Mikey Town's WITB - New Wedges

I've been a member on here for a little while now, so I figured that it's about time to do one of these.

Without further ado...

The Setup

Bag%201.jpg

Putters

Byron Morgan DH89 "The Eraser Abides"

Eraser%20Abides%20-%209.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2010.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2011.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2012.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2013.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2014.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2015.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2016.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2017.jpg

Eraser%20Abides%20-%2018.jpg

Byron Morgan "DaBlade"

DaBlade-11.jpg

DaBlade-14.jpg

DaBlade-15.jpg

DaBlade-16.jpg

DaBlade-17.jpg

Byron Morgan DH89 "Eraser"

Eraser-1.jpg

Eraser-2.jpg

Eraser-3.jpg

Eraser-4.jpg

Eraser-5.jpg

Byron Morgan 612 "Grinder"

Grinder-1.jpg

Grinder-2.jpg

Grinder-3.jpg

Grinder-4.jpg

Ping WRX Classic Anser 2

Ping%20WRX%201.jpg

Ping%20WRX%202.jpg

Ping%20WRX%203.jpg

Ping%20WRX%204.jpg

Lajosi DD201 w/Copper Insert

DD201-1.jpg

DD201-2.jpg

DD201-3.jpg

DD201-4.jpg

DD201-5.jpg

DD201-6.jpg

DD201-7.jpg

DD201-8.jpg

DD201-9.jpg

Gap, Sand and Lob Wedges

Wedges.jpg

6 Iron Through Pitching Wedge (Satin Chrome finish by The Iron Factory)

MP69-1.jpg

MP69-2.jpg

MP69-3.jpg

Iron and Wedge Shaft

Iron%20and%20Wedge%20Shaft.jpg

2 and 4 Irons (Stickers removed and Satin Chrome finish by The Iron Factory)

MPH4-2.jpg

MPH4-3.jpg

2 and 4 Iron Shaft

2%20and%204%20Shaft%201.jpg

2%20and%204%20Shaft%202.jpg

5 Wood

5%20Wood.jpg

5 Wood Shaft

5%20Wood%20Shaft.jpg

3 Wood

3%20Wood.jpg

3 Wood Shaft

3%20Wood%20Shaft.jpg

3 and 5 Wood

3%20and%205%20Wood%20Crowns.jpg

Driver

Driver.jpg

Driver%20Crown.jpg

Driver Shaft

Driver%20Shaft.jpg

​Sunfish Headcovers

(shown with hybrid cover... the matching 5 wood cover is currently being made)

Headcovers.jpg

A Few More Full Bag Shots

Bag%203.jpg

Bag%204.jpg

Bag%202.jpg

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about anything in my bag. I'd be more than happy to help as best I can.

Special thanks to:

- Tai (Pure745), for allowing me to borrow the design element he created for use on my putters.

- Byron Morgan, for executing my putters flawlessly and exceeding my custom putter expectations in every way.

- Matt Pham, for being the best club fitter and builder I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

- David at Sunfish, for making a high quality headcover, for a reasonable price, and always being quick to respond to any questions.

- Craig at Jacob Hill Leathers, for being a part of the best customer service I've ever received... my 2 lizard belts and custom buckle (not pictured) are amazing.

Cheers,

Mike

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rob G 89' timestamp='1389232014' post='8425465']
Beginner question why not x flex on ever club?
[/quote]

No two shafts are created equally. Sometimes the flex written on the shaft doesn't reflect how it actually plays. Many shafts won't play "true to flex" like this.

For example, when my club builder was checking flexes while building my clubs, he said that my X driver shaft and S 3-Wood shaft both actually play to something that would equate to an S+.

In addition to shaft flex tolerances from different manufacturers, these are the flexes I was fit into based upon my swing speed, swing type and desired trajectory with each club.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thanks for the comments guys... I'm hoping to get out and photograph everything this weekend.

