I believe I have stumbled upon genius....Hogans big secret!

Here is the secret......every golfer is a unique conglomerate of nerves, muscles, intelligence and ability. Even if you or anyone had a mapped out bio-mechanical point by point description of what Hogan did....you are not Hogan. His sense of feel, timing, rhythm, muscle composition all factored into how Hogan swung a club.

You and I will never replicate what Hogan did.

I feel better now. I've been carrying that secret with me from the day I learned to walk. Everything I do athletically is a result of my trial and error experiences coupled with my ever changing physical ability to put into motion what my brain requests, my nervous system translates and my muscular structure allow.

I do have a paypal account if you'd like to send me some money but that might forfeit my amateur status which I wouldn't be interested in.

And the maturity level of the forum mixed with the ignorance of how the golf swing works is exactly why I didn't reveal what I discovered. Honestly I came here excited to share some critical information I found out through experimenting with different stuff and now I hit it flush every single time and never left. Honestly I have nothing to gain from sharing my knowledge with anyone. So I'll just continue hitting it down the middle while you guys play from the woods every other hole. Lol doesn't bother me one bit.

Now if there are any other students of the game that are on this forum and not just posting counter productive bullxxxx to help them get through their mundane 8-5 job and would like me to share my insight please send me an email and I'll get back to ya ASAP.

It will take some effort to describe what I discovered in text so I'd rather not waste my time catering to the ignorant a hacks who love to molest this forum. Maybe that's why they never get better??

[email protected]

Here's to more birdies if you're interested!

@Justasgood

Yes you are right. Hogan was a little man with clubs set at least 8 degrees flatter than our standard equipment today. That fact alone means we won't get into the same positions as hogan.

I never said I discovered hogans swing! I said I think I stumbled upon why he hit it straight and his "secret" to hit it straight. My swing doesn't look like hogan and I don't want it too. But I want to hit it hard with direct underspin. And that is what I figured out. Then I went back and looked at hogans swing and just smiled....it's the same
Move.

Again I'm not wasting my time sharing my knowledge with people who refuse to get better. I don't practice 30 hours a week to win my club championship. I do it cause I want to get better everyday. And I also practice 30 hours a week cause I've made incredible sacrifices to do so. It's therapeutic to me to practice. I would do it 50 hours a week if I could!

If you wanna chat it up and are interested in sharing knowledge please send me an email...like I said some of these hacks don't deserve a damn ounce of knowledge to help their games. There's always a place for guys with ball retrievers in their bags and covers on their irons. ;)

I've seen this exact scenario play out 3-4 times now.

OP - " Guys I have found a/the secret."

- Random mix of replies, some asking for information. Others suspecting a troll, some joking, etc.

OP - "None of you deserve the secret / You're all idiots / You don't deserve this knowledge / I earned this secret and you didn't "

I still don't know if all these OPs are actually sincere and then get offended by the replies, or if they are just master trolls from the beginning.

[quote name='Forewood' timestamp='1400771155' post='9346795']
I do have a paypal account if you'd like to send me some money but that might forfeit my amateur status which I wouldn't be interested in.

And the maturity level of the forum mixed with the ignorance of how the golf swing works is exactly why I didn't reveal what I discovered. Honestly I came here excited to share some critical information I found out through experimenting with different stuff and now I hit it flush every single time and never left. Honestly I have nothing to gain from sharing my knowledge with anyone. So I'll just continue hitting it down the middle while you guys play from the woods every other hole. Lol doesn't bother me one bit.

Now if there are any other students of the game that are on this forum and not just posting counter productive bullxxxx to help them get through their mundane 8-5 job and would like me to share my insight please send me an email and I'll get back to ya ASAP.

It will take some effort to describe what I discovered in text so I'd rather not waste my time catering to the ignorant a hacks who love to molest this forum. Maybe that's why they never get better??

[email protected]

Here's to more birdies if you're interested!
[/quote]

Wouldn't it be easier just to post the secret here once, rather than multiple times in private emails?

You know, silence the critics and all that stuff?

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

"I've never seen any of you play, but I be you all really suck! I bet you can't hit a fairway or green to save your life!"

"I am a slow learner, so it has taken me many of years @ 30 hours a week to get rid of my double cross. I have bought many training aids, even paid for lessons. However, I am not naturally athletic, nor do I have good hand/eye coordination. So I recently decided I would try to swing as far outside/in with and open club face so I never go left again."

" I reiterate, you all suck, and hit out of the woods on ever shot. I never go left. I have done loads of research that is publicly available. But because I came to this site to troll, I cannot share it here."

"Truth be told, I don't have a lot of friends. So if you send me a private message and agree to be my friend, I will teach you how to slice the ball...every time."

WOW,,,,Can't believe it's not locked yet!!!!!! I was at work last night when he first started the thread and I thought it would never see the light of day.

Forewood,
This is not a post to dog you, we already have another thread on how we are too judgemental and I do think it's cool that you have all this excitement about a discovery for you in your swing that you wanted so desperately to share.

Being this was your first post ever I instantly knew this was going down like a Led Zepplin(BRRrrrrrrrrrr,,,,,What a whole lotta love)! You have to understand for one your on the internet, totally different protocol and set of social rules than in everyday face to face life!
The other thing is there's plenty of history here and everywhere else on the internet of swing profits claiming they have found the Kingdom of Heaven only to later discover they are more or less an average golfer that finally understood some basic fundamental of the swing that allowed them to improve.
The final thing is even if you did actually discover something that would be worth discussion you have to have tact and respect in how you present the material. Every internet golf site has one or two expert residence, many of them actual teaching pro's that donate their time and knowledge to help people get better. Coming in the way you did was more or less busting through the front door and the masses went crazy on you!

For myself when it comes to the golf swing I do not believe in any secrets or any special "missing links" that only a few people ever discover. 39 years of experience, most of those at scratch, has shown me that solid fundamentals, good basic instruction, and practice are the ONLY real secret to the game. And I can't stress "soild fundamentals" enough. If the average golfer just learned how to properly grip and setup to the ball and properly take the club back in the first few feet of their backswing they would improve beyond all imagination!

Anyhow good luck with your newfound secret and hindsite perhaps you should have searched the instruction threads and jumped into a more civilized discussion on what you felt you discovered. Believe me there are people here that will talk "pronate, this-nate, that-nate" with you all day long in those threads.

Good Luck and Play Well!

Ohh I'm not offended by anything anyone has said. This is the internet lol. I agree solid fundamentals are key. I didn't say this was for everyone. Maybe someone wants to hit a hook or a swinging draw off the tee...well the move I'm talking about would not help them.

I have used the net and tips and videos and drills to improve my game. This was my attempt to give back a piece of what everyone has given me. If the advice is not warranted then my services are over. Like I said I'll enjoy the middle of the fairway while all the stubborn refuse to get better golfers on this forum will sit here and push away another break through well after I'm gone I'm sure.

I have a lot of emails I will get too very soon I promise and I'm hoping my knowledge and results of thousands of golf
Balls will help shave some strokes for all those esp younger players improve and reach a high level of ball striking. I am not a pro or an instructor...not because of my talent and ability of understanding of the golf swing...but because I don't want this to be my job. I like what I am now and I'm good with that. I'm not interested in living in hotels and the back seat of my car trying to grind my way to a tour card.

If you want to hear my idea and move I will love to share stories and insight but as for all the bashers and closed minded people...keep on doing you! I'm sure life is very secure in your little box you live in. Have a blessed day!

[quote name='Forewood' timestamp='1400780079' post='9347917']
Ohh I'm not offended by anything anyone has said. This is the internet lol. I agree solid fundamentals are key. I didn't say this was for everyone. Maybe someone wants to hit a hook or a swinging draw off the tee...well the move I'm talking about would not help them.

I have used the net and tips and videos and drills to improve my game. This was my attempt to give back a piece of what everyone has given me. If the advice is not warranted then my services are over. Like I said I'll enjoy the middle of the fairway while all the stubborn refuse to get better golfers on this forum will sit here and push away another break through well after I'm gone I'm sure.

I have a lot of emails I will get too very soon I promise and I'm hoping my knowledge and results of thousands of golf
Balls will help shave some strokes for all those esp younger players improve and reach a high level of ball striking. I am not a pro or an instructor...not because of my talent and ability of understanding of the golf swing...but because I don't want this to be my job. I like what I am now and I'm good with that. I'm not interested in living in hotels and the back seat of my car trying to grind my way to a tour card.

If you want to hear my idea and move I will love to share stories and insight but as for all the bashers and closed minded people...keep on doing you! I'm sure life is very secure in your little box you live in. Have a blessed day!
[/quote]

Can you post a video of your +3 handicap swing for all of us, so we can be amazed and astonished by the perfection? Lol jk, but seriously can you post a video of your swing? I wouldn't call myself close minded, but I always think objectively. I listen, or in this instance read with a completely open mind, then I gather all the information and try to cipher it as logically and rationally as I possibly can. However, the way you presented your information or lack thereof, and the attitude you possess suggests that you are not genuinely here to help people with their golf game. If you genuinely wanted to help people with their game you would have shared all your knowledge you possibly could in hopes that it could transform someones swing and make them a better player. You are the exact opposite. You only want to help the ones you deem to be "worthy" of your help. That is garbage and as a scratch player myself I never beat my chest and will FREELY and WILLINGLY offer any advice I can to someone who asks in hopes that it can help them regardless of their handicap or work ethic. I am not saying it will help, but I would be glad to share with them what I know in hopes that it would. You see, most good players are very humble and do not want to beat their chests feeling superior to anyone. Most good players started off as bad players and realize that its a journey not looking down on anyone. I would be willing to bet you are far from a +3 handicap my friend, but thats just my observation from what I have gathered thus far and could be completely wrong.

Noones beating their chest. Like I said I have nothing at all to gain. It was just like "hey look at my new toy...wanna play with it??" And the responses I got was f*** your toy...I have my own. I don't need any new toys. And hanicap is a joke anyway...I don't live my life based on my handicap. I try to get better everyday. But as far as the usga is concerned in a +2.6. And I hope to be better tomorrow than I am today.

1) Whenever I see something weird on the internet I have to remind myself that [i]EVERYONE[/i] has access to the internet, and no one list the medications they are taking before they post.

2) There is no Hogan secret. I suppose that Hogan let that myth perpetuate just like this bozo since it gave him an edge.

3) I figured he was trolling from the get-go since this was his first post.

[quote name='CB_22' timestamp='1400782002' post='9348125']
I never beat my chest and will FREELY and WILLINGLY offer any advice I can to someone who asks in hopes that it can help them regardless of their handicap or work ethic. I am not saying it will help, but I would be glad to share with them what I know in hopes that it would. You see, most good players are very humble and do not want to beat their chests feeling superior to anyone. Most good players started off as bad players and realize that its a journey not looking down on anyone.
[/quote]THESE words are the SECRET!

Forget the swing ;)

This is about being a good human being. For us adults, unfortunately for many, the die has been cast, though for you young Guys, read this, ingrain it into your minds, because THIS is the foundation on which this game is based, and at the end of the day, THIS is what being a Player is all about.

My post is in no way directed at the OP, as I do not come on here to judge others, though its rare when truly outstanding posts are made. This is one such time, and its great for the younger Guys (yea, I'm specifically addressing guys cuz Ladies don't seem to have these problems) to read.

Well played CB, very well played!

Have a great season Bro, and welcome to the forum :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1400783761' post='9348335']
I never beat my chest and will FREELY and WILLINGLY offer any advice I can to someone who asks in hopes that it can help them regardless of their handicap or work ethic. I am not saying it will help, but I would be glad to share with them what I know in hopes that it would. You see, most good players are very humble and do not want to beat their chests feeling superior to anyone. Most good players started off as bad players and realize that its a journey not looking down on anyone.

Forget the swing ;)

This is about being a good human being. For us adults, unfortunately for many, the die has been cast, though for you young Guys, read this, ingrain it into your minds, because THIS is the foundation on which this game is based, and at the end of the day, THIS is what being a Player is all about.

My post is in no way directed at the OP, as I do not come on here to judge others, though its rare when truly outstanding posts are made. This is one such time, and its great for the younger Guys (yea, I'm specifically addressing guys cuz Ladies don't seem to have these problems) to read.

Richard
[/quote]

Richard,

Thank you for the kind words sir! You have a great season as well!

[quote name='Forewood' timestamp='1400771933' post='9346917']
@Justasgood

Yes you are right. Hogan was a little man with clubs set at least 8 degrees flatter than our standard equipment today. That fact alone means we won't get into the same positions as hogan.

I never said I discovered hogans swing! I said I think I stumbled upon why he hit it straight and his "secret" to hit it straight. My swing doesn't look like hogan and I don't want it too. But I want to hit it hard with direct underspin. And that is what I figured out. Then I went back and looked at hogans swing and just smiled....it's the same
Move.

Again I'm not wasting my time sharing my knowledge with people who refuse to get better. I don't practice 30 hours a week to win my club championship. I do it cause I want to get better everyday. And I also practice 30 hours a week cause I've made incredible sacrifices to do so. It's therapeutic to me to practice. I would do it 50 hours a week if I could!

If you wanna chat it up and are interested in sharing knowledge please send me an email...like I said some of these hacks don't deserve a damn ounce of knowledge to help their games. There's always a place for guys with ball retrievers in their bags and covers on their irons. ;)
[/quote]

Hogan Specs

[url="http://3jack.blogspot.com/2012/07/ben-hogans-true-equipment-specifications.html"]http://3jack.blogspot.com/2012/07/ben-hogans-true-equipment-specifications.html[/url]

Michael,

How bout sharing what you've found?

Otherwise, UofU has a valid point, as this thread has about run it's course. There are a lot of real solid Guys posting in here and whatever information that you might share, it will bring some value to the thread, even if someone disagrees, and you obviously have the confidence and thick skin that comes with a +3 cap, so you can address those that post in a civil manner, ignore the others, and we can move forward.

Otherwise, like UofU suggested, you might as well hit "Report" and ask the Mods to lock 'er up

Have a great day :)

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='CB_22' timestamp='1400784142' post='9348387']
[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1400783761' post='9348335']

Forget the swing ;)

Richard
[/quote]

Richard,

Thank you for the kind words sir! You have a great season as well!
[/quote]Thank You :)

My Best,
Richard

I'm not gonna tell you my secret unless you email me and beg me to reveal my superior knowledge.

What a tool.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1400786261' post='9348601']
OP - I have a secret that I'm not going to tell.

Us - Go bugger yourself.

OP - I don't understand why people aren't more appreciative of the knowledge I'm not sharing with them.
[/quote]

^^^^^^
Good one.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Ok, this is hilarious! Can anyone point me to some other threads with this kind of humor taking place? This is entertainment!

For you fans of The Office, this is Will Arnett doing the same thing... [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nkl4JQYmws"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nkl4JQYmws[/url]

TEE EXS 8.5* HZRDUS Yellow 65S
TEE EXS 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75S
PXG 0311X Gen2 DG 120X
Taylormade 2012 MC 3-PW X100
Ping Glide 54/60 S400
SC Select Newport 2.6

Lol some of you are ....just simple. I never said I found the "secret" look at me look at me who wants to know...owell I'm not telling! I actually said I'm a humble amateur golfer who stumbled upon something and the light bulb clicked on. I gave the forum a chance to start an open discussion about what they believe was his key to hitting it straight everytime with no chance of a hook.

I have replied to every email and passing on the info with pleasure. But I'm not going to sit here and spend the next 30 mins typing a novel on my iPhone explaining the move when I'm obligated to respond to simpletons that have no critical information to add themselves only childish banter. Like I said I have nothing to gain. I'm not writing a book on the golf swing nor do I have a YouTube channel to promote. I just wanted to pass the info along and hopefully at least one person can benefit from it.

It's actually very easy to execute and execute time and time again without fail. It's nothing complicated and I bet every person will agree it's very easy to reproduce and would be shocked from the results. To be honest I'm not even a technical golfer. I depend on feel and sound not positions. But as I found out putting yourself in the correct position you can feel EVERYTHING.

Now with all that said if you want to email me I'll be more than happy to share what I've learned. Am I a swing guru? Hell no? Am I a hack that just figured out some fundamentals?? No I'm not. I'm a seasoned golfer who has fought a hook his whole life and finally figured out what hogan was doing in his swing and it clicked! Lol some of you guys have insecurity issues or something.

I'll say it one more time for those people with their average scores higher than their IQ.....

I'm not a pro or a swing guru trying to play games on the internet. I'm one of those guys at your club on the back range hitting 300 golf balls everyday and I discovered some profound stuff regarding ball striking. You can choose to
Absorb it and decide if it works for you, or you can act like children and push people like me away and will never return with anymore insight. Or even worse you can pay $75 an hour for lessons and get nothing out of it.

Here's my email [email protected]

Here's some free advice to some of you, if you live in a box and assume everyone is full of ahit and out to hurt you, you will never grow. In life or with your golf game. Ya know I used to hate asparagus until someone told me they were good....go figure I like asparagus now....