Ping Rapture

Rapture Hybrid

* Mulit Material Technology: 475 Super Steel Face, 17-4 Stainless Steel Body, Tungsten Nickel Sole.

* 17-4 Stainless Steel Body: The stainless steel body is engineered for control and forgiveness.

* High Density Tungsten Nickel Sole: The heavy, tungsten nickel sole plate positions the center of gravity low and away from the face for higher launching and lower spinnning shots.

* 475 Super Steel Face: The thin, super steel face provides a hot, responsive hitting area for added distance.

* Sloped Crown Design: This design helps bring the CG further down and away from the face, resulting in a club that is easy to control from any turf conditions.

* New TFC 909D Graphite Shaft: This new, premium graphite shaft was designed specifically for the rapture driver using high quality, lightweight materials which increase clubhead speed for maximum distance and increase tip and butt stability for better control and feel. The new Aldila VS Proto 65 shaft is also available.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great club,i have an 18 degree, vs proto stiff, very long, goes a mile, i use it off the tee instead of my 5 wood, great from fairway, not bad from rough, full marks to ping, only thing im not mad about is the stock grip, cant beat the golf pride tour velvet. i was using the titleist resue for a while , but distance was poor compared to the ping, it wasnt as forgiving either.

I have played the MD, the Rescue, and the G5 hybrids. My new Rapture 21 degree is the best hitting hybrid I have played. It does not hook like all the others. I can even hit a fade with it if I want. I am thinking about buying another one in a different loft. I am waiting for warm weather to see just how far this one goes.

• 3 months later...

My favorite of the various models I have played. It seems to be neutrally weighted which is a huge bonus!!! I have fought many a hook with TM, Cally, and Nike, but nothing but soft draws or slight fades with the Rapture. The other great thing about this hybrid is it is DEEP!!! Yet it lands like the butterfly with sore feet. I agree with the other poster, I'm not sure if I need to carry another fairway wood...

Cobra King Ltd Black 10.5º - PX Hzrdous Black
Cobra F8+ 16º - Aldila  NV 2KXV Blue 
Cobra King Utility 18º - Recoil 780 es 
Cobra ACP mb 4-P -TT AMT T.I.
TM MG 50º - DG
TM MG 54º - DG
TM MG 58º - DG
TM Spider Tour Black

Perfect Hybrid for me. Not as large as a normal 5 wood and not as small as a normal hybrid. Easy to hit and long.

TM Stealth Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue Velocore S

TM SIM2 Max 3W 15 - Black Tour AD Di7 S

Ping G425 Hybrid 19 - Ping Tour 85 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-7) ZX7 (8-W) Modus 120 S

Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 -50, 54, 58, DG Tour Spinner

Scotty Cameron Newport Select Custom 2015 model

Best feeling/performing hybrid by far for me. Most others I have tried have a very closed face angle, but the Rapture sits dead square. More pleasing to the eye for me instills confidence which in turn makes this club just the best I have tried.

I just wish that they had a lower lofted model so I would put that in my bg as well. The XCON is perfect for this head too. VERY SOLID! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the same exact club. 18 degree, vs stiff shaft. After 5 years of hybrids, this is the one that sold me on them. I can do anything with the club. My favorite part is the look at address, it screams confidence. THE CROWN SLOPE IS AWESOME! Im a Callaway guy, but good for PING. They made an incredible product with the Rapture hybrid. Its actually a hybrid of hybrids and fairway woods.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9*
PING LST 14* 
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 18*
PING Blueprint 4-PW
PING Glide 2.0 54*
Titleist SM7 58*
Nike Origin B2-01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The big question for me is "does it hook?" I draw the ball and my G5 has turned into a hook machine. Looking for something that is straight. Thanks.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

• 2 weeks later...

I love these. I have played taylormade rescue, dual rescue and tp in both and this one is superior to feel and distance. It is a cross between wood and hybrid and is very easy to elevate...no left in play with the right shaft but you can work the ball.

I have the 21 and 24 and they are great....just can't say enough about them.

I played the G5 for a while and thought the little head was the way to go...now I am eating crow because these are awesome.

24 degree in hybrid does not equal 4 iron...it is longer....not much but is longer.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone comment on the ability to work the ball high and low? The one downside to some of these hybrids is the inability to manipulate ball flight was you would with a normal long iron (i.e. hit down for some spin and higher flight or flatten your hands out for lower ball flight into the wind etc.)

I've got an Adams idea pro in the bag and it seems to give me that flexibility, more so than some other hybrids i've tried. Maybe that gives it the "pro" moniker. :drinks: I love Ping (as you can see from my bag) but the hybrids seemed better suited for the higher handicap guys, despite the fact that most, if not all, of their current tour staff have the Rapture Hybrids in their bags now. Maybe that's worth noting, despite the contracts they've all signed...

High/low with these clubs is no problem for me, perhaps the best clubs ever for me with regard to trajectory control.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone compared these to the Adams Idea Pro? What were the differences?

Length? Forgiveness? Utility? I'm looking for a 3 and 4 iron replacement. Will also use off the tee.

Oh yes, I'd love to hear a comparison here, too. I have the Idea Pro's and love them, but am a Ping faithful and want to get back to my hometown company!

Just purchased the 21 degree with VS Proto today. Took it out for 18 this evening. Everytime I hit this thing, it performed for me.

I had a G5 before that was very hooky, the rapture is not.

I have had a few different hybrids, but the Rapture is the best I have hit.

I am about a 15 handicap. Shot an 85 today.

