Tried old putter

divebreckdivebreck Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
Loved it! does this happen to you?
I have an White Steel Mallet that I have been playing with this year. I was practicing on the putting mat the other day and thought I'm going to get the old Ping B61 out. I could not beleive how well I hit this putter and how good it felt. Maybe my stroke has just gotten better , but I thought this was strange. This Ping has got to be what 18 to 20 years old?

Has this happened to anyone els? If so was it just good old feelings? Will it last ( I realize we are talking about a putter here). I'd love to hear some thoughts!

Comments

• Titleist87Titleist87 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me last summer - thougth I'd pull out a beat up Ray Cook flange blade - putted great if not better than my SC SD 2.5. The SC is still in the bag, however.
    Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
    MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
    Titleist 915H 3
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
    Titleist SM6 50 F Grind
    Titleist SM6 54 S Grind
    Titleist SM6 58 S Grind
    Titleist SC Studio Design 5
  • GenErrGenErr Posts: 345
    Yep - Over the years I've used an SC Tei3, Odyssey 2-ball and Yes Marilyn. Late this year

I pulled out an old Anser putter and was amazed at the feel the club gave. I'm not saying it

performed any better - it still had me on the other end - but the "feel" and "sound" were great.
  • papichulostevepapichulosteve Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭
    sometimes you just tend to lose the 'feel' of a putter and taking a break away from it really helps. thats a really crappy way for me to justify having three different putters but it helps me sleep at night.

seriously i think if you change up your putters you tend to regain a bit of that feel that goes away from extensive use
  • AscanAscan Members Posts: 463 ✭✭
    happens all the time. that is why I never get rid of a putter - it might work someday!
    WITB:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5*
    3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
    Irons: Mizuno Mp-32
    Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport with 3x Black Finish
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    I think that when you miss putts doubts enter your head about your putter. When you try a new it's simply that you have more confidence with the putter. Happens to me when I try something else so I just stick to my trusty 2-Ball. Be too expensive if I didn't!
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,275 ✭✭
    I like the old 'classic' putters. My Anser 3 is old enough to drink and the B60 is starting to sneak out of the house, steal my car, and chase boys.........

Maybe I should lock them both in the basement and buy a Newport 2.5---boy those are sweet lookin' honeys but my pocketbook says image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    As of 29JUL2018

TaylorMade M1 '17 440 9° HZRDUS Yellow
    TaylorMade M1 '17 3HL KuroKage
    Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron Modus 120
    Miura Baby Blades 3-PW Steelfiber 110
    Mizuno MP-T10 54/60 DGW
    PING Anser 2 Jim Wells
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
    OUUL h2oProof stand bag black
  • CoachCoach Members Posts: 138
    http://www.putterplating.com/services.html

Just got a putter back from him. image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
  • ShoxTPShoxTP Members Posts: 695
    edited Dec 15, 2005 #9
    [

Has this happened to anyone els? If so was it just good old feelings? Will it last ( I realize we are talking about a putter here). I'd love to hear some thoughts!

[/quote]

same here. had been using a white steel 2-ball cs and been putting like **** so switched to my old rossa.........wasn't quite right so i went to my dads old taylormade pro-formance putter.AMAZING feel!!!!!still love it, its so awsome.definetly a go to putter if im having trouble. image/smilie_tm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    TM R9 SuperTri TP 8.5° FujiMotoreF1-S
    Ping Isi 3W 15°
    Adams Super 17° Voodooo S
    Ping i20 4-PW CFS-X
    TM TP-Y 52°, Nike Vr 56° 60°
    Yes! Madison 34" SS Flatso
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Golf was fun ClubWRX Posts: 7,212 ✭✭
    I have always found that after a month or two your present putter gets to know you, therefore, you shouldn't ever sell a putter that you once had in your bag. You must understand that you need to return to square one, rolling putts with the "first" putter, then progressing up until you have found the perfect roll, which sometimes requires buying a new one. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />
    1 Club -- Adjustable
    1 Ball -- Very Long