2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

In Ear Headphones

gambit

Any good recommendations out there? I threw mine in the washer by accident. Looking for good sound with a mic on there for iPhones. I would prefer noise cancelling, but I know some just block out most of the stuff. I've been looking at the Bose SIE2i, MIE21, and the Shure SE 115-K and 215-K. Anything else I should be looking at? If it's something I can wear to the gym and not worry about sweat that would be a plus, but not necessary. Trying to keep it under $150.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a fan of in ear buds. I have tiny little rat ears so they bother me. BUT my brother in law picked up the bose noise cancelling set and I found them SUPER impressive from a sound quality standpoint. I typically like the Beats brand because I like a deeper sound to add treble and mids to but I found these less sterile than the other bose headphones/earbuds I have tried.

I picked up the Jaybird Bluebuds X a few weeks ago and they're fantastic. They sound great and are Bluetooth so you don't have to deal with wires. The range is fantastic as well.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

The Bose earbuds are very comfortable (they come with like 6 tips) have pretty solid sound quality and are durable as crap. I would highly recommend them. I had a pair for 3 years which I left on a airplane. I then got talked into buying a pair of Beats by Dre ear buds and they literally were one of the worst made products I have ever owned. The first pair broke in months. They got replaced under warranty and that pair broke within a month. 3rd pair, did the same thing. I finally went back and just bought the Bose ear buds again. 2 years later and they still sound great are extremely comfortable and work like new. For the quality of sound, comfort and durability they are hard to beat. I know other brands sound as good or better but combine comfort and durability in there and Bose wins easily in my book.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I've heard good things about the bluetooth capability of the Bluebud X, but I need something I can plug in so I can use it with my Shuffle for running. Not a fan of Beat either. The sound didn't impress me. I actually thought the Soul by Ludacris was better, but it wasn't very comfortable in my ears. Leaning heavily toward the Bose right now.

OP, you might keep an eye out on this deal. Maybe you can pick them up when/if they come back into stock.

Bose® QuietComfort 20 or 20i Noise Cancelling headphones ~$171 - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/6583032

These are also worth a look. I've heard great things about these:

Check this out on AMZN: Westone Three-Driver Universal Fit Earphone, Black http://amzn.com/B001MBLBXQ

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388192474' post='8357017']
These are also worth a look. I've heard great things about these:

Check this out on AMZN: Westone Three-Driver Universal Fit Earphone, Black http://amzn.com/B001MBLBXQ
[/quote]

Good looking out. I totally forgot about the Westones but have ears good things too.

Klipsch audio s4. (S4i for mic capabities) $100 at radio shack and worth every penny! A professional music producer friend recommended them to me and I love them. They have excellent sound reproduction. (10Hz lows-19k Hz highs) super rich and full low end, and spine tingling crispy highs. Very durable too. I wear mine at work (factory) the gym, walking around, on trips. Literally everywhere, almost everyday. No problems in the 3 years I've owned them. I also find them rather comfortable during long periods of wear. Hope this helps!

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1388188986' post='8356721']
The Bose earbuds are very comfortable (they come with like 6 tips) have pretty solid sound quality and are durable as crap. I would highly recommend them. I had a pair for 3 years which I left on a airplane. I then got talked into buying a pair of Beats by Dre ear buds and they literally were one of the worst made products I have ever owned. The first pair broke in months. They got replaced under warranty and that pair broke within a month. 3rd pair, did the same thing. I finally went back and just bought the Bose ear buds again. 2 years later and they still sound great are extremely comfortable and work like new. For the quality of sound, comfort and durability they are hard to beat. I know other brands sound as good or better but combine comfort and durability in there and Bose wins easily in my book.
[/quote] I can't stand those beats by dre! They're all low end, muddy highs and no mids! I don't understand why everyone loves them so much! There are way better for way less out there!

Bose, Monster, and Beats, you're paying for the name not quality. The Beats will fall apart rather quickly. Friend had 5 sets within a year and a half. Junk. Nose are decent but you can buy much better for the same money. Monster is junk.

I have 3 pair of quality buds I rotate:

Etymotic ER-4PT
Shure SE 425
Sennheiser IE80

All are quality and you're getting quality for the price.

