Game Golf tracking system (merged)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i looked at the site briefly but couldn't find exactly what stats it tracks for you...anybody know?

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Saw the launch with Graeme McDowell at the PGA Show today. It is very cool. The company is 6 weeks out on delivery. You just tap the coin size sensor that is on top of the grip to a very light weight device on your belt, it vibrates, then take.your shot. Keeps track of all putts, GIR's, distances with each club, lots of stuff. Part of the attraction is for the 20's-30's golfer who is big on social networking. You can post your round data, compete with buds...even pros who use the system but you don't have to. People like me who are technically savvy but "strongly dislike" Facebook, Instagram and so forth can turn that social part off. Just don't care reading what other people are doing and don't want to post what I'm doing.

I'm very interested in this. I took the game back up last season after a long lay off and tracked my stats for the season. I've let my stats this off season try and drive my improvement plan rather than let feelings push me to do things. I know I'm a pretty bad putter, so I'm going to work on my putting, etc. this could take it to the next level. Giving stat visualization would be huge, because you can relive your round and understand your strengths and weaknesses so much better.

I also think it is brilliant for people my age (30) because of the social media integration aspect. You may not have many friends using it, but posting it on Facebook or Twitter draws interest and brings people out of the woodwork. I'm pretty excited about this, probably more than any other item I've seen from the show.

Christian, husband, father, golfer
www.bellaflies.org

I crowdfunded this last February through indiegogo.com. Paid $150 and they will be shipping them next week (fingers crossed it was delayed from a Summer 2013 original launch date). I have been using stat tracking through oobgolf.com for years and thought this was so cool that it could essentially do all my tracking for me. In addition it has a new feature where it can chart every shot you hit with a certain club so I will have a better idea of my distances. Really hoping a couple of my buddies get it as you can see their rounds from around the globe after they upload them. Tracks all the normal stuff FIR, GIR, score, putts, etc. I have a golfing trip to Tucson to watch the Match Play and play so hoping this gets here in time.

I couldn't get the picture to paste here but if you go to their blog at the bottom of the page you can see the update where they announce the club distances tracking with median distance for each club.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1390479566' post='8515205']
I crowdfunded this last February through indiegogo.com. Paid $150 and they will be shipping them next week (fingers crossed it was delayed from a Summer 2013 original launch date).
[/quote]

Why did they need Crowdfunding, when they supposedly raised millions in start up money? Just curious.

No idea, its been so long could have been additional capital or to get some buzz about the product. They had a bunch of different options you could choose from ranging from $150 to $5,000 (you got a round of golf with the CEO). The reason its not available for 4-6 weeks is they have to ship to all their crowdfunding customers first. Basically the way I looked at it was I would have with almost 100% certainty paid $250 for this so why not pay $150 early in the process. They ended up raising $280k of their $125k goal.

After sleeping on this, getting fired up at the big roll out at the show yesterday and working in golf retail, I have to wonder what percentage of golfers will actually consider using something that truly exposes how bad they really are at golf. I think it's awesome, will definitely purchase but I'm a single index, wanting to improve as many of you here. Just a guess but at least 70-80% of customers couldn't "honestly" break 90 if their life depended on it. With this product counting ever single stroke, the customer will...at least subconsciously, know they can't handle the truth.

Please tell me I'm wrong. Hope there are enough golfers to make this a success...very cool and helpful to aspiring golfers.

I really like the idea of this as I do track my rounds, would be good to see live data showing up on your iphone etc so you knew how far you were hitting on each round with a specific club. I tend to play a fair amount of comps so tend to concentrate on marking my card more than inputting info.

I wrongly upgraded to a SGXw as I thought it had a feature to input clubs used when you were marking your distances or it had some sort of auto caddy that would suggest clubs to use based on last shots in the round or previous rounds, i think it mentions the features in some press info but it never made it to the current firmware.

Saying that this makes the recording a lot easier and dosnt interfere with your round. Easy enough to transfer the info to a course planner when you are looking at the data.

Skyking totally agree. The way I understand it works is it GPS locates where you are/what club you are using when you touch it to the tracker on your belt/pocket. Only when you go to your next shot and touch another club to the tracker does is GPS locate where you are now to get your distance/shots. So bombing two in the woods and not counting them won't show up on your round report unless you add them after the fact, or retouch the club to the tracker.

I'm not sure of the functionality of adding strokes, penalties, etc. during the round it might be something you have to manually add into the system afterwards....

Nice device!

You could just take a quick picture with your phone before every shot. Maybe mount a cheap camera to your hat and just hit the button.

R11S TP 9*, RIP Phenom, D5, 45.25"
RBZ Tour 14.5*, RIP Phenom, D3, 43"
Baffler Rail-H, 2,3,4, D2, ProForce V2
S59 Tour, 5-PW, KBS Tour +1/4, D2
Vokey 52*, 56*, 59*
Response ZT MI 615, 34.25"

I just went through some of the FAQs which provide a little more detail on stats tracked and also how it operates.

All in all it looks like a really nice system but there can be a lot of post round editing that is needed from what I can see. For instance you must post edit rounds for provisional shots and penalties. Also there is not really a way to edit out some shots from statistics (i.e. if you use your 8 iron for a chip and run).

