P790 Irons 5-AW
Milled Grind 54* and 60* Ceasarized
Spider Limited Edition
TP5 Ball
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hank_612hank_612 Members Posts: 48
  • RacineBoxerRacineBoxer Members Posts: 825 ✭✭
    anyone know when this bad boy hits the shelves?
  • gticlaygticlay gticlay Members Posts: 986
    If that ball can spin as much as the TF Exception Spin ball did, I'll bag it in a second. I LOVE beating people with a chitty ball.

Don't tell anyone but my PB 75 was shot with a Laddie Xtreme that I found on the course the round before image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> As if I need a ProV1 to shoot low - I can't even beat my PB with them.
  • jwfgolfprojwfgolfpro jwfgolfpro Members Posts: 1,324 ✭✭
    January

Dozen for $24.99
    Taylormade M3 10.5
    Taylormade M3 3-HL Fairway
    Taylormade M3 5 Fairway
    Taylormade M3 #4 GAPR
    P790 Irons 5-AW
    Spider Limited Edition
    TP5 Ball
  • Mward2002Mward2002 Members Posts: 1,080
    A three piece ball that can spin from Top Flite?

Looks like a solid competitor for the NXT Tour model in terms of price. If it's long and spins a lot, it could give the Pro V1 a run for its money at half the price.
  • divot46divot46 Members Posts: 679
    Don't tell anyone but my PB 75 was shot with a Laddie Xtreme that I found on the course the round before image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> As if I need a ProV1 to shoot low - I can't even beat my PB with them.

[/quote]

Laddie Extreme is a great ball! And you can't beat $10/doz.
  • pmcg no.6pmcg no.6 Members Posts: 235
    I'm all over this bad boy and the Wilson Staff Zip when it comes out.
  • wjdpar1wjdpar1 Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Thanks for the Pic! I'm a D2 fan and will try these. My Prov's are gathering dust in the closet.

• MiloshMilosh Members Posts: 306
    25 bucks for rock-flites?
  • jwfgolfprojwfgolfpro jwfgolfpro Members Posts: 1,324 ✭✭
    Rock Flite is dead baby.

These are like no other Top-Flite you have ever played.

I promise. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Taylormade M3 10.5
    Taylormade M3 3-HL Fairway
    Taylormade M3 5 Fairway
    Taylormade M3 #4 GAPR
    P790 Irons 5-AW
    Spider Limited Edition
    TP5 Ball
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members Posts: 6,559
    This is easier to see:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • thenewbiethenewbie Chimpanzee that monkey news! Members Posts: 1,549
    very interested in trying these. . .I've been switching between pinnacle exceptions and srixon AD333's (can't get srixons anywhere here for some reason, but I LOVE the exception, softer and spinnier than new NXT for me), and this one looks right up that alley.
  • jirizarryjirizarry Lefty Boomers Posts: 286
    thenewbie wrote on Oct 12 2007, 09:14 PM:
    very interested in trying these. . .I've been switching between pinnacle exceptions and srixon AD333's (can't get srixons anywhere here for some reason, but I LOVE the exception, softer and spinnier than new NXT for me), and this one looks right up that alley.

Check out this link in ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Lost-Golf-Balls_W0Q...sQ3amesstQQtZkm

their AAAA balls are as good as new and for a fraction of the price. I just got 72 AD333 for $48.00 plus $11.00 S&H. I've bought from yhem a few times and they always deliver. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

J.R.
  • thenewbiethenewbie Chimpanzee that monkey news! Members Posts: 1,549
    jirizarry wrote on Oct 12 2007, 09:48 PM:
    thenewbie wrote on Oct 12 2007, 09:14 PM:

Check out this link in ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Lost-Golf-Balls_W0Q...sQ3amesstQQtZkm

their AAAA balls are as good as new and for a fraction of the price. I just got 72 AD333 for $48.00 plus $11.00 S&H. I've bought from yhem a few times and they always deliver. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

J.R.

THANKS! definetly going to check that out.
  • chop180chop180 Members Posts: 367
    I'm not paying 25 bucks for top flights,..........can't do it. I'll spend 5 more for b330's/TM Reds.........to many balls in the 25-30 range......and yes I do like the D2's but for 15 for 15, not 25 for 12 for top flights. If they would just keep it below the 20 dollar break point I would go for them.
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members Posts: 9,985
    chop180 wrote on Oct 12 2007, 11:59 PM:
    I'm not paying 25 bucks for top flights,..........can't do it. I'll spend 5 more for b330's/TM Reds.........to many balls in the 25-30 range......and yes I do like the D2's but for 15 for 15, not 25 for 12 for top flights. If they would just keep it below the 20 dollar break point I would go for them.

I agree with you, and I think that the market will too. The D2 is a good ball for sure, and this new one probably will be too. I just don't see that many people spending that much for a Top-Flite. No matter how good it may be.
  • RacineBoxerRacineBoxer Members Posts: 825 ✭✭
    taylormade golf guy 182 wrote on Oct 13 2007, 12:37 AM:

I agree with you, and I think that the market will too. The D2 is a good ball for sure, and this new one probably will be too. I just don't see that many people spending that much for a Top-Flite. No matter how good it may be.

**** you guys ruined my top flite gamer obsession of the past couple weeks. But your right about the price.

I'm going to give it try though when it comes out. I want to like this ball, and I admit it image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • turnbowmturnbowm Members Posts: 810

Yep, a Top-Flite ball with a street price of more than $20/box will be a tough sell!
  • rick101554rick101554 Members Posts: 67
    turnbowm wrote on Oct 13 2007, 01:19 PM:

Yep, a Top-Flite ball with a street price of more than $20/box will be a tough sell!

