Ugghhhh... I thought I could get away with it

Exactice808

Have fun and ignore the thoughts of others. You have now figured out that almost every ball plays in it's own unique way. Now go hit em and have a ball. The ball companies can make them faster than we can lose them.

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in denial for a while thinking golf balls don't matter but they do espically for your irons and short game. It doesn't really matter what ball you use really IMO but sticking with one ball really helps. Knowing how it's going to react is really nice especially for wedge and iron shots.

If I'm playing premium balls I know I can be more aggressive and attack the pin knowing that it's going to check. But if I'm playing something like pinnacle I know it's going to release so I have to play accordingly. Same with chipping.

Its funny in relation to taking this game seriously. I used cheap balls because i play bogey golf, I dont need the ball to do nothing but hit the green anywhere and stay on the green so 90% of the time I dont aim at flags I aim for the center of the green where ever the ball lands. I have a 2 putt chance LOL.

This goes into me even having a laser, people always laugh and say why do you use the laser if you only hit to the center? I tell them the flag tells me where the center is. If the flag is back I know to play it short, if the flag is front I know to play it long and the laser gives me a better reading for my miss.

So goes with the ball I never thought about spinning it or checking it or bumping and running just hit the damn thing and hope it stays on the green to putt.

Be as it may I have become a little bit more accurate, aiming at the flag now. It has actually become somewhat of a reality! Pretty cool now, oh how the game has evolved for me!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Here's my Q...and it's not an answer to yours...

as a 15, who doesn't feel balls make a difference, why are you playing
Nike Covert [b]Tour[/b] 10.5*
Callaway Xhot [b]Pro[/b] 15*
Mizuno JPX825 [b]Pros[/b] 4-GW

instead of their much easier non Pro/Tour versions?

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1392269118' post='8657723']

[/quote]

Great question, Im going to humor you by explaining, not that I need to or should but what the heck.

I did a Nike fitting for the Driver, it gave me the best numbers....so the tour model fit my style of swing.... Just because it said tour doesnt mean you have to be scratch to hit it... Look, Nike staffers are playing the performance models over the tour model play what works? (Side note, the Tour at this point is 430cc vs 460cc no big difference there, the Face on the tour is a little deeper as I have more issue with hitting high or low on the face rather than left or right. The shaft weight differences between the performance and the tour are different and the tour stock offerings are heavier which worked better for me. So again after hitting for about an hour with the fitter this setup worked? So what do you do, go with what the fitter says or go with what an internet person's opinion says???)

Callaway XHot, I just bought to demo and give it a shot I just put up a post 5 days ago about demoing this thing.....It also gave me the best numbers out of the other models so I am trying it. So who knows if it will stay in the bag or not.

JPX825pros.... The pro's have little offset compared to the standard. I hit low offset clubs better and I have confidence behind the ball. JPX825 pros are pretty darn GI clubs with a player profile thats about it? Its not.... "BLADES"....

So if you think I am "posing" with my equipment thats your opinion. But I am playing or trying clubs within my realm, as my game improves I start to notice different things. The new thing I noticed was how the ball reacts so why not explore this avenue now?

Its kinda funny.... never thought I would get flamed for using JPX825 pros.... I figured maybe MP54 or the MP4's but really the JPX's LOL only Golf WRX.....

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1392268818' post='8657711']
Its funny in relation to taking this game seriously. I used cheap balls because i play bogey golf, I dont need the ball to do nothing but hit the green anywhere and stay on the green so 90% of the time I dont aim at flags I aim for the center of the green where ever the ball lands. I have a 2 putt chance LOL.

This goes into me even having a laser, people always laugh and say why do you use the laser if you only hit to the center? I tell them the flag tells me where the center is. If the flag is back I know to play it short, if the flag is front I know to play it long and the laser gives me a better reading for my miss.

So goes with the ball I never thought about spinning it or checking it or bumping and running just hit the damn thing and hope it stays on the green to putt.

Be as it may I have become a little bit more accurate, aiming at the flag now. It has actually become somewhat of a reality! Pretty cool now, oh how the game has evolved for me!
[/quote]

Your post tends to support what I consider the most important statistic - greens in regulation. Like you I like to hit the shot (middle of green) that allows the best chance to stay on the green. Even if I'm killing the ball off the tee, if I'm missing most greens my score will probably reflect it. That said, I use a urethane ball because I feel when I do miss a green I have a better chance getting the recovery shot close to save a par.

