2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

Played with the system again today. Since I was on a 27 hole course all I needed to do was turn off the device after the 9th hole and then back on when I teed off on my 10th hole. This time when I edited I had to add 2 penalty shots, remove a couple of mis tags (switching clubs) and I moved the pins around so it would more accurately reflect where they were today. Total edit time about 10 minutes. Here's the link: [url="http://gamegolf.com/player/timdarby/"]http://gamegolf.com/player/timdarby/[/url]

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gatormanager3' timestamp='1391386138' post='8586494']
Played with the system again today. Since I was on a 27 hole course all I needed to do was turn off the device after the 9th hole and then back on when I teed off on my 10th hole. This time when I edited I had to add 2 penalty shots, remove a couple of mis tags (switching clubs) and I moved the pins around so it would more accurately reflect where they were today. Total edit time about 10 minutes. Here's the link: [url="http://gamegolf.com/player/timdarby/"]http://gamegolf.com/player/timdarby/[/url]
[/quote]

I like how it notes personal bests, like your 271 yard drive. The club performance section seems off as it your max drive at 248 yards? Also there are clubs with NaN yards? Are those clubs that you changed during the round or edited later?

Titleist 913D2 9.5*, RIP Phenom 70
Titleist 913F-d 14.25*, Diamana Blue 72
Titleist 913H 18.25*, Diamana Blue 82
TaylorMade RocketBallz 5i-AW
Cleveland CG16 54/58
SeeMore Si2

[quote name='TBubs' timestamp='1391441132' post='8589712']
[/quote]

I like how it notes personal bests, like your 271 yard drive. The club performance section seems off as it your max drive at 248 yards? Also there are clubs with NaN yards? Are those clubs that you changed during the round or edited later?
[/quote]
I'm not sure what happened with the club performance and my driver. I will look into that. The NaN yds is because I haven't hit the club more than once so it can't develop a median I believe.

[quote name='Sasmytas' timestamp='1391359515' post='8583844']
I have a few questions. Since I live in Europe I have to wait until summer (hopefully) for the European release. If I order today from the US, I must be able to use it anyways right? If I go to their homepage and search for my home course, I find it and it says "ready to play", which I guess indicates that all I have to do is play a round of golf?

Secondly, since I have an android phone, do you need the app for this to work? Or is it just for real-time "broadcasting" of the round or the shots?
[/quote]

I don't have the device yet (I am in Europe as well) but regarding your 2nd point: No you don't need an app for this to work. Currently the round is uploaded via a computer/laptop (Windows or Mac). As far as I understand you can't upload the round via your phone. The device only has a USB connector and no bluetooth. IMHO that is the biggest weakness, that you need a laptop/computer for this to work. A lot of people will only have tablets in the future, building something today that relies on a computer is a FAIL IMHO.

The app for iPhone is only for viewing and I believe editing a round which is already uploaded to their servers.

I received my unit last week (I had been one of the early followers via the Indiegogo crowd funding). Played a links course in England a couple of days ago and here are my thoughts / answer to some of the questions posed. Overall, v easy to use and worked well. Did not realise it does track putting distances (as yet) so tagging at the spot of your putt was a bit pointless. For distances, it takes your 'median' as the average which is the only way to do it - this way if you hit 8 iron chips, over time the median average for full shots should work well.

You do not need an Android phone. I would say this tool is mainly PC based with accompanying phone apps. It is much easier to edit your round on a PC than a phone. The one drawback I have is in handling penalty shots, and 'blobbed' holes. I played in v windy conditions and the last few holes were a blowout for me. Although you can add penalty shots after the round, the functionality was a bit flaky. Also there is no way of blobbing the hole, especially given I was playing Stableford format. Basically I was left with 16 holes scored and 2 permanently deleted.

Other than that small thing, I am very impressed with the system overall

I think this thing has some potential.

I also can't wait for the first GolfWrx Jokester to be 218 yards out from the green and tag his 7 iron and then put it back in the bag and grab a 5 wood and actually hit the shot. And of course all of the 335+ yard drivers on here can really do a job.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1390786958' post='8539725']
It's not a GPS like a Skycaddie or Gamin. To me it does what a scorecard and stats program do in a small package. I can play and not worry about a scorecard and I can look at my distances. I know what shots were or weren't full so that's no problem. It does track missed fairways and bunkers based on when you activate the tag.

odshot, even in a newer version you're going to have to go back although we provided suggestions on being able to have it interfaced with the app to make changes on time.
[/quote]

I read the article on the front page and asked about the GPS thing.

