A Maiden Custom Journey - My Machine

I've stupidly never paid attention to putters although that's the most most important part and club in the bag. Recently though, I stumbled on pics of a Machine and sent Chris an email to inquire... the rest as they say is history and you can see the pics below.

This is the M2A converter with Heavy Blade back finished in Hot Salts Gun Metal. I thought I'd like to accent that with some copper to contrast and with the good counsel of Chris and Jim Vincent and Dave, opted for a copper skeletonized pill cut PN, copper spacer and medallion. But that's not all, I wanted it to look even more special and as a team, we decided for a half cut Bongo in the flange. The screws in the bumpers of the flange have been colored to match the copper and credit to the detailed eye of Dave, he also colored the screw in the sole which holds the neck and also darkened the screws to provide contrast to the copper medallion. I totally missed these details when confirming the specs and thank Dave for picking up on these very important details. For a piece like this, I think details are especially important.

I opted to name this putter Casanova which Dave hand stamped in dancing letters so nicely. The paint fill for this and the sightline have been finished in a color matching the copper accents. A beautiful touch to a beautiful putter.

Performance specs wise, as this is a carbon steel putter, I was concerned about it being overly soft. I have also found that I am more comfortable with horizontal styled milled faces. In consultation with Dave and his team, I opted for TMG 32. Headweight is 355 grams, loft is 3*, lie 71.5 and 4* open face angle. I have a flat black Vibrant standard shaft in it playing to 34 inches.

Finally, I just want to say THANK YOU again to Dave, Jim and Chris! Casanova is my first custom putter and to help create it, the process, the education, all your involvement and guidance, (Dave's involvement, Chris' initial help and Jim's great turnaround to my many inquisitive novice questions), all of your patience.... the journey has been fantastic and a great experience!

If anyone is looking for a custom putter, give Machine a serious consideration. They will not disappoint and will help you materialize your custom putter ideas. I have absolutely no qualms about recommending anyone to look to Machine for a custom putter. The experience has been great and I thank you again.

• Like 1

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1379729546' post='7886915'] Truly a work of art. [/quote] [quote name='Brando5105' timestamp='1379730956' post='7887037'] That is one amazing looking flat stick... Great Job Machine [/quote]

Thank you for the kind words.. Machine have been great to finish from start to finish. Dave's involvement helped to enrich the process and I can only hope that all custom putter makers are at least like Dave.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1379730491' post='7887005'] Thanks Arthur! Appreciate the great comments! It was a pleasure working with you on this MACHINE. Thanks, Chris [/quote]

Chris,

It is you I have to thank for your patience. It must have been frustrating for you to deal with all my novice questions and I thank you for that.

copper & black... just looks great.

very, very nice

might i inquire about the face angle... how/why? im like you, feel as if it has been overlooked my entire life, though accounts for half my strokes... crazy. never been through a pro putter fit or the like... never thought about the face angle... curious to get the skinny.

Thanks all for the great comments! Much appreciated. Kudos to the Machine Team.

[quote name='313' timestamp='1379781454' post='7889049'] copper & black... just looks great. very, very nice might i inquire about the face angle... how/why? im like you, feel as if it has been overlooked my entire life, though accounts for half my strokes... crazy. never been through a pro putter fit or the like... never thought about the face angle... curious to get the skinny. [/quote]

Why the 4* face angle? It just works for me I guess... I stumbled on a putter earlier this year which had a 4* open face angle, 3* loft and 71.5* lie at 34. Rolls well for me so I've decided to stick with it. I plain stumbled on it LOL.

I've commissioned a slighter which is in progress now and that will have the same hard specs as does my Gold's Factory tuned putter.

Hi Art,

Thanks so much for the great review and very kind words.

This project was really fun to work on with you, Chris and Jim. We all enjoyed exploring so many of the options with you. And you know I always love to do some new work, including even small details like the copper plated screws and weights that made this putter unique and special and really come together as an Ultimate Custom!