However, for a first release looks cool. Should they add my courses here in Germany then I would be interested.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

Saw the launch with Graeme McDowell at the PGA Show today. It is very cool. The company is 6 weeks out on delivery. You just tap the coin size sensor that is on top of the grip to a very light weight device on your belt, it vibrates, then take.your shot. Keeps track of all putts, GIR's, distances with each club, lots of stuff. Part of the attraction is for the 20's-30's golfer who is big on social networking. You can post your round data, compete with buds...even pros who use the system but you don't have to. People like me who are technically savvy but "strongly dislike" Facebook, Instagram and so forth can turn that social part off. Just don't care reading what other people are doing and don't want to post what I'm doing.

here's graeme mcdowell talking about it in march 2013

http://fairwaysoflif...013-interviews/

Graeme McDowell

graeme_mcdowell-01.jpg

March 13th, 2013: Graeme McDowell speaks with Matt Adams about the busy start to his season and discusses the Game your Game software platform.

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

Someone should make an android app that does this. You can buy NFC stickers for like 20 bucks that you phone can read.

All in all it is a good idea. We will have to see how well they executed

[quote name='FrankfurtDave' timestamp='1390492456' post='8516367']
I just went through some of the FAQs which provide a little more detail on stats tracked and also how it operates.

All in all it looks like a really nice system but there can be a lot of post round editing that is needed from what I can see. For instance you must post edit rounds for provisional shots and penalties. Also there is not really a way to edit out some shots from statistics (i.e. if you use your 8 iron for a chip and run).

However, for a first release looks cool. Should they add my courses here in Germany then I would be interested.
[/quote]

I just saw a commercial for this and it looks pretty cool. Has anyone used this or have any thoughts on this. Seems much better for stats versus entering them on a computer. Just curious what stats it gives you.

http://gamegolf.com/products/en-us/gamegolf

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1390527012' post='8520139']
I just saw a commercial for this and it looks pretty cool. Has anyone used this or have any thoughts on this. Seems much better for stats versus entering them on a computer. Just curious what stats it gives you.

[url="http://gamegolf.com/products/en-us/gamegolf"]http://gamegolf.com/.../en-us/gamegolf[/url]
[/quote]

I think its a really neat item for tracking your own stats. It might hurt my ego though knowing the truth. I would like to break down my stats, I'm thinking about getting one in the spring once this monstrous winter breaks. I don't really care for the comparing your stats with others cause I really don't care what other people shoot. I think it would help me because I know that my swing speed in the net and the launch monitor or the range is different than I hit on the course.

Cleveland DST 9.0 vSL Stiff
Cleveland DST 3W vSL Stiff
4,5 Cleveland HYB vSL Stiff
Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl's
Scotty Cameron Newport 1996
Srixon Z Star

There's plenty of app that track your golf shots for the droid on a shot by shot basis. The diff here is that it should be much faster to record your shots since you just touch the club to the receiver to set it.

The main problem is that if you forget once, it's going to throw everything down the line off for that hole.

[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1390532598' post='8520869']
There's plenty of app that track your golf shots for the droid on a shot by shot basis. The diff here is that it should be much faster to record your shots since you just touch the club to the receiver to set it.

The main problem is that if you forget once, it's going to throw everything down the line off for that hole.
[/quote]

That was my first thought - what happens if you forget a shot?

This is definitely one of those things I would want to see a couple months worth of reviews on before I took the plunge.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I'm torn on this one. When I saw McDowell talking about it then saw the subsequent commercial I immediately thought it was a super cool gadget. Seems easy to use and helpful.

The more I consider it, though, it seems somehow....embarrassing? I can't think of the exact word to describe it, but I can't tell you how quickly my buddies would jump on me if I showed up to play with a scanner thing on my belt like I'm a grocery store clerk. Plus, wouldn't you still need some kind of distance finder to gauge your target?

Very interesting idea, but I'm not sure how many golfers would actually buy it/use it.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I just ordered one. Looks like 4-6 weeks for current purchases. I'm sure someone will get one before I do from the crowd funding group but if not I will toss up a review.

I love the concept but like everything it comes down to the execution. There is basic stat tracking that I would think this will be good at such as distance for each club and tendency for misses but it also says that it will show fairways hit, which I think might be a little more difficult to detect with out some post round editing.

[quote name='bk52' timestamp='1390438298' post='8512641']
At $249 I am not sure "cheap" springs to mind. I have seen some demo results but I am not sure how exactly I would be able to use the data to help my game. Still, it does intrigue me with the ability to collect detailed data on every swing with a tap on the club.
[/quote]

I think this will be great for people to gauage their distances.
Everyone hits their 7 iron 190 but if this unit measures 165 majority of the time, SCORES will drop.

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

I bought it recently, I guess I paid for it, did not get it yet, I think they are very backed up with orders.
It feels like it will make the process of getting stats so much simpler.
I do know they have some issues with mid round editing, adding penalties, deleting strokes and other editing capabilities, but hopefully they'll figure some of that out.

I saw this thing on the golf channel. As soon as I see it is shipping and few reviews of how it works im in. Is It something I need? Probably not but it is definitely something I want. The only difference in grown up boys is the price of their toys.

If a few people here get it we could post some results. That would be interesting to see.

Handicap 7.7