The Wizard Short Game Technique Videos(merged)

Hstead

[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383140231' post='8077996']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383139831' post='8077966']
[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383139476' post='8077938']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383138952' post='8077904']
Ps everyone knows who you are. You can't stay away yet are horrible at concealing your identity
[/quote]

So??

You're suddenly the "all knowing god" now...you can't take disagreements?

So if you AoA is so shallow, what is the bounce now for?
[/quote]
Obviously this over your head. I can take plenty of disagreements. The bounce is so the club won't dig. Even if you are shallow, when the leading edge hits the ground it will dig. The bounce is so club glides on the ground and increases margin of error exponentially.

Did you not see the photo and how close the clubhead is to the ground for a very extended period of time?

There are disagreements and then when people are wrong. To say it won't work or isn't useful is asinine when there are hundreds of people I teach who can attest and videos showing how well it works. You can say you like your way better, that would be a disagreement. You saying it's not useful is asinine and doing so to start crap as you repeatedly do with me under your millionth screename because you keep getting banned leaves you with zero credibility.
[/quote]

No, disagree with you. The leading edge won't dig the ground if your AoA is shallow and the ball is exactly your low point (vertically, not horizontally or forward/back-wise). The built-in bounce on wedges is enough, no need to put more emphasis on the bounce.

Why you so concerned with my credibility, yo? My points are worrying you?

Me, repeatedly doing you with what?
[/quote]

I'm not worried. If the ball is at low point you'd never hit the ground. Low point will alway be below ground or you will thin it. So yes if the leading edge hits the ground it will dig. When did I say the built in bounce isn't enough. In fact there is slight shaft lean which slightly decreases bounce. Which is why I said use a wedge that has enough bounce built in. I didn't put any emphasis on the bounce other than choosing the correct wedge and slightly opening the face. I am NOT and don't teach anyone to add bounce dynamically. The whole point of what I do is the bounce and margin for error are built in at setup and not done with swing changes

Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383140333' post='8078004']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383140065' post='8077986']
[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383139667' post='8077952']
The reason the "bounce" method works is not because of the bounce...its because of the unhinging L wrist not being "forced" to be flat, letting it unhinge uninterruptedly/undisruptedly...makes the clubface travel squarer longer and more DTL...loft is added because precisely its being unhinged and "cups" earlier...
[/quote]
Shaft is leaning forward and left wrist is never cupping. Left wrist is FLAT and plane as day in the videos and photos. The reason it works is exactly the bounce and a shallow AoA. If the left wrist were cupping the clubhead would be coming off the ground and not staying close to it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about and the more you talk the clearer that is regardless of the screename you use.
[/quote]

Read it again. I said not "forced" to be flat, the L wrist being let to be unhinged uninterruptedly. Did I say no shaft lean, yo?
[/quote]
Yo if left wrist is cupping shaft isn't leaning forward. Yo again if you are adding loft you aren't having shaft lean. Left wrist is flat all the way til finish in the shot I hit with club head well below the hands. None of which would happen if loft was being added or left wrist was cupping (neither which are happening.)

Dan,
In Utleys method, it seems to be very similar except he uses the pivot to drive it. Is your method more of a feel of the arms driving the shot distance? Like how you use arms to regulate putting distance? It would seem they both work but need to find out what the player likes to feel as his distance controller. Hope that makes sense.

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383140591' post='8078032']
[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383140231' post='8077996']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383139831' post='8077966']
[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383139476' post='8077938']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383138952' post='8077904']
Ps everyone knows who you are. You can't stay away yet are horrible at concealing your identity
[/quote]

So??

You're suddenly the "all knowing god" now...you can't take disagreements?

So if you AoA is so shallow, what is the bounce now for?
[/quote]
Obviously this over your head. I can take plenty of disagreements. The bounce is so the club won't dig. Even if you are shallow, when the leading edge hits the ground it will dig. The bounce is so club glides on the ground and increases margin of error exponentially.

Did you not see the photo and how close the clubhead is to the ground for a very extended period of time?

There are disagreements and then when people are wrong. To say it won't work or isn't useful is asinine when there are hundreds of people I teach who can attest and videos showing how well it works. You can say you like your way better, that would be a disagreement. You saying it's not useful is asinine and doing so to start crap as you repeatedly do with me under your millionth screename because you keep getting banned leaves you with zero credibility.
[/quote]

No, disagree with you. The leading edge won't dig the ground if your AoA is shallow and the ball is exactly your low point (vertically, not horizontally or forward/back-wise). The built-in bounce on wedges is enough, no need to put more emphasis on the bounce.

