Anyone picked a college yet??

Just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me, goin away to college next year. Anyone else get recruited or gonna play golf in college next year? I picked Claremont-McKenna Collge in So. Cal. It was number #7 on the Golf Digest Academic Golf Colleges. Good luck to all you in the same position as me, or those who will be soon.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive really just started looking . my parents hired me a college counselor to hand le the academics and testing side of it. My play this from now through next fall will be the determining factor. I should prbably change my avatar as i have found the school i want to go to now i just have to get in contact with the coach(through proper recruiting laws) and go with it.

Grades arent really a factor i carry a 4.0 and take Ap and all Honors courses.

DaN "goose" :dntknw:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

Ive really just started looking . my parents hired me a college counselor to hand le the academics and testing side of it. My play this from now through next fall will be the determining factor. I should prbably change my avatar as i have found the school i want to go to now i just have to get in contact with the coach(through proper recruiting laws) and go with it.

DaN "goose" :dntknw:

Goose,

Northwestern's a great school... i have many friends who are alumni from there and they all enjoyed it... i do not know anyone who has played golf for them but have a friend who currently plays basketball for them, Michael Thompson, and he said that Northwestern Athletics is absolutely amazing... plus you'll be in the chicagoland area... we'll have to play when you get accepted!

DaN "goose" :drinks:

Goose,

Northwestern's a great school... i have many friends who are alumni from there and they all enjoyed it... i do not know anyone who has played golf for them but have a friend who currently plays basketball for them, Michael Thompson, and he said that Northwestern Athletics is absolutely amazing... plus you'll be in the chicagoland area... we'll have to play when you get accepted!

Ill look forward to it. I have been researching schools and from what i have learned about NW so far i am real excited. I have been told that Chicago is great. my uncle lives out there and both my parents have been to chi town but i havent..... they told me it has a architectural mix of NYC and Philly......and has the best of both of them.....so everything ive heard has been great. I know alot of members on here are from Chicagoland too so if i end up going there and play on the golf team u'll have to all come to the big ten championship...LOL........NW has the best indoor facility in the college golf world.

DaN ""goose" :dntknw:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

I really messed up my freshman year and ended up with a 2.0 GPA for the year. I currently have a 2.75 for this semester (effing spanish). I really want to go to Campbell University or UNC-Greensboro. Wetern Carolina University would be cool too. I need to find a place where I can play golf and stand out. The last thing I want to do is play golf in college but never get to play matches. I pray every day that I would play better so I can have more of a choice. I hate blocked scheduleing. It only gives me 4 classes a semester to take. I have 2 A's a low B and a F.

I really messed up my freshman year and ended up with a 2.0 GPA for the year. I currently have a 2.75 for this semester (effing spanish). I really want to go to Campbell University or UNC-Greensboro. Wetern Carolina University would be cool too. I need to find a place where I can play golf and stand out. The last thing I want to do is play golf in college but never get to play matches. I pray every day that I would play better so I can have more of a choice. I hate blocked scheduleing. It only gives me 4 classes a semester to take. I have 2 A's a low B and a F.

Cant you just drop the class you donbt like and arent doing well in and pick up another one????? Glad i dont have to worry about academics.......im lazy as hell and carry a 3.9-4.0

DaN"goose" :dntknw:

In high school i have a 4.549 weighted and unweighted its about a 3.75. National Merit Commended etc. I just found out about a week or two ago where im going. I went early decision to Amherst college in Amherst, Mass and got in. I was recruited to play on there golf team and will be playing there next year. Division 3 golf but it's ok with me since its #2 liberal arts college in the country. We have pretty good indoor practice facilities, 3 hitting bays indoors with a putting green with a few holes and a place if you want you can chip onto the green.

GO JEFFS!!!! (that's our mascot)

Congrats to the original poster on Claremont.

Good luck with NW Goose, have a couple friends there that love it, good school fun town. And good idea with all these threads (new member as you can see).

Yes he did... He is a golfer that every one fo us should try to emulate. His game is a smart well played and i control one.

Dan "goose" :)

(CONGRATULATIONS ON AMHERST!!!!)

One of my buds is going to Texas A&M and my other friend went to Okie St. on a recruited walk on spot last year. I accepted my scholarship to the University of Kansas. Beyond popular belief, people from Nebraska can play.

Goose, I know your good and all, but how could you get a scholarship from Northwestern when you havent done anything on the AJGA (or am I wrong). I won a national tournament my soph summer and Northwestern sent me some stuff. Seems like a great place.

Very true Goose, just try and get into some AJGA's and tournaments along those lines, maybe try to qualify for the U.S. junior Am etc. Unfortunately big golf schools have been keeping their eye on players since the summer btwn their soph. and junior yr that they're interested in, so its a little bit behind but if you play well enough maybe you can catch their eye and make up for it. Def. good luck in that quest and just keep practicing, it'll pay off in the end even if not for NWU but somewhere.

Very true Goose, just try and get into some AJGA's and tournaments along those lines, maybe try to qualify for the U.S. junior Am etc. Unfortunately big golf schools have been keeping their eye on players since the summer btwn their soph. and junior yr that they're interested in, so its a little bit behind but if you play well enough maybe you can catch their eye and make up for it. Def. good luck in that quest and just keep practicing, it'll pay off in the end even if not for NWU but somewhere.

Yewh, ive been doing that...last summer i played in AJGA qualifiers and have like 1 or 2 exemtions saved up. I play in IJGT events as well as trying to qualify for the Jr. AM. I missed it by 2 or 3 shots last year. as my dad says "make more Putts" and ill be fine. LoL

DaN "goose" :)