I don't really care what the brand name on the ball is--if they perform like or better than balls in the price category, I'll at least try them. I think the TF brand has lost much of it's stigma because of the Callaway ownership and Callaway has engineered and manufactured some great balls--as well as the success of TF's D2 line, which is a very good 2 piece ball, at a great price. This isn't your father's TF, and if the Gamer performs well for it's price, I don't care what brand it is. Like the Callaway brand and it's products or not, Callaway is masterful at marketing, and if the balls are good, I'll bet they sell well, and will be talked up on this site. From what I've read, the ball will sell well below the MSRP of $24.99, likely at $19.99. Even if the price is $24.99, if you like the ball better than a Bridgestone E5 or E6(also $24.99), would you buy the Bridgestone's merely because of it's name, and because it isn't a TF? I'll buy the TF!!
  • omeletpantsomeletpants Members Posts: 443
    rick101554 wrote on Oct 14 2007, 12:20 PM:
    turnbowm wrote on Oct 13 2007, 01:19 PM:

I don't really care what the brand name on the ball is--if they perform like or better than balls in the price category, I'll at least try them. I think the TF brand has lost much of it's stigma because of the Callaway ownership and Callaway has engineered and manufactured some great balls--as well as the success of TF's D2 line, which is a very good 2 piece ball, at a great price. This isn't your father's TF, and if the Gamer performs well for it's price, I don't care what brand it is. Like the Callaway brand and it's products or not, Callaway is masterful at marketing, and if the balls are good, I'll bet they sell well, and will be talked up on this site. From what I've read, the ball will sell well below the MSRP of $24.99, likely at $19.99. Even if the price is $24.99, if you like the ball better than a Bridgestone E5 or E6(also $24.99), would you buy the Bridgestone's merely because of it's name, and because it isn't a TF? I'll buy the TF!!

You don't care but many do which is why they would never play a Top Flite
  • MilwaukeekidMilwaukeekid Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USAMembers Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I'll ask the same question someone had earlier. When are these supposed to hit market? I have not been able to get any info on these anywhere else.

The D2 are getting some great reviews by independent testers like Advanced Golf Solutions and Calgolftech.com. I guess the secret is in their ability to have a good/shallower angle of descent compared to most other balls. This gives them quite a bit of extra distance compared to other balls that tend to drop out of the sky once their spin rate starts to degrade.

thanks
  • MB1981MB1981 Banned Posts: 97
    Nice! I'm all about low cost quality equipment!
  • mcbush25mcbush25 Members Posts: 2,040 ✭✭
    I can't wait to give these a go. I love the D2 Feel ball so this can only get better for me.
  • phil75070phil75070 Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭

I'm with you! The beauty of t he D2s is the incredible price/performance ratio. Yes, the D2 Feel could use a little more spin but if the Gamer sells at retail then that is basically double the price!Too many other balls to choose from that perform at that price point.
  • Big_Guy_Who_GolfsBig_Guy_Who_Golfs Members Posts: 381
    Finally broke down and purchased a box of the D2 Feel balls at Sports Authority here in Chicago on Saturday. They had them on sale for 11.97 for a pack of 15 and I couldn't pass that up as an opportunity to experiment with a new ball on the cheap. I took them out to the course Sunday (temperature was a high of 55 degrees with light to moderate wind).

Wow - I was skeptical at first, but these balls won me over big time...

Driver Performance - Above average distance off the driver. As long as the Bridgestone E6 I normally play and just as straight. I could definitely hear and feel the ball come off the club face. It felt much firmer than the soft cover/low compression balls I normally play, but not so much that I would avoid it in the future.

Iron Performance - This is where the ball really shined for me. At least a 5-10 yards longer and the ball really held it's flight in the wind. I was really watching closely how it held the greens and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It didn't spin like a premium ball, but it took one hop and stopped most of the time.

Short Game - I really struggled with this aspect of the product. This is definitely the softest ball Top Flight has ever made, but it is still firmer than I would like off the putter. I rolled quite a few putts past the hole until I got used to the ball and still struggled with my feel quite a bit.

Durability - I didn't cut or scuff a single ball in play. They are insanely durable.

Overall, I liked the ball enough to keep buying them. Even at full retail, this ball has a ridiculous cost to value ratio. I would imagine the ball would perform even better in warmer weather. And if the gamer is softer with a higher spin rate, then saddle up boys and girls because it will be hard to beat it even at the higher price point.
  • brl11brl11 Jr. Boomers Posts: 455
    You can't knock it until you've tried it...i will give them a go..
  • nutternutter Members Posts: 399
    i'll definitely try it when it hits the shelf. all the D2 balls are great (they all seem the same to me no matter which i've tried)
  • tdsgolftdsgolf Members Posts: 5
    Sweet, Top Flite is finally re-introducing the Strata line under the TF name! I loved TF Stratas and was disappointed when Callaway shut down the line limiting TF to 2 piece balls. The D2 Feels are the real deal for a 2 piece, but it is nice to see the company that started the multipiece ball craze in the mid 1990's re-introduce a muliti layer ball again.

It will be interesting to see if the dimple in dimple technology works as well in the 3 piece ball as it does in the D2 line of balls. I can not wait to try one out when they are released.
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,292 mod
    I've had a chance to play both the TF 'Gamer' and 'Freak'. Believe it or not, both a are decent ball for the price. For those who were a fan of the D2's, be sure to check these out.
  • bulletbobbulletbob Members Posts: 198
    Sakman,

Can you be more specific about the performance, and what you liked, about each of the new TF balls? I've played both the Feel and Distance balls. Though I like both I now play the Maxfli Tour Fire. Hopefully the weather here in NJ holds out long enough for me to try TF's new offerings.