Why you so concerned with my credibility, yo? My points are worrying you?

Me, repeatedly doing you with what?
[/quote]

I'm not worried. If the ball is at low point you'd never hit the ground. Low point will alway be below ground or you will thin it. So yes if the leading edge hits the ground it will dig. When did I say the built in bounce isn't enough. In fact there is slight shaft lean which slightly decreases bounce. Which is why I said use a wedge that has enough bounce built in. I didn't put any emphasis on the bounce other than choosing the correct wedge and slightly opening the face. I am NOT and don't teach anyone to add bounce dynamically. The whole point of what I do is the bounce and margin for error are built in at setup and not done with swing changes
[/quote]

Well then, I agree with you there, except that IMO the low point should be exactly level with the ground (this is what I meant with low point on the ball). Helps on fluffy lies, and works on hardpans as well.

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1383140792' post='8078050']
Are there any disadvantages to this method? Any shots that become more difficult to execute?
[/quote]

This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383141014' post='8078070']
The reason the "bounce" method works is not because of the bounce...its because of the unhinging L wrist not being "forced" to be flat, letting it unhinge uninterruptedly/undisruptedly...makes the clubface travel squarer longer and more DTL...loft is added because precisely its being unhinged and "cups" earlier...
[/quote]
Shaft is leaning forward and left wrist is never cupping. Left wrist is FLAT and plane as day in the videos and photos. The reason it works is exactly the bounce and a shallow AoA. If the left wrist were cupping the clubhead would be coming off the ground and not staying close to it. You don't have a clue what you are talking about and the more you talk the clearer that is regardless of the screename you use.
[/quote]

Read it again. I said not "forced" to be flat, the L wrist being let to be unhinged uninterruptedly. Did I say no shaft lean, yo?
[/quote]
Yo if left wrist is cupping shaft isn't leaning forward. Yo again if you are adding loft you aren't having shaft lean. Left wrist is flat all the way til finish in the shot I hit with club head well below the hands. None of which would happen if loft was being added or left wrist was cupping (neither which are happening.)
[/quote]

In that video I agree. But the way people in here talk about it, that doesn't seem what they understood it to be, including me.

I am not saying the L wrist is cupped at IMPACT. I'm saying its in the process of cupping, letting the L wrist unhinge uninterruptedly.

So are you saying we CONSCIOUSLY try to keep the L wrist flat with this method?

[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383140450' post='8078014']
Didn't realize there's a product to be released soon. Sorry to disrupt the marketing...
[/quote]

You hide under another screen name and disrupt a thread that has nothing to do with you. Just leave.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='Sabre3' timestamp='1383141018' post='8078072']
Dan,
In Utleys method, it seems to be very similar except he uses the pivot to drive it. Is your method more of a feel of the arms driving the shot distance? Like how you use arms to regulate putting distance? It would seem they both work but need to find out what the player likes to feel as his distance controller. Hope that makes sense.
[/quote]
Hands and arms are only direct contact to club. Never going to be precise distance control wise using pivot for distance control. Utley swings his arms around his body and is not using his pivot to control distance

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1383140554' post='8078028']
VEGAS:

Shearman/Chris P: +150
Russc: -130
[/quote]

I am thinking more the latest incarnation of Jblastpistics/miguealgolf

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1383141242' post='8078090']
Didn't realize there's a product to be released soon. Sorry to disrupt the marketing...
[/quote]

You hide under another screen name and disrupt a thread that has nothing to do with you. Just leave.
[/quote]

It has something to do with the subject at hand though. Who are you to tell people to leave, huh tough guy??

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1383140554' post='8078028']
VEGAS:

Shearman/Chris P: +150
Russc: -130
[/quote]
I was wrong, this is why I don't bet.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383141194' post='8078086']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383141014' post='8078070']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

In that video I agree. But the way people in here talk about it, that doesn't seem what they understood it to be, including me.

I am not saying the L wrist is cupped at IMPACT. I'm saying its in the process of cupping, letting the L wrist unhinge uninterruptedly.

So are you saying we CONSCIOUSLY try to keep the L wrist flat with this method?
[/quote]
No. Left wrist is flat because everything moves at the same rpm. The club staying low to ground post impact would be impossible while cupping left wrist. The video is very clear and I see nobody but you misunderstanding. Did you even watch it? If you keep clubhead low to the ground there will be no cupping. In the video I plainly state letting clubhead pass the hands and Rehinging is how you screw it up.