The photos won't be quite as nice as the ones of the Byron, though. Then again, that [i]is[/i] the only club in the bag that could be mistaken for a piece of jewelry. ;)

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

Holy smokes.. great bag! Everything is beyond top notch! Great pictures too, I finally got decent light to take pictures of the Damascus putters!

PS. Your bag is WAAAAAAAAAY too nice to have a Skylinks towel on it, just saying! :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Hey.. We have the same Titliest staff stand bag.

Does your clubs get easily tangled up? Mine does that a lot.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1389588009' post='8450365']
Holy smokes.. great bag! Everything is beyond top notch! Great pictures too, I finally got decent light to take pictures of the Damascus putters!

PS. Your bag is WAAAAAAAAAY too nice to have a Skylinks towel on it, just saying! :drinks:
[/quote]

Thanks Tai... I'll have to keep my eye out for your Damascus pics. I'd love to see the grain in that 612 with lighting that lets it "pop." I'm sure photos still do do it justice, though.

As for the Skylinks towel... I usually frequent munis as they usually don't make my wallet scream when I pay my greens fees. I usually only get out to one "fancy" course a year, so I like to rep the places that take care of me. I joined the men's club at Skylinks a couple years ago so I could play tournaments with my Dad. I have recently played a couple rounds with, and have gotten to know a bit, the GM over there. Really good guy and his people always treat me well. If I have a chance to get out to a "bucket list" course (Pebble, Riviera, a nice private cc, etc...) then that towel will go on my bag. Until then, Skylinks it is!

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1389588199' post='8450387']
Hey.. We have the same Titliest staff stand bag.

Does your clubs get easily tangled up? Mine does that a lot.
[/quote]

I've only had the bag for a week and a half, so I don't have much time in with it, but the one time it's been out on course with me (used with a Clicgear 3.5+) I had no problems at all. Phenomenal bag so far and I look forward to carrying it for a few rounds in the near future.

[quote name='peterra671' timestamp='1389588708' post='8450427']
Sick bag! Those sunfish headcovers look pimp in the titleist bag. Great pics
[/quote]

Thanks peterra671. The Sunfish covers are great. Mine are almost a year old and look like I've only had them for a couple weeks. I'd recommend them to anyone.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

Great thread. You take some great pictures. What do you use?

That stand bag is just second to none. Gorgeous!

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

[quote name='CactusGolf' timestamp='1389641203' post='8453239']

[/quote]

Thanks CactusGolf!

I have a few different cameras. Lately, I've been hooked on my Fuji X-E1... It's such a fun camera to shoot with, and it's easily portable. For events, fast action/sports and studio work (like the putter photos) I use my trusty Canon 7D.
Everything is edited and processed in Adobe Lightroom... and sometimes Photoshop, but only if I need it. I also have a few pieces of lighting and modifiers for the studio shoots, but I will save all of those details for the photography forum. ;)

If anyone wants to take a look at some non-golf photos, head over to my website: [url="http://www.mjf-photography.com"]www.mjf-photography.com[/url]

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1389640886' post='8453205']
Great pics and bag. Interesting setup going from 2,4,&6 irons. I have thought about ditching certain irons from my bag that I never really hit.
[/quote]

It's worth looking into.

My setup is the result of having inefficient gaps in the top end of the bag... plus I wanted a bit more help in the long irons. A butter knife 4-Iron isn't always the most confidence inspiring thing to look down at.

The H4s give a much higher ball flight than the 69s... that ball flight is also exaggerated by the steelfiber shafts, which launch higher than the KBS Tours.

When you take all the differences into account, even though the numbers on the clubs may look odd, the clubs actually gap out exactly how I want them to. Current carry yardages are: 6-Iron: 180 4-Iron: 195 2-Iron: 210. Plus I have a TON more confidence in hitting the long irons than I did before.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1389644148' post='8453507']
[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1389640886' post='8453205']
Great pics and bag. Interesting setup going from 2,4,&6 irons. I have thought about ditching certain irons from my bag that I never really hit.
[/quote]

It's worth looking into.