WITB:
Tsi3 11 deg with Tensei White 65s
Tsi2 16.5 deg with Tensei White 75s
Ping g410 Hybrid 3-5
Ping i210 6-UW AWT 2.0
Mizuno T22 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Tyne
Sun Mountain 4.5 LS/14 Way

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the 24*. This, and my 21* already in the bag are simply the best performing hybrids I have found (I have a long list of hybrid misfires). The club just feels like it is weighted properly, the sole contour is just right, they are decent to the eye at address, and they can be drawn or faded--or hit straight. Very hot clubs, consistent distances (about 15-20yd diff 21 vs. 24). At the moment, I can't say enough good things. :russian_roulette:

• 2 months later...

I liked the 21 degree so much that I picked up the 24.

One of my playing partners is going to get a 21.

Nice looking clubs that really perform.

WITB:
Tsi3 11 deg with Tensei White 65s
Tsi2 16.5 deg with Tensei White 75s
Ping g410 Hybrid 3-5
Ping i210 6-UW AWT 2.0
Mizuno T22 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Tyne
Sun Mountain 4.5 LS/14 Way

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic clubs.

Started with the 21 to replace my 3-iron, and have since purchased the 18 aswell. VS Proto is a really nice feeling shaft with a good penetrating flight that is not too high.

Negatives:

They do look a little odd at address to me as traditionally I have preferred a smaller looking hybrid with a dark crown that extends all the way to the face, whereas these have the "strip" across the top that appears like an extension of the face.

I also find the grooves on the face distracting with the alignment aid - it does not appear to match up to the centre of the face to me!

Positives:

The results speak for themselves. Neutral face and weighting allows R to L and L to R working of the ball - I have always found it hard to hit a proper fade with hybrids, they always ended up as high pushes. The neutrality of these hybrids allows for a proper fade and draw when required, but the forgiveness is enough so that you can aim straight and any semi-decent swing will end up in a good position. This is a forgiving hybrid that is not biased one way or the other.

Distance is really good with the 18 degree a suitable 5-wood replacement. Because they can be faded, the 21 degree is a good 3-iron replacement in terms of distance, although a normal shot is longer than the same shot with a 3-iron.

Extremely versatile, I find myself using these on 2nd shots on almost every Par 5 on the course. I've never been great at hitting fairway woods off the deck, and these do the job brilliantly from the fairway and the rough.

I do have one more negative though - and that is that the 18 degree hybrid has made my 3-wood virtually redundant. Although the distance is not the same, the Rapture is a much better club for when you have to find the fairway off the tee - my 3-wood is sometimes a hit and miss proposition.

All things considered - 5 out of 5 for the Rapture hybrids. With a new line coming out from PING soon, these may be getting cheaper and cheaper.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

The Ping reps had their little tent going at my local range today while I was getting a lesson. I was looking very hard for a Ping G5 hybrid, but the rep told me to hit the rapture instead. He gave me a 21 with a VSProto 80-S shaft. My first shot was absolutely cranked about 225. I really like the feel of this club, as soon as I gather up $250 she's goin in my bag.

• 4 weeks later...

Best decision I ever made was to drop the 5 wood for a 2 Hybrid. The PING Rapture hybrid is awesome to say the least. Great feel at impact, workable, and it is an absolute bomber...very deep for a hybrid.

I demo'd several including PING G10, Bobby Jones, Nickent 4dx, TM TP, Cally FT, Adams Pro & Pro Gold, and the PING Rapture came out on top...the others were good too, but for me the Rapture really set itself apart because of how EASY it is to hit. I felt like I really had to make a good swing with the Adams, Cally, and TaylorMade, but with the Rapture, just point and shoot and still easy to work the ball. The PING G10 did not have the same feel and also felt a little draw biased which I didn't like.

The Rapture is exactly what I was looking for...I felt like I couldn't be precise enough with my 5 wood in the 230-240yd range, the shaft length of the Rapture hybrid is shorter than a 5 wood which gives me confidence and is just as long as far as distance goes, but like I said, much more playable and versatile.

This club is going to be in the bag for years, that I can guarantee.

Also the VS Proto Hybrid shaft is perfect for this head. I got the club used, in excellent condition, for $99...can't beat that

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

• 4 months later...

The Ping Rapture hybrid is a great club, however I think that the V2 is even better.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 2 months later...

I would love to hear from anyone who compared the regular rapture to the V2 rapture. Is there a big difference?

Titleist TSR3 9* Tensei Blue 55R

Taylor Made Sim 3W 15* Ventus 5R

Callaway Paradym TD 18* Hazardous Gen 4 5.5

Takomo 101 4-PW KBS Tour Lite R

Takomo Skyforger 48* KBS

Vokey SM9 Black 54-10S 

Vokey SM9 Chrome 58-10S
Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 35"

The Ping reps had their little tent going at my local range today while I was getting a lesson. I was looking very hard for a Ping G5 hybrid, but the rep told me to hit the rapture instead. He gave me a 21 with a VSProto 80-S shaft. My first shot was absolutely cranked about 225. I really like the feel of this club, as soon as I gather up $250 she's goin in my bag.

Should be able to find for $125-$175 on eBay.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Smoked this club on the driving range. When the honeymoon wore off it was a different story.
Plays to me like a players club. Very sensitive. Can be a hook machine. Need to put a very good swing on these.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour 65 Stiff
Srixon Z85 5 wood
Tour Edge Exotics EX10 3 Hybrid
Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF2 5-AW
Cleveland RTX 4 52 58
Ping Ketch

• 3 years later...

I really wanted to like this club, but couldn't hit it a lick. Probably not the club's fault, just a bit too player oriented for my skills.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#A4A4A4]Ping G Stretch 3 Wood[/color][/size][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G 17 hybrid[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G 19 hybrid[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G20 4 iron[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Ping i20 5-9[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Cleveland Niblick 42 & 49[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Ping Anser 56[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron Big Sur S[/size][/font][/color]