Salty Putter Grips

rlheiman

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Froth' timestamp='1373941244' post='7462084']
I haven't felt a change this significant for $35 in a LONG time. I'm buying another just to keep un-used, should anything ever happen and for whatever reason they become unavailable. Seriously people, they're that good. I feel the ball all the way up the shaft and directly into my palms, Instant feedback before the ball is even 1" away from the putter face...My grip pressure is almost half of what it used to be and everything feels more fluid. Just wow, hard to believe nobody thought of this sooner! I couldn't agree with what you said more Ben, Best putter grip in golf hands down no contest.

Edit: within an hour of installing it I was hooked, I stood a pack of cigarettes up 15ft away in the hallway and knocked it over 10x in a row. O_O.
[/quote]Again, I second those comments. Grip pressure is way down and feel way up! Big fan in case you hadn't noticed :) BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1374006415' post='7467446']
For all you interested Bettinardi HO's I just noticed on the website that Saltys are available, that's sweet! BB
[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up just saw that now. I use their midsize gripmaster stitchback on my current putter and like the feel, wondering what a Salty would feel like kind of scared to pull the trigger.. also rlheiman- is it good to have those small indentations after 25-30 times?

The indentations are tiny, tiny. barely visible to the eye, but you can feel them with your hands. It is not a bad thing, not like a Birkenstock or memory foam by any means. Much less indentation than a leather grip or rubber grip. It is great because it is not the same kind of grip wear like other grips, just a tiny compression. But you can sand it out and get the grip completely smooth and fresh again.

Interested to see how well these hold up. Kinda want to add one to my newly refinished manganese bronze Ping Anser. Having similar colors would look totally cool. At $35 a grip...its on the high side. *sighs* Guess you gotta pay to be different on the course. I bet nobody in my area has these yet...

Driver - TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5*, HZRDUS Green 6.0 (60g)
3wood - Titleist TSi2 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 (70g), MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue (65g)
4Hybrid - PXG 0317x Gen4, Fujikura Vista Pro (65g) 
Irons (5-GW) - Honma XP1, NS Pro 950GH
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Forged  (54.12), CG15 (60.12)
Putter - Ping Redwood Anser

I've had mine gripped for a while now and I'm not noticing any wear, yes I'm personally loving both models actually. The real advantage for me is the added feel and swing weight, I play 33' putters and the heads usually feel light regardless of head weight.

No wear I can see at all, and I've been handling the hell out of this thing. I was concerned with other grips hitting it in the bag possibly damaging/chunking it but this thing holds up great. First time in a long time without a 3-putt today, I thank the Salty for this 100%.

SLDR 460 8.5° / TEE XCG6 16.5°
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55° / LW 60°
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

[quote name='Baby Blue' timestamp='1374955269' post='7550880']
I purchased one of these grips (midsize) and installed it. I did not like the feel of it, texture or size wise. Coming from a Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0, it felt way to smooth (not tacky at all) and way to big. I'm sure it may work for a lot of people and it seemed to be made well, it just wasn't for me...
[/quote]
You expected cork to be tacky? idk this seems like a troll type of post to me. I also just snagged one of these Salty grips with my nickname engraved to replace my Superstroke ultra slim 1.0 and this thing is awesome. unfortunately i have to wait until Monday to tear up the course. Looking forward to it.

S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink) Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x) 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex) 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour) 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper) PING Redwood black satin D66

Just received my Salty grips (ordered two) Shipped real quick, included some stickers and beverage koozie as well as a handwritten note from Mark. Nice touch.
Initial impression, great feel, very light and well made. I currently use mid size Winn grip so these do seem large to me.

Had one installed on the flatstick and headed to the course to test it out.
Once I got on the green I noticed the guy who installed it did not follow the instructions properly and failed to add the double wrap of tape on the bottom of the grip where the shaft tapers so there was a slight amount of play. Nothing too serious and did not effect the stroke but I just slide in some strips of my business card and this tightened it up.

