Swizbeatz WITB new byron and M2 tour page 5

null_zps6d3f2aa7.jpg

Driver - Nike VR Pro Str8 fit, 10.5, DI 6S, 44.5". Driver SS ranges from 103-110 and I haven't felt like I outswing the 6S at all.

null_zps5e431b07.jpg

4 wood - 17* Xhot pro with DI 7S shortened to 42". This replaced my sq2 early this season.

null_zpsdda2b532.jpg

Have been playing the Amp hybrid for a month or so now, no complaints at all. Its hot and the stock lightweight shaft kicks the ball high in the air without going left, so far at least. I adjust the loft down a little on windy days and up a little if its wet out which is a nice feature to have.

null_zpsefd363a0.jpg

Irons- Nike pro combos from about 6 years ago, switched from S300 to PX 6.5 flighted at the beginning of last year. Love the accuracy, feel like I need to work a little too hard with the long irons. Did some blue paintfill myself on the irons, the swoosh in the chrome is a B****. Play multi compounds in most everything including the irons.

null_zpsbe69c11d.jpg

Here is my experiment to hopefully not have to work so hard. The jury is out still for sure, not sure I like the pxi shafts.

null_zpse4991b67.jpg

Currently playing a 52/56/61 setup with the wedges, absolutely love both the 56 and the 61. Notice the wear spot on the bottom of the 56, do I need to bend it flat or is that more from opening it up in bunkers?

null_zpsdd5bafbe.jpg

null_zps4c7238d5.jpg

null_zps4e947d3e.jpg

null_zps1f88f5aa.jpg

I switch between the recent pickup pictured below and a newport 1.5 that I've had for a few years now. I also have a pretty sweet oilcan newport 2 thats probably rusting in my brothers bag right now. :angry22: Picks of the 1.5 to come shortly, decent paintfill job for a DIY that I want to show off. So far the SC is still winning the battle but I really like the Kuchar on fast greens. I haven't had any problem with distance control which was my biggest worry but it gets more awkward the longer the stroke.

null_zpsa69ccd89.jpg

null_zps6d5eae9e.jpg

null_zps085bf712.jpg

null_zps75c377d4.jpg

null_zps9db15891.jpg

If I were to make any changes soon it would probably be in the iron department, may have something coming together on that front soon. Not sure about the callaways and I'd still like something more forgiving, think ap2. I'll probably try out a g25 3 wood at some point when prices drop, I've heard they are point and shoot which vibes with the few times I've hit someone elses on the course. Some kind of hybrid long iron may make its way in soon, I'd probably use it during the warm summer months and switch over to the Cobra hybrid in the "offseason." Also for the record this site is basically the sole reason I'm turning into a club ho. :censored2:

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice setup B. You keep working and that handicap will work its way down. Either that or buy new clubs, that helps to.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

[quote name='nick.woods76' timestamp='1372124614' post='7317394']
nice clubs!

Not feeling the new xforged?? They look great - PXI sure are light though.

The SM4 are fantastic I agree with that - great wedges
[/quote]

Kinda pissed about it too because I hit them well on a launch monitor a couple times. I picked up like 6 yards and had a great high launch angle. Unfortunately I didn't hit them off grass and for some reason that made everything feel different.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='xios29' timestamp='1373825344' post='7452496']
I have the X Forged with C-Taper X flex, awesome feel and very solid. Hated the pxi shaft too light for me.
[/quote]

I agree, not sure how I didn't notice when testing. They are up in the BST so obviously they aren't staying, will update with pics of what's next hopefully this week. Very excited for it although there isn't anything wrong with the way the nikes are performing.

Still loving the K grind but I've noticed it doesn't spin a ton. I don't have anything to compare it to in hand, just had a few shots roll out more than expected the last few rounds.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='JosephGolf' timestamp='1378156761' post='7787083']
Go green!!!
[/quote]

Go white!

The hybrid is money. I've been struggling hitting the ball low and left and 200-205 was killing me, routinely a couple bogeys and a double on long par 3's turing 75 into 80. Hit the 23* and 27* g25's hoping for forgiveness and height, the 27* went between 198-206 carry depending on ballflight so I went with that. ~10 rounds in and no complaints, the stock tour stiff hasn't had a tendency to go left yet. Will probably pick up a matching 3 wood at some point if it continues to work for me, I've hit playing partners with good success and read a lot about how forgiving they are on here.

I'd have to honestly say the irons are only average right now but I have been swinging poorly for about the last 6 weeks. The shafts seem low spin, good for straightness but not good for my constant low pull miss into greens. The heads are what they are, some of the best feeling clubs out there imo. Oh well, I've wanted them for a year or so and won't be giving up on them until I see what they do when I'm swinging better. Sent the heads to UST, build quality was on point if anyone is curious.

Only other thing of note is the putter, the Kuchar is seriously the s***. I've never putted better and I grew up 30 yards from a green, I was pretty good at one point.

• 2 weeks later...

