SkyPro - really impressive

Thanks for the welcoming words!

AnthonyTX: Thanks for taking the time to post that image. You're right that we have seen a few units with similar issues. The information on this forum has been super helpful in allowing us to quickly diagnose what's going wrong. I appreciate it! I'll look into getting some pro swings for you to compare. The nice thing is that we'll be able to periodically post them online for download (as opposed to having to issue an app update).

Poppman: Good questions. An iPhone case shouldn't affect calibration as long as it has a relatively flat back. You just want to make sure that the screen is flush with the club face. Actually, a case with a rubber back can actually help prevent the iPhone from slipping during calibration.
You caught us with the tempo omission. It was planned for the current release, but some other parts of the app took priority and it didn't make it in time. I'll make sure it's included in a future release - I find it one of the most useful groove parameters for my swing.

SunOfGolf: Awesome to hear groove is helping your swing! The positive feedback means a lot.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gparke,

Suggestion for "plane mode". Have the app play three feedback tones, one for above plane, another for below plane, and one for on plane. Maybe it does since last update but when I tried all I heard were generic swing tones.

My only complaint so far is use of the app when using headphones. Can you guys update the app to run in the background when the iPhone is put into screensaver? Or take a cue from Golfshot and build your own screensaver so we can stuff the phone in our pockets while grooving with headphones on without worrying about screen touches in our pocket. I noticed the app works with headphones (can hear tones) but not if playing music in background or not when iPhone is in screensaver mode. I work on the range with headphones a bunch(w/ music) so better integration for that use would be great! Literally "groovin" to some tunes! Haha.

Oh and also, after achieving gold, or silver even, let us choose how many repetitions we want to groove. Maybe a list choice of 5, 10, 15, or 20. Especially if we are able to groove with iPhone in pocket in screen saver mode.

Loving this device, it literally is helping me correct my swing big time. I am fortunate to have a net to hit many reps into a lot so that helps paired with skypro. Groove is Gold.

[quote name='lawrencedc1' timestamp='1367887561' post='6982554']
Well, I just received mine today, and have spent all day trying to pair with my i4s. No luck. I guess I will be spending the day tomorrow with customer support or buy/sell. wish me luck!!
[/quote]

Sorry to hear. For what it's worth, I'm using a iPhone 4S with latest OS without problems. Make sure you don't have an iPad nearby scanning for Bluetooth or another Bluetooth device, as that'll mess you up if it pairs there first.

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1367886799' post='6982462']
Thanks for the welcoming words!

AnthonyTX: Thanks for taking the time to post that image. You're right that we have seen a few units with similar issues. The information on this forum has been super helpful in allowing us to quickly diagnose what's going wrong. I appreciate it! I'll look into getting some pro swings for you to compare. The nice thing is that we'll be able to periodically post them online for download (as opposed to having to issue an app update).

Poppman: Good questions. An iPhone case shouldn't affect calibration as long as it has a relatively flat back. You just want to make sure that the screen is flush with the club face. Actually, a case with a rubber back can actually help prevent the iPhone from slipping during calibration.
You caught us with the tempo omission. It was planned for the current release, but some other parts of the app took priority and it didn't make it in time. I'll make sure it's included in a future release - I find it one of the most useful groove parameters for my swing.

SunOfGolf: Awesome to hear groove is helping your swing! The positive feedback means a lot.
[/quote]

Great! Makes me even more happy I puchased one of these! Thanks for the updates and info!

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Gord,

Do you think you guys can you set setScrollsToTop to YES for the listview of swings? It becomes cumbersome when you have a bunch of swings.

Also maybe set up a way to allow us to custom sort the swing entries with different TableViews? It would be useful to sort by club, sort by date, etc etc.

It would also be nice if the groove feature had default swings in there. I mean... for example I tried grooving Halway Down Return Angle... it recommends it being close to 0, but I had to pick my own swing.... Being a newbie... none of my swings were near the recommended angle.

Heres another bug I've found... looks like the view isnt clearing when you reuse a cell?

