JC671's WITB. Now with lots of headcovers.

Nice setup. What did you like about the TS over the DI in the SLDR?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1390023249' post='8482117']
Nice setup. What did you like about the TS over the DI in the SLDR?
[/quote]

The TS is definitely longer than the DI, for me. On the course I was seeing +10 yards, even got a couple that were closer to 20 yards longer than my usual spots. The distance with the SLDR/DI combo was equal with my Covert/TS combo, but a little straighter on misses, so there was very little gain with that combo. The extra distance and forgiveness sold me on the SLDR/TS combo. Misses with the SLDR held their lines better than the Covert.

WITB Link

• 3 weeks later...

After reading ROBO's "DIY SLDR" thread and actually hitting the SLDR and liking it, I did this...

12451825583_f346d54745.jpg

Head weighed 196 grams without the sleeve. I added 11 grams of lead tape right up against the face, totaling 207 grams. Not quite Froth worthy, but I did my best to cut the lead tape so it blends in.

Took it out to the range last night and got to hit it. It launched a lot lower and seemed to have spun less as the ball just kept diving. I eventually turned the loft up to 10.5 from 8.5 and was getting a much better trajectory. It was hard to tell what I was getting distance wise as the end of the range was pretty dark. I'm looking to get it out on the course this weekend.

WITB Link

Newest addition to the bag...

12469989383_1744d45678.jpg

12469825775_26b34a2459.jpg

I've been keeping an eye out for one of these since I first saw one pop up on the BST. Thanks to avgjoe for my new gamer.

WITB Link

A few things...

I joined a new (social) club and had my first official round as a member today. Our home course is one of the best on the island and the give us a great deal.

I had an all Nike bag in play today. It was my first round with the Covert-IER (DIY SLDR). I also added 9 grams each of lead tape to the T60 3+ & 4 woods. The Covert-IER is definitely longer than it's former self, the CP 1.0. With my unWRX like 100-103 mph SS, the CP 1.0 average distance was around 240-245 yards. With the Covert-IER, today I averaged 256 yards (all drives verified by laser). Compared to my SLDR, distance was neck and neck on flushed shots. Misses were even better. It was only one round, but it was very impressive. The T60-IER 3+ was launching lower and getting more roll, similar to the 3deep. It sets up better to my eye than the 3deep and is staying in the bag. I didn't have any penalty shots with the woods today, which was a first for me.

12602292485_416c49fe70.jpg

And best for last...when I got to the course today, I opened my bag to get loose and there's a Nike toe sweep 58* w/ a bow on it! It was a Valentine's day gift from the wife. I had a feeling she was going to get it for me, but I was totally suprised! I was 3 for 5 with it getting up and down.

12602309335_a9ab011c57.jpg

WITB Link

That wife's a keeper.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1392566887' post='8679405']
That wife's a keeper.
[/quote]

Indeed

WITB Link

I bought two putters on the BST to experiment with. A Cleveland belly #1 and another method 003, both of which I'll be turning into "tanks." Other than that my bag is set for the year.

Also I just learned how to add emoticons to posts. Lol

:taunt:

WITB Link

Putter experiment #1: "Tanked" Method 003

Just bought a Method 003 off of the BST for a steal. It was in way better condition than I expected. I've read the head weight is between 340-345 grams, so I added ~55 grams of lead tape to the head to get it between 395-400 grams. I then screwed in a bolt and a nut (75 grams) into the butt end of the grip. Might change the grip as I'm not really a fan of these oversized grips. Going to put it in play this weekend and see what happens...

12668435244_6cccd02147.jpg

12668460904_9905d8f9b9.jpg

12668474754_9121efd8b9.jpg

12667970535_f5e4ac025a.jpg

WITB Link

• 2 months later...

Just picked these up and played for the first time in about a month...

13943356422_4266849411.jpg

I'll probably switch this and the 4 wood depending on the course and conditions.

13943430552_1aec9cd4cb.jpg

This thing is DEEP! It is as long, if not a bit longer than the 13* T60. Best part is it has a much more playable (higher) flight off the deck. I was going to shaft up a D+ and a DI7 and have a little shootout, but so far (one round) the stock Speeder 77 is solid. Either way it's going straight in the bag.

WITB Link

I was able to get out and play another 18 today.

The 3 iron is great off the tee. It's been really dry the past few weeks, and I was getting a ton of roll out on tee shots with the 3 iron. It will be a great option to have on some of the tighter/elevated tee shots required at my home course.

The SLDR TS is a lock. It's is a higher flight than I am used to with my previous strong 3 woods, but it is just as long. The added height will really help out with longer approaches into par 5's. I hit a few off the tee into the wind that got up and still got some roll out with minimal loss of distance. With the T60, a lot of misses into the wind would usually balloon.

The Toe Sweep is really good. I had a quite a few short sided chips and pitches. With the TS, I was able to get the ball up and stop quickly. The one thing I love about this wedge is I can open it up without fear of the heel grabbing and digging.

WITB Link

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Put an old D+ into the SLDR TS. Through one range session and two rounds it has been money. I've had one bad miss, which was just a terrible swing. After my first tee shot today the head came loose. I noticed it when setting up to tee off on the third hole. I tried to tighten it, but there was no click from the torque wrench, head was still loose. I'm going to pick up a new adapter, hoping the shaft will make it through its third pull.

