Mizuno F-60

The Mizuno F-60 fairway woods feature a deep and low center of gravity through a lightweight titanium crown that is brazed to the stainless steel body. This allows Mizuno to strategically place the center of gravity for the perfect blend of trajectory and forgiveness. It also features a larger face area that inspires confidence at address.

Features

* Ultra thin titanium crown brazed to a stainless steel face and body create a low, deep center of gravity for optimal trajectory and forgiveness.

* Perimeter Weight Slot distributes weight deep and toward the perimeter for increased forgiveness and optimal launch.

* Elegant, traditional appearance with better-player preferred shape.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Anymore feedback on this club? I am thinking about getting the 4 wood, Is this deep faced making it harder to hit off the deck? Thanks.

TaylorMade Stealth HD 10.5* Driver
Taylor Made Stealth 2 16.5* Wood
Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids 21* & 24*
Callaway Apex 21 Irons P-6 
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 and 60/6 Wedges 
Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just bought a 15* F-60 with stock stiff shaft. I must say that I'm pleased with the stock shaft as it has a nice low torque, good weight, and good low-mid launch. Had to buy it as I just broke my trusty Cobra F-Speed '08 shaft by accidentally nailing it with a 7 iron shot (don't ask how!). Since it would cost more to reshaft it with a quality shaft, I bought this instead for $99 new! I hit a few balls with this and a 15* F-50 with a great Dynamic Gold S-300 shaft. I loved the feel of the F-50 with steel shaft, but I hit it too low and without authority. The F-60 felt just as good at about 25-30 grams less! I will probably like it more when I swing at my normal SS of 86-89 mph (with 3 wood). Did not go all out since I was playing golf and practicing my a$$ off from 6:40 AM to about 1:30 PM for HS golf team. Now I'll have to put good swings on this and will be able to work it all over the place with a penetrating flight- I'd hate to say it, but I kind of got sick and tired of the usual 225 with some roll and having to try REALLY hard to work the ball. I'll greatly like the low, rolling bombs with this!

**testing several drivers right now** 😉
Adams XTD Ti Fairway Woods, 15* and 18* with **testing** X-Stiff Shafts
Adams XTD Ti Hybrid, 20* (set to 21*) with **testing** X-Stiff Hybrid Shaft
Adams CMB Irons, 4-PW with KBS Tour FLT Black 120 Stiff Shafts
TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges, 52-12* (bent to 54*) and 58-12* (bent to 60*) with KBS Tour 125 Black Wedge Shafts

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 Tank, 36" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

backup: STX Sync Series 8 Putter (Red Face Insert), 35" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

Finally got out on the course today with my new 3 wood. I don't know if it was my swing (I doubt it), but I could not hit this wood at all! It felt good at the store, but I couldn't hit a decent shot with this to save my life. The shaft felt like a board today and most of the time the ball was grounding out to the left. When it did get up, it was way right. I really doubt it was my swing because I had great shots with my other wood today, a wooden Rawlings 5 wood with regular flex steel shaft. I feel that I either need less flex, less weight, or less torque because I striped it with my old Cobra F-Speed with a 63 gram and 4.5 torque stiff flex. I'll practice with the Mizuno a few more times, but I'll likely sell it for at least $80-90 since it's almost new. Maybe I'll buy a 3 wood online similar to the Cobra or use the money to reshaft the Cobra. If you have trouble getting the ball up in the air with a wood, do not get this! I guess I can only use low-mid launch shafts in drivers and irons! If any is interested in buying this, just send me a message and we can negotiate.

TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges, 52-12* (bent to 54*) and 58-12* (bent to 60*) with KBS Tour 125 Black Wedge Shafts

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 Tank, 36" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

backup: STX Sync Series 8 Putter (Red Face Insert), 35" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

• 3 years later...

[color=#282828]Looking back at my last post was actually pretty funny. I never updated about my performance with this club. Eventually, I got this club to work for me (reminder: 15* with stock 75-g. shaft stiff flex). While I couldn't hit it off the deck well (a mix of the club and my technique), it was superb off the tee for me and I usually hit fades with it - a surprise since I have an extremely strong grip and hit draws with my blades. It would usually go 230-240 off the tee. Last year I tried to replace it with the Adams Speedline F11 Ti 15* wood with the stock blue Voodoo in stiff, after buying and loving the 18* steel version with same shaft. I can hit the 5 wood high and with a draw - sometimes too much due to my tendency to hit left - and enjoyed it off the deck as well. In short, the lighter and more flexible shaft, combined with the speedslot and shallower face, made that club much easier to get in the air off the deck with some good distance, at least 210 off the fairway and maybe 220 off the tee; the speedslot especially helped on good swings where you thin the ball, with many misses still launching low-mid and rolling out a fair distance. While the 3 wood has enjoyed some good tee shots and approaches from the fairway, the club feels different all around and I still haven't adjusted from the Mizuno.[/color]

[color=#282828]Been playing limited golf due to school and no means of transportation or money, despite now living in Miami. Started playing more lately, and pulled out the Mizuno for a tee shot the other day - long, midflight fade that felt amazing. Considering I put a good swing on it and not so much on several tee shots with the Adams, I'm not surprised. But I could barely hit the Adams 3 wood off the tee (if I did, it was a horrible hook due to me buffing up this offseason) or off the deck. The 5 wood played reasonably well considering I haven't practiced much and have been going straight into a round of golf. Hopefully with more practice, I can master the F11 3 wood. If not, I'll put the Mizuno back temporarily as the gamer and will consider a fitting for fairway wood shafts (even for the 5 wood perhaps).[/color]

[color=#282828]I certainly regret badmouthing the Mizuno now, it's a really solid club if you have the swingspeed for it and like 3 woods off the tee more. It probably plays off the deck well if you have the technique. For me, it's probably better going with the 5 wood or a 2-3 iron and laying up to a wedge shot - that suits my strengths better than trying the 3 wood (fyi it's my longest club in the bag, haven't had a driver for years due to money).[/color]