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

[quote name='Jayman101' timestamp='1359651358' post='6336813']

While I like the new video feature on Swingbyte 2, I think it would be difficult to lock my iphone in place for filming and then viewing. Maybe it would work out just fine - hard to tell. Definitely looks like the mechanism to attach Swingbyte is much improved... but I still don't know how it could be precisely aligned to the degree the skygolf device is. Will be interesting to see how this technology progresses.
[/quote]

Try the swing monitor from GolfReflection (https://golfreflection.com/index.php/videos-1.html). I think the swing monitor will work great with either Swingbyte or Skypro.

The SkyPro delivers a ton of information--some of it obvious and some of it not. In looking at the representation of my swing, I notice that the shaft of the club turns red when you are off-plane in the plane view. Looking more closely, I see that only the bottom half of my club was above plane at the top of my swing (and hence only the bottom turns red). But it also showed that I was across the line at the top. Apparently I was also taking the club away outside, as shown when I zoomed in on the beginning of my swing (the bottom of the club turned red there too).

Perhaps most interesting is that SP shows my face angle to be open at impact, and this degree of openness changes from swing to swing. This is something I know I do; I consistently come from from the inside about 5º with my face open to target but closed to path. This results in a shot that starts right of target and draws back. Pretty cool.

Apparently the face angle measure is displayed in the swing graphics, but just isn't broken out as a metric.

There is a lot to this little device. ;)

[quote name='lawrencedc1' timestamp='1367887561' post='6982554']
Well, I just received mine today, and have spent all day trying to pair with my i4s. No luck. I guess I will be spending the day tomorrow with customer support or buy/sell. wish me luck!!
[/quote]

I had the same problem with my iPad. Returned it to Golfsmith for a replacement which worked with no problems.

Titleist TS3 9.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Titleist 917F2 15° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist 917F2 18° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist AP2 712 4-W NS Pro 970 S
Titleist SM8 Wedges 52,56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S Putter

Gord,

A few more requests:
[list]
[*]Ability to customize tolerances in Swing mode - I know my coach wants an aggressive shaft lean @ address. Its annoying to see the app keep calling it an issue.
[*]Ability to set numeric values in groove mode - sometimes I want to get to a certain point - I may not have a swing I want to base it off. It actually almost doesnt make sense to groove based on a swing you like... because groove mode singles out such a specific element you really arent replicating that swing anyways... you're just replicating a specific item.
[*]Ability to sort swings - after two outings I have so many swings its hard to recall which is which
[/list]

[quote name='AnthonyTX' timestamp='1367941696' post='6985818']
Gord,

A few more requests:[list]
[*]Ability to customize tolerances in Swing mode - I know my coach wants an aggressive shaft lean @ address. Its annoying to see the app keep calling it an issue.
[*]Ability to set numeric values in groove mode - sometimes I want to get to a certain point - I may not have a swing I want to base it off. It actually almost doesnt make sense to groove based on a swing you like... because groove mode singles out such a specific element you really arent replicating that swing anyways... you're just replicating a specific item.
[*]Ability to sort swings - after two outings I have so many swings its hard to recall which is which
[/list]
[/quote]

Ditto this.

[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1367942527' post='6985912']
Gord,

[/list]
[/quote]

You can sort swings. Swipe up on the list.
[/quote]

You mean in swing view? To get into the large list? When I do that I only have the ability to filter favs.

What I mean is, ability to drill down in various ways.... For example, think of the Music in iOS. You have:

[size=4]Ability to view by Playlist, Artist, Songs, Albums - its a different way to sort the songs... The premise would be the same here, you could sort by Date, User (future possibility?), Club, Number of Alerts, etc.[/size]

This gives the user many ways to find a swing theyre looking for. I feel like this sort of functionality is necessary because - like music - you will accumulate thousands of swings. Its crucial to be able to sort them all and not just filter by All or favs.

[quote name='AnthonyTX' timestamp='1367942995' post='6985948']
[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1367942527' post='6985912']
Gord,

[/list]
[/quote]

You can sort swings. Swipe up on the list.
[/quote]

You mean in swing view? To get into the large list? When I do that I only have the ability to filter favs.

What I mean is, ability to drill down in various ways.... For example, think of the Music in iOS. You have:

[size=4]Ability to view by Playlist, Artist, Songs, Albums - its a different way to sort the songs... The premise would be the same here, you could sort by Date, User (future possibility?), Club, Number of Alerts, etc.[/size]

This gives the user many ways to find a swing theyre looking for. I feel like this sort of functionality is necessary because - like music - you will accumulate thousands of swings. Its crucial to be able to sort them all and not just filter by All or favs.
[/quote]

Gotcha. Well you can find your favorites or sort by date, and even find by club (in date view, indirectly). I personally could care less about a swing I made two days ago or two weeks ago for that matter. If it's that important to retrieve(really only for grooving), surely I'd make it a favorite. I would think any of those sorting parameters you mentioned would be a piece of cake for them to add.

Hi gpark it's great you guys are on here. I got the device last night and updated the app and recorded around 80 swings using the iPhone. I have a iPhone 5 and iPad 4 I tried emailing my swings to the iPad and none of them work, I did send one of the demo swings "Mark" and it worked fine but the club was a putter and not the 6i. Also renaming the group headers and being able to move the swings into other groups would be helpful. I just send a few swings to a buddy with the iPhone 4s and he has the same issue

[quote name='DLiver' timestamp='1367937207' post='6985380']
The SkyPro delivers a ton of information--some of it obvious and some of it not. In looking at the representation of my swing, I notice that the shaft of the club turns red when you are off-plane in the plane view. Looking more closely, I see that only the bottom half of my club was above plane at the top of my swing (and hence only the bottom turns red). But it also showed that I was across the line at the top. Apparently I was also taking the club away outside, as shown when I zoomed in on the beginning of my swing (the bottom of the club turned red there too).

Perhaps most interesting is that SP shows my face angle to be open at impact, and this degree of openness changes from swing to swing. This is something I know I do; I consistently come from from the inside about 5º with my face open to target but closed to path. This results in a shot that starts right of target and draws back. Pretty cool.

Apparently the face angle measure is displayed in the swing graphics, but just isn't broken out as a metric.

[/quote]

Where is the face angle at impact listed? I tried to find it and couldn't. Thanks!

2024 Callaway Tour 
Ogio Silencer bag

[quote name='poppman2142' timestamp='1367958110' post='6987392']

[/quote]

Where is the face angle at impact listed? I tried to find it and couldn't. Thanks!
[/quote]

It doesn't tell you what that actual angle is but if you look at the club face from above at the end of the swing it will show it as closed or open.

[quote name='SStirling070' timestamp='1367958204' post='6987400']
[quote name='poppman2142' timestamp='1367958110' post='6987392']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It doesn't tell you what that actual angle is but if you look at the club face from above at the end of the swing it will show it as closed or open.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks!

2024 Callaway Tour 
Ogio Silencer bag

Just got my skypro. Charging over 6 hours red light still on. What happens when it is fully charged? Does the red light go off. Documentation is seriously lacking. Someone said the skypro site has some. Where on the site is it? All I see is how to buy it.
What is the typical charging time for the device when you first get it? What is the a typical time to charge it after a 1 or 2 hour session?

Thanks for any help
Dave

There are a couple of FAQ pages under the support tab on the SkyPro site. There is also a lot of info in the app if you can figure out how to access it--there is a help screen that provides a few suggestions on how to access additional information. But yeah the lack of documentation is pretty bad.

My SP charged pretty quickly. I think the web site said it has "smart" charging technology, which means you can't overcharge it. I used my iPhone wall charger and it only took a couple hours to fully charge. I think the red charging light goes out when it is done--not 100% sure, but there was some kind of indication it was full.

[quote name='SStirling070' timestamp='1367970104' post='6988328']
Mine was blinking while charging and then went solid when it was fully charged.
[/quote]

That is how it works. Solid red light means charge. Also when I got to the app knowing it was charged the help page did say that is how the charge light works. I was able to get swings detected but could not auto calibrate. I could not hold my ipad4 steady and level and then rotate it. I think I need a new device made to just do the auto calibrate. I tried to cheat by sitting down but this did not work. Another thing I need to learn is the swing library concept. Will start trying to dig up this information.

Thanks for the replies.
Dave

Does the top on the charging base need to be closed to insure the contacts make a good connection? When I just sat the unit in the base I noticed it wasn't sitting all the way down in the depression. Then I realized the thumbscrew wasn't all the way unscrewed. After unscrewing it all the way, it sat in the depression and made more solid contact. Then I closed the lid. The light is flashing. I take that as a [i]good[/i] thing.

Correction: I meant to type all the way screwed[b] in[/b].

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

[quote name='Mathwiz' timestamp='1367981830' post='6989650']
Does the top on the charging base need to be closed to insure the contacts make a good connection? When I just sit the unit in the base I noticed it wasn't sitting all the way down in the depression. Then I realized the thumbscrew wasn't all the way unscrewed. After unscrewing it all the way, it sit in the depression and made more solid contact. Then I closed the lid. The light is flashing. I take that as a [i]good[/i] thing.
[/quote][quote name='Mathwiz' timestamp='1367981830' post='6989650']
Does the top on the charging base need to be closed to insure the contacts make a good connection? When I just sit the unit in the base I noticed it wasn't sitting all the way down in the depression. Then I realized the thumbscrew wasn't all the way unscrewed. After unscrewing it all the way, it sit in the depression and made more solid contact. Then I closed the lid. The light is flashing. I take that as a [i]good[/i] thing.
[/quote]

yes the lid must be closed. Also the unit automatically turns on and off automatically during use. but if if you want to make sure it is shut down return it to the box like you were charging but don't put power on it and the unit will stay off. when you read the help in the app you will learn a bit more.

Dave

sorry no video or review today , got a lot more time with the skypro and took some video needs to be edited , and need a camera man to get the shots I need to show some of the features.. would have more but a lot of nosey people at the range today I guess using your ipad to take video means come over and look and ask about your stuff, instead of let me do my thing but anyways hope to have a nice full write up by the weeks end with video..

by the way the groove feature may be the best things for making changes to your swing , other than having trained eye on every swing.. used it to work on takeaway so far , and today hitting pitch shots using swing length groove. was great for dialing in that distance for half shots

Hi everyone, thanks for the input! I've made a list of feature requests, so we can work through some of them for the next release. Sounds like organizing swings is one area we can improve on. In the meantime, the search functionality may help - I'm not sure if you've found it yet, but you can search through swing names & comments if you scroll up past the top swing.

AnthonyTX: you must have do some iOS development? scrollsToTop is a good idea. Did you see that tableView header bug after updating to the latest app on Sunday? I thought we'd addressed that issue! Do you remember if it happened after a groove session?

SunOfGolf: good suggestion about the headphones and music. I hadn't thought to try the app while music was playing. I'll look into that.

Lawrencedec & Cardigan: Sorry to hear about the Bluetooth problems. Have you tried restarting your iPhone by any chance? Sometimes that helps with the pairing process (which you only have to do once). We actually connect to each individual SkyPro before shipping them, so the SkyPro's Bluetooth should be ok. Please let me know if you keep having problems and I should be able to help.

davel: You're right that the solid red light means it's fully charged. A full charge time should be around 3 hours, although that does depends on your power source. A full charge should last you about 8 hours of practice, we've achieved 9+ in our tests. I'll work on improving our documentation. Was the help menu in the app hard to find? Or could there be more helpful information in it?

Motoman: what happens when you try to share the swing? Does it get to the iPad but not reconstruct there? Good tip about renaming headers.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Gord

Gord,

I believe those were post update. And yes I think Groove was in the mix.

Search seems a little weak at the moment because it doesnt seem to search custom folder names. It seems to only search the title of the swing - which I have not been labeling.

Did you catch the request for numerical input for groove? I truly believe that would be very beneficial since there is so much isolation it shouldnt need to be based off a swing.