I hope you enjoy it even more in person, make everything with it, and enjoy for many years to come! :)

Thanks again for your kindness and support.

Al the best,

-Dave

Really interesting design...Reminds me of a "steam punk" or Neo-Victorian type styling. I wish you many birdies with it. Machine probably makes the most unique putters out there.

G25 9° Diamana Blue 62 S 44.5''
G25 3w | 5w
G25 23° Hybrid
G25 5-PW | 26°-45°
Vokey SM5 50°F | 54°S | 58°K
Bettinardi Signature Series 6

Really cool idea to mix the copper and black ox and incredibly well executed by the folks at Machine. Like you said, it's really in the details on a putter like this. Get a few wrong and you have a nice custom putter that looks nice but maybe a little off...get them right and you have a cohesive design that just really stands apart. This one has the details right in every spot.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1379795198' post='7889949'] Hi Art, Thanks so much for the great review and very kind words. This project was really fun to work on with you, Chris and Jim. We all enjoyed exploring so many of the options with you. And you know I always love to do some new work, including even small details like the copper plated screws and weights that made this putter unique and special and really come together as an Ultimate Custom! I hope you enjoy it even more in person, make everything with it, and enjoy for many years to come! :) Thanks again for your kindness and support. Al the best, -Dave [/quote]

You honor me with a personal post here Dave. Thank you again for the good work, personal involvement and pride in this putter. Casanova is a lovely labor of love and where I have posted pictures of it and shown it to friends, I have received nothign but compliments all due to the good work of you and your team.

BTW, Jim probably has one or 2 referals frm me in his inbox :-)

Thanks again Dave!

[quote name='The90sWereGreat' timestamp='1379803615' post='7890515'] Really interesting design...Reminds me of a "steam punk" or Neo-Victorian type styling. I wish you many birdies with it. Machine probably makes the most unique putters out there. [/quote]

Thank you sir! If I don;t take my putting average down to 18 with this, I'm returning it to Dave for a full refund LOL.

[quote name='slide13' timestamp='1379815363' post='7891277'] Really cool idea to mix the copper and black ox and incredibly well executed by the folks at Machine. Like you said, it's really in the details on a putter like this. Get a few wrong and you have a nice custom putter that looks nice but maybe a little off...get them right and you have a cohesive design that just really stands apart. This one has the details right in every spot. [/quote]

Thanks. YES! I really think Dave and Team hit it out of the park for this one and it was very rewarding on a few fronts to be part of that process.

[quote name='is76550' timestamp='1379801925' post='7890411'] Dave and Chris do it again! That is a slick putter, it is really neat to see all the things that the Machine crew can do. I love my putter and can't imagine using anything other than a machine. [/quote]

Thanks. I see you're playing a Damascus. Acid etched? I think Machine is probably best at damascus treatment. Will probably add a Machine Damascus in the near future.

[quote name='LionGolfer' timestamp='1379989170' post='7901051']
[quote name='is76550' timestamp='1379801925' post='7890411'] Dave and Chris do it again! That is a slick putter, it is really neat to see all the things that the Machine crew can do. I love my putter and can't imagine using anything other than a machine. [/quote]

Thanks. I see you're playing a Damascus. Acid etched? I think Machine is probably best at damascus treatment. Will probably add a Machine Damascus in the near future.
[/quote]

Mine is the Hot Salts Gun Blue finish as I like the dark look but if I had the money I would get an acid etched one just like it. They are amazing putters and as the op stated a pleasure to work with.

TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

Been putting for with my Machine for a while now and I must say the roll and feel is fantastic! Really happy with the work DLR has served up!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a few rounds in with my Machine now. It putts as well as it looks. Roll is fantastic and the feel despite it being a multi piece putter is great. THe feedback with the Vibrant shaft is also very good and you can readily tell when you'e got or not got the sweet spot.

Very very good piece of work!