Dogs

calc61

My wife thinks I am cold hearted (compared to her; she is pretty emotional), but just looking at these pics and descriptions my eyes are welling up. Great pics BTW. Dogs just go straight to my soul for some reason. Looking at happy dogs makes me cry with happines, looking at dogs in distress makes me cry with sadness.

When we had to put down my childhood dog was probably the saddest moment I could remember for a long time. I hadn't cried in forever and when I put him in the ground I cried for 30 straight minutes. My dad sat beside me with his arm over my shoulder. It's cruel that they only live 10-15 years when they so quickly become part of your life, but the trick is to love em to death while they're here.

As I type this my German is curled up onto the couch next to me watching the cardinals game just stinking like a dog lol. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

[attachment=1925105:image.jpg]

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

I'm not one to dress up my dog or celebrate her birthday. Today the dog park had a halloween party and this seemed too easy not to do. TP and scotch tape I already had and was super easy. Being a white dog helped out also. She hammed it up to all the people in her normal fashion.

IMG_20131026_164014.jpg

IMG_20131026_164005.jpg

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dukeman' timestamp='1383777399' post='8112048']
Here's a picture of my foster dog, Henry. He is a beautiful, sweet, healthy english setter. He is a hunter outdoors and a real snuggler inside.

He is available for adoption

I don't know what happened to the pic. Click on it, and it will expand to the full photo.
[/quote]

Adorable. Love the scrunched up jowl.

Just curious, how old is he, and where are you located?

[quote name='sefus12' timestamp='1383923989' post='8119194']
Bailey decided to stick his head in the shower with me the other day. Here's the result (after i got out of course):
[/quote]

OMG, what a cutie. This is turing into the greatest threadjack ever. (OP, did you ever end up getting a dog?)

Keep em coming!

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1383923450' post='8119158']
Here's a picture of my foster dog, Henry. He is a beautiful, sweet, healthy english setter. He is a hunter outdoors and a real snuggler inside.

I don't know what happened to the pic. Click on it, and it will expand to the full photo.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thug....Henry is estimated to be 4. He is in Baltimore. HIs jowls are hilarious. He gets the Elvis sneer on both sides!

There is a write up and some more photos of his brother Victor at [url="http://www.esrescue.org"]www.esrescue.org[/url]. Henry and Victor are pretty much twins except that Henry has a black patch over his right eye. Victor is in Atlanta.

If you're interested in adoption, our rescue group can arrange transportation to just about anywhere continental US.

Bailey decided to stick his head in the shower with me the other day. Here's the result (after i got out of course):

You're supposed to hang a sign around his neck that tells what he did wrong and then take his picture (dog shame). For example:

dog-shame-i-love-chasing-skunks.jpg?resize=500%2C750

:)

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H

[quote name='dukeman' timestamp='1384000513' post='8123036']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thug....Henry is estimated to be 4. He is in Baltimore. HIs jowls are hilarious. He gets the Elvis sneer on both sides!

There is a write up and some more photos of his brother Victor at [url="http://www.esrescue.org"]www.esrescue.org[/url]. Henry and Victor are pretty much twins except that Henry has a black patch over his right eye. Victor is in Atlanta.

If you're interested in adoption, our rescue group can arrange transportation to just about anywhere continental US.
[/quote]

I'll check out your link, fall in love I'm sure, and then start negotiations. Right now I'm not sure what our capacity for a second rescue is, with 3 kids and me on the road a lot, but I will PM you...thanks.

And OMG, that pic with the humilliating sign brought a true guffaw out of me. That reminds me of one time when I was living in Cali I was walking my Golden, Marlee. She was in some really deep grass on a hillside. I wanted her to come to me so we could leave, and I saw the grass moving 20 - 30 ft away, so after a few 'Marlee, come here!'s with no dog appearence,I went marching over yelling and promptly got sprayed by a skunk, while Marlee popped out of the grass to my left. Even at that point I had to laugh. BTW, skunk spray isn't really that bad (your sensors quickly get saturated), except for your co-workers!

[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1383950444' post='8121032']
[quote name='Kuz013' timestamp='1383928323' post='8119580']
Here's my Dobe, just turned 7 months the other day

[attachment=1941344:cyrus1.jpg]
[/quote]

Mine turned 7 months last week......80 pounds of goofball
[/quote]

the best dogs, mines 70 lbs of energy, and strong as an ox!

