GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

I absolutely did not figure out Hogan's secret about 30 weekends ago

Comments

• Pinsplitter59Pinsplitter59 Members  976WRX Points: 3Posts: 976 Golden Tee
    THE TEMPTATION OF TYLER DURDEN<br />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned  20715WRX Points: 1Handicap: BeefPosts: 20,715 Titanium Tees
    haha, good stuff.
    Posted:
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned  20715WRX Points: 1Handicap: BeefPosts: 20,715 Titanium Tees
    This is a great post to revisit nearly a year later.<br />
    <br />
    Tyler where you at?
    Posted:
    So did you ever find the secret?
    Posted:
    tyler where you go man?
    Posted:
  • tylerdurdentylerdurden Members  1261WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,261
    My bad tembolo. I meant to return your email and forgot. I'm still around. Moved for new job so haven't been able to grind as much lately. Can't wait to fire it all back up though. Certainly feel like I'm on the right track. Want to go back and see Dan sometime soon. How you doing?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    <br />
    My bad tembolo. I meant to return your email and forgot. I'm still around. Moved for new job so haven't been able to grind as much lately. Can't wait to fire it all back up though. Certainly feel like I'm on the right track. Want to go back and see Dan sometime soon. How you doing?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Congrats on the new job my friend! Boston?<br />
    <br />
    Maybe we can get out and play...you are a short train ride away.
    Posted:
    Thanks man. Nope I'm in Richmond va now. So still a decently long season.
    Posted:
    <br />
    Thanks man. Nope I'm in Richmond va now. So still a decently long season.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    **** y0 lots of travelling for you.
    Posted:
  • playaplaya Members  8756WRX Points: 282Posts: 8,756 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Thanks man. Nope I'm in Richmond va now. So still a decently long season.<br />
    <br />
    What?!? More than a year after discovering "the secret" and you still haven't made the tour? I've been led to believe that Hogans sefret is a life changing event that transforms an average player into a major champion level ball striker overnight. I think the real secret is why you haven't been able to take advantage of the secret.
    Posted:
    Haha I thought he said he didn't figure it out!
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Well there's no secret just a bunch of swing components. So I didn't figure it out. Especially then. But I have learned a lot and hit it real good now. If you think a good golf swing and hitting it really well gets you on the tour then you are clueless
    Posted:
    Haha Tyler don't be so aggressive!
    Posted:
    Lol not aggressive just didn't want to sugar coat it
    Posted:
    <br />
    Lol not aggressive just didn't want to sugar coat it<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Bang! Hardcore.
    Posted:
    Tyler i'd like to get an update
    Posted:

Advertisement
    http://youtu.be/FU9TquBwUg0<br />
    <br />
    Here you be Tembolo. Sorry it's blurry. That's the latest though.
    Posted:
  • kristankristan Members  116WRX Points: 70Posts: 116 Bunkers
    WOW! This board is almost as brutal as the MB.
    Posted:
    tyler how's it going?
    Posted:
    Good man.. saw John Dochety and it was awesome.. working on some of the stuff I learned now and really happy over all.
    Posted:
  • AM19AM19 Members  236WRX Points: 54Posts: 236 Fairways
    Saw that over on Lake's channel, looked really good, seemed like you were stood a little more upright and the hands were getting left a little sooner.<br />
    I also noticed that your backswing looked slower and your hands just seemed to re hinge straight up after impact, no roll in the wrists, can you enlighten me as to why?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Thanks-<br />
    <br />
    standing upright is something I had messed with before seeing lake because i noticed hogan did it and was curious<br />
    <br />
    I don;t agree about the roll - I always feel like I'm turning the grip down just like hogan says in 5L
    Posted:
  • GuiaGuia Members  8702WRX Points: 172Posts: 8,702 Titanium Tees
    Hogan had no secret, he just practiced a whole lot. He "Dug It Out of the Dirt", no secret.
    Posted:
    I didn't mean you usually roll it, I meant that the club seems to go left and then re-hinge up pretty quickly just before the hands disappear left.<br />
    Having said that I don't see it in the newest videos in the channel, so could be turf interaction, or just my eyes haha<br />
    <br />
    Do you notice much benefit in standing taller? Seems like it gives a bit more room to get the club around because the shoulders can work slightly flatter post impact? (Although I guess if your shoulders get steep and you're still turning it'll still get left, just seems a lot of guys who get steeper in the shoulders stall post impact)
    Posted:
    I found a lot of benefit in standing more upright myself. Good stuff tyler!
    Posted:
  • ej002ej002 Unregistered  5129WRX Points: 3Posts: 5,129 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    THE TEMPTATION OF TYLER DURDEN<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Haha... Let the poet philosopher also be a prophet! That premonition rang true. . . Vader got him now.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    AM19 wrote:
    <br />
    I didn't mean you usually roll it, I meant that the club seems to go left and then re-hinge up pretty quickly just before the hands disappear left.<br />
    Having said that I don't see it in the newest videos in the channel, so could be turf interaction, or just my eyes haha<br />
    <br />
    Do you notice much benefit in standing taller? Seems like it gives a bit more room to get the club around because the shoulders can work slightly flatter post impact? (Although I guess if your shoulders get steep and you're still turning it'll still get left, just seems a lot of guys who get steeper in the shoulders stall post impact)<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    no worries man...<br />
    i would say I roll it though. IMO everyone rolls it including hogan and hunter. I don't buy the "body release" that KG is always talking about.<br />
    <br />
    I'm not sure if I have a benefit to standing talker to be honest. Just like to tinker.
    Posted:
  • ej002ej002 Unregistered  5129WRX Points: 3Posts: 5,129 Titanium Tees
    I think taller is good, you can set your club radius with a full UD of the left wrist.
    Posted:
    ej002 wrote:
    <br />
    I think taller is good, you can set your club radius with a full UD of the left wrist.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I agree with this, radius is a really key area of focus for me at the moment<br />
    <br />
    Tyler I'm not saying there's no roll, (thought those threads were ridiculous) I was only saying the way your club moves after impact in that video I hadn't noticed before, but the more I look the more I think its due to a combination of the turf interaction and my eyes (or just my eyes haha)
    Posted:

Advertisement
    AM19 wrote:
    <br />
    ej002 wrote:
    <br />
    I think taller is good, you can set your club radius with a full UD of the left wrist.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I agree with this, radius is a really key area of focus for me at the moment<br />
    <br />
    Tyler I'm not saying there's no roll, (thought those threads were ridiculous) I was only saying the way your club moves after impact in that video I hadn't noticed before, but the more I look the more I think its due to a combination of the turf interaction and my eyes (or just my eyes haha)<br />
    <br />
    I understand.. On that swing I think it was mainly just the divot I took.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.