I don't think this price will last $39.99. Regular S4 for $29.99.

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-S4i-II-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B008X8HZZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388255848&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+s4i"]http://www.amazon.co...rds=klipsch s4i[/url]

I have a pair, and they are very good. And at this price, they are a no brainer.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

I have some UrBeats and they're amazing, you just need to take care of them and they will last a lifetime.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388251092' post='8359323']
Bose, Monster, and Beats, you're paying for the name not quality. The Beats will fall apart rather quickly. Friend had 5 sets within a year and a half. Junk. Nose are decent but you can buy much better for the same money. Monster is junk.

I have 3 pair of quality buds I rotate:

Etymotic ER-4PT
Shure SE 425
Sennheiser IE80

All are quality and you're getting quality for the price.
[/quote]

I agree when it comes to Monster and Beats, but not Bose.

You're not going to get the greatest sound quality with Bose, but you are getting the best noise canceling in the business. That means more to some folks than sound quality. Just depends on the person as it's all subjective.

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1388256027' post='8359621']
I don't think this price will last $39.99. Regular S4 for $29.99.

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-S4i-II-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B008X8HZZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388255848&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+s4i"]http://www.amazon.co...rds=klipsch s4i[/url]

I have a pair, and they are very good. And at this price, they are a no brainer.
[/quote]

Thanks, I ordered a pair to take to work. I've been wearing cheapies because there's a lot of moving parts inside the power plant and ladders to climb and such that I can hang the cord on (even with it tucked inside my shirt). These, hopefully, will provide some of the sound quality I'm used to while I'm there (and yes, I wear ear muffs over these to protect my ears from the loud machinery inside the plant).

I've had a whole bunch.

Klipsch for me were absolute garbage as were the Bose in ear offerings. Never got the hype. Bad sound and uncomfortable. Maybe because they are what is avail to most locally.

Best under $100. MEEl M-Duos. Bar none. Second closest are the $79 Apple In Ears. Both are dual armature and produce a great soundstage. Duos are more bass heavy.

Going over a bill and you've got a whole range of options to look at. Personally i didn't notice much of a difference from the Duos through the $150-200 range honestly. Sure the $400+ Westys and the like sound good but I want those for the house only and am not going to beat them up at the gym and running.

Haiku as a sig?
They may be overrated
But I'm rocking one!
WITB:
balls, clubs, keys to your moms place...

I bought a pair of the Bose i20's before a flight to Africa a few months back. Almost 19 hours of plane time each way but I didnt want to pack the Audio Technicas I have as I was trying to save on space. These are absolutely fantastic headphones. Not only is the noise cancelling spot on but the controller box works great as well. Definitely leaps and bounds above any other earbud I've tried. Check out some of the more in depth online reviews as well.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

[Earphonesolutions] Audeo - Phonak Earphones 50% off - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/6593928

Check out the Phonak PFE 132's OP. They're $120 or so after coupon and have really good reviews on Amazon. A couple of people prefer them to Westy's and Shures.

[quote name='Stormymonday' timestamp='1388223658' post='8358335']
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1388188986' post='8356721']
[/quote] I can't stand those beats by dre! They're all low end, muddy highs and no mids! I don't understand why everyone loves them so much! There are way better for way less out there!
[/quote]

I have the 1st generation Beats Studio (2009) and they have not failed me. I got them for how deep they go. I'm not the type that will accept the sound given to me. I listen for range and tone. When I hear muddy highs and no mids, I know I can fix that. But when I hear sterile or no lows I know there is no fixing that. Sennheiser, BeyerDynamic and fostex are the hands down best but for the price you won't get the same dynamic range as Beats Studio for 300 bucks. I was not impressed at all with the lower end beats that I recently sampled. I'm not a brand homer....that's just the way it is. I did like one of the Sony sets but everything else I've tried is just not worth the price. I know what my ear likes and how to get it. That's the only determining factor for me (within my price range of course)

Consider me strongly in the Klipsch camp. The[b] Image s4 [/b]is IMO the best bang-for-buck earbud out there, and if you find them on sale you should jump on them immediately.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX