Game Golf tracking system (merged)

[quote name='bk52' timestamp='1390438298' post='8512641']
At $249 I am not sure "cheap" springs to mind. I have seen some demo results but I am not sure how exactly I would be able to use the data to help my game. Still, it does intrigue me with the ability to collect detailed data on every swing with a tap on the club.
[/quote]

After it tabulates an average or what you hit each club distance wise. Curious what it would do for wedges, as they are not hit full bore 100% of the time

I mean, everyone on WRX prob has 300+ carry, and this little machine will validate that.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='skyking' timestamp='1390488793' post='8516003']
After sleeping on this, getting fired up at the big roll out at the show yesterday and working in golf retail, I have to wonder what percentage of golfers will actually consider using something that truly exposes how bad they really are at golf. I think it's awesome, will definitely purchase but I'm a single index, wanting to improve as many of you here. Just a guess but at least 70-80% of customers couldn't "honestly" break 90 if their life depended on it. With this product counting ever single stroke, the customer will...at least subconsciously, know they can't handle the truth.

Please tell me I'm wrong. Hope there are enough golfers to make this a success...very cool and helpful to aspiring golfers.
[/quote]

Do they have a marker for the golf shoe, i.e. foot wedge, granted that type of flexibility would be impressive

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='TheBoomer ' timestamp='1390578264' post='8523387']
[quote name='bk52' timestamp='1390438298' post='8512641']
At $249 I am not sure "cheap" springs to mind. I have seen some demo results but I am not sure how exactly I would be able to use the data to help my game. Still, it does intrigue me with the ability to collect detailed data on every swing with a tap on the club.
[/quote]

I think this will be great for people to gauage their distances.
Everyone hits their 7 iron 190 but if this unit measures 165 majority of the time, SCORES will drop.
[/quote]

Agreed, a great tool in the right hands

The golfer is going to have to mature enough to have a come to Jesus meeting, that they are in FACT, NOT a legend in their own mind, however, a 29* 8 iron will net you that distance.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I was part of the beta testing and have had mine for about 6 weeks. Overall it's a great system. There were some issues with the clip stop they were making some modifications to it. Once you finish your round there is a little work to be done in terms of missed shots and adjusting hole location. It was overall very simple to clean up a round though. Each clip is matched up to the tab via the website to include make and model. There's talk of making additional tabs for sale in case you have a second set of clubs. The device itself is very small and feels almost weightless. The tabs are really secure one you get them on; they'd threaded and really lock in. Once you start following people you can compare your game to others and see how you stack up. The app for iPhone should be awesome and hopefully they're coming up with an Android one soon. I think those of you who've placed your orders will be absolutely pleased!

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

Hasn't been a nuisance to me at all. Even if you forget to input a shot you can go back with the software and add it in after the fact before submitting the round. It's literally a quick tap of the device to the end of the club and you're off and running.

Artisan Golf 0418

I was excited about it, until you need to go back and make changes. Hopefully version B arrives that fixes this!

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1390683470' post='8531195']
I was part of the beta testing and have had mine for about 6 weeks. Overall it's a great system. There were some issues with the clip stop they were making some modifications to it. Once you finish your round there is a little work to be done in terms of missed shots and adjusting hole location. It was overall very simple to clean up a round though. Each clip is matched up to the tab via the website to include make and model. There's talk of making additional tabs for sale in case you have a second set of clubs. The device itself is very small and feels almost weightless. The tabs are really secure one you get them on; they'd threaded and really lock in. Once you start following people you can compare your game to others and see how you stack up. The app for iPhone should be awesome and hopefully they're coming up with an Android one soon. I think those of you who've placed your orders will be absolutely pleased!
[/quote]

How does it know if you're in the rough or in a bunker? Does it know if you have nasty lie? Can it tell if you choked up for knock down shot?

I guess my question is, does't it really do anything that a decent GPS/Scorecard/Statistics program like GolfShot won't do?

It's not a GPS like a Skycaddie or Gamin. To me it does what a scorecard and stats program do in a small package. I can play and not worry about a scorecard and I can look at my distances. I know what shots were or weren't full so that's no problem. It does track missed fairways and bunkers based on when you activate the tag.

odshot, even in a newer version you're going to have to go back although we provided suggestions on being able to have it interfaced with the app to make changes on time.

Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1390786958' post='8539725']
It's not a GPS like a Skycaddie or Gamin. To me it does what a scorecard and stats program do in a small package. I can play and not worry about a scorecard and I can look at my distances. I know what shots were or weren't full so that's no problem. It does track missed fairways and bunkers based on when you activate the tag.

odshot, even in a newer version you're going to have to go back although we provided suggestions on being able to have it interfaced with the app to make changes on time.
[/quote]

It sounds like it does less than GolfShot or TourCaddie ?

If you're looking for a GPS replacement then yes it does less for real time yardage but for me that's fine. That's why I have my rangefinder. I don't have an iPhone so I'm not sure if there's features that provide some of that information.

