Watch Enthusiasts

chiguy

My technological limitations are kicking in....can't rotate.

I consider this Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace. For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 &3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Good watch though. The alarm will wake the dead.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1395075777' post='8890341']
My technological limitations are kicking in....can't rotate.

I consider this Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace. For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 & 3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Good watch though. The alarm will wake the dead.
[/quote]One of my two fave Breitlings!

Beautiful piece!!

FWIW, most of my pics originally come out wrong orientation, and I go back into my photo library amd rotate the pic to another orientation, though not the correct one, then I go back and hit "edit" and delete pic and reenter the second orientation and I don't even bother hitting "post," as I just go back to my library, rotate the pic to correct orientation, go back into post editi, delete second orientation and choose the correct orientated pic from library, post and wala, lol, it's good to go.

Sounds longer than it takes, as it only takes a minute or so.

I just can't stand lookin at my pics, regardless of the subject matter, when they're frickin sideways and upside down, lol

Have a good one

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395061994' post='8888723']
My fave dress pieces. I prefer my dress/formal pieces like my irons-

Understated elegance, lol.

The Patek is a classic 18k rose Calatrava(ceramic dial), the IWC is 18k rose(My black tie/court good karma "go to" piece, LMAO, though I wear it with jeans and a button down often) and the Breguet's Platinum, and no, it is not a tourbillon, it is just a cut-out dial.

The bottom piece is a Dual Time Fly Back(18k WG) that the Gentleman of whom I spoke of playing his last round with prior to passing's wife gave to me. I could never afford this piece though she called me and got in touch with my Mother and told her that it was very important to her husband that I accept the piece and all that he asked was that I "pass it forward" as he did.

I did and I will-

I do have an A. Lange & Sohne Dual Time Flyback Turbillon, if you all would like to see it.

Have a great week :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

Coooooool. Thanks for sharing!

i spend equally as much time in TZ watchprosite Etc.

Vc overseas
piaget polo 45
AP royal oak 39
explorer 39
to name a few

grail watch is a PATEK 5726:)

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1395126803' post='8895593']
I've got a Tag Heuer Aquaracer chrono that I've been trying to sell. Anyone have any experience selling watches online other than ebay?
[/quote]

timezone and watchuseek are good places to sell.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

My AP Moonphase Turbillon(Circa 2005)-

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I'll throw this around for comment. My father in law passed away in 2002. A few months ago, the wife got a shoe box from a sister with junk in it. Looking at the usual stuff, I spied a solid round mens' 18K Enicar watch. With a little Ebay research, Dad's watch was from the 40's-50's. (Someone must have given him the broken watch. He was not an 18K guy.) The watch does not run, the crown will set the hand, though. The crystal is cracked in several places. Aside from the 18K and 0.750 markings on the back, you'd really think it was junk.

I've seen on Ebay, an almost identical GF watch, new band and serviced, for $195. I'm sure the 18K watch would be worth more, but costs of repair may be stratospheric. Most of the guys selling serviced watches have in house repair, so labor cost is probably not a big factor in resale. (Busy work, for a repairman or a lone wolf seller.)

I've looked on repair sites and it seems a person could have a thousand in a watch like this, and actual value would be a fraction of that.

Comments?

[quote name='mljones99' timestamp='1395145635' post='8896009']
My wife and I have always been Breitling people but more and more Hermes is slipping into the collection.

Possible next additions plus a not so realistic option :)
[/quote]Thats a beautiful piece. A lot of Hermes' movements are ETA, though since buying a 25% stake in Vaucher, the Vaucher movements go into their high end pieces, however they have been manufacturing proprietary movements, such as the one in this Arceau Lift Turbillon.

The Dual flying H's motif above the Turbillon are taken from the front of the famous lift from their Paris boutique.

Very sleek time piece.

You have exquisite taste :)

Stay Well My Friend,
Richard

[quote name='Wriggles' timestamp='1395147226' post='8896107']
I'll throw this around for comment. My father in law passed away in 2002. A few months ago, the wife got a shoe box from a sister with junk in it. Looking at the usual stuff, I spied a solid round mens' 18K Enicar watch. With a little Ebay research, Dad's watch was from the 40's-50's. (Someone must have given him the broken watch. He was not an 18K guy.) The watch does not run, the crown will set the hand, though. The crystal is cracked in several places. Aside from the 18K and 0.750 markings on the back, you'd really think it was junk.

I've seen on Ebay, an almost identical GF watch, new band and serviced, for $195. I'm sure the 18K watch would be worth more, but costs of repair may be stratospheric. Most of the guys selling serviced watches have in house repair, so labor cost is probably not a big factor in resale. (Busy work, for a repairman or a lone wolf seller.)