My setup is the result of having inefficient gaps in the top end of the bag... plus I wanted a bit more help in the long irons. A butter knife 4-Iron isn't always the most confidence inspiring thing to look down at.

The H4s give a much higher ball flight than the 69s... that ball flight is also exaggerated by the steelfiber shafts, which launch higher than the KBS Tours.

When you take all the differences into account, even though the numbers on the clubs may look odd, the clubs actually gap out exactly how I want them to. Current carry yardages are: 6-Iron: 180 4-Iron: 195 2-Iron: 210. Plus I have a TON more confidence in hitting the long irons than I did before.
[/quote]It makes a lot of sense to me. I switched irons last year and have run into the same yardage gap problem. The new irons have stronger lofts, so they are basically my new 5 iron is the same as my old 4 iron. Still working out the gaps, but I plan on going to a setup a little like yours. Probably going to drop my 4 iron and add an extra wedge/hybrid.

Sweet sticks. That Titleist Staff Stand back is awesome.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Diamana D+ 63g Stiff
Callaway XR 5 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 7 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 915 H 24*, Diamana D+ 82 HY Stiff
Ping i500, DG S300 105
Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58, Ping AMT Stiff
Scotty Cameron CA Monterey, 35"

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1389643307' post='8453431']

[/quote]

Thanks CactusGolf!

I have a few different cameras. Lately, I've been hooked on my Fuji X-E1... It's such a fun camera to shoot with, and it's easily portable. For events, fast action/sports and studio work (like the putter photos) I use my trusty Canon 7D.
Everything is edited and processed in Adobe Lightroom... and sometimes Photoshop, but only if I need it. I also have a few pieces of lighting and modifiers for the studio shoots, but I will save all of those details for the photography forum. ;)

If anyone wants to take a look at some non-golf photos, head over to my website: [url="http://www.mjf-photography.com"]www.mjf-photography.com[/url]
[/quote]I'll take a look into those. I have a basic point and shoot camera, but it just doesn't take the HQ photos that members around here take. I think that's what I need!

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

[quote name='Sidetracked' timestamp='1389678971' post='8456857']
How are you liking the driver? I love the shape of it.
[/quote]

I am not liking the driver at all... I am LOVING it!

While there may be a few drivers out there that I could hit farther (very few... my numbers are pretty close to ideal with the Cobra), I'm hitting more fairways with this driver than I ever have before. This is, by far, the most forgiving driver (for me) that I've ever hit.

It's going to be really hard to get this thing out of the bag. My only gripe is that I don't have another one for backup.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

[quote name='CactusGolf' timestamp='1389707876' post='8457743']
[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1389643307' post='8453431']

[/quote]

Thanks CactusGolf!

[/quote]I'll take a look into those. I have a basic point and shoot camera, but it just doesn't take the HQ photos that members around here take. I think that's what I need!
[/quote]

Hold on... no need to start looking into expensive camera body and lens combos if you don't need to. That can end up being more of a black hole than you could ever imagine. Heck, I have more money into photo gear than golf and billiards equipment combined (and that's saying something)! You would be amazed at what you can get out of a basic point and shoot when you take the time to learn about all it has to offer. These days, the basic point and shoot will do much more than just point and shoot.

What is your camera's make and model? Maybe I can give you a couple tips on how to get a more "professional" look to your photos.

Additionally, it's key to know how to get the most out of the photos you take with any camera. If you are willing to do some editing, after snapping the photos, you can get great results with a little TLC in a photo editing program. I can guarantee that all of my photos, along with the vast majority of professional photos you see out there, [i]do not[/i] look like that straight out of the camera... there is almost always some kind of editing and post-processing done... even if it's just basic color corrections.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

Mikey - thanks for posting these pics up. Your enthusiasm is infectious.

My compliments on the cleanest, most well presented set (and pics to match) on WRX IMHO.

I followed your 612 thread with great interest and have subsequently ordered a custom Byron DH89 myself.

Will post up pics in the Byron Morgan library when it gets here (in a few weeks??).

Cheers, Gav

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]