2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2014 Adams XTD Driver, FW and Forged Irons LOVEFEST Thread- Yum yum... (pics of all)

easyyy

Time to give Adams some more love. This year we are seeing so much great equipment come out. So much new great gear is out there and many are being over looked. IMHGO we have some great products that came out of Adams this year.

Don't want to be like everyone else? Drive an Audi, Maserati, or a Subaru. Dont want to play what everyone else is this year but want to game some hi tech gear... seriously, try Adams. I have a bag in front of me that looks so good and performs. Here is a bunch of Pics for the Adams fans to give them some love.

Adams XTD Driver- (See the review on the frontpage) Flat black paint, crazy slot on the crown, larger footprint but also a deep profile. Same adaptor as TMag so make Hoin easy for us WRX'ers. I have personally tested it and could easily tweak the setup to be my gamer. There is a 55g stiff white tie in it now and I need to put something with less spin in it. The sound is NOT muted. Louder than the average driver but sounds good. Dark horse this year.

Adams XTD Ti Fairway Wood- WOWOWOW. Cannon! This is no dark horse. This was/is right next to me as I watch the tournament on tv today and I am loving it. Same satin black finish and slot on the top. I love the look of the slot. I think it frames the ball like nothing I have seen. Ti titanium face and wow... one of those long cannons. I love to hear guys say they hit their 3 wood to long. A problem I would love to have. This will be one of those exceptionally long fw woods. Tour Edge and Adams Ti are those long crazy titanium ones this year. Built it to 43" and looks perfect. Great flight and numbers from the Testing Panel support my opinion. LONG LONG LONG!

Adams XTD Pro Hybrid- Ahhh just try it. This is a all around great hybrid. Drop dead great look and it is long. We will be hearing about this all year long.

Adams XTD Forged Irons- (Read the review on the frontpage) What a unique tech story. Players iron with speed and tungsten to tweak the CG. Multi piece head that adds gap between the face the forged chassis for speed in the longer irons. I tell you when you hit them you can feel the difference. Pricey but worth a test if you get a chance to hit them. You can but 3-pw or opt for 3 and 4 iron in an optional DHY (driving iron) that makes you never want to hit a 3 or 4 iron ever again. They are small enough also to not need headcovers. Helps me not look like I am on the LPGA. The DHY are money. I shafted them in the same shafts as my 5-pw. Right now I am playing 4-pw in the irons and swapped out the 3 iron with the DHY. If Adams marketed like the otehr big boys these would be front and center for players irons.

Here are the pics. See the new WRX pin on the bottom of the bag? Nice. Just got 50 of them in.

XTD Driver-

XTD Ti Fairway (Howitzer Cannon)-

XTD Pro Hybrid-

Pro Mini-

Adams XTD Forged Irons-

Puglielli Wedge-

Comparison Pics with the TMag MC-

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard you can see from my signature I am not far behind you! Just saw the pro hybrids and the stand bag you have but I want to know where you got the satin puglielli"s??? To be honest I am tossing between the XTD and the SLDR 430....but IMO the irons are better than the TM and I like the fact the have the slot tech throughout...more consistent, once again IMO.

[quote name='tucker500' timestamp='1395606348' post='8932777']
How do they compare to the MC as far as forgiveness? The XTD look similar but I'm sure they feel better.

How do we score one of those WRX pins!?!?
I like it. Subtle and classic.
[/quote]

WRX Pins!!! We are responding to a few requests from members asking for some way to identify ourselves in the bag other than putter covers. We made some awesome bag tags and these pins that just came int eh other day. We will be offering them for free or close to. They didnt cost that much and we are looking to get them out there.

Comparison to MC? I cant answer that. I have hit them at length. They feel just incredible. I think the construction allows some face give and it feels like lead with a pop. I mean it is cool. Fitters at Carls and Miles of Golf that hit everything all day every day both asked me if I had hit them. Hummmm.

[attachment=2136173:golfwrx pin.jpg]

I hit the XTD Ti hybrid and it's unbelievable. Don't think I can drop $300 on a hybrid right now, but it will definitely be on my list when the price drops a little. Oh, and the pin is pretty awesome too!

Cobra Amp Cell 8.5* w/ Black Tie
TEE XCG4 15* w/ Prolaunch Red
Adams Super LS w/ KK Black 19*
Mizuno JPX 800 4-GW w/S300
Cleveland 588 RTX 56*
Bettinardi Studio Stock 15

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1395609037' post='8933057']
How do they compare to the MC as far as forgiveness? The XTD look similar but I'm sure they feel better.

[/quote]

WRX Pins!!! We are responding to a few requests from members asking for some way to identify ourselves in the bag other than putter covers. We made some awesome bag tags and these pins that just came int eh other day. We will be offering them for free or close to. They didnt cost that much and we are looking to get them out there.

Comparison to MC? I cant answer that. I have hit them at length. They feel just incredible. I think the construction allows some face give and it feels like lead with a pop. I mean it is cool. Fitters at Carls and Miles of Golf that hit everything all day every day both asked me if I had hit them. Hummmm.

[attachment=2136173:golfwrx pin.jpg]
[/quote]

Pencil me in for a pin.

What would compare the forgiveness to? I heard a rep say they were far beyond the CMB and close to an I25 or ap2. Hard to believe, because they look very similar to CMB (in pictures).

The 3 wood + Diamana S+82 is heaven.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I haven't hit the irons, but I just put a xtd 15 degree on an addi 7 shaft, and it is a rocket launcher. Amazing club. I also have the 19 degree hybrid, but the jury is still out. Head is hot, but not sure the stock red tie shaft works for me.

Wish there was more availability to try the driver out. My club does not carry adams and I don't feel like I get a good idea about a club hitting into a net or screen at golfsmith.

Would love to get one of those pins.....

Callaway Maverik SZ

Taylor Made Original One

Adams a12 16 *

Titleist 816 23*

Miura cb1008/2008 combo

Miura 52

Callaway 58

???flatstick

The xtd irons are on my short list to try, but I love my tour issue mb2 too much to change.
Richard, can you compare the xtd fairway to the stage2 or sldr fairway?
Thanks

I would also be willing to purchase a pin
X

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

Richard, any more info on that Pug wedge? Really loving the look of the grind. The Pro hybrid and irons look awesome too. Thanks.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

want a PIN, those r awesome
man not sure where I've been but those irons are awesome, didn't even know about them! LOL!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

I started playing this game with the A3os. Check the Sig for what I play now. All Adams but my wedges and putter!

Oh yeah, sign me up for a pin also please!

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='tucker500' timestamp='1395612337' post='8933475']
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1395609037' post='8933057']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pencil me in for a pin.

What would compare the forgiveness to? I heard a rep say they were far beyond the CMB and close to an I25 or ap2. Hard to believe, because they look very similar to CMB (in pictures).
[/quote]

Humm... I dont know about that. The i25 look to have significantly more perimeter weighting and much thicker soles than the XTD. However there is some for real bounce on these XTD's that will certainly help if you come in a touch early.

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1395624284' post='8935061']
The xtd irons are on my short list to try, but I love my tour issue mb2 too much to change.
Richard, can you compare the xtd fairway to the stage2 or sldr fairway?
Thanks

I would also be willing to purchase a pin
X
[/quote]

I will try to. I have both here.

Pins should be available for almost free in a few weeks.

Richard

That PW looks similar to the Fourteen FH1000 with that grind around the perimeter. The irons and wedges look great.. interesting.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I hit the XTD driver last month at a local shop. I brought my CT 2.0 in to test some shafts and after not finding any better (there), I hit the XTD driver at 10.5 with a Red Tie stiff. I prefer the look of a conventional black head so not exactly a fan of the slot in the top, though it won't stop me from gaming it (own a XTD 3t 16*). As easyyy stated, the sound is not muted abs is louder then I'd prefer but not a deal breaker. Performance is where this club was surprising. My swing was tight and off and I was not getting very good numbers with the CT 2.0 nor the SLDR for that matter. Then one of the sales guys handed me the XTD and whoa, compared to my avg with the CT 2.0 at 248 total, I was averaging 260 and belted one 271. Which that day, the way I was hitting it, was amazing. Nice high draws and pretty forgiving. I am impressed with it still and I haven't forgotten about it. Since then, I've found a very good combo in the CT 2.0 pairing it up with an original Blueboard so not completely lost without a driver right now. Not that it matters to me personally but I wish this club got more recognition on Tour and through the various websites that have done mass reviews of the top drivers of the year. All of the Adams guys are in the SLDR.. Now I know they are part of TMAG and are paid to play it but if the club really didn't give them the chance to win, I really doubt that they would game it just for the tee-up $$$.. They're getting RESULTS. My take on it.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

[quote name='goondawg ' timestamp='1395665280' post='8937305']
I believe the LSP hybrid has come to retail as the Pro. I have an 18 in both and they are identical in every measurable. Only difference is paint.
[/quote]

But wasn't the LSP a titanium face? The Pro is steel but with the same thin face, slot tech as the Super 9031/Pro Mini.

The feel between my LSP 18* and black Super 9031 20* is completely different.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

What wedges does Adams have that are forged? The Watson IX look nice.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

[quote name='mattsam' timestamp='1395669161' post='8937679']
What wedges does Adams have that are forged? The Watson IX look nice.
[/quote]

Look at the Pugelli wedges pictured in this thread... Those are the forged offering from Adams.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0