WITB Link

• 3 months later...

Haven't been playing much lately and the mis-hits with the SLDR have been left of left. SLDR is out and the Covert is back for now. I'm really looking forward to the Vapor Pro and 915, maybe even the Fly-Z+.

WITB Link

Just picked this up...
[attachment=2485965:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1415191381.486222.jpg]

WITB Link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bag update

[attachment=2553131:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420106445.534220.jpg]

915 D3 8.5 Rogue 110 MSI 60
915 F 15 D+ 80
910 H 17 Ahina 90
VRS Forged 4-AW DGS300
VR II Forged 54
VR Toe Sweep 58
'14 Squareback w/ 35 gram weights

WITB Link

OP updated with new clubs, pics to follow.

The 915 D3 w/ Rogue is solid. For me, just as long as my (former) SLDR. The Rogue is solid. I've been using 70+ gram shafts in the driver for the past year and the Rogue 60 is plenty shaft.

The 915 F is SOLID!!! Just as long as the SLDR TS but much more forgiving. For me it's a little fade biased, which I prefer. I've been missing left quite a bit, but the 915 F has been nothing but baby fades.

I'm still not sold on the hybrid. For me it launches a bit low. It doesn't cover my gaps ideally, but I've had some use for it. I can't carry it as far as my 17* T60, but it ends up about the same distance.

WITB Link

[quote name='JC671' timestamp='1420290112' post='10678519']

The 915 D3 w/ Rogue is solid. For me, just as long as my (former) SLDR. The Rogue is solid. I've been using 70+ gram shafts in the driver for the past year and the Rogue 60 is plenty shaft.

The 915 F is SOLID!!! Just as long as the SLDR TS but much more forgiving. For me it's a little fade biased, which I prefer. I've been missing left quite a bit, but the 915 F has been nothing but baby fades.

I'm still not sold on the hybrid. For me it launches a bit low. It doesn't cover my gaps ideally, but I've had some use for it. I can't carry it as far as my 17* T60, but it ends up about the same distance.
[/quote]

Like the Bag - Titleist clubs are just solid

What happened to the scratch irons, those looked amazing

Im not surprised on the sldr 3w, less a real upright lie angle fits a players swing, off the deck it can be a left shot producing machine.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 1 month later...

OP updated with the latest changes...

15923386374_0dfb2bfb7c.jpg

Roughly 8 months ago I took a lesson for the first time. Initially, I adapted well to the swing changes. Then a lack of practice among other things brought some of my old habits back. I've been struggling, but have recently started piecing things back together again and my game is starting to shape up.

The 915D3 is money. It's SLDR long with more forgiveness. The misses still get out there, but are much straighter than the SLDR misses. I was looking forward to putting the Vapor Pro up against it but I was disappointed when hitting the Vapor Pro so the 915 is locked. Plus volt...:bad:

The 915F is awesome. For me, it is the best all around fairway wood I've ever played. It is long, forgiving, and easy to elevate off the deck.

Due to the swing change, I've had some consistency issues with elevating my long irons. I recently put the Nike hybrids back in the bag and they are much better so far. Misses carry a lot longer and I'm able to cover a much wider gap with them. Because of this I was able to drop my 5 iron and put the 4 wood back in the bag for long approaches into par 5's. I ordered a set of KBS tour V's to reshaft my irons with but I'm not sure if I'm going to follow through with that.

The squareback is locked as well. It's so easy to line up and looks good. I haven't even considered another putter since putting this in the bag.

Thanks for looking.

WITB Link

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1420301813' post='10679111']

[/quote]

Im not surprised on the sldr 3w, less a real upright lie angle fits a players swing, off the deck it can be a left shot producing machine.
[/quote]

Just seeing this now...

The Scratch irons were great. Looked great at address and plenty forgiving, but the VRSF were even more forgiving and covered a wider range of yardages.

The sldr 3 wood was a beast when hit on the screws, but like the driver had a tendency to go left of left when hit on the toe (my usual miss).

WITB Link

[quote name='JC671' timestamp='1424101394' post='10963295']
[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1420301813' post='10679111']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just seeing this now...

The Scratch irons were great. Looked great at address and plenty forgiving, but the VRSF were even more forgiving and covered a wider range of yardages.

The sldr 3 wood was a beast when hit on the screws, but like the driver had a tendency to go left of left when hit on the toe (my usual miss).
[/quote]

The Scratch irons are beautiful, but you cannot argue with performance. Sweet putter my man!!

Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
WITB Link

• 3 months later...

[attachment=2802990:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1434076409.295381.jpg]

I just picked up some black ox VR Pro wedges to replace my VR 54DS (lots of digging) and 58TS. I was considering the Engage wedges but the low bounce on the 54SS is troubling for me. I may try the Engage 58TS down the road.

WITB Link

[quote name='JC671' timestamp='1434076913' post='11736160']
[attachment=2802990:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1434076409.295381.jpg]

I just picked up some black ox VR Pro wedges to replace my VR 54DS (lots of digging) and 58TS. I was considering the Engage wedges but the low bounce on the 54SS is troubling for me. I may try the Engage 58TS down the road.
[/quote]

Love that rusty looks. I somehow feel that VR wedges seems to be underrated.

• 1 month later...