Grip feels amazing. Soft and smooth which immediately gave me a lighter grip pressure and I was stroking it quite well, maybe even a little too light as I was coming up short a few times on the practice green. Greens could have been rolling slower in afternoon too.
Larger grip feels good and don't see any issue getting used to it.
Hope to get a few games in this week to give it a full test but honestly don't ever see myself going back to a rubber grip!
I love the cork! <------ snl skit
Stay Salty

Ping G400 LST 8.5° or G400 MAX 9.5°
TaylorMade 300 Mini 13° MiDr Proto 65
Mizuno 225 4-6 DG X100

Mizuno 221 7-PW DG X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 -50°

Titleist Vokey SM8 -54° 58°
Kingston Custom KP2 36"

Alright guys time for my update. I've had a bit of time to adjust to the new Salty grip and it's a keeper! I can't say that the performance is significantly better than my previous superstroke grip but it does feel and look much better. As discussed previously it does alter the feel of the putter a little bit but you'll get used to it. The grip looks incredible and I've gotten a lot of comments about my putter the past couple of days. I'll throw up some pictures when I get home. I'm very pleased with the grip and service from Salty (personal thank you in the package was a great touch, thanks Mark!).

Srixon Z545
Srixon F45
Adams Super Hybrid 20° (Tour issue)
Mizuno Mp-15 4-pw
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 RAW 52/56/60
Odyssey Versa O-Works 1W

I've got 8 Rounds and a good 30+ hours of putting practice on my Salty now, It's getting better and better every day! My thumbs have formed a very very small indent in the grip that makes it almost idiot proof to have the exact same hold on the club.

Honeymoon period is over, I still love this grip. Buy em.

SLDR 460 8.5° / TEE XCG6 16.5°
2-PW '94 Ram FXTG / Rifle 7.0
Cally Jaws CC SW 55° / LW 60°
Arm Lock Ping Cushin / Salty Grip.
WITB Link

I live in Hilton Head SC and was in the Harbour Town Golf Club for lunch a couple days ago and went in to the Pro Shop to poke around. While checking out their putters I noticed they had 2 putters with these Salty Grip on them. When I grabbed them, something just "clicked" with the way it felt in my hands. Stroked some putts and fell in love with this grip.
I'll be placing an order soon to try on my gamer. Cork grip.......................great idea!

I just placed my order for a custom grip but I had an issue with the order (which turned out to be my error). I emailed them about it and with in 10 minutes Mark called me to work it out at 8:30pm on a Saturday night!! What AWESOME customer service! After talking to him for a bit we found out I had put my Zip in wrong which caused the error, woops. But, honestly, I'm glad I did because I am very impressed with the service. He let me know that they will have a new website up soon, are going beyond the 12 letter limit and can scribe vertically for the customs. He said he'd get it out tonight for the customization and I'll have it this week. I still need to try the grip to see if I like it but these guys are awesome and I'm happy to support a growing company that looks after its customers. If the grip is half as cool as they are then "Salty for Life".

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

[quote name='straightedge' timestamp='1375583413' post='7599852']
Man, I have one of the old style super strokes (kind of heavy) on my oilcan newport 2, and after reading this thread I am dying to order one of these. I think the feel of the putter would improve and the grip just looks like pure class.
[/quote]Do it, will definitely improve feel 100%...BB

[quote name='tangojay' timestamp='1375589130' post='7600248']
How is it for people with sweaty hands? I play where it gets a bit warm and humid sometimes,,,,, does moisture do anything to it?
[/quote]They are sealed I believe so moisture is fine, you will notice your grip pressure really relax so sweaty hads should be no problem...BB

[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1375616074' post='7600932']
[quote name='straightedge' timestamp='1375583413' post='7599852']
Man, I have one of the old style super strokes (kind of heavy) on my oilcan newport 2, and after reading this thread I am dying to order one of these. I think the feel of the putter would improve and the grip just looks like pure class.
[/quote]Do it, will definitely improve feel 100%...BB
[/quote]

I took 13 putts on my front nine today, and 21 on the back 9. OUCH! The back nine forced me order one of these. I hope to have it on by next next weekend's round.