Bag looks great. I knew the day you hit Dave's you were hooked. I just picked up the G25 3 wood and 20 degree hybrid. Will have maiden voyage this weekend.

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

All aboard the g25 train!!! Just about everyone's bag should have one g25 club in it. Lol

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1379031528' post='7841261']
Bag looks great. I knew the day you hit Dave's you were hooked. I just picked up the G25 3 wood and 20 degree hybrid. Will have maiden voyage this weekend.
[/quote]

There's been some hinting at it, the g25's not work out for you?

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1379691177' post='7883329']
Haha, bunch of MI guys playing the G25, ho'ed a 10.5 with a tour spec that will be here soon. How you liking the iron shafts? Didn't post it here but I'm dumping the recoils for something else, been reading "nippon" search results all morning. :busted2:
[/quote]

I LOVE the Nippon 950gh's. I've played these in my last 3 iron sets (Cleveland CG4 Tour, TM TP MC's, and now G25) and I've really grown to love the feel. They are SUPER light, which I have always preferred in general. They actually feel a lot tighter than you would think a sub 100g steel shaft would feel. I don't overspin ANYTHING so I don't really usually have to worry about ballooning at all but going from MC head to G25, the ball flight was much much MUCH higher, but spin is still VERY controllable so the ball doesn't get affected by wind any more/less than MC. Great combination in my opinion for anybody that is low/medium spin player with the irons or just prefers a lighter shaft in the irons (although if you are med-high/high spin iron player then I would suggest getting them hard-stepped). Ping WRX dept is absolutely phenomenal. I had the irons built with Lead Edge grind, which basically dulls the lead edge just a hair, which works fantastic with the combination of wet conditions in northeast US and my steep swing.

Simply put, give the irons a shot, it should be a very cheap experiment as you can find the 950gh's on ebay for a song if you're patient.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions man! Best of luck to you!

[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Man I love my R11 4 wood with HD7 (my best club in the bag), but every time I see an X-Hot Pro 17* :wub:

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1379691319' post='7883341']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The G25s where high launch and high spin. I did use an S300 shaft but the heads have a very low CG so it was bad. They were easily a club to two shorter than my TM MC with C-taper stiff. I knew after 9 holes they were bad. The G25 hybrid was also a spin machine that ballooned into the wind. The G25 3 wood was great off the tee as it was point and shoot and never missed a fairway with it for 5 rounds when I used it. I hated it off the deck as I spun it too much. I am keeping the 3 wood as a tee ball but put a adams tight lies tour in for a fairway wood off the deck. I really think you would be great in a C-taper stiff shaft. They only weight 120 grams but keep the spin down and play firmer to flex (6.2 I recall). Pair it with a lower spinning head you like and you will be fine. I would avoid any GI head though.

2024 WITB: 

TM MINI DRIVER??

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1379811046' post='7891005']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The G25s where high launch and high spin. I did use an S300 shaft but the heads have a very low CG so it was bad. They were easily a club to two shorter than my TM MC with C-taper stiff. I knew after 9 holes they were bad. The G25 hybrid was also a spin machine that ballooned into the wind. The G25 3 wood was great off the tee as it was point and shoot and never missed a fairway with it for 5 rounds when I used it. I hated it off the deck as I spun it too much. I am keeping the 3 wood as a tee ball but put a adams tight lies tour in for a fairway wood off the deck. I really think you would be great in a C-taper stiff shaft. They only weight 120 grams but keep the spin down and play firmer to flex (6.2 I recall). Pair it with a lower spinning head you like and you will be fine. I would avoid any GI head though.
[/quote]

Why didn't you try the c taper in the g25? Might've made a big difference.

[quote name='willboyrd' timestamp='1379811875' post='7891059']
[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1379811046' post='7891005']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why didn't you try the c taper in the g25? Might've made a big difference.
[/quote]

I did, the spin was very similar with the C-taper in the G25 head. It didn't make a difference as the head really dictated the spin. I just need a lower spin and lower launch head. I'm sure they are great for a lot of golfers, just not for me.

2024 WITB: 

TM MINI DRIVER??

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Couple pics, new Cru headcovers thanks to a great WRX'er Tbone84, I think they look great. Under the driver headcover is a 10.5 g25 with a tour spec S tipped an inch playing at my preferred length of 44.5". Also a BST find and another great transaction, thanks boulAAYY. Already have a few rounds in with it, I initially thought it was short of my nike but when I turn it over a little its been getting out there to my normal spots. It's also down to highs in the high 60's so I think the ball is starting to fly a little short. Can't argue with how straight it is though and it hasn't been hooking left on me much at all, misses are all slight fades right which is playable. I think I'm realizing I'm the poster child for the honeymoon period though, every new club I grab works great for a couple weeks.

null_zpsebcc0fb1.jpg

null_zps9b194c7d.jpg

Keep those G25 clubs coming buddy! More G25 clubs in the bag = Lower scores. That's scientific fact. Lol

Cru's look good B!

2024 WITB: 

TM MINI DRIVER??

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??