sure if anyone else has made this suggestion, but I just wanted to ask in case it had not come up. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

For a free service, this is amazing. Thanks again to all who make it possible!

:D

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

People have been getting around the bumping rules and closing Ads after a few days and then reposting. This is a formal warning to all that you may only post One Ad every 30 days. Repeated breaking of the rules will warrant immediate account suspension.

If you want your Ad on the Front page, pay the Classifieds Supporter fee.

BST AD Help

I just want to clarify this. Is that just one ad for a particular item every 30 days, or is that one ad total every 30 days.

I just sold a putter yesterday. Today I was thinking about selling a pair of Halo hybrids. Do I need to wait 30 days to place them in the BST?

I also recently sold a set of irons to pay for a new set I bought. The new set didn't work out so I sold them on the BST about 10 days after the first set. Is this forbidden?

Thanks.

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='801311' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:25 PM']I just want to clarify this.

Is that just one ad for a particular item every 30 days, or is that one ad total every 30 days.

For example, I just sold a putter. Today I was thinking about selling a pair of Halo hybrids. Do I need to wait 30 days to place them in the BST?

I also recently sold a set of irons to pay for a new set I bought. The new set didn't work out so I sold them on the BST about 10 days after the first set. Is this forbidden?

Thanks.[/quote]

I think this is a legitimate question. I buy and sell a lot of equipment. Maybe I sell something this week and close my ad once it is complete as encouraged by the mods. Then a week or two later I have some other items I did not care for and want to sell. Do I have to wait 30 days from my previously closed ad to sell the new items? I thought with the new BST listings as long as you weren't closing ads just to relist the same items at the top this was ok.

I always thought by selling more items on this site, gives it more exposure, and brings more people in. If you can't post a ad for 30 days, then the board becomes stale. Potential long term members, want to log in and see fresh ads on a daily basis, not old ads that have been sitting. If you sell something, then close it, it only makes since to open a new ad to post a new item. Now if you want to charge a dollar to post a ad, then i don't have a issue with that.

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='801311' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:25 PM']I just want to clarify this. Is that just one ad for a particular item every 30 days, or is that one ad total every 30 days.

I just sold a putter yesterday. Today I was thinking about selling a pair of Halo hybrids. Do I need to wait 30 days to place them in the BST?

Thanks.[/quote]

Its one particular Ad every 30 days.

If you list and item and it doesn't sell, then you have to add additional items to that listing. People are closing there Ads after 6 or 7 days and then relisting the items.

[quote name='stixfix69' post='801346' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:18 PM']I always thought by selling more items on this site, gives it more exposure, and brings more people in. If you can't post a ad for 30 days, then the board becomes stale. Potential long term members, want to log in and see fresh ads on a daily basis, not old ads that have been sitting. If you sell something, then close it, it only makes since to open a new ad to post a new item. Now if you want to charge a dollar to post a ad, then i don't have a issue with that.[/quote]

The BST is the single most invested part of this board. Feedback, Listing Classification, and Mandatory pictures cost Thousands to implement. That does not even count Moderator time involvement. Please refer to the pin post regarding more information about this:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111373"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111373[/url]

[quote name='Lsutiger' post='801355' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:29 PM']If you want this site to grow you should look at changing some of the rules and the idiots you have governing the board. Some of the rules I have broken have been really petty and I have recieved some harsh comments, considering I did not even know I was breaking any rules. Tell some of your watchdogs to lighten up, it just Golf Clubs![/quote]

The moderators have a very difficult job. The rules are clearly stated and if you feel that you were unfairly treated, then send a PM to easyyy or I and we will investigate. Calling them "idiots" is not a good start for opening a dialogue. As for board growth, our affilation and continued membership growth seems indicative of how we are doing.

BST AD Help

[quote name='Gxgolfer' post='801362' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:34 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='801311' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:25 PM']I just want to clarify this. Is that just one ad for a particular item every 30 days, or is that one ad total every 30 days.

Thanks.[/quote]

Its one particular Ad every 30 days.