TM R1 Blk NS Pro Regio MB
TM R11 TP Fujikura Speeder
Titleist 710 CB KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM 52.08 56.11 60.04
Bettinardi BB16 34"

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1384133081' post='8129446']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll check out your link, fall in love I'm sure, and then start negotiations. Right now I'm not sure what our capacity for a second rescue is, with 3 kids and me on the road a lot, but I will PM you...thanks.

And OMG, that pic with the humilliating sign brought a true guffaw out of me. That reminds me of one time when I was living in Cali I was walking my Golden, Marlee. She was in some really deep grass on a hillside. I wanted her to come to me so we could leave, and I saw the grass moving 20 - 30 ft away, so after a few 'Marlee, come here!'s with no dog appearence,I went marching over yelling and promptly got sprayed by a skunk, while Marlee popped out of the grass to my left. Even at that point I had to laugh. BTW, skunk spray isn't really that bad (your sensors quickly get saturated), except for your co-workers!
[/quote]

haha one of my 2 pups got sprayed in our back yard a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't too bad minus the fact that we were having people over that night and it happened at 5:30 am. I quickly tossed him in the bath tub and washed him. It helped alot, but he still stunk. A few hours later I bathed him in a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda and Dawh Dish soap. It pretty much neutralized the scent.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sh!t. I just checked out [url="http://www.erescue.org"]www.erescue.org[/url] and I lost it. I'm crying all over the place. How people can just reject these loving dependent animals......humans f*cking suck. WTF is wrong with us????

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1384307916' post='8140476']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sh!t. I just checked out [url="http://www.erescue.org"]www.erescue.org[/url] and I lost it. I'm crying all over the place. How people can just reject these loving dependent animals......humans f*cking suck. WTF is wrong with us????
[/quote]

Sometimes it really is sad for the field/sporting dogs. If they are scared of gunfire or just don't hunt well, their owners will abandon them, put them down, etc. Unbelievable

I try to remember that there are people across the country trying to find good homes for these beautiful animals. Far more good hearts than bad ones.

[quote name='dukeman' timestamp='1384383320' post='8145092']
Sometimes it really is sad for the field/sporting dogs. If they are scared of gunfire or just don't hunt well, their owners will abandon them, put them down, etc. Unbelievable

I try to remember that there are people across the country trying to find good homes for these beautiful animals. Far more good hearts than bad ones.
[/quote]

Our Lexi came from a shelter in Georgia, and she looks like a lab/hound mix. She has had her canines filed down (bird dog, right?). I'm pretty sure someone bred her to be a 'super hunter', but she didn't cut the mustard, so she was abandonded. Would people do this to their child who is disabled, or doesn't score a 1800 on the SATs? I think what many people don't realize is that humans don't hold a monopoly on possessing the qualitites of love and intellect/conciousness. It's not a yes/no phenomenon. There is a continuous spectruim of love/consiousness from primitive organisms through to humans, and dogs posess a boat load of those apptitudes. It's like chucking a Down's syndrome kid out on th street because they didn't fulfill your expectations or are too much trouble. Un f*ing real.

Here's Dexter with his baby sister. She is really fascinated with him. It's amazing to see how protective he is of her. If she cries, he'll run to to her to see what the problem is. Very gentle around her.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero with Rogue Max
Cobra F6 Baffler
Ping g30 19*, 22*, 26* hybrids
Cobra Forged Tec 6i-GW
Ping Glide WS 54* and 60*
Evnroll ER7

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1379898027' post='7894937']
There are no minuses! Dogs enrich your life and you cannot ever measure the amount of love & joy they give you.....your love for them is nothing compared to their love for you. Just please be a truly "responsible" dog owner. Dogs need three things.......exercise, discipline, & affection (in that order). Make your dog be the dog that everyone loves to be around.
[/quote]

Well said !!!!!

[quote name='Kaysquare' timestamp='1384527774' post='8153016']
[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1384140668' post='8129940']
Awesome thread, I have two italian mastiffs and they are amazing with our two young children. [b] I honestly think I like dogs more than people if that makes sense?[/b]
[/quote]To anyone who's reading this thread, it makes perfect sense.
[/quote]

YEP!!!

My girls waiting for some turkey last Thanksgiving.
[attachment=1950932:Beg_Cockers.JPG]

To put it simply, the greatest plus is when you have a dog you can always anticipate on them being happy when you get home.

I've met my best friends at the dog park. Some people say they have a hard time going on vacation or out of town. WIth my group at the park that is never an issue. Someone is always willing to watch my dog, and I am always willing to help someone else out.

I can say with 100% conviction that my life is better with my dog.

2334607186_c0940a4747_b.jpg

This is one of the coolest action shots I have seen of a dog!