[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1392316956' post='8660721']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1392268818' post='8657711']

[/quote]

Your post tends to support what I consider the most important statistic - greens in regulation. Like you I like to hit the shot (middle of green) that allows the best chance to stay on the green. Even if I'm killing the ball off the tee, if I'm missing most greens my score will probably reflect it. That said, I use a urethane ball because I feel when I do miss a green I have a better chance getting the recovery shot close to save a par.
[/quote]

This is what I felt was important too, get the ball to the green as fast as I can. I didnt think about the actual golf ball helping... didnt think much about it.... but now as I get more accurate im realizing it can be an actual factor....

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1392315365' post='8660517']

[/quote]

Great question, Im going to humor you by explaining, not that I need to or should but what the heck.

I did a Nike fitting for the Driver, it gave me the best numbers....so the tour model fit my style of swing.... Just because it said tour doesnt mean you have to be scratch to hit it... Look, Nike staffers are playing the performance models over the tour model play what works? (Side note, the Tour at this point is 430cc vs 460cc no big difference there, the Face on the tour is a little deeper as I have more issue with hitting high or low on the face rather than left or right. The shaft weight differences between the performance and the tour are different and the tour stock offerings are heavier which worked better for me. So again after hitting for about an hour with the fitter this setup worked? So what do you do, go with what the fitter says or go with what an internet person's opinion says???)

Callaway XHot, I just bought to demo and give it a shot I just put up a post 5 days ago about demoing this thing.....It also gave me the best numbers out of the other models so I am trying it. So who knows if it will stay in the bag or not.

JPX825pros.... The pro's have little offset compared to the standard. I hit low offset clubs better and I have confidence behind the ball. JPX825 pros are pretty darn GI clubs with a player profile thats about it? Its not.... "BLADES"....

So if you think I am "posing" with my equipment thats your opinion. But I am playing or trying clubs within my realm, as my game improves I start to notice different things. The new thing I noticed was how the ball reacts so why not explore this avenue now?

Its kinda funny.... never thought I would get flamed for using JPX825 pros.... I figured maybe MP54 or the MP4's but really the JPX's LOL only Golf WRX.....
[/quote]

Hey now.... I never said you were posing nor was my intent to flame... I was just curious. Your explanation makes sense... And I'm not one to talk...up until I just went to the Xhot Irons, I played the Rapture V2s because they were best for me.

Hope you didn't take my Q the wrong way - I was just curious...

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1392319320' post='8661109']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1392315365' post='8660517']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey now.... I never said you were posing nor was my intent to flame... I was just curious. Your explanation makes sense... And I'm not one to talk...up until I just went to the Xhot Irons, I played the Rapture V2s because they were best for me.

Hope you didn't take my Q the wrong way - I was just curious...
[/quote]

No problem, got a little defensive my bads! LOL its golf WRX yah know......

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1392066990' post='8638899']
[quote name='llewol007' timestamp='1392065917' post='8638795']
I think it does and it doesnt. When you lose them very often then it does. If you usually go thru 2-4 rounds per ball than they are worth it. I myself play pd soft nike. They can be had a $20 dollars for 18 balls. Its all on feel. I played the expensive balls and some I dont really care for. At a 15 handicap I would say, stay away from too soft a ball as that will just add more negative spin and encentuate your swing flaws (if you have them). Many companys put out their own version of distance, soft, long, however they maybe called. I say experiment and see which one gets you the best feel off the putter and most action on the greens without losing too much distance.
[/quote]

This is funny... I can go 2 rounds using 1 ball and then 2 rounds using a dozen HAHAHA Just depends... I hardly lose balls now compared to before... Slicing 50 yards not its more gouging of the ball or knick a cart path etc.

I have tried the wilson duo's didnt notice much other than it being long. Spin around the green wasnt as awe inspiring that I saw with the ProVs. I have heard good things about bridgestone, I will look into those.

Them Nikes? that good? I see a lot of them now. I stay tend to stay away from TM as The Penta Series made me sad, i would go through 2 sleeves a round because the cover was so soft...I would rip them to shreds. Havent really gone back since.

Thank you everyone for the response, time to dig through the buckets!
[/quote]

FG Tour, Taylormade Lethal, Hex Chrome are all quality balls for $30 or less per dozen. Lethal is ridiculously good, don't let your misplaced brand angst keep you from a great ball.