Scotty Cameron TOUR Putter PICS!!

gburgsgburgs Great Coaching Takes Good Players To Great PlacesCharter Members Posts: 720
Matte Oil Can Classic VII/Newport 2 Pro Platinum TOUR
After shoveling snow for 2 hours, there is no way I'm falling asleep anytime soon, so I thought I'd post some pics of 2 Cameron Tour putters I've picked up this week.

The first is a Newport 2 that was Cameron Beckman's personal putter. Very simple with little stamping and a blank sole.

The second came straight off the Cameron Tour Van at the Funai Classic this year. It is an American Classic VII with a matte oil can finish that I've never seen on a cameron before. Very unique, and I'm betting there are no more than a handful made with this finish.

Comments

• GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals Posts: 7,105 mod
    Very nice putters. Any chance either of them are going to find their way into your bag? Personally, I'm not an oil-can-kind-of-a-guy, but that finish works very well on the ACVII (not enough first hand experience to distinguish between a matt and standard finish on that though).

However, for future reference, it's okay to wait until morning to shovel snow--odds are the mailman isn't trying to deliver anything right now. Also, if you used a TM Mezza-series putter, you could have cut down your snow-removal time by at least an hour over the Cameron Tours. image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

beruo
    :hi:
  • drkhorse117drkhorse117 Members Posts: 111
    dude those are sweet...especially beckmans putter. thats the thing about tour putters, they are just so beautifully simple...anyways, enjoy those putters...
  • gburgsgburgs Great Coaching Takes Good Players To Great Places Charter Members Posts: 720
    edited Dec 9, 2005 #4
    beruo wrote on Dec 9 2005, 02:28 AM:

Very nice putters. Any chance either of them are going to find their way into your bag? Personally, I'm not an oil-can-kind-of-a-guy, but that finish works very well on the ACVII (not enough first hand experience to distinguish between a matt and standard finish on that though).

However, for future reference, it's okay to wait until morning to shovel snow--odds are the mailman isn't trying to deliver anything right now. Also, if you used a TM Mezza-series putter, you could have cut down your snow-removal time by at least an hour over the Cameron Tours. image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

beruo

image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> The Newport is going in the bag right away. I stroked a few putts inside, and it has an amazingly solid feel.

The matte oil can finish is much more durable, but I won't be putting that in play. I sent it in for authentication. I'll hang onto it for awhile. With the original oil can finish, you could put a finger print on the finish, and if you didn't wipe it off, it would oxidate the finish in about a week. That's an exagerration, but my point is that it was a very high maintennance finish. This particular finish does not have the "glossy"/shiny appearance that the more familiar oil can finish has. In comparing to another finish, I would say that the original production oil can finish is similar to the gun blue finish, while the 3X Black tour finish is comparable to the Matte oil can finish that my VII has.
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    Sweet pick ups! I love the looks of that finish on the AC VII. It makes mine looks awfully plain and normal! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • gburgsgburgs Great Coaching Takes Good Players To Great Places Charter Members Posts: 720
    pitbull808 wrote on Dec 9 2005, 04:30 AM:

Sweet pick ups! I love the looks of that finish on the AC VII. It makes mine looks awfully plain and normal! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks. It's on its way to Authentication today image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> It definitely won't be my gamer putter.
  • TourPro21TourPro21 PGA Apprentice Banned Posts: 545
    beautiful finish on the american classic!!! amazing putter, good pick up
  • AscanAscan Members Posts: 463 ✭✭
    Great pics. I love tour scottys...wish I could afford one. image/scotty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    WITB:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5*
    3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
    Irons: Mizuno Mp-32
    Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport with 3x Black Finish