If you list and item and it doesn't sell, then you have to add additional items to that listing. People are closing there Ads after 6 or 7 days and then relisting the items.
[/quote]
Hmm... that makes sense to me. I still have one or two other minor questions, but I'll hold them for now.

Thanks.

Maybe consider instead of 30 days, 2 weeks. 30 days is a eternity in the golf world. If the person doesn't sell his product in 30 days, his ad would be stuck on page 25, and he has no chance of anyone seeing it, or selling it. Just a suggestion. I know you guys own and run this board, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to listen to the people who make the board, and that is the buyers, and sellers........just my 2 1\2 cents :D

[quote name='stixfix69' post='801366' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:39 PM']Maybe consider instead of 30 days, 2 weeks. 30 days is a eternity in the golf world. If the person doesn't sell his product in 30 days, his ad would be stuck on page 25, and he has no chance of anyone seeing it, or selling it. Just a suggestion. I know you guys own and run this board, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to listen to the people who make the board, and that is the buyers, and sellers........just my 2 1\2 cents :D[/quote]

The BST is at most 9 -10 pages. I have been monitoring "looks/views" since the change and actually the average number of views has increased dramatically per listing. We have also added Ad classification which when searched, shows the latest replied posts. Two weeks is too short and if you have a need for exposure on the front page, that's what the Classified Supporter Program is for.

Users can also set their BST forum view to sort by latest posts as well. Currently the default is by date of topic creation but, users can change that to last posting.

Also, the BST listing contains only the last 30-31 days of posts. And the end of each day, I move all locked posts and post over 30-31 days to the BST archive forum.

BST AD Help

GX, let me see if understand.

1. Closing your add which had been bumped down to page 4 and re-opening it as a new add is wrong.

2. Opening an add, selling your item, closing it, and then a day, a week, whenever later, you can sell another object. You are just limited to one add for that particular item in a 30 day period.

Is the above correct, or are you saying that you get one add every 30 days, max of 12 adds a year, period.

I for one feel the BST has worked much better since the most recent changes. It's so much easier to see what has been listed and keep track of items. I have noticed a bunch of listings from the some folks with items that are very familiar.

Can't we all play nice and follow the rules. It's free and I for one would like to keep it that way.

[quote name='Wookieedog' post='801373' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:48 PM']GX, let me see if understand.

1. Closing your add which had been bumped down to page 4 and re-opening it as a new add is wrong.

2. Opening an add, selling your item, closing it, and then a day, a week, whenever later, you can sell another object. You are just limited to one add for that particular item in a 30 day period.

Is the above correct, or are you saying that you get one add every 30 days, max of 12 adds a year, period.[/quote]

If you list an item and its sold. Close it and it will be moved. You can post a new Ad.

If you list an item and it doesn't sell, you must add your new items to it within the 30 day period. If you want to take that item off the market, it can be deleted by request if you hit the violation button. It should not be relisted to get to the top within 30 days.

BST AD Help

[quote name='Bobcat43' post='801374' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:49 PM'][...]

Can't we all play nice and follow the rules. It's free and I for one would like to keep it that way.[/quote]
Sure we can.

Some of us just want to be sure what the rules actually are. So far, they make perfect sense to me. Like I said, I just needed Gxgolfer to clarify a couple of things, and he has.

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='801383' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:58 PM'][quote name='Bobcat43' post='801374' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:49 PM'][...]

Can't we all play nice and follow the rules. It's free and I for one would like to keep it that way.[/quote]
Sure we can.

Some of us just want to be sure what the rules actually are. So far, they make perfect sense to me. Like I said, I just needed Gxgolfer to clarify a couple of things, and he has.
[/quote]

Sorry it wasn't actually directed at you. The questions were valid. I just don't like to see folks calling our Mods "idiots" or anyone else for that matter. These folks have a thankless job and provide us with a great forum. There's just no room here for personal insults.

Again, I was more upset at the childish manner in which others unleash their frustrations. And this discussion was a good one and cleared up some issues.

Rules seem fine to me. I think its dumb when you see the same people posting the same stuff for sale for the same price. If a club doesnt sell on here, then its either priced too high or its something so bad noone wants.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]