The whole thing seems goofy to me if it only shows where you were on the course after you get home. I would need two electronic gadgets to do what I can do myself when I feel like it with my skycaddie.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I was looking into this last month and saw something about a $50 annual fee for premium service....or something like that. I don't see anything about it on the site now, was it changed or something? I might be interested at $250 but I gave up on sky caddie because I was sick of paying another $50 every year.

I bought one. Excellent idea! Seamless capturing of stats. I do statistics for a living so it is something I am excited to see for my own game. I will be interested to see how they analyze some of the stats. I wonder if they wrote a program to grab only 2 standard deviations of your shots from the average to remove the outlier shots such as chipping with a 9 iron. Someone had mentioned they use the median instead of averaging, which works too. Either way, super excited for it. Always trying to find ways to improve. I hope they will show you your average distance to the hole once you are on the green. It would be good to see that for judging accuracy with irons. Just so much can be done with the information. I hope they make it so you can export it to Microsoft Excel or some other data software to do your own analysis and save the information. They are a young company and have so much room to advance... Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE!

Bridgestone J33 460 - 8.5* Aldila NV85
PING i15 3W & 5W - UST Tour Green 85
Mizuno MP-63 4-PW - DGS300
PING Tour-S 52* & 56* DGS300
Mizuno MP T-11 64* DG Spinner
PING ANSER MILLED

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1392066185' post='8638845']
I think this thing has some potential.

I also can't wait for the first GolfWrx Jokester to be 218 yards out from the green and tag his 7 iron and then put it back in the bag and grab a 5 wood and actually hit the shot. And of course all of the 335+ yard drivers on here can really do a job.
[/quote]

Seems like it still has bugs which need to be worked out. I looked on their FAQ page and i didn't see if they measure the distance on thrown clubs or just subtract it from your shot total.

You have to tag your club before throwing it to check distance

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='martinbns' timestamp='1392068085' post='8639071']
It's not a GPS like a Skycaddie or Gamin. To me it does what a scorecard and stats program do in a small package. I can play and not worry about a scorecard and I can look at my distances. I know what shots were or weren't full so that's no problem. It does track missed fairways and bunkers based on when you activate the tag.

odshot, even in a newer version you're going to have to go back although we provided suggestions on being able to have it interfaced with the app to make changes on time.
[/quote]

The whole thing seems goofy to me if it only shows where you were on the course after you get home. I would need two electronic gadgets to do what I can do myself when I feel like it with my skycaddie.
[/quote]

What do you care where you've been on a hole if you're already past that spot? The whole point of it is to review your round after the fact and get your distances. Skycaddie can't show you where on the course you hit a shot; you can tag distances, but I don't carry mine to the tee box or the woods for that matter. With this I can do it right there and it takes no time at all.

Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1392149137' post='8645929']

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you care where you've been on a hole if you're already past that spot? The whole point of it is to review your round after the fact and get your distances. Skycaddie can't show you where on the course you hit a shot; you can tag distances, but I don't carry mine to the tee box or the woods for that matter. With this I can do it right there and it takes no time at all.
[/quote]

Because I need to know how far to hit my next shot, not how far I hit the last one. If I want to measure the distance of my shot, my gps will do that, but this won't tell how far the bunkers are.

This seems pointless to me.

XHot Callaway 3w
Scotty Kombi

As a gift, to myself, for my 50th Birthday I considered ordering the Game Golf Digital Tracking System. Before doing so I had two questions which I sent off to Customer Support; *(#1. Is the device water/weatherproof? #2. Since the PGA Show and hot product buzz how backed up are they with releasing orders?). I received a reply email in less then 12 hours. (AWESOME!) Here is what they said:

[size=2]FEB 12, 2014 | 02:17PM PST[/size]
[b]David[/b] replied:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting GAME GOLF! I’d be happy to answer your questions for you.
<<Can you use the unit in rain? Is it water/weather proof? >>
The device is considered “splash proof” and I’ve played several rounds with it in the rain and it worked fine. That said, it isn’t fully waterproof so try not to jump in a pond if you make a hole in 1 :)
You could place it in a waterproof pouch or under rain gear and it will work fine. Our tagging system is considered Near Field Communication which means you don’t have to fully touch the tag on each grip to the device, but as long as you get it within 1/2 from the bottom of the device it will be picked up properly. You will know when the shot is registered by a vibration the device emits and also a light beep with a green light showing on the device. The GPS will work find under rain gear and a thin protective pocket.
With regards to shipping, yes we experienced a high volume of demand and our manufacturing team has been working hard on this. I am happy to announce that we have reduced our wait times to 1 week now.

