Cameron Tour player head weights

spo1971spo1971 Posts: 163
I've been doing so much reading on the "ideal" weight for Scotty heads at different lengths...anyone know if Tiger/Ernie/Adam Scott use a heavier head(340 or 350) in their 35" putter?

Comments

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    edited Dec 20, 2005 #2
    I will do my best to answer your question about the head weights. I had read quite awhile ago on the Scotty Cameron web site that Adam Scott was using a 350 gram head weight in his putter. You must realize that the pros change the putters quite often. I responded awhile back about Tiger's putter specs. The specs are the following: total weight: 491 grams length: 35 inches and swing weight: D-5. I do not know how this translates into putter head weight. As I stated before the gurus will have to try to figure this out. I have no head weight info for Ernie Els. I wish they would give the head weights on the Cameron web site. image/secret.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' /> Hope this helps. Michael
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Double RodsDouble Rods ...and they stay the same age Members Posts: 625
    I know that Elkington uses a 330g Newport Beach Studio Stainless.
  • spo1971spo1971 Posts: 163
    Thanks for the info boys. I too wish there was a little more info out there regarding head weight. I just recently had my 34.5 " SS Newport Beach head weighed in at 344 g. That was obviously after Hot Stix threw some lead tape on the bottom. I love the feel it gives at a D-9 swingweight, but I hate the look of lead tape. So now it looks like the best option is to buy a 350 gram head and re-shaft to my specs at 34.5". Any thoughts?
  • hogangolf4lifehogangolf4life Members Posts: 228
    mines a tour 35 inch but the swing weights a D-6. i know it weighs more than 330g, it was supposed to, but can anyone calculate the exact headweight based on this for me?
  • glenwayputtersglenwayputters Members Posts: 2,100
    hogangolf4life wrote on Dec 21 2005, 09:33 PM:

mines a tour 35 inch but the swing weights a D-6. i know it weighs more than 330g, it was supposed to, but can anyone calculate the exact headweight based on this for me?

Lee

if you know the shaft weight and grip weight you can guess, somewhat scientifically

jay
  • hogangolf4lifehogangolf4life Members Posts: 228
    well i know its a studio design grip and the shaft used in brad faxons putter so can anyone guess "somewhat scientifically" from that?