[quote name='dlam' timestamp='1383141248' post='8078094']
Dan
Nice pitch from tight lies
What do you do if really perch lie?
Modify existing technique or try something totally different ?
[/quote]
Sitting up is same technique, wanna be shallow, but square face so you have more surface area and don't slide under it. Tight lie face open to make face as short as possible and on fluffy lie sitting up its square so you can hit it high on face and still get good result

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383141109' post='8078082']
[/quote]
This is how to hit from a tight lie. Different variations for different lies. So no disadvantage from a tight lie. From a different lie I'd setup differently
[/quote]
What adjustments for a lower trajectory on a tight lie?

EDIT: I'm just going to keep asking you questions to keep you around GolfWRX. :taunt:

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1383141732' post='8078128']
[/quote]
[/quote]
What adjustments for a lower trajectory on a tight lie?
[/quote]
Same just vary how open face is. If wedge has 10+ of bounce just use square face. Set the loft at address for the desired trajectory. The ones in video weren't all that high. Slomo one has face more open. The technique gives greatest margin of error on contact. Loft will still affect trajectory like any other shot

[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383141501' post='8078116']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1383141242' post='8078090']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It has something to do with the subject at hand though. Who are you to tell people to leave, huh tough guy??
[/quote]

Tough guy? You joined just to jump in this thread and disrupt it. I'm not an internet tough guy just someone trying to get better at the game by coming in threads like this but unfortunately it's getting cluttered up with your posts.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383141541' post='8078122']
[size=4]No. Left wrist is flat because everything moves at the same rpm. The club staying low to ground post impact would be impossible while cupping left wrist. The video is very clear and I see nobody but you misunderstanding. Did you even watch it? If you keep clubhead low to the ground there will be no cupping. In the video I plainly state letting clubhead pass the hands and Rehinging is how you screw it up.[/size]
[/quote]

I asked the same question, I think the stills make it look like there is more of a hand action release, which is what you said not to do in the video.

JBL, GIKEN, MIGUEL, YO, whoever. I am the "marketing arm" that posted the video because I saw it and knew a bunch of guys on this site would like to see it too. Me and guys that have been taught this technique from Dan get dozens of questions about his short game stuff, because we ALL rave about how good it is for a reason, it works better than anything any of us have ever been taught.

Months ago Dan talked about doing a video when he was active every day on this site, but he never got around to it but now has. There are a lot of people who will like to learn how to do it, and I believe you were able to watch it for free like everyone else. So I need to go back to marketing 101 I guess?

If you do not agree with it, go elsewhere as mentioned before. Please do not bog my thread down with your drivel. Take it to the S&T thread, the 9 to 3 thread, or the ASI thread where you will be equally unwanted.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I remember from an old thread, did you say that to hit a shot out of the rough, to use the same general technique, but setup with the handle lower to encourage a slightly steeper AoA? Am I remembering that correctly?

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1383142167' post='8078166']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383141541' post='8078122']
[size=4]No. Left wrist is flat because everything moves at the same rpm. The club staying low to ground post impact would be impossible while cupping left wrist. The video is very clear and I see nobody but you misunderstanding. Did you even watch it? If you keep clubhead low to the ground there will be no cupping. In the video I plainly state letting clubhead pass the hands and Rehinging is how you screw it up.[/size]
[/quote]

I asked the same question, I think the stills make it look like there is more of a hand action release, which is what you said not to do in the video.
[/quote]

Like I said if you watch the video the still were taken from you can see club head never passes hands. Wrist uncock because they set going back but that is vertically not left wrist cupping

[quote name='CSchnee' timestamp='1383142501' post='8078196']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If I remember from an old thread, did you say that to hit a shot out of the rough, to use the same general technique, but setup with the handle lower to encourage a slightly steeper AoA? Am I remembering that correctly?
[/quote]
If buried basically the handle low at setup for the same reasons I said not to in the video on tight lies.

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383142616' post='8078210']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
If buried basically the handle low at setup for the same reasons I said not to in the video on tight lies.
[/quote]

Dropping the handle works so well for shots out of the rough.

Edel PROTO

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1383142616' post='8078210']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Dan!

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1383143286' post='8078242']Dropping the handle works so well for shots out of the rough.[/quote]

Any other changes in setup? Ball back a bit? Or is it still forward and just relying on the lower handle to increase AoA?

I've had good success with this method overall, but thick rough is giving me issues.