Glad to see Customer Support was prompt. I just finished placing my order...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ME! '- )

Thanks also to [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/123868-gatormanager3/"]Gatormanager3[/url] for linking us to his stat page. This greatly helped with my decision to take the plunge.

The belt clip is too big for me to consider using this. If they could put it in a normal belt buckle then I would consider it but I'm not clipping something onto my belt. Could work in a glove too. Once they can get the form factor to be in something that is less obtrusive than they will see more people using it imo.

Has anyone tried editing post-round stats from their smartphone browser (Safari or Android-based) yet?

I'd really like to get past this hurdle of being forced to edit and view post round stats on a laptop/desktop computer. I know at least on the stock Android browser, there is an option to make the browser show websites in desktop mode, which should help with something like this.

Also, I follow Game Golf on Twitter. They can be found here: [url="https://twitter.com/gameyourgame"]https://twitter.com/gameyourgame[/url] They tweeted out a link to the GolfWRX write up of their device. I responded with a link to this forum thread, which they then retweeted ("forwarded" for all of you who don't speak Twitter) that link to all of their followers, so Game Golf is aware of this thread and hopefully continue to check it as another avenue of consumer feedback.

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

[quote name='martinbns' timestamp='1392253922' post='8656139']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because I need to know how far to hit my next shot, not how far I hit the last one. If I want to measure the distance of my shot, my gps will do that, but this won't tell how far the bunkers are.

[/quote]

Again (if you read what I wrote) this is not about how far you hit your next shot. It's about tracking your round after it's done. Where's the wall so I can beat my head against it?

Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='lbj273' timestamp='1392315230' post='8660491']
The belt clip is too big for me to consider using this. If they could put it in a normal belt buckle then I would consider it but I'm not clipping something onto my belt. Could work in a glove too. Once they can get the form factor to be in something that is less obtrusive than they will see more people using it imo.
[/quote]

You don't even notice it--the thing is not at all obtrusive.

Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1392329483' post='8662303']
[quote name='martinbns' timestamp='1392253922' post='8656139']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again (if you read what I wrote) this is not about how far you hit your next shot. It's about tracking your round after it's done. Where's the wall so I can beat my head against it?
[/quote]

My forehead is getting sore, again.

My skycaddie does both when I choose to do it, this toy only does one thing.

XHot Callaway 3w
Scotty Kombi

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1392329526' post='8662311']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Its bigger than a belt buckle and it looks quite obtrusive

[quote name='lbj273' timestamp='1392341569' post='8663795']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

you dont need to wear it on your belt buckel guys, put it on your bag/cart/push cart. park your bag/cart/push cart next to your ball and tag your club then swing away.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1392389916' post='8666671']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

you dont need to wear it on your belt buckel guys, put it on your bag/cart/push cart. park your bag/cart/push cart next to your ball and tag your club then swing away.
[/quote]
I thought the same thing, but that will definitely hinder the around the green stats. If you want chips and putts, I think the belt is the only decent option.

[quote name='JoeSchu' timestamp='1392394463' post='8667317']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1392389916' post='8666671']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I thought the same thing, but that will definitely hinder the around the green stats. If you want chips and putts, I think the belt is the only decent option.
[/quote]

correct, then you gotta pick it up and bring it over. didnt think of that

i put it on the back of my belt so i dont even notice its there

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

Mine is on the side just in front of my pocket and I don't notice it at all.

Artisan Golf 0418

Like most products there will be amazing improvements in Gen 2 & 3. I can see it becoming smaller and eventually a watch version. Ideally if it were something small and thin then you just put it in your pocket and get the butt of you club close to the unit to achieve the tag.

If Garmin can make a GPS watch then these guys will come up with something similar.

The tags for the clubs will get better too.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

No doubt future iterations will improve. I'm really debating being an early adopter of this tech, but I've yet to pull the trigger.

I did see their first advertisement on the Golf Channel yesterday. They do a good job working in the Westwood and McDowell endorsements. Their website has dropped to "about 1 week" for availability. Ahhh the temptation.