Questions about fitting and club/shaft choises

PPerryn ·  
PPerrynPPerryn Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1
Hi!

I was fitted for the very first time. I was sooo excited but the fitting experience was a total disappointment because the fitting guy wasn't really a customer servant -type. I thought that he would tell me the "marching order" and in the end I would walk out of the store with a bag of full of clubs. Well, after 1½h session I walked out of the door empty hands and swore I'll never return. Ok, enough of complainment image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm looking for Mizuno iron clubs, especially JPX-825 Pro, and my Mizuno DNA stats were 89mph 6 5 5 7. If I remember correctly, the Mizuno DNA recommendations for shafts were DG X100 soft stepped, KBA Tour X soft stepped and Project X 6.5 soft stepped. This fitting guy said that I should take DGS300 or KBA Tour Stiff or PX5.5 but I'm not sure should I trust him or not or should I go with the DNA recommendations?

I'm also looking for a driver and really liked new Cobra AMP with a stiff stock shaft and the Flightscope -measurements were pretty good too (~3100 rpm) even I was a little off with my regular swing. My driver club head speed was 102-107mph. I'm wondering if the stiff stock shaft is enough or should I think something else?

I know I should go to another fitter and test different shafts but it's not so easy here in Finland where I have to drive to a bigger city to find a fitter and the shaft selection isn't usually so extensive. I'm not even sure can you get soft stepped shafts at all which makes my shaft decision even harder.

I'm also wondering that if I show green light to Mizuno JPX-825 Pro's, I would like to buy them in 5i-PW (5i loft 26) and then add two JPX-Hi Fli clubs to my bag for long iron replacements. Should I go with JPX-Hi Fli 3 (loft 19) and 4 (loft 22) to get the right distances? I know where I'm going to buy the clubs if I decide to get JPX's and the store is giving me a free Mizuno hybrid club if I'll buy eight Mizuno clubs. What kind of hybrid should I take so that my bag's club collection would be reasonable? I was thinking to get rid of my 3-wood and replace it with a long shafted hybrid JPX825 (loft 16). Does this make any sense to you?

I'm currently playing hcp 20 and with Mizuno MX-300 with Dynalite R300. I'm getting a ton of spin (>7300 rpm) and the ball is ballooning high. I would really appreciate if You guys can tell me your recommendations and thoughts about shaft and club choises. As you can see english is not my mother language but I hope you will get the point image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks alot!
Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• DaveMacDaveMac Members  3206WRX Points: 200Handicap: 9Posts: 3,206 Titanium Tees
    First, thing your DNA produces the following shaft matches:
    1. Dynalite Gold XP X 100 soft-stepped
    2. Project X PXi 6.0
    3. KBS Tour X Soft-stepped.

Now, the right way to choose the best option is to test each shaft preferably using a launch monitor. The DNA factor which is keeping Dynamic Gold from being a recommendation is your release factor (7 is considered early).

My guess is the KBS and Project X shafts are likely to be your best fit. The optimiser software is limited to three shafts so I think you should test the standard Project X 6.0 as well.

The new JPX 825 pro will offer very little performance advantage over your current MX300's so you might consider simply re-shafting the 300's instead. If you go down this route you can get the KBS Tour in S+ flex. This option will cost less and you can simply order any hybrid combination you want to complete your set-up.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.