Plantations junior golf tour?

anyone play on it?
My coach is really trying to get me to play on junior tours because he wants me to get recognized by D-1 colleges, and he knows high school golf wont cut it. I have to be competing in these tournaments. I have a good friend in PA who plays ijgt tournys and my coach has been telling me to play there but really it is kind expensive for me. I have looked at stuff with the plantations tour(http://www.golffusion.com/pjgt/start_page.php) and it looks a lot cheaper than Ijgt but the competition does not look as strong. I was thinking about getting started with these and if i do really well then start playing ijgt. My confidence level is not very high when it comes to tournaments because in the past ones i have played i really did not do as well as i wanted to, and just really get down on myself.

anyone heard of this tour or play on it? :tongue:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes ive heard of it but never played on it.. i mostly play IJGT, in the spring ill play FCWT, and in the summer i play the AJGA and ill try to qualify for the am, jr am, and publinks. It is a little less competetive than the IJGT and FCWT, the better tour are ranked by the titleist/golfweek rankings system... a better suggestion is play a fe less tourney on a better circuit such as the IJGT...also if you dont have a ton of confidence you can always start on the PJGT and then later move up to tthe IJGT.

hope i helped

Dan :cheesy: :tongue:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

yes ive heard of it but never played on it.. i mostly play IJGT, in the spring ill play FCWT, and in the summer i play the AJGA and ill try to qualify for the am, jr am, and publinks.  It is a little less competetive than the IJGT and FCWT,  the better tour are ranked by the titleist/golfweek rankings system... a better suggestion is play a fe less tourney on a better circuit such as the IJGT...also if you dont have a ton of confidence you can always start on the PJGT and then later move up to tthe IJGT.

hope i helped

Dan :cheesy:  :tongue:

65659[/snapback]

well i had a plan similar to this, but it consisted of playing the plantations tour during this winter and ijgt come summer. I also will try some philidelphia tour or somethign that my friend was telling em about during the summer. I would play ijgt but it does get expensive, plus i have to pay for traveling and all that, thats why i am considering plantations.

Dan, did i think i saw your name in the results for the trump ijgt results. was that you? scores looks like it was a very tough course.

yes ive heard of it but never played on it.. i mostly play IJGT, in the spring ill play FCWT, and in the summer i play the AJGA and ill try to qualify for the am, jr am, and publinks.  It is a little less competetive than the IJGT and FCWT,  the better tour are ranked by the titleist/golfweek rankings system... a better suggestion is play a fe less tourney on a better circuit such as the IJGT...also if you dont have a ton of confidence you can always start on the PJGT and then later move up to tthe IJGT.

hope i helped

Dan :cheesy:  :tongue:

65659[/snapback]

well i had a plan similar to this, but it consisted of playing the plantations tour during this winter and ijgt come summer. I also will try some philidelphia tour or somethign that my friend was telling em about during the summer. I would play ijgt but it does get expensive, plus i have to pay for traveling and all that, thats why i am considering plantations.

Dan, did i think i saw your name in the results for the trump ijgt results. was that you? scores looks like it was a very tough course.

65798[/snapback]

Yeh that was me...BY FAR THE HARDEST COURSE IVE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!......the course was playing 7000 yards and the greens were undulating and lightning quick ...you cudnt stop the ball if you had a downhill put..... lots of water around the greens so you had to hit perfect shots.... i didnt play well at all but i kept my head in the game and stuck it out.......the course is soo hard...Fazio did an unbelievable job...IMHO it definately deserves a MAJOR!!!! yes i did just say that. but like all course as you play it more and more you get the hang of it.......lots of subtle nuiances to the course....15 of the 18 greens are influenced by a trout pond to the left of 5 green all the other ponds on the course have Bass..... a caddy keyed me in on that one... o and the 5th hole .....you were happy to take a bogey 5 and move on... making a bogey was more like making a par for the weekend....hole 5,6,7 are a loop that goes out and comes back in toward the clubhouse if you play it in 1 over par u are WELL AHEAD of the game. what an unbelievable course and what an oppurtunity it was to play it....truly a memorable weekend. :grin:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

He's right on. I played in one ajga in october of 04 and won it. I then played in thhe western junior this year and one other AJGA tournament. It wasn't that i couldn't afford it was just that my schedule didn't allow for it. I now of signed with a top 20 school in the country, and i've onlyplayed in three national golf tournaments my whole career. If you can post the scores, and you can win golf tournaments no matter what level they are at or what tour, you will get recognized and recuited. If that is something that you really want to have happen, you have to make it happen and get yourself out there. If you can play, you can play and no one can take that away from you. And just because you can't play in 10 national golf tournaments every summer, don't feel disadvantaged at all, because all though the AJGA is a great place to play and compete most of the kids are happy with a top 5 top 10 top 15 as where i am more concerened with winning golf tournaments. As are the kids like Peter Uilhien, Dave Chung, Jordan Cox, etc. These guys win, and they aren't pleased with top 5's. Just win and things will take care of themselves, trust from a person thats been there.

Croonie

thanks for the help guys, i am just about to get my plantations tour membership. the only reason why i brought this up was because i wasnt sure if it mattered if the tour needed to be big to get recognition. Like some of the tournaments only have maybe 20 kids in my age group, and the scores are not the greatest. some have won it with a 78 and 80 2 day combination. i saw that and i know i can win some of those events and get recognized, and at least be able to put that down for colleges to see.

The PJGT right now would be perfect for you. I've played this tour and its for someone just like yourself. Not much playing experience, not much confidence, just starting to play tournaments, dont want to spend the money to play in a higher tour. I would say start out on the pjgt and just do as well as you can and carry over your confidence from the pjgt to the ijgt/fcwt/ajga.

• 4 weeks later...

I played in that tournament to. What a tough golf course those greens were out of control. I mean look at the scores most other events they are in the low seventies but these are low 80's. That was just unfair to the players and I plan to never play there again.

Which tourney did you play in???