I've looked on repair sites and it seems a person could have a thousand in a watch like this, and actual value would be a fraction of that.

Comments?
[/quote]Back during that time (pre-post WW II), there were many "houses," so named because many of the watchmakers/companies literally worked out of a house. With many, and I would put Enicar in this grouping, while they made some beautiful pieces, obviously they did not have the name, history or cache of the older, storied houses.

In many cases, one will only get that watch's value as determined by metal(18k vs 14k), with little or no value for the manufacture's name.

So, depending on how much the case weighs, you would probably only get the current value of gold at that time.

Still, I have some vintage pieces that are worth less than yours, and they're cool as hell and I wear them all of the time.

And yes, many times, unfortunately, unless it's for sentimental reasons, and money is no object, it does not pay to have them repaired.

Some nice background info on Enicar:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/joy-collecting-vintage-enicar-watches-726015.html

Have a great week-

My Best,
Richard

I love watches but only have 1 higher end watch. I have a Baume and Marcier Capeland S watch which my parents got me as a graduation gift about 10 years ago. I love the thing. Used to wear it everyday but now have a couple of more fashion oriented watches that I wear quite often. I have a Tissot Quadrato Chronograph with a rubber band which I wear when doing something active, a Victorinox Officer's watch my wife got me for xmas (brown leather band) and maybe my favorite watch.. a 15 or so year old Victorinox watch that was my first watch. I was in 6th grade and all I wanted for xmas was a watch. A real watch. I wore the watch daily until I got me B&M. I still break the watch out from time to time but at this point it's pretty beat up. The sentimental value of the watch makes it worth a ton to me.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1395152966' post='8896673']
I love watches but only have 1 higher end watch. I have a Baume and Marcier Capeland S watch which my parents got me as a graduation gift about 10 years ago. I love the thing. Used to wear it everyday but now have a couple of more fashion oriented watches that I wear quite often. I have a Tissot Quadrato Chronograph with a rubber band which I wear when doing something active, a Victorinox Officer's watch my wife got me for xmas (brown leather band) and maybe my favorite watch.. a 15 or so year old Victorinox watch that was my first watch. I was in 6th grade and all I wanted for xmas was a watch. A real watch. I wore the watch daily until I got me B&M. I still break the watch out from time to time but at this point it's pretty beat up. The sentimental value of the watch makes it worth a ton to me.
[/quote]Dude, that B&M is a sweet time piece and it's movement is a war horse. LMAO, cuz I wear the same Vic Officer's watch casually and it's not only nice looking, it's a war horse too, lol, cuz I wear it probably 50-60% of the time and it still looks great and runs great.

If someone asked me for a great quality economical Swiss Made sport/casual watch, Tissot would be my #1 recommendation with almost two dozen watches between $500-999, followed by Vic, and like golf equipment, watches/time pieces are a personal, individual thing, cuz Vic is my fave casual watch company because I prefer a more conservative, strap piece versus the metal watch or metal case/rubber strap that does 32 different functions and can time the entire Men's Olympic swim team with one movement, lol. Like this frickin iPhone, I've got chronos that I don't know 75% of the functions ;)

Either way, those are two excellent companies.

Have a great week SB :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395149523' post='8896307']
[quote name='mljones99' timestamp='1395145635' post='8896009']
My wife and I have always been Breitling people but more and more Hermes is slipping into the collection.

Possible next additions plus a not so realistic option :)
[/quote]Thats a beautiful piece. A lot of Hermes' movements are ETA, though since buying a 25% stake in Vaucher, the Vaucher movements go into their high end pieces, however they have been manufacturing proprietary movements, such as the one in this Arceau Lift Turbillon.

The Dual flying H's motif above the Turbillon are taken from the front of the famous lift from their Paris boutique.

Very sleek time piece.

You have exquisite taste :)

Stay Well My Friend,
Richard
[/quote]

You sir know your stuff. Very impressive.

I work for the brand so I'm a little partial :)

[quote name='mljones99' timestamp='1395166653' post='8898305']
You sir know your stuff. Very impressive.

I work for the brand so I'm a little partial :)
[/quote]LMAO, I'm sorry cuz you have forgotten more about the brand than I will ever know, lol.

As you know, a lot of people will buy things, whether it's vehicles, golf clubs or time pieces, and they don't really get Into anything beyond the product that they just bought, which is perfectly fine, though when my Grandfather gave me my first 18k gold watch at my HS graduation, and I had to look up how to pronounce it correctly(He didn't, God Rest His Soul, LMAO), an Audemars Piquet two hand dress, well, I found the time pieces like art work, and I've been into them ever since.