Artisan Golf 0418

I think the idea behind the device is to record all shots accurately without having to whip out a device before\after every shot. Go home, review the round in detail on your confuser (non-Mac users), review distances plus typical stats you get from a smartphone overplayed on a satellite map of the course and if you want, compare with friends\other golfers.

This seems like it's a godsend if it works how it's been demonstrated and is accurate. I tried keeping stats on a scorecard it was arduous. That's an understatement. It was awful. You end up worrying more about writing your stats down then actually playing golf. I really hope this works as they say because it will be a day one purchase.

Sounds to me like a great way to figure out how far you hit each club.

Is it conforming for use during a competitive round?

Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 UST Recoil 95x

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

[quote name='Ty_Webb' timestamp='1390836980' post='8542707']

[/quote]

Nope!

2024 WITB: 

TM MINI DRIVER??

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1390838017' post='8542819']

[/quote]

Nope!
[/quote]

I found this in the FAQs that indicates preliminary USGA approval.
http://support.gamegolf.com/customer/portal/articles/1392220-is-game-allowed-during-tournament-play-

Titleist 913D2 9.5*, RIP Phenom 70
Titleist 913F-d 14.25*, Diamana Blue 72
Titleist 913H 18.25*, Diamana Blue 82
TaylorMade RocketBallz 5i-AW
Cleveland CG16 54/58
SeeMore Si2

I would be shocked this would be allowed. I hope I'm wrong though.

2024 WITB: 

TM MINI DRIVER??

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, ??

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1390787168' post='8539751']
[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1390786958' post='8539725']

[/quote]

It sounds like it does less than GolfShot or TourCaddie ?
[/quote]

I think you are missing the point. It is not supposed to be a 'rangefinder'. Yes with GolfShot and GolfLogix you can already record every shot with GPS but in reality it is too much hassle and simply takes too much time.

What I would like to see is a Bluetooth connection so that you can upload the data via your phone so that you have the details straight after the round.

I don't see why it wouldn't get approval, you can use range finders during most amateur tournament qualifiers at this point in time. Heck the R&A just allowed it for all their amateur events. It simply records your GPS location when you tag a club and uses the coordinates to note fairway hit, green hit, etc. If anyone uses a stat tracking service this seems to be a smoother way to track your stats.

The club distance feature seems to have been just recently added and over the course of hundreds of shots with each club the flier lies, knock downs, choke downs will all even out to give you at least a better idea of your true distance. Sure it won't be as exact as a trackman or launch monitor but it will be a step in the right direction.

Missed the early funding, but did place an order so hopefully they don't push back the general availability shipping date. It looks like a great way to track various stats without getting in the way too much. They definitely are doing a nice job of marketing, so hopefully the hype matches the product.

Change is coming
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1127989-grant-the-tanks-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Hey guys. I actually purchased one at the show on Friday and put it to the test on Sunday. I will go back through the thread and answer questions but if you have any others I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have based on my experiences so far. Overall I really like the device and it is nice to get the data. They're still new and figuring some things out as well as adding features.

[quote name='skyking' timestamp='1390843802' post='8543461']
It gives NO information during the round so I don't see how the USGA would have an issue.
[/quote]
The reps said they have provisional (not sure if right term) approval for use during competition. No feedback at all until you get it home and plug it in to the computer.

[/quote]
This is primarily why I bought it. I generally know how far I hit each club but it will nice to get a good average after I play a few rounds and handle a lot of shots. It does track all shots with your club so if you are chipping from just off of the green it is going to track the short shot as well as your full shots with the wedge. Still pretty easy to get a good average after you've played enough rounds I would think.

[quote name='Gatormanager3' timestamp='1390875542' post='8547543']

[/quote]
This is primarily why I bought it. I generally know how far I hit each club but it will nice to get a good average after I play a few rounds and handle a lot of shots. It does track all shots with your club so if you are chipping from just off of the green it is going to track the short shot as well as your full shots with the wedge. Still pretty easy to get a good average after you've played enough rounds I would think.
[/quote]

Not when you've miss as many greens as I do!

[quote name='rouski12' timestamp='1390876160' post='8547643']
[quote name='Gatormanager3' timestamp='1390875542' post='8547543']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not when you've miss as many greens as I do!
[/quote]

:lol: I was so excited to try out the new device I step up on the first tee and promptly top my drive 150 yds against a tree.

Here's the link to my page. You should be able to click my round and view the satellite overlay. I know I'm bad so keep those comments to yourselves, gents :lol:

[url="http://gamegolf.com/player/timdarby/"]http://gamegolf.com/player/timdarby/[/url]

One issue I'm waiting to get resolved is the course I play on has 3 9 hole courses. When I made the turn, the GPS did not identify that I was continuing my round so got a bit squirly and didn't track the back 9. I believe the solution is to power off the device and back on so it detects the new course but I'm still waiting to hear from customer support on that one. Could also be pretty easy for them to map the 3 9's and create the 3 combinations of 18 holes that could be played.