Yes Tracy Putter

dudehere dudehere Posts: 334 ✭✭
legit or am I paranoid?
I bought this putter off ebay a couple of weeks ago. The seller has 100% positive feedback and has a pga.com address. The putter head was still in plastic when I received it but the 3 things that have me wondering if this is legit or not are:

1). The "c" in tracy

2). The back portion of the club is dark and the sightline is not painted a different color. It is the same color as the rest of the back of the club.

3). The shaft band is a slightly askew. I will post a picture later. (I went to my local golf retailer & there are a couple of Yes putters that have the band slightly askew.)

If anyone who is familiar with Yes putters can chime in on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• noodlesnoodles Members Posts: 38
    I don't know if that's a fake or what, I'm not really familiar with fakes, but that's the putter I play and obviously the C on mine is intact, the sightline is white, and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the shaftband. The sightline would seem to me to be definitely wrong, I tried several of this exact model in different stores and they all had the same white sightline.
  • AscanAscan Members Posts: 463 ✭✭
    I had a Tracy that had no paint-fill in the sightline. It looks legit to me.
    WITB:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5*
    3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
    Irons: Mizuno Mp-32
    Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport with 3x Black Finish
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    I have a YES and its really by chance that I recieved one with a white sightline, if you order from YES directly you really cant expect what to recieve. The sightlines seem to vary.
  • OnebulldogsOnebulldogs Members Posts: 1,362
    TheSultan wrote on Dec 9 2005, 08:42 AM:

I have a YES and its really by chance that I recieved one with a white sightline, if you order from YES directly you really cant expect what to recieve. The sightlines seem to vary.

If you want a white sightline, I did a good job creating one on my Yes Victoria with some painter's tape and some whiteout.

Yes has very good customer service and would probably be helpful