I will say that Hermes is THE only non-traditional/fashion house that I have ever purchased one of their watches. I love understated elegance, and along with a nice sporty angle, they just have some amazingly simplistic, yet beautiful designs. And when they stepped up their game regarding movements and their commitment to more than a fashion accessory(see Chanel, LMAO), well, I'm in, lol.

I gave my nephew my Arceau TGM(Blk Alli folding strap) for his graduation as he too loved the piece and it can go with a tux or t-shirt and jeans

Hit em well My Friend :)

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395143736' post='8895901']

Richard
[/quote]

thats a beautiful watch.
i hope to own one tourb in my life.

Tad Moore handmade blade 

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1395194458' post='8901577']

Richard
[/quote]

thats a beautiful watch.
[/quote]Thank You Very much!!

My turb is just a watch-

Your Avatar?

Priceless!!

Beautiful Picture of a Beautiful little one :)

Have a great season Bro!

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395194855' post='8901619']

Richard
[/quote]

thats a beautiful watch.

My turb is just a watch-

Your Avatar?

Priceless!!

Have a great season Bro!

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

a watch that will be a heirloom!

yup my little boss princess. that was taken a year ago.
she's now grownup at 18months. hope she inherited
her fathers love for horological masterpieces as i did from
my father.

stay safe!

carlo

Tad Moore handmade blade 

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1395195674' post='8901747']

Richard
[/quote]

thats a beautiful watch.

My turb is just a watch-

Your Avatar?

Priceless!!

Have a great season Bro!

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

my father.

stay safe!

carlo
[/quote]Carlo,

If you get a chance, drop into the Junior Section amd I did a thread for the younger guys, though it really can apply to any male, however it's about a Father's letter to his daughter-

Have a great week,

Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1395196089' post='8901805']
[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1395195674' post='8901747']

Richard
[/quote]

thats a beautiful watch.

My turb is just a watch-

Your Avatar?

Priceless!!

Have a great season Bro!

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

my father.

stay safe!

carlo
[/quote]Carlo,

If you get a chance, drop into the Junior Section amd I did a thread for the younger guys, though it really can apply to any male, however it's about a Father's letter to his daughter-

Have a great week,

Richard
[/quote]

richard, will do thanks!

Tad Moore handmade blade 

what i was wearing yesterday

JLC_zps8030290d.jpg

what i am wearing today

photo-3_zpsdd88720e.jpg

and what i wish i would be wearing!!

on my wrist for 5 mins til my dad told me to give it back

jlc duometre quintimee lunaire

jlc_zps710ce1c9.jpg

my grail Patek 5276

patek_zpsa3f79607.jpg

Tad Moore handmade blade 

This is one of my 2-3 favorite pieces. A S. Lange & Sohne Dual Time Flyback Turbillon(18k Wh)-

Like Patek, L&S is a very conservative house, and also like Patek, the turbillon movement is in the rear versus most in the industry that are front & center. I like the AP, though I love this one. I got it at an estate sale here in town from a physician who was a professional peer of my Father, and he had quite the collection. His wife did me a huge favor, that was totally unexpected and she went against the wishes of the agent that they retained for the sale, though she told him as I stood there, "It's my watch amd I'll sell it to whom I want for what I want," LMAO.

I'm thinkin, "You go Girl," lol.

Have a good one :)

Richard

JLC_zps8030290d.jpg

what i am wearing today

photo-3_zpsdd88720e.jpg

jlc_zps710ce1c9.jpg

my grail Patek 5276

patek_zpsa3f79607.jpg

Yep, that's one of my favorite Patek's-

Jeans or Tuxedo, it's beautiful!

JL is an amazing house.

I had a few of their pieces in fact I traded an 18k YG Reverso as part of the deal for the AP.

Gorgeous pieces and exquisite taste!

Stay well My Friend,

Richard

JLC_zps8030290d.jpg

what i am wearing today

photo-3_zpsdd88720e.jpg

jlc_zps710ce1c9.jpg

my grail Patek 5276

patek_zpsa3f79607.jpg

Nice. JL Reverso is one of my favorites...what a great idea for watch protection.

TBD

Callaway XHot 4 Wood

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 23

Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 26

Mizuno Comp EZ 5-PW

Vokey Satin 50
Vokey Satin 58

Kingston KP1 custom stamped
ProV1x/KSig

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1395129608' post='8895633']
[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1395126803' post='8895593']
I've got a Tag Heuer Aquaracer chrono that I've been trying to sell. Anyone have any experience selling watches online other than ebay?
[/quote]

timezone and watchuseek are good places to sell.
[/quote]

Thanks

[quote name='MrTmag' timestamp='1395197291' post='8901973']
Some cool watches in here. I was talking to my dad and he said the amount of money he has spent on watches is insane. Not a cheap hobby by any means.
[/quote]

It makes club hoing look like childs play.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60