We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Custom No offset Low Tide Putter

smitty114 ·  
smitty114smitty114  257WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 257
Joined:  edited Feb 23, 2014 in Putter Mods and Micro Putter Artisans #1
So this is just the start of a custom putter that I am having built by the guys at Low Tide, who by the way are amazing to work with I highly recommend them. Any ways so what i was looking for was a putter with a Flow Neck with zero offset, after a few emails back and forth the guys got started so without further ado here she is

Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BettieBettie  33WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 33
    Very cool.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MPGMPG  588WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 588
    Awesome. I got two putters done by Low Tide and they are amazing. The best part is how they can custom a putter based off your conversation around likes and dislikes. I am currently playing my custom counterbalanced Whale Tail that is amazing.

Keep us posted on the progress. You will not be disappointed!
    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 - T1100 Shaft
    Fairway: Titleist TS3 - Diamana Thump  
    Hybrid - Callaway APEX 20*
    Irons: TaylorMade 2019 P790- Tour Issue DG 120 s400
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 54* / 58*
    Putter: Cameron SB+ or Edel E4 OR Taylormade Spider X OR Cameron X5 Flow Neck
    Ball: TP5x or TourB XS or Maxfli Tour 
  • ceasterbceasterb  954WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 954
    MPG wrote:

Awesome. I got two putters done by Low Tide and they are amazing. The best part is how they can custom a putter based off your conversation around likes and dislikes. I am currently playing my custom counterbalanced Whale Tail that is amazing.

Keep us posted on the progress. You will not be disappointed!
    Pics please . . . ??
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
    Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
    Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
    Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts
    50*, 54* & 60* Titleist SM6 wedges
    Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip
  • MPGMPG  588WRX Points: 100Members Posts: 588
    Here are some pics that I took with my iPAD but do need to get some really good pics of these once I find sometime .

The darker gray putter is my custom whale tail that Josh and Zack filled the back in to give me the weight I was looking for and made it a awesome looking mallet. It is a counter balanced putter that was my second favorite at first sight until I started putting with it. It is now my full time gamer.

The raw finished putter is a Rip Curl that I dedicated to my kids (names are on the toe/heel). I had this made as my standard 33.5 in putter and was planned to be my gamer but...the whaleTail just rolls the ball absolutely perfect.

As you can see they deliver on quality and spot on specifications. You will not be disappointed.

Thoughts?
    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 - T1100 Shaft
    Fairway: Titleist TS3 - Diamana Thump  
    Hybrid - Callaway APEX 20*
    Irons: TaylorMade 2019 P790- Tour Issue DG 120 s400
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 54* / 58*
    Putter: Cameron SB+ or Edel E4 OR Taylormade Spider X OR Cameron X5 Flow Neck
    Ball: TP5x or TourB XS or Maxfli Tour 
  • smitty114smitty114  257WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 257
    Really like the look of that whale tail the all dark looks sweet
    Posted:
    New Pics added in post 1
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bpprybppry  1905WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 1,905
    Putter looks great. Really making me think of getting one.
    Posted:
  • manlyaggiemanlyaggie  3WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 3
    MPG wrote:

Here are some pics that I took with my iPAD but do need to get some really good pics of these once I find sometime .

The darker gray putter is my custom whale tail that Josh and Zack filled the back in to give me the weight I was looking for and made it a awesome looking mallet. It is a counter balanced putter that was my second favorite at first sight until I started putting with it. It is now my full time gamer.

The raw finished putter is a Rip Curl that I dedicated to my kids (names are on the toe/heel). I had this made as my standard 33.5 in putter and was planned to be my gamer but...the whaleTail just rolls the ball absolutely perfect.

As you can see they deliver on quality and spot on specifications. You will not be disappointed.

Thoughts?

How much did the whale tail putter head weigh after they added the plumbers neck and flange fill?
    Posted:
    Alright just got it in and man its even nicer in person, rolled it a few times on the carpet and man does it feel amazing. Now if this stupid snow would just melt maybe I'd get to play it this year image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />. Here's some in hand pics of it sits so nice at address, cannot recommend these guys enough such amazing guys to work with and a phenomenal product

Posted:
  • Andy.Andy. Real name, no gimmicks.  104WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 104
    That finish is so fresh! image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />
    Posted:
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience  6216WRX Points: 345Members Posts: 6,216
    I agree. The finish is awesome! I also like the flow neck!
    Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 // Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Accra 110i Stiff ssx1 - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48* bent -1*mid, 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
    Jones Utility Trouper Navy Twill
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag White
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • Ayoung19Ayoung19  1644WRX Points: 25Members Posts: 1,644
    Really need to get myself a custom one of these days, these are stunning
    Posted:
    TM M1 460 Fujikura Pro 73X
    TM M2 3 wood Fujikura Pro 73X
    TM UDI 2 iron UST TSPX 85X
    Adams A12 Pro Hybrid Matrix Ozik 100X
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-9 Nippon Modus 105S
    Titleist SM6 46F 52F 56M 60M
    TM Tour Spider Red
    These guys did an unreal job, putter rolls so smooth
    Posted:
  • LionGolferLionGolfer  1393WRX Points: 141Members Posts: 1,393
    smitty114 wrote:

Alright just got it in and man its even nicer in person, rolled it a few times on the carpet and man does it feel amazing. Now if this stupid snow would just melt maybe I'd get to play it this year image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />. Here's some in hand pics of it sits so nice at address, cannot recommend these guys enough such amazing guys to work with and a phenomenal product

Congrats Smitty! I just ordered my FIN and I can;t wait to get it.
    Posted:
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • golf_prn_qdgolf_prn_qd  241WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 241
    How does she feel and perform? Do the looks match the results?
    Posted:
  • cjblake09cjblake09  1939WRX Points: 149Members Posts: 1,939
    Love that flow neck.
    Posted:

Advertisement

Finally got to roll it a couple of days ago and mannnnnnn it feels so good just a solid feel with a nice little click off the face. The ball just rolls so true
    Posted:
  • golf_prn_qdgolf_prn_qd  241WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 241
    smitty114 wrote:

Finally got to roll it a couple of days ago and mannnnnnn it feels so good just a solid feel with a nice little click off the face. The ball just rolls so true

That is awesome to hear. Always great when the performance matches the looks (there